SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread

+9
badjab326
Don Vecta
iceweb38
SoRFanatic
Mr.Din
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Xenovant
cabo-hicks
Saven
13 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread

Post  Saven Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:30 am

Xillatem wrote:Because it's rubbish compared to the rest of the OST.

This.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread

Post  Xillatem Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:44 am

Plus if the demo version of the theme is anything to go by, it was actually cutscene music. Just got looped for the final.
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:39 am

Cutscene music? That's news to me!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esMyfcVapMU

Yep, it's the only "Zone" demo song on the OST which has an ending, the rest loop as normal.
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Sonic reboot designs leaked:
Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread - Page 3 Q1e1kHu
Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread - Page 3 E4eyqW2

The newer designs in Sonic Adventure I could live with (unlike another certain community). But wow, this is bad. They are starting to look like Square-Enix characters with the massive usage of bandages and other unnecessary shit like scarfs and goggles.

No seriously, wtf is up with Knuckles? Is this his father in the new reboot?

Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread - Page 3 196777_41798_front
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:02 pm

I'm with you Saven, plus I notice something that go against the law of the internet:
Everyone is naked except the girl.  cyclops 

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:30 pm

Awkward designs are awkward!
The shadows were already a bad omen but yeah Knuckles truly looks terrible!
Thankfully SEGA confirmed this is not replacing Modern Sonic  Surprised

But they're making a new Sonic game that will be an iteration of that Sonic Boom series. Apparently, it's a WiiU/3DS game that will be similar to Sonic Adventure.

EDIT: Can't access the Sonic Retro forums at the moment. I want to see how big of a mess there is at the moment!!

EDIT2:

I gotta be honest though, the game looks fun despite the different design!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:03 am

iceweb38 wrote:
EDIT: Can't access the Sonic Retro forums at the moment. I want to see how big of a mess there is at the moment!!

Laughing 

Predictable. The reaction must've been so bad it crashed the site.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:35 am

heh looks alright, I don't really pay attention to the retarded Sonic fandom. My kids like it, just another show/game for them to enjoy. Designs could've been way better, Tails and Amy look interesting for once, Tails actually looks like he works on stuff. Sonic just has unnecessary crud all over him, wraps on shoes, for what reason? A little mixed on knuckles, kind of like the idea of him having a brawler look to him.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:12 pm

The more I watch that video game trailer, the more I'm actually getting hyped for it, something that did not happen with Sonic Lost Worlds. And yeah, Tails and Amy designs grow on me too, just wish Knuckles wouldn't look like that.
Are bandages the big trend these days or what?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:08 pm

Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread - Page 3 Knuckles_concept_art_Sonic_Boom_game

Oh god... can someone give me coffin and grave? I think I am going to die because of steroid Knuckles
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Sonic's car... with bandages...

Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread - Page 3 Boomsonicelectronic
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Thu May 29, 2014 4:38 pm

JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu May 29, 2014 11:05 pm

She looks a lot like Marine, many people assumed it was her on the leaked poster actually

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:45 pm

Cue entire Sonic fanbase "BAWWING" at the news of a new character, yet going on about how funny Wes Weasley was in AoStH....

Last edited by Xillatem on Sat May 02, 2020 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:39 am

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:39 pm

The more trailers I see, the more I'm liking this universe, it looks much more fun and cool than what we've seen these last years.

Yet of course, Sonic fanboys keeps whining! Razz

"OMG this looks like shit, I want Sonic Adventure 3/Shadow2/Classic Sonic game!"
"Let Sonic die please, this looks like turd"
"I won't watch/buy it because Knuckles looks like he's on steroid"

Truly a sad community this is!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Sonic 2 HD UNCANCELATED.

Popcorn ready!
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:55 pm

I read about it, it's whole new programmers with whole new source code.

Let's just hope they won't turn out to be complete douchebags with DRMs and the likes of it. It gave such a bad reputation about the project.
Got to play Before the Sequel and After the Sequel BTW Xilla? Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:56 pm

Oh good, can't wait for another poorly optimized demo that would make Watch Dogs' system specs look great in comparison and also comes along with another keylogger that Sega will just kinda glance over again.

Have they decided on the soundtrack yet? Because that's the most important thing to do in a fan game first.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Ice: I tried Before the Sequel, constantly crashed.
Saven: Everyone knows it's the trees and blades of grass that are most important..
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Saven wrote:Have they decided on the soundtrack yet? Because that's the most important thing to do in a fan game first.

It's already up on Youtube, search for Sonic 2 HD OST, there's some beautiful remaster out there.
Oh right, forgot about the keylogger thing, just adds to the douchebaggery.

Xillatem wrote:Ice: I tried Before the Sequel, constantly crashed.
Oh have you downloaded the last updates for BTS? Gotta admit I haven't got any crashes, maybe those will stabilize the fangame on your computer

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:54 pm

So Aaron Webber (aka RubyEclipse) resigned from SoA
http://www.tssznews.com/2014/06/27/aaron-webber-resigns-from-sega-of-america/

For those who don't know, RubyElipse was Community Manager at SEGA then Associate Brand Manager for Sonic the Hedgehog and a few other SEGA titles. He's probably the best advocate the Sonic communities could ever hope to have as it's probably thanks to him that they were given a positive light.

Can't say I'll miss him though coz he basically seemed to care about Sonic and PSO only.
I remember the times when Criss and I tweeted to know what was SEGA approach with SoR and SoRR back in the day and he never bothered to answer. :S

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:24 pm

My brother just mentioned he bought Multimedia Fusion 2 a few months ago on Humble, so I've downloaded it.

Giving Sonic Worlds a try, I can see myself having alot of fun with this!
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:28 pm

you're jumping on the Sonic fangaming scene?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next