SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread

+9
badjab326
Don Vecta
iceweb38
SoRFanatic
Mr.Din
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Xenovant
cabo-hicks
Saven
13 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Thu May 30, 2013 6:17 pm

iceweb38 wrote:So the trailer for Sonic Lost Worlds got released
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-sIkDWfccU

Clearly you can see Nintendo is co-developping the game coz it looks like Sonic x Super Mario Galaxy.
Not too mad it's a Nintendo exclusive though, it looks fun but I'm not that hyped.

Not Sonic x Super Mario Galaxy, its Sonic Xtreme.
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread

Post  Xenovant Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:15 am

A NEW UPDATE OF THE HACK "SONIC 3 COMPLETE" IS OUT!!

This time with lots of new features and fixes. If you don't know this hack and you like sonic 3 & knuckles... I'll tell you one thing: this is the best hack for this game, so... what are you waiting for downloading it?

Bugfixes over previous S3C versions
The extra floor in Icecap Act 2 in Easy/Normal mode is now drawn using chunks rather than objects, so it doesn't flicker.
Tweaked air monitor collision so you're less likely to get snagged on edges.

New Features and Options
Flying Battery can now be played between Carnival Night and Icecap if enabled in the menu.
MD arrangements of the S&K Collection music are available to use from the menu. These were arranged and implemented by ValleyBell.
Classic versions of the main Sonic themes are included as menu options.
Super Sonic now has a full set of distinct sprites (for the default S3 look only). Some of these are based on flamewing's SCH sprites with tweaks by That One Jig; others have been drawn by Neo. A patch is available to revert to the classic super graphics. The primary character sprites have also been further tweaked.
Player 1 in a Sonic+Tails game can now put Tails into flight mode and direct him when being carried. This is activated as in Sonic 1 2013 (up+jump in midair). When Tails is carrying Sonic, use up/down/left/right to direct Tails, as in the Marble Garden boss; alternatively, you can set the controls in this state to work as in Sonic 1 2013 through the options menu. The Tails assist feature is enabled by default but can be turned off by changing the "Tails Assist" option in the options menu. When this mode is active, the fire shield dash will not activate while the up button is being held.
Tails now has his own continue screen. (Graphics by Neo.)
The Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 sprite options have been significantly improved and Sonic now uses the full set of four blues. The full Sonic 2 Super palette cycle has also been implemented. As a consequence, the separate options for retro palettes have been removed - the palettes are part of the art patches now. The oldschool Tails sprites have had some additional updates inspired by the Sonic CD 2011 and Sonic 1 2013 versions.
Hyper Sonic, Super Tails and Super/Hyper Knuckles now have distinct underwater palettes.
Super/Hyper characters detransform if they are killed.
The Sonic 2-style moves and abilities patch option has been moved to the in-game menu and expanded: it is now possible to play with Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic CD 1993 or Sonic CD 2011 style controls, with or without the appropriate speed caps. A further "max control" option has been added which gives you the Sonic CD 2011 peelout and unlocked roll jump on top of the normal Sonic 3 move set. (Note that Sonic 1 controls still include spindash to ensure the game can be completed; this can be disabled with a patch option for the brave, although this renders the game unwinnable in all but easy mode.)
Two features have been introduced from Hayate's "Casual Mode" hacks: casual mode itself, in which you have infinite lives and do not lose shields or rings when hit, making you almost invincible, and the option to avoid restarting level music on death if the same track would play anyway.
Sonic 3 Complete credits roll added to the Options menu.

Sonic 3-ification
A new palette is available for Flying Battery, which is used by preference if you set the zone order so that the zone appears during Sonic 3. This is based on the palette from the unused Sonic 3 save icon for Flying Battery.
The save screen for Complete mode no longer shows counts of lives and continues (though these are still saved and loaded); its format has been made more compact, like the original Sonic 3 save screen. There is a patch to revert to the cramped S3&K display, but this format will always be used with casual mode, as lives and continues are not relevant in that mode.

Bugfixes over S3&K
Angel Island now uses a sensible HUD palette in all areas.
Knuckles' special moves now respect underwater physics.
In rare cases, some giant rings in Mushroom Hill would not appear when continuing a save imported from Sonic 3. This has been fixed.
It is no longer possible to confuse the camera by ducking and jumping in a wrapped level, thereby moving through objects (thanks to flamewing and redhotsonic)
Rings attracted by the lightning shield are no longer confused by level wrapping (thanks to flamewing).
The lightning shield can now successfully attract rings when the player is at the extreme top or left of the level.
Super Sneaker effects are no longer nullified by water (thanks to MoDule)
Tails no longer trails along in flying animation when landing on objects (thanks to redhotsonic)
Tails' tails also flash when he is invulnerable (thanks to redhotsonic)
Fixed spindash cancellation on screen boundaries and when jumping immediately (thanks to flamewing)
Fixed spilt rings acting oddly in vertically-wrapped levels (thanks to redhotsonic and flamewing)
Fixed Super Sonic appearing in the wrong pose when dropped by Tails (visible during MGZ2 boss).
Fixed bugs relating to ICZ1-ICZ2 transition: you can no longer fly over the boss, and dying without having hit a starpost will correctly return you to the start of ICZ1.
Fixed issues with Tails flying Sonic into various objects and/or their areas of effect. (This can probably still happen in a bunch of places - let me know if you spot some. These issues are mostly easy to fix but involve changing each problematic object individually.)
Tails carrying Sonic to the floor no longer results in Sonic being able to walk around during level results.
Fixed underwater tired animation selection for Tails carrying Sonic
Sonic will no longer gain strange physics when Tails smashes an ice block from under him.
Fixed occasional glitched graphics/animations for Sonic when Tails places him on the ground.
The camera vertical offset will now reset when Tails carries Sonic.
Fixed sprite misalignment when Tails carries Sonic in Sonic alone mode
In addition to Sandopolis, Super Tails' flickies will also no longer make life harder during the Death Egg 2 boss.
When the lights go out in Carnival Night, the underwater palette also changes to reflect this (thanks to Neo).
Fixed CNZ vacuum tube whose art was pointing in the wrong direction.
No more floating platforms after the Launch Base building collapses.
More double-rings removed in Lava Reef.
Fixed sprite misalignment on Flying Battery midboss and Knuckles' waving off animation in Sky Sanctuary
Tails no longer acts like a div at the end of Mushroom Valley
Fire dashing or spindashing into the Death Egg boss area no longer causes collision havoc
Fixed abrupt/unsynced camera/music transition at the end of Sandopolis 2
The initial restart locations for Act 2 of Angel Island, Hydrocity, Launch Base and Lava Reef now better reflect the act 1 finish positions, making time results comparable.
The rumbling sound during the closing sequence of Flying Battery is no longer missing when restarting from the final starpost.
In certain circumstances, it is possible to break LBZ2 pipes containing water without following the water through the tube. Going offscreen would cause the water jet to be lost, rendering further progress impossible. The water jets now respawn correctly.
The falling animation is used after the Mushroom Valley/Hill Knuckles cutscene instead of the walking animation.
Fixed odd palette cycle stop point on Super/Hyper Knuckles during his ending.
Jump height off Hydrocity rotating cylinders is now appropriately reduced when underwater.
Level music no longer double-restarts before final boss in Death Egg
Competition music no longer restarts while navigating competition menus.

Link: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=18808&st=1110&p=747565&#entry747565

Download: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic%203%20Complete

Customizer: http://www.tiddles.org/s3c/customiser/

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:15 pm

a new sonic 3 complete version?....

Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread - Page 2 3890125

however, i must end first the others s3&k hacks that i have! Shocked Razz

i see interesting that sonic release from nintendo. i been thinking that sonic must have new moves like those on mario 64 from years., but this is pretty rare not? nintendo making sega games?

well, is this works, maybe they (nintendo) could like to make a new sor. cause is clear that sega dont have interest on it. but maybe can give to they the permision/license for create that game for they like with this sonic game.

however, only nintendo consoles and no pc version? grrr Evil or Very Mad

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Sonic After the sequel fangame just got released and all I can say is I've had a goddamn blast playing it!
Best Sonic fangame ever and best Sonic fangame OST ever!

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/06/lakefeperd-releases-sonic-after-the-sequel/

Now let's see if SEGA will cancel it XD

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:40 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Sonic After the sequel fangame just got released and all I can say is I've had a goddamn blast playing it!
Best Sonic fangame ever and best Sonic fangame OST ever!

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/06/lakefeperd-releases-sonic-after-the-sequel/

Now let's see if SEGA will cancel it XD

C'mon now, Sega canceling a Sonic game?

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:22 pm

it won't be cancelled. It will be CANCELATED!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:25 am

a few questions before I deem it worthy of my time Razz

is knuckles, or anyone other than Sonic and Tails playable?

is there any multiplayer?

where can I listen to the soundtrack?

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:33 am

Nope, nope and I think that nowhere besides the game itself Razz

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Sonic & Tails are playable, each have their own spritesheet and are not ripped from classic Sonic games which is a plus.

You can give the soundtrack a spin there
http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=27561&view=findpost&p=741031

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks guys. For now I'm just gonna check out the OST...

which is BLOWING MY MIND RIGHT NOW!!! Holy crap this is amazing!!

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:44 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Sonic & Tails are playable, each have their own spritesheet and are not ripped from classic Sonic games which is a plus.

That might be an issue since Sonic Retro considers everything created after the year 1994 to be absolute crap. Razz
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Well get ready to be surprised, there are whiners even though this is one of the best Sonic fangames ever produced and that those are not getting cancelled.
Some people really have no idea about their luck...:\

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:16 pm

hi.

i just discover that sonic 3 complete have one customization web where you can even select have the sonic and tails sprites from sonic 1 and sonic 2 games.
(i already knowed the site, but dont notice that option before)

http://www.tiddles.org/s3c/customiser/

is interesting... Smile

sonic 3 complete -with sonic 1 sprites

sonic 3 complete -with sonic 2 sprites

i been looking too for an old "sonic 3 beta hoax" hack, wheres the game have the sonic 2 sprites for sonic and tails, and one REAL AND UNUSED INTRO, of sonic reaching angel island with an snowboard table.

saddly i coming TOO LATE!... Crying or Very sad and i cannot get that old hack, because the old website "ssrg" wheres the download is located now dont works. i search it by google in many places, and the new ssrg site, but i find nothing of nothing.

is simply impossible to be find... Razz Sad

a pity, cause as iam a big sonic fan. so i would love have it.
even if only have those 2 rare details (snowboard intro +sonic 2 sprites).

back to s3complete. the hack is fantastic. i only miss that they could include to the game a new character, apart of do those all cool changes. could be fantastic can play with else rare char. like mechasonic, robotnick o else other imaginative char...

greetings Wink

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:38 pm

other 2 hacks...

1st)
i see one video of the new "sonic 2 sonic 3 edition" hack. it will be version 3, but now i cant find the damn video... sorry Razz
anyway, it have now savegame feature like on sonic 3. and now sonic 2 game even starts with one intro like on s3!. Smile

in this intro, sonic is flying around the green hill island before landing. then he landing and appears robotnick, so he starts to follow him and you starts to play. is very cool. Smile 

2nd)
now a s3&k hack that finally features new pairs, as knuckles and sonic. is on the way too. so not was released yet...
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=16507.0

more info on the youtube channel of the creator.

greetings Wink

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Sonic got announced for the new Smash Bros, his model's looking good, unless you ask certain members of fandom:

Sonic Games, Hacks, & Fangames Discussion Thread - Page 2 Zuqu
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:09 pm

playing sonic with zoom mode... really curious! Shocked 

ps:
----
i noticed that mcdonals now have as gift with the happy meals a collection of mario toys. they cant move, but are cute anyway. i lost the oportunity to buy that one of mario with the brick wall and the coin, but i have one luigi Rolling Eyes Razz 
could they release too soon, sonic toys as well...?

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:16 am

iam now finishing those damns "sonic 3 & knuckles harder bosses hack" by blad that i started long time ago... Razz

along sonic 3 & knuckles master edition, these are the most HARDER! hacks that i never play... Razz
but hells, i sucedeed! king 

even the bonus emeralds are harder... think that one bonus even suffer big slowdowns due to all those spheres and things on it. Razz

i dont like to challenge myselft on harder things, but sometimes... Razz Laughing 

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:46 pm

Derp

JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:21 pm

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Spoiler video for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWFTWRa9T0g

Gotta admit this is very awesome and Taxman and Stealth are awesome developers anyway.
I heard the Special Stages looked fantastic in that recreation.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Any chance of a Rom being dumped so I can play it for free as usual?  Very Happy 

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:11 pm

ha, not gonna happen Razz

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:55 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Spoiler video for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWFTWRa9T0g

Gotta admit this is very awesome and Taxman and Stealth are awesome developers anyway.
I heard the Special Stages looked fantastic in that recreation.

Why 2p music for Hidden Palace? Why they didn't use:

JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:01 pm

That's indeed an issue that has been brought up a lot about.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:34 am

Because it's rubbish compared to the rest of the OST.
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next