SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What games are you playing at the moment?

+28
pcgamer1`555
bazzza
Xillatem
Shiva
Lithium Flower
KFCutman
Groovemaster303
bareknuckleroo
klares
Jericho_mpm
BigDarsh
Xenovant
iceweb38
Mr.Din
cabo-hicks
The Four Seven
the_master1124
Stevo
William Assunção
Rapha.7
RuffNTumble
Saven
badjab326
Emthree
Benny26
Don Vecta
Charco
32 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 3 Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  badjab326 Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:02 am

Charco wrote:
badjab326 wrote:I actually just grabbed Uncharted 3: Free to Play from PSN. Something to tide me over while I wait for Uncharted trilogy lol. Honestly though I think the MP is one of the best I've played.

I haven't played the co-op on it yet, can be played locally too I think.
Yeah I tried out the co-op when the Beta was out, it was pretty good and iirc it did have split-screen. Unfortunately the Free to Play version charges for both co-op and splitscreen options lol.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 3 Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Charco Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:14 am

My buddy called over last night for a few beers and to test drive my new couch for a gaming session. We played some great stuff. First up:

Samurai Shodown VI
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 3 Ss5_screen

This is the first game in the Samurai Shodown mainline series to be released on hardware other than the Neo Geo (Atomiswave board). The game features new backgrounds with 2D and 3D elements, as well as a returning cast of all 28 characters from Samurai Shodown V Special, 2 sub-bosses from Samurai Shodown V, as well as all 7 characters from Samurai Shodown and Samurai Shodown II that didn't appear in later games, and 4 new characters. It also features a "spirit select" system, which allows players to choose between six different fighting styles based on all previous installments. The game is beautiful to look at, has some great music and just a ton of fun to play with the huge character roster.

Metal Slug 6
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 3 Metal-slug-6-screenshot-from-metal-slug-anthology

Again, the first game in the mainline arcade series of Metal Slug to be released on the Atomiswave hardware, this is what you would come to expect from a Metal Slug game. An improvement over 4 and 5 with lovely detailed backgrounds and the addition of Ralf and Clark from Ikari Warriors/King of Fighters as playable characters. SO MUCH FUN.

Mario Kart 64
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 3 Mario%20Kart%2064%20%28U%29

Had great fun with this one, the AI is ridiculously unfair compared to the original, but still, it's Mario Kart.

Ghost Squad
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 3 0399c

A cool lightgun game made by SEGA AM2 very similar to Time Crisis et al. This type of game is fantastic on Wii with co op.

And finally...

The Punisher
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 3 Punisher+02

A great beat 'em up on the CPS1, lots of variety with weapons, lovely stages, good mucic and fun gameplay. Recognised plenty of graphics from SorR V4, B must have liked this one Wink

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:32 pm

i absolute love the metal slug games saga, as much as the streets of rage saga. Wink

by the way, dont miss the metal slug 1.5 fangame, is very good.
apart, now are 2 fangames more in development: metal slug 2.5 and metal slug five elite. their develpment post are on the "metal slug base militar" fansite (info in spanish).

well im now playing gta vice city, with the back to the future mod. a luck it still works over windows 7. also i was playing "breakthru", one very older data east mame game from my chilhood that bring me back memories, "the outfoxies" (other very good mame game that eveyone must know), "sly spy" the 007 mameui32 game, ...and of course usually some streets of rage hacks and sonic 3 & knuckles hacks at the same time hehe... Smile

greetings
cabo-hicks
cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Sly Spy and The Outfoxies are both great fun, Data East made some great arcade games in the late '80s/early '90s. Are those Metal Slug games for Neo Geo emulators or Windows?

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Charco wrote:Sly Spy and The Outfoxies are both great fun, Data East made some great arcade games in the late '80s/early '90s. Are those Metal Slug games for Neo Geo emulators or Windows?

It is a fan game made using yoyo game game maker but it is one of the best made games using that engine.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Cool, might try that. Speaking of Metal Slug, ever heard of a game called Demon Front? It'a MS ripoff made by IGS. Youube it, looks cool.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:53 am

Charco wrote:Cool, might try that. Speaking of Metal Slug, ever heard of a game called Demon Front? It'a MS ripoff made by IGS. Youube it, looks cool.

I have to be honest I never even seen a rom for it either for mame or any of the subsidiaries of mame and looked on best rom hosting sites as well yeah it does look a cool game too.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:50 pm

yeah both metal slug 1.5, mslug 2.5 y mslug five elite are game maker. but pretty well done.

the mexican guy responsible of the ms1.5 and the ms2.5 demo, makes a good work.

also, there exist too a demo for metal slug five elite, however is a way too hard. is the airplane boss with enhanced stages details. (in fact that mslug 5 five elite is metal slug 5 with the bosses that the game have deleted but still are their sprites inside the rom).

another very good data east game, at the most pure style of the capcom games, is night slashers, a "punisher" game but with zombies.

even theres exist a openbor remake very good (night slahers x), but that needs that you edit it and add to it cheats (99 credits etc), cause it have only 4 credits and 2 lives for credit. making end the game too much hard for else person and ruining you the fun. Razz

my recomendation for donwload latest mameui32 emulator, plus bios and roms, is planetemu.net. at begin the style of the menus can be a little rare, but after you learn how the website works, you can find there all that you want. even you can donwload the game screenshot and put it to the snaps folder for directly have boh the games roms and theirs screenshots too. Wink

greetings Wink

i usually play outfoxies and hook. the first is from namco, the second from irem. and both are pretty good games. Very Happy
cabo-hicks
cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Yep I have MAMEUI32 with the screenshot pack and history.dat file for information on each game, it's the business.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:35 pm

ooh, talking about mame.. i forgot to say: i was recently playing mame32 double dragon 1 and 2 playing as abobo and the rest of enemies... hehe. Wink

i already make the release of that codes and their complete instructions in gshi and the mame cheats forum for those who likes it.
you can see the links in the spanish post that i make. in here:
https://sorr.forumotion.net/t140-cheats-para-el-mame32-y-algunos-juegos-de-genesis-megadrive-etc

...and heres the proof Wink:

dd1 select char cheats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7jXUepoBhU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgyGmbLCP-w

dd2 select char cheats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es4YEnqG-0E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdkXt2ul7iw

how is? well play with the enemies is very fun. however they only have some of their attacks. but some few as abore in double dragon 2 are really strong and can send others directly to the ground with a single punch (just like that enemies usually do).
cabo-hicks
cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Is there a 64 bit version of MAMEUI because the 32 bit version is running way to fast on my rig also now have discovered a awesome shoot em by Namco called dragon sprit and another one by Irem called dragons breed wonderful games thank god for mame. Very Happy
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:56 pm

V5, playing a few mods SoR2, HUNTER, Rushing Beat Remake, SWAT.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 am

Batman: Arkham City is easily one of, if not the best game of this generation. Definitely up there in the best games of all time.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:56 pm

There's this lil gem I got addicted to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSjzzzUP394

It was a free downloadable on the PSN

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:26 pm

badjab326 wrote:Batman: Arkham City is easily one of, if not the best game of this generation. Definitely up there in the best games of all time.

Right ok Rolling Eyes I could think of many reasons why it is a bad game but I am going to hold my tounge.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:01 pm

badjab326 wrote:Batman: Arkham City is easily one of, if not the best game of this generation. Definitely up there in the best games of all time.

I really must give it a go. Haven't purchased a single game recently.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:57 pm

@DV if you haven't already be sure to pick up Arkham Asylum too, not nearly as epic as Arkham City, but it leads up quite nicely and it really feels like an upgrade going from the first game to the next, plus you can play as the Joker Razz. Also definitely get the far superior GotY editions.

bazzza wrote:

Right ok Rolling Eyes I could think of many reasons why it is a bad game but I am going to hold my tounge.

Arkham City Review scores
1UP.com A
Electronic Gaming Monthly 10/10
Eurogamer 9/10
Game Informer 10/10
GamePro 5/5 stars
GameSpot 9/10
IGN 9.5/10
Official PlayStation Magazine (UK) 10/10
Official Xbox Magazine 10/10
X-Play 5/5 stars
Joystiq 4.5/5 stars

Batman: Arkham City won multiple awards at the 2011 Spike Video Game Awards including: Character of the Year (Joker), Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Action Adventure Game, and Best Adapted Video Game; and received nominations for: Best Original Score, Best Graphics, Best Performance by a Human Female (Tara Strong), Best Performance by a Human Male (Mark Hamill), Trailer of the Year (Hugo Strange Reveal Trailer), Studio of the Year (Rocksteady), and Game of the Year.[176][177] As part of the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) 2011 awards, the game was named Adventure Game of the Year,[178] and received nominations for: Outstanding Achievement in Animation; Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction; Outstanding Achievement in Game Play Engineering; Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction; and Game of the Year.[179][180] The 2012 British Academy of Film and Television (BAFTA) awards saw the game win two awards for Performer (Mark Hamill) and Action game,[181] and receive nominations for: Artistic Achievement; Audio Achievement; Best Game; Design; Original Music; Story; and the publicly voted GAME Award of 2011.[182] Paul Crocker, Paul Dini, and Sefton Hill were nominated for the Video Game Writing award by the Writers Guild of America,[183][184] and Crocker won the Best Videogame Script award from the Writers' Guild of Great Britain.[185]

The Daily Telegraph awarded the game Best Original Score (Nick Arundel) and Game of the Year, with a statement that said: "as a video game, it's a magnificent piece of work, but it also shines as a unique, lovingly-crafted slice of Batman fiction."[186] The newspaper also nominated the game for: Best Director (Sefton Hill); Best Acting Performance (Mark Hamill and Nolan North); and Best Developer (Rocksteady Studios).[186] The game was nominated for Game of the Year and Best Game Design at the Game Developers Choice Awards,[167] and Game Audio Network Guild award's for Music of the Year, Best Soundtrack Album, Best Audio Mix, and Best Original Vocal – Choral for the track "Main Theme".[187] The game was named the Best Action/Adventure Game and Best Overall Game of 2011 as part of the 2011 Yahoo! Games Game of the Year awards.[188][189] Batman: Arkham City received several honors from GameTrailers.com, including Best Xbox 360 Game of the Year, Best PC Game of 2011, as well as Best Action/Adventure game.[190] It also won the Best Action-Adventure Game award at the 2012 Golden Joystick Awards, and was nominated for Top Gaming Moment for the game's ending, Best DLC for "Harley Quinn's Revenge", and the overall Ultimate Game of the Year.[191][192] It was nominated for Game of the Decade at the 2012 Spike Video Game Awards.[193]

According to Metacritic, the PlayStation 3 version of the game was the highest-rated game of 2011, and over all formats the game was tied with the role-playing game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as the highest-rated game of 2011.[194] This also tied Arkham City for the sixth-highest-rated game ever.[195]

Batman: Arkham City appeared on several lists of the top video games of 2011, including being placed: number 1 by E! Online,[196][197] and CNET;[198] number 2 by Gamasutra;[199] number 3 by Digital Spy,[200] Joystiq,[201] VentureBeat,[202] and Wired;[203] number 5 by the Associated Press,[204] and Time;[205] and number 10 by the Daily Mirror.[206]

GameSpot labeled it the Best Action/Adventure Game as part of its Best of 2011 series,[207] Game Informer named it their Best Action/Adventure game of 2011 in their February 2012 issue, and highlighted specific points of the game including placing Batman number 1 on their list of the Top Ten Heroes, and the Mr. Freeze boss fight number 4 on their list of Top Ten Video Games Moments.[208] Playstation Official Magazine UK placed Batman: Arkham City as their number 2 Game Of the Year.[209] IGN labeled it the Best PC Action Game of 2011.[210] 1UP.com placed the games main theme song as number 6 on its "Top 10 Theme Songs of 2011".[211] In November 2012, Time named it one of the 100 greatest video games of all time and said, "It's hard to imagine a better superhero game than Batman: Arkham City. It's also hard to imagine a better video game in general."[212] Also in November, Entertainment Weekly named it one of the ten best games of the past decade (2002–2012) and said, "this is the definitive superhero adventure of the decade."[213][214]

Please, tell me why you have such bad taste in modern gaming. Smile

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:58 pm

bazzza wrote:

Sir, many a game you have judged I have not played or not really into but dagnabbit you're just jumping into traffic with this comment. Evil or Very Mad Thumbs down

I was playing Anarchy Reigns for a bit but now my 360 has transformed itself into a digital only console... It won't play my game discs. Sneaky

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:21 pm

hehe bubble bobble?
yeah a true classic... Wink

i make a cheat pro action replay code for can finally access to all the levels in the sega master system version. and can end the game (level 200 fina boss).

the code in fact give you those damn secret items for the 2 players that you need but that you cant take (i never discover of the heck they can be finded, so i search those pàr codes for it).

these codes i make are on gshi. (look in the thread i put in my older message for get the link to that thread). anyway, i think it are on the gshi cheat database too.
cabo-hicks
cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:30 pm

badjab326 wrote:@DV if you haven't already be sure to pick up Arkham Asylum too, not nearly as epic as Arkham City, but it leads up quite nicely and it really feels like an upgrade going from the first game to the next, plus you can play as the Joker Razz. Also definitely get the far superior GotY editions.

bazzza wrote:

1UP.com A
Eurogamer 9/10
Game Informer 10/10
GamePro 5/5 stars
GameSpot 9/10
IGN 9.5/10
X-Play 5/5 stars
Joystiq 4.5/5 stars

Batman: Arkham City won multiple awards at the 2011 Spike Video Game Awards including: Character of the Year (Joker), Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Action Adventure Game, and Best Adapted Video Game; and received nominations for: Best Original Score, Best Graphics, Best Performance by a Human Female (Tara Strong), Best Performance by a Human Male (Mark Hamill), Trailer of the Year (Hugo Strange Reveal Trailer), Studio of the Year (Rocksteady), and Game of the Year.[176][177] As part of the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) 2011 awards, the game was named Adventure Game of the Year,[178] and received nominations for: Outstanding Achievement in Animation; Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction; Outstanding Achievement in Game Play Engineering; Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction; and Game of the Year.[179][180] The 2012 British Academy of Film and Television (BAFTA) awards saw the game win two awards for Performer (Mark Hamill) and Action game,[181] and receive nominations for: Artistic Achievement; Audio Achievement; Best Game; Design; Original Music; Story; and the publicly voted GAME Award of 2011.[182] Paul Crocker, Paul Dini, and Sefton Hill were nominated for the Video Game Writing award by the Writers Guild of America,[183][184] and Crocker won the Best Videogame Script award from the Writers' Guild of Great Britain.[185]

The Daily Telegraph awarded the game Best Original Score (Nick Arundel) and Game of the Year, with a statement that said: "as a video game, it's a magnificent piece of work, but it also shines as a unique, lovingly-crafted slice of Batman fiction."[186] The newspaper also nominated the game for: Best Director (Sefton Hill); Best Acting Performance (Mark Hamill and Nolan North); and Best Developer (Rocksteady Studios).[186] The game was nominated for Game of the Year and Best Game Design at the Game Developers Choice Awards,[167] and Game Audio Network Guild award's for Music of the Year, Best Soundtrack Album, Best Audio Mix, and Best Original Vocal – Choral for the track "Main Theme".[187] The game was named the Best Action/Adventure Game and Best Overall Game of 2011 as part of the 2011 Yahoo! Games Game of the Year awards.[188][189] Batman: Arkham City received several honors from GameTrailers.com, including Best Xbox 360 Game of the Year, Best PC Game of 2011, as well as Best Action/Adventure game.[190] It also won the Best Action-Adventure Game award at the 2012 Golden Joystick Awards, and was nominated for Top Gaming Moment for the game's ending, Best DLC for "Harley Quinn's Revenge", and the overall Ultimate Game of the Year.[191][192] It was nominated for Game of the Decade at the 2012 Spike Video Game Awards.[193]

According to Metacritic, the PlayStation 3 version of the game was the highest-rated game of 2011, and over all formats the game was tied with the role-playing game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as the highest-rated game of 2011.[194] This also tied Arkham City for the sixth-highest-rated game ever.[195]

Batman: Arkham City appeared on several lists of the top video games of 2011, including being placed: number 1 by E! Online,[196][197] and CNET;[198] number 2 by Gamasutra;[199] number 3 by Digital Spy,[200] Joystiq,[201] VentureBeat,[202] and Wired;[203] number 5 by the Associated Press,[204] and Time;[205] and number 10 by the Daily Mirror.[206]

GameSpot labeled it the Best Action/Adventure Game as part of its Best of 2011 series,[207] Game Informer named it their Best Action/Adventure game of 2011 in their February 2012 issue, and highlighted specific points of the game including placing Batman number 1 on their list of the Top Ten Heroes, and the Mr. Freeze boss fight number 4 on their list of Top Ten Video Games Moments.[208] Playstation Official Magazine UK placed Batman: Arkham City as their number 2 Game Of the Year.[209] IGN labeled it the Best PC Action Game of 2011.[210] 1UP.com placed the games main theme song as number 6 on its "Top 10 Theme Songs of 2011".[211] In November 2012, Time named it one of the 100 greatest video games of all time and said, "It's hard to imagine a better superhero game than Batman: Arkham City. It's also hard to imagine a better video game in general."[212] Also in November, Entertainment Weekly named it one of the ten best games of the past decade (2002–2012) and said, "this is the definitive superhero adventure of the decade."[213][214]

I DO have Asylum, of course. Played it sooo many times. Gorgeous game. That's why I want City.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:55 pm

badjab326 wrote:@DV if you haven't already be sure to pick up Arkham Asylum too, not nearly as epic as Arkham City, but it leads up quite nicely and it really feels like an upgrade going from the first game to the next, plus you can play as the Joker Razz. Also definitely get the far superior GotY editions.

bazzza wrote:

1UP.com A
Eurogamer 9/10
Game Informer 10/10
GamePro 5/5 stars
GameSpot 9/10
IGN 9.5/10
X-Play 5/5 stars
Joystiq 4.5/5 stars

Just because a game got good reviews does not mean to say it is any good and I would go as far to say that both arkham city and asylum are the two most overrated games in history period. The control system was far too complicated and broken. The story was boring dull and had no substance. Bad voice acting dull gameplay the graphics were not that good even on the pc on full settings witch I played it on. Story trite but then again most comic book story's are, there were many games in that year that deserved game of the year. FF 13-2, skyrim, cathrine, were deserving of game of the year not batman ff13-2 in particular should of been.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 pm

Wait a minute, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but BAD VOICE ACTING?! You have GOT TO BE KIDDING.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Charco wrote:Wait a minute, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but BAD VOICE ACTING?! You have GOT TO BE KIDDING.

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 3 Wayfarerexploitable

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:41 pm

I'll admit I haven't played Arkham City yet. But from what I've played of Arkham Asylum it was a very wonderful game. And to hear that AC improved upon it greatly is always great news.

But bad voice acting for both games? Batman: TAS crew doing bad voice acting? Lolno.

bazzza wrote: FF 13-2, skyrim, cathrine, were deserving of game of the year not batman ff13-2 in particular should of been.

LMFAO
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:50 pm

bazzza wrote:
Just because a game got good reviews does not mean to say it is any good and I would go as far to say that both arkham city and asylum are the two most overrated games in history period. The control system was far too complicated and broken. The story was boring dull and had no substance. Bad voice acting dull gameplay the graphics were not that good even on the pc on full settings witch I played it on. Story trite but then again most comic book story's are, there were many games in that year that deserved game of the year. FF 13-2, skyrim, cathrine, were deserving of game of the year not batman ff13-2 in particular should of been.
So you must hate Batman in general, because 1. That story was better than pretty much any of the movies. 2. Those VA's are considered among (if not) the best in the business, and are mostly reprising their role from the critically acclaimed Batman Animated Series. 3. There has not been a better, or more accurate comic book game to date.

I had no problems with the control system, but I played on PS3 with a controller, idk how PC is but I hear it's great and has awesome mods.

Honestly the only real complaint I had with the game was that I couldn't have a buddy jump in at some points as Robin or Nightwing and help me take down a few bad guys. But even that is a minor complaint considering how much I love this game.

I'm sure the fact that 90% of gamers disagree won't do anything for you, but please take it into consideration before you outright call something a "bad game"

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next