SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0

+31
CrackSmokingWarlock
AnderGus
SORDave
bob211
Don Vecta
mariocanales
jlenoconel
lesserdemon
vince
WillyTheSquid
Security
celestinx
Pantha35
BigDarsh
Saven
Malvorne
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Garcia75
thenomad
axbattler
Pleiades7
DarkThief
iceweb38
Laucorn
graylandertagger
bazzza
Charco
TheWolfe
Mr.Din
35 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 - Page 2 Empty Re: H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0

Post  axbattler Fri May 15, 2015 10:46 am

Thanks for the tip Darkthief, it work fine now and I can enjoy this great mod.
Thanks Don Vecta, you've done a great work.

axbattler
axbattler

Back to top Go down

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 - Page 2 Empty Re: H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0

Post  graylandertagger Sat May 16, 2015 1:35 am

Having a bit of trouble with Cold Quest for Peace. It seems that there are far too many enemies in the game that have multiple lifebars, and as a result I seem to be losing lives too quickly even on the easy setting despite that i'm used to playing on hard mode. Are you able to make an update that makes the game easier.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Sat May 16, 2015 5:45 pm

Yes, yes, new hunter mod! Thanks Don, my old fella!

One question, I heard there's a new Maker version??? Woah, that's great news! Anxious to see the usage of the new options available! This version was done by BomberLink? Or it's an update from some player that did a great job of reverse engineering? Anyways, what amazing news!
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Sun May 17, 2015 1:41 pm

thenomad wrote:One question, I heard there's a new Maker version??? Woah, that's great news! Anxious to see the usage of the new options available! This version was done by BomberLink? Or it's an update from some player that did a great job of reverse engineering? Anyways, what amazing news!
It's not really new since it was an update for SORR v5.1, made by Bomberlink himself a while ago.

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Wed May 20, 2015 12:35 am

graylandertagger wrote:Having a bit of trouble with Cold Quest for Peace.  It seems that there are far too many enemies in the game that have multiple lifebars, and as a result I seem to be losing lives too quickly even on the easy setting despite that i'm used to playing on hard mode.  Are you able to make an update that makes the game easier.

I'm having trouble playing through Cold Quest for Peace. The game is just way to hard to play(even on easy mode) though since they enemies just constantly gang up on me. Could you make a patch that make the game easier?
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Wed May 20, 2015 4:04 am

Don, once again you've outdone yourself.  I've been waiting for this for awhile now, and I have to say it was worth it.  The enemy palettes are just gorgeous, the "new" stages you used to replace a lot of the Sailor Moon stages.... most of the time I can't tell what parts are from which game and which areas were custom made.  Cold Quest surprised me with the storyline.  While I can understand why some players think the story isn't as good, I disagree.  What we're looking at here is a good old fashioned set up, guys.  It was supposed to seem like a boring, normal mission - until you meet the lawyer (Holy shit, that guy!  The riot police thing is BRILLIANT!!)  Then as you proceed through the path where you protect White, it becomes more and more apparent that HUNTER is in a no win situation.  Even if they win, they're now on film beating up well meaning civilians, actual cops and FBI agents who were tricked into thinking HUNTER were the kidnappers, ect.  The whole damn thing is a nice little trap - the kind of attack a group of hard core fighters just isn't used to handling.  I thought it was extremely well done.  Also, consider the fact that we've now been introduced to characters like Kara.  Expect to see more of her, I would imagine...

Enemy placement and combinations - you are just plain evil.  Abadede and a kickboxer?  That just made me grin and shake my head.  My wife wanted to know why I was muttering about getting my ass kicked Razz  In general there were a lot of combinations I haven't seen before that worked very well.

A lot of people are saying that Cold Case is too hard.  I will say that I always play on Mania, I rarely have to use a continue, and Cold Case is the first mod ever to make me use two.  That being said.... Step Your Game Up, people! Razz  Cold Case's storyline reflects the fact that it SHOULD be freaking hard.  HUNTER is now taking on what is essentially a Colombian drug cartel.  Tons of money.  Access to military grade weapons and mercs.  Political connections in all the shadowy little corners of the system.  No morals.  Absolutely ruthless.  The Syndicate was just a local outfit in Wood Oak city.  Los Equis is not, they're the big leagues.  More money, more soldiers, better training, ect.  Besides, nowhere in Cold Case are there any of The Most Annoying Enemy Ever, the jetpack guys.

Minor issues:  I haven't played through all the paths of the first three missions yet, but the truck scene in Cold Case where you're shooting at the thugs, every time I've played through I've had one of the suicidally stupid hakus do their flying kick and get stuck on something.  So far I've been able to use Shiva's special to knock them out of it, but I'm waiting for them to get stuck in a way that I can't hit them and have to reset.  Also on that stage, maybe it's just my playstyle or something, but I seem to always pick up another uzi when I'm trying to shoot the one I'm holding Razz

Second issue:  I'm not sure what you changed, but regardless of what mission I choose, when I beat it, the scene with the credits never scrolls.  I have to pause and select quit.

Overall, I am THOROUGHLY impressed and enjoying the crap out of this mod.  Well done!!

EDIT: As a big GTA fan, I'm loving all the easter eggs Wink
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed May 20, 2015 6:41 am

Wow, that was a nice feedback. Thank you. Smile

Glad you caught up with the story, yeah, the team is now facing a bigger, more powerful enemy than the syndicate: Los Equis, an Aztlanese (Aztlan being an equivalent of Mexico) cartel drug, whichhe is a parody of Los Zetas, one of the most powerful, violent and dangerous drug cartels in the world (infamous for being former Mexican soldiers who betrayed our country and have powerful training, weaponry and technology.... assholes!).

Yeah, will check each and every issue listed here. Please make sure you all are using v5.1, otherwise, many features won't be played properly. I'll let pass some more weeks before releasing a new patch. I want to gather as much feedback as possible and release the few patches possible, too.

Glad you caught the GTA easter eggs, hehe. Thank you very much.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Wed May 20, 2015 10:01 am

How do I check to make sure I'm using 5.1?
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed May 20, 2015 10:13 am

Karma wrote:How do I check to make sure I'm using 5.1?

Go to windowed mode and the version number will be displayed on the top left of the window.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Thu May 21, 2015 1:06 pm

The cheats are disabled when i play this, like for the Survival mode :S that issue can be fixed through Sormaker testing
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Thu May 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Garcia75 wrote:The cheats are disabled when i play this, like for the Survival mode :S that issue can be fixed through Sormaker testing

No options can be hardcoded into a mod, it's caused by a savegame.sor file in the mod's folder before you started playing. (delete it and you get your settings back)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Thu May 21, 2015 2:13 pm

Aha! I thought first that there was a particular txt file interacting with the mod. Thanks for the answer!
So Don left his own savestate before he uploaded it
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu May 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Garcia75 wrote:Aha! I thought first that there was a particular txt file interacting with the mod. Thanks for the answer!

Of course! The idea is to play it hard (optionally)!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Thu May 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
Garcia75 wrote:Aha! I thought first that there was a particular txt file interacting with the mod. Thanks for the answer!

This topic says that the new version 2.0 is available, but I can't find it in any of the download links.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu May 21, 2015 5:37 pm

graylandertagger wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

This topic says that the new version 2.0 is available, but I can't find it in any of the download links.

The links are 2.0 game of the year so if you downloaded any of the links it is 2.0 game of the year.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu May 21, 2015 6:15 pm

Don Vecta wrote:

I better restore that savestate then lol. Can you give a run down of the rules you put in place? My only gripe was that it effected how I was able to use weapons given I have it set to SoR3 in my settings.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri May 22, 2015 3:46 am

Mr.Din wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

I better restore that savestate then lol. Can you give a run down of the rules you put in place? My only gripe was that it effected how I was able to use weapons given I have it set to SoR3 in my settings.

Nothing strict. By default is on Mania, but you can tone that down.

Definitely weapons are needed, some areas need to be cleared by using weapons (the turnpike).

In the reality, the savestate is just a template, but in reality, you guys can play as you guys feel more comfortable with.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri May 22, 2015 6:45 am

Don Vecta wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

Nothing strict. By default is on Mania, but you can tone that down.

Definitely weapons are needed, some areas need to be cleared by using weapons (the turnpike).

In the reality, the savestate is just a template, but in reality, you guys can play as you guys feel more comfortable with.
I am intrigued however by the fact that you can very well set your own parameters for each mod. I think this could open some new doors for mods. I am enjoying the hell out of this mod though, Hoping to see more dlc maybe a visit to that place hinted at the end of cold paradise? Razz

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Fri May 22, 2015 7:37 pm

bazzza wrote:
graylandertagger wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

The links are 2.0 game of the year so if you downloaded any of the links it is 2.0 game of the year.
I redownloaded the mod, but I found that nothing's changed. I was expecting the missing portrait glitch to be fixed, but it's still there. Is the 2.0 version even available by any chance?
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat May 23, 2015 6:34 am

Okay, gotta put this clear:

This is HUNTER 2.0. The v1.0 was the very first release of the mod. Then v1.1 with DLC. That's it. I'll not release a 2.1 after a month or so when I get enough feedback to release a patch.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Sun May 24, 2015 8:33 am

Pretty sure I'm using 5.0. Where can I get 5.1?
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun May 24, 2015 1:00 pm

Karma wrote:Pretty sure I'm using 5.0.  Where can I get 5.1?

Here is the link from the Downloads topic:

https://mega.co.nz/#!e0tBQTDA!kpfD_I9TJJ0OJfFwN7DGHmtnizQYSmT6D-JLH7A4wVs

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Sun May 24, 2015 7:22 pm

Awesome, thanks!
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Mon May 25, 2015 6:31 am

More feedback for you, Don. Just played through the Lan Dao case, taking the Cybersex Fiends path. Got my BUTT kicked on the elevator up to the bridge with the jet pack guys. Three lives lost, because it's just too easy to get knocked off that platform, and there's no way I've found to dodge the bombs. I'm not one to complain about something being too hard, but at the same time, I've never lost three lives in one screen before.
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon May 25, 2015 11:10 am

Hmmm I guess, by request, might tone down that level in that stage.

BTW, are you all aware you CAN grab the grenades and throw them away? I'm sure this might make things lot easier for you, guys.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next