SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0

+31
CrackSmokingWarlock
AnderGus
SORDave
bob211
Don Vecta
mariocanales
jlenoconel
lesserdemon
vince
WillyTheSquid
Security
celestinx
Pantha35
BigDarsh
Saven
Malvorne
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Garcia75
thenomad
axbattler
Pleiades7
DarkThief
iceweb38
Laucorn
graylandertagger
bazzza
Charco
TheWolfe
Mr.Din
35 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 - Page 4 Empty Re: H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0

Post  Don Vecta Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:45 am

DarkThief wrote:Found a hole in this...it's possible to fall through the floor if you get close to the human barricade (stage 7-5), at least from behind it.

Okay, now that's strange. Anyways, I plan to rework on the barricade since the new properties are kinda different.

Thanks to point it out.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 - Page 4 Empty Re: H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0

Post  Saven Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:45 pm

DarkThief wrote:Found a hole in this...it's possible to fall through the floor if you get close to the human barricade (stage 7-5), at least from behind it.

Well that would definitely be a hole.

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 - Page 4 Giphy
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:53 pm

Saven wrote:

Well that would definitely be a hole.

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 - Page 4 Giphy

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 - Page 4 Shocked_meme1
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 - Page 4 1512554_original

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:26 am

Another link to this game via dropbox.
H.U.N.T.E.R MotY v10
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6pj9z9ps5pcob3/H.U.N.T.E.R%20MotYv.10.zip?dl=0
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:37 am

Today, this mod is officially 4 years since its release. Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:06 pm

I downloaded the latest version since I wanted to give Cold Quest for Peace another shot, but when I download it the palletes seem to be missing for some reason.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:39 pm

To celebrate the new year of the monkey, did a run of the Lan Dao mission to be in the festive mood from China.

Happy new year, 新年快乐 Gong hei fat choi! 

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Well, thanks for the upload, but for some reason I can't find the palletes in the download anymore. They seem to be missing.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:56 pm

A great challenge! Playing it on Normal, reminded me of Sor Remake base game's Mania difficulty! Hard action and satisfying battle! One of the better mods i have tried and i still haven't beaten it entirely!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Security wrote:A great challenge! Playing it on Normal, reminded me of Sor Remake base game's Mania difficulty! Hard action and satisfying battle! One of the better mods i have tried and i still haven't beaten it entirely!

I'm really glad you're enjoying the challenge.

Well, HUNTER was my first baby and was my subject with tons of experiments through all these years with the usage of the SORmaker features, my balance in those days was quite awful, but with the practice and experience i've got, I think my difficulty balanced has improved a lot in my latest mods.

So, hopefully, my next mods will be friendlier to all difficulties. Razz Thank you for playing!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:47 am

At last i got to beat it through and through, only exception the subway to the far right of the DLC hub (insta-death game over cut my legs). I have some questions though:

First mission, the easy one, Rau Paul (the millionaire rumored to be behind the territorial gang violence), always escapes confrontation by default, or you can get at him by picking other route?

Hmmm, just what is the dirty little secret between Ash and Abadede...? Hm?

The custom sound effects are from Golden Axe (my most beloved game ever), as well as other ones. The rest are custom made, or used from another game? If yes, from where?

And finally, how so a single death brings game over, in the last mission??

The difficulty though was very nice, no reason to balance it or water down! Razor sharp action even on normal was very satisfying, i really enjoyed it! Being on the tip of your toes all the time and having to react quick, was a great adrenaline rushing experience! First time on normal difficulty that i was forced to spend a continue, too!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Security wrote:
First mission, the easy one, Rau Paul (the millionaire rumored to be behind the territorial gang violence), always escapes confrontation by default, or you can get at him by picking other route?

You DEFINITELY should try the other route. The outcome is completely different.

Security wrote:Hmmm, just what is the dirty little secret between Ash and Abadede...? Hm?

That wasn't Abadede, that was Sex Machine, a completely different guy... well, almost different. Wink

Security wrote:The custom sound effects are from Golden Axe (my most beloved game ever), as well as other ones. The rest are custom made, or used from another game? If yes, from where?

Final Fight, GA2, GA1, is a mix 'n'match. Actually, that sound pack is kinda outdated. I'd do a new data pack with custom items, consumables and whatnot but... nah, I really don't feel like doing another update on HUNTER, I'd rather move into part 2 instead.

Security wrote:And finally, how so a single death brings game over, in the last mission??

Not sure I follow. Which mission are you talking about?

Security wrote:The difficulty though was very nice, no reason to balance it or water down! Razor sharp action even on normal was very satisfying, i really enjoyed it! Being on the tip of your toes all the time and having to react quick, was a great adrenaline rushing experience! First time on normal difficulty that i was forced to spend a continue, too!

I'm really glad you enjoy it. This mod is meant to be replayed several because most missions have different endings according to the choices made. The more you get the endings, the more you'll learn about the HUNTER universe's lore and how it starts to dwell into a deeper plot.

Thank you for playing.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Thanks for the reply! I will try other routes too, then!

About the game over, i was playing the mission, down to underground, from the DLC hub, the DLC series 1.

Edit: I finally beat it, i had to beat everyone up before countdown ends. Max is always the best remedy for such problems, he he... The fake university students, it was quite fun!

Last edited by Security on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:05 pm

Security wrote:Thanks for the reply! I will try other routes too, then!

About the game over, i was playing the mission, down to underground, from the DLC hub, the DLC series 1. I ended up taking the metro, then struggling on top of moving vehicles and later, in a place i don't remember well, there was a countdown; i failed to beat an enemy within limit and "Game Over" screen came! I will retry that, too!
Ah Subway Mayhem.

Well, yeah... boarding the train is "forgivable", not disarming the bombs on time they're not. That's precisely the thrill of this mission. Try harder, or get a high damage character. Good luck.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:41 pm

Or delete the savegame file inside the Hunter mod folder, since it's making you play Mania no matter what difficulty you chose. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyTheSquid Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:28 am

So, there seems to be an issue with getting stuck in the metro seats when grabbing an enemy. Happened to me twice in a single playthrough. Got freed by another enemy both times though.
There's also some other minor bugs that I don't remember from pre-5.1 days but it might just be my hazy memory.

I never actually played the Cold Quest for Peace DLC before, have to say that was HARD. Actually got to use the chopper police special indoors in one of the "Save Jeremy" levels (the mall one).

Today I went through every path in the main mod and mapped it out so I didn't miss anything. After playing Adam's Story and HUNTER 2.0, I will say that I am getting tired of the constant in-fight cutscenes. Yeah, cutscenes are now skippable but you have to wait until your character can move, then stand still while enemies rush you as you hit the X button twice to kill the dialog. And then you walk a few steps and yup, more talk.

I would very much appreciate it if modmakers could just give me the option to play a dialogue-light version of their mods. It's fine for the first couple playthroughs but after I am familiar with the branching level paths and storyline, I can do without all the chatter overlaid on the screen blocking my view.

Now I know it could probably just be removed by me using SORmaker, but that does not run on Linux AFAIK.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:21 pm

Push X twice (the button for star-moves).
Dialogue gone.

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyTheSquid Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:17 pm

CajNatalie wrote:Push X twice (the button for star-moves).
Dialogue gone.

WillyTheSquid wrote:Yeah, cutscenes are now skippable but you have to wait until your character can move, then stand still while enemies rush you as you hit the X button twice to kill the dialog. And then you walk a few steps and yup, more talk.

study

As is evident by my previous post, I know that the dialogue can be skipped. That was not my point exactly.

Just fired up and finished HUNTER Nightsweeper twice today... so that's pretty much the Full Trilogy of Fanon-mods I went through in the past couple days (Adam's Story, HUNTER & Nightsweeper).

I realize that my remarks about the dialogue can come off as nitpicking, and I guess in some sense they are. I tend to re-play the really good mods quite a bit and that's when the storyline aspects become secondary to the gameplay -- because after a while of replaying the same levelset, I already know what the narrative is and I don't need the hints anymore. But I will want to keep replaying the mod for all of its other good aspects: enemy placement, inventive level design, beautiful backgrounds, novelty, challenging difficulty, great music, different routes to take, etc, etc. Having to "close a popup window" again and again to get back into the action takes me out of the rhythm of the game.

Well, to each their own.

I for one look forward to the next batch of projects brewing in the community. bounce

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:38 am

Oh damn, sorry, I must've looked here while tired or drunk. I'm usually the one berating others for not paying attention.
Oops. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:55 am

Well, I think you gotta get to skip the dialogues by youself... (or remove them from the folder yourself) because I don't plan to do any change about that any time soon. The game is story wise intense and removing that is removing what makes the game as it is.

Besides, I don't think I'd be doing any other further patch anymore, basically, this is the final version of H.U.N.T.E.R. and for my initial mod I think it's okayish to be considered final. There's lot more projects I'm still yet to finish.

Please, don't take this in the wrong way, of course, my intention wasn't offensive, just straightforward as it is. Thanks for playing again this old mod. Smile

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyTheSquid Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:06 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Well, I think you gotta get to skip the dialogues by youself... (or remove them from the folder yourself) because I don't plan to do any change about that any time soon. The game is story wise intense and removing that is removing what makes the game as it is.

Besides, I don't think I'd be doing any other further patch anymore, basically, this is the final version of H.U.N.T.E.R. and for my initial mod I think it's okayish to be considered final. There's lot more projects I'm still yet to finish.

Please, don't take this in the wrong way, of course, my intention wasn't offensive, just straightforward as it is. Thanks for playing again this old mod. Smile

So... I can remove the dialog txt files and not break anything?
Can I also remove some of the dialogue from inside the txt files and not bork the mod?

And I understand your point of view, I'm definitely not offended. Thanks for the tip on how to do my own solution!

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:18 pm

I think the same: there are too many dialogues. During the cutscene it is too long (and too bad there is no button in SORR to pass to the next line quickly), and during the levels, I have to chose between fight without reading or read and lose life.
I know the trick of renaming the script folder to avoid custscenes and dialogues (I use it for example to make disappear russian and other languages I don't understand), or just put the .txt files in a sub folder. But with H.U.N.T.E.R., a big part of the interest of the mod comes from the story, so I can't do that. So I often doubleX during the fights and I am patient during the cutscenes. It is too bad cause it is the only default of the mod, but at the end that's a detail.

And yes, you can change everytinh you want in the text files, but I advice you to keep a copy of the original script folder in a corner.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Heh, the mod's in your computer, you can modify as much as you want (not that your modifications will affect all the copies of HUNTER worldwide, right? lol) Very Happy

Needless to say, I ain't responsible for whatever tweaking you do to the mod. Razz

I still just do X X and skip everything. Never been an issue for me.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:44 pm

I did the all game once again these last days, still a pleasure! I like the beautiful enemies palettes and the variety of the missions, and I especilly like the last DLC that uses customized objects and areas with rooms (and some secret rooms, so rare in SORR).
A question about the end with Mr. G: is it true, or that's just a dream because of the drug? Even if I can't imagine a fight on the wall of a building, except for Spiderman (the background comes from this one?).

vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:32 am

vince wrote:
A question about the end with Mr. G: is it true, or that's just a dream because of the drug? Even if I can't imagine a fight on the wall of a building, except for Spiderman (the background comes from this one?).

Everything that happened in that last scene in Vegas was a huge hallucination, but... strangely enough, a collective hallucination. How could that happen? Murphy said the gang was simply beating up mooks with a blank stare (hence in the ending you see the huge amount of bodies thrown all over the place). Was the collective hallucination one of the unique effects this drug had? What could be the true intent of its creation besides the supposed recreational purpose? Is there a way to control the hallucination by someone? All these questions could be answered in... Twisted Evil

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next