SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0

+31
CrackSmokingWarlock
AnderGus
SORDave
bob211
Don Vecta
mariocanales
jlenoconel
lesserdemon
vince
WillyTheSquid
Security
celestinx
Pantha35
BigDarsh
Saven
Malvorne
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Garcia75
thenomad
axbattler
Pleiades7
DarkThief
iceweb38
Laucorn
graylandertagger
bazzza
Charco
TheWolfe
Mr.Din
35 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 Empty H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0

Post  Don Vecta Sat May 09, 2015 6:05 am

It is time.
H.U.N.T.E.R.: The MotY Complete Edition
(yeh yeh, I know it wasn't the mod of the year at all, but to do shit like Fallout, GTA and Batman do when they put every DLC in a single edition, I'm doing the same here)
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 Title-1
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 HSMH.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 Cold_zps96476d22

It's finally out! After years of working on the last DLC (and then revamping tons of new features with the release v5.1, not to mention cleaning up and improving old stages from classic missions) it's finally out. This MotY edition contains all previous DLC content (Subway Mayhem) and the extra stages unlocked.

Changes in this final release.

- Several stages redrawn completely or using cleaner/crisp rips. Trying to get rid of the Sailor Moon overused resources... or at least the direct ones!
- Rebalance in some areas. Some places are slightly easier while some boss battles are more challenging without being broken. Some areas got completely revamped in enemy positioning so it's worth replaying again.
- Huge new array of palettes and names. Huge re-haul and OCD in name/palette assignment.
- Some sound and music files improved.
- Small graphical and bug fixes done.
- Tons of small surprises and Easter eggs.

*WARNING* The mod contains a savegame with certain features. i highly recommend to delete it if you want to play it as you wish

Here's an example of some of the graphical improvements.
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 Redone00_zps5147e82e
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 Redone01_zpsa711f7fe
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 Redone03_zpsc7f9fcd1
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 Redone02_zpsc90e50b4

Subway Mayhem.
- Minor graphical tweaks and fixes.
- Rebalance in enemy positioning.
- Re-assignment of names/palettes.
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 HunterDLC04
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 HunterDLC03
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 HunterDLC01

*new*A Cold Quest for Peace.
- The new DLC available to play.
- Containing a hard difficulty set of missions. Player able to choose both of them within the DLC.
- Exciting new story, taking part on the H.U.N.T.E.R/Adam's Story continuity universe.
- Completely new stages, some of them created completely from scratch.
- Hidden bonus areas and extra bonus stages as well.
- Tons of exclusive names and palettes for the new storyline.
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 Hunter37
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 HUNTERcold03
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 HUNTERcold05
H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 HUNTERcold04

Download link (with sound pack and palette pack included in the zip): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziwkmik51ovc759/H.U.N.T.E.R%20MotYv.10.zip?dl=0
mega.co.nz #!YU1SWDyb!SrDb1vk6KUCu2McIJs338iQaSp-i_il6joIoeughAu0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKJG1EKSBC2ZXVJTTJUdDFCSVE/view?usp=sharing

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4CDEE024CBDBB3B2%21378

mediafire.com download/l5qhxtc25kb99ge/H.U.N.T.E.R+MotYv.10.rar  < (should be called media aids)

http://expirebox.com/download/6480c200435f9d2feff53a0d2abf580f.html

http://www.filedropper.com/huntermotyv10

4shared.com/rar/8YTXgxmEce/HUNTER_MotYv10.html

(thanks, Bazzaaa for the mirror links)

I hope you enjoy. This mod was my first baby and basically the project I've loved most. Took years to finally have it done and put a wrap on it. If there's bugs, gamebreakers or graphical issues, please report them so I can fix them ASAP. Thank you... I know it's quite overdue but better than keep it canned in my PC's here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Don Vecta on Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

xRainmakerRSx and Mehdi98 like this post

Back to top Go down

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 Empty Re: H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0

Post  Mr.Din Sat May 09, 2015 6:57 am

Yes! My Dick is ready! Downloading!!!

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0 Empty Re: H.U.N.T.E.R. Mod of the Year edition v2.0

Post  TheWolfe Sat May 09, 2015 8:01 am

Choo-Choo! It's time to get on the Hype Train everybody! Very Happy

Downloading!
TheWolfe
TheWolfe
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat May 09, 2015 10:05 am

Great stuff! I look forward to playing this with my buddy some weekend soon Very Happy

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sat May 09, 2015 9:34 pm

Last edited by bazzza on Sat May 09, 2015 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sat May 09, 2015 11:14 pm

Game-breaker:  In stage 2 scene 10 (pier), the Mona/Lisa that jumps out of the building halfway along will get stuck in mid-air if you're near the top of the screen after the bike goes past.

Vehelits bug is still there on the trippy stage, too.  There's also a police special near Vehelits, in a stage where polices are disabled. Finally, the chicken after the group of truckers could be moved further back, as there's a few coke bottles right before it.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun May 10, 2015 8:30 am

Okay, noted. Please do the quick fix on SORmaker so you can keep playing by yourself. I'll note each and every bug and whatnot (I'll make another patch to fix everything once and for all).

Thanks, Bazzaaa for the mirrors. I'll put the links in the first post as well.

Thank you for playing. Hope you enjoy this baby... oh, and see if you can find the hidden areas in some stages, hehe. Twisted Evil

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Sun May 10, 2015 2:32 pm

I'm having trouble opening that mod file. Everytime I try to extract it using 7zip it says that it can't be extracted as an archive. Also, I just downloaded version 5.1, but I can't find a save file anywhere on this site that unlocks SORmaker.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sun May 10, 2015 4:05 pm

graylandertagger wrote:I'm having trouble opening that mod file.  Everytime I try to extract it using 7zip it says that it can't be extracted as an archive.  Also, I just downloaded version 5.1, but I can't find a save file anywhere on this site that unlocks SORmaker.  

Try using winrar right click and go to extract to if you happen if you happen to get a folder in a folder, go to the second folder and cut and paste that folder and put it into the mods game folder see if that works.

Here is my save but please note I have not unlocked everything there are still 3 characters left to unlock, Roo Mr X and Ash and a lot of the extras like cheats and that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKJG1EKSBC2UlIwQUM2N1NWSXM/view?usp=sharing
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Sun May 10, 2015 7:48 pm

I was able to get the mod open. Only problem that i'm having right now is that whenever a new portrait of a character is supposed to appear in the dialog or cutscenes I instead get a blank box with no outline of the dialog making the dialog hard to read. Also, I noticed that there were a few new sounds that this mod adds, but I forgot how to add them.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sun May 10, 2015 7:52 pm

Stage 1 scene 7 (bridge lift) - unavoidable life losses due to excess numbers of enemies (a single hit means death in most cases) and especially a biker throwing bombs onto a small and buggy collision map. (even Max can't survive that)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sun May 10, 2015 9:44 pm

I also think in the cold quest for peace mod that in the scene were you can choose what route you want to go to in level 1 scene 3 I believe were you are on the trucks and shoot people from afar the distance between the truck on the left and the on on to the right is too big to jump even with Blaze1 or with Rudra's dash attack or with Skate.

I have noticed 1 easter egg so far in the cold quest for peace in the hotel your avatar pic I.E Vice from king of fighters is the bartender.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Laucorn Mon May 11, 2015 1:02 am

Extremely well done with the mod, Donny. I love the new portraits and enhanced graphics for some of the old stages. I'll probably sit down and go through the mod and do further tests and see if I can correct the minor bug and any other issues above. It felt almost like a brand new game seeming these extra bells, whistles and some of the new palettes thrown in. HUNTER is definitely showing massive potential.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Tue May 12, 2015 12:12 am

Well, I really enjoyed the new mission...was quite surprised by it's size too (compared to subway at least). Liking the return to the Adam's story building and going a different way, along with the new stages too.

Only concern really is the use of Slash's outside in the wind...if they pull a gun out (and the ones outside do all the time) they are literally uncatchable. The final boss fights are brutal as well (not sure how lesser toons will get on), but interesting nonetheless, as well as a fitting end. (being the last bosses of the entire mod)

I did notice the odd palette gaffe too, such as a lab rat in Lao Dan's 1st stage and Sheevah in one of the under-construction-building stages (stage 8-9 I think), but those are nitpicking really Wink

bazzza wrote:I also think in the cold quest for peace mod that in the scene were you can choose what route you want to go to in level 1 scene 3 I believe were you are on the trucks and shoot people from afar the distance between the truck on the left and the on on to the right is too big to jump even with Blaze1 or with Rudra's dash attack or with Skate.

Skate can get across with his 1-star blitz, but it doesn't matter...as going across there takes you to the same place. Wink

I'm more concerned about Roo, but he can just about make it across...and there's an extra police to help out with the hordes before Robot X. (although tbh it might be better to have some more polices down for him, as it's not really fair to drop a few lives just because you chose him)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 am

DarkThief wrote:Well, I really enjoyed the new mission...was quite surprised by it's size too (compared to subway at least). Liking the return to the Adam's story building and going a different way, along with the new stages too.

Only concern really is the use of Slash's outside in the wind...if they pull a gun out (and the ones outside do all the time) they are literally uncatchable. The final boss fights are brutal as well (not sure how lesser toons will get on), but interesting nonetheless, as well as a fitting end. (being the last bosses of the entire mod)

I did notice the odd palette gaffe too, such as a lab rat in Lao Dan's 1st stage and Sheevah in one of the under-construction-building stages (stage 8-9 I think), but those are nitpicking really Wink

bazzza wrote:I also think in the cold quest for peace mod that in the scene were you can choose what route you want to go to in level 1 scene 3 I believe were you are on the trucks and shoot people from afar the distance between the truck on the left and the on on to the right is too big to jump even with Blaze1 or with Rudra's dash attack or with Skate.

Skate can get across with his 1-star blitz, but it doesn't matter...as going across there takes you to the same place. Wink

I'm more concerned about Roo, but he can just about make it across...and there's an extra police to help out with the hordes before Robot X. (although tbh it might be better to have some more polices down for him, as it's not really fair to drop a few lives just because you chose him)

Yeah I discovered today that either way takes you to the same place I feel like a right idiot Embarassed, but yeah couple of extra police calls for Skippy users would not go ad miss.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Tue May 12, 2015 11:53 pm

Done with the Cold Quest for Peace DLC.
This is a good piece of work!

Graphicwise, it's mostly excellent though it can get a bit monotonous at times, which I believe is intentional since it's winter themed all along the DLC so the grey colour that is everywhere fits with the winter mood.
I'd be very curious why you'd choose a winter theme BTW for this DLC, if you could let us know Very Happy
Does it have a particular meaning?
I also tried to figure out which stages were completely made from scratch but I didn't manage to find clues. Actually, I don't recognize a lot of the ressources you've been using this time. Very tricky right there, in a good way of speaking!

My favorite path is the one in which you protect M.White, such excellent sceneries in there with the whole building and the boat scenes! But the other path has some nice stages too, I particularly love the plaza corridor in which you used the custom breakable item to make doors and the layer display feature to show the secret room with the life item. That's a very very clever use of this new addition from the 1.5 patch!

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed storywise and even scriptwise, I absolutely loved the stories for the original 3 missions but this one is nothing special really. Oh well.
I liked some dialogues though like the troll ninja that gets on everybody nerves with his grin, the Jada dialogue and also the "Hey that's my line" from Shiva Very Happy
On the other hand, I love the new portraits! Very good job there!
Also I spotted a few easter eggs, thanks for the shoutout BTW Very Happy

Ennemywise, the new palettes are really good!
Regarding the placement, this is typically what we should expect in most of the mods you've worked on, aka challenging, sometimes very demanding!
Like the final boss battles though with the mix of
Spoiler:
, thought they were very good choices!

Musicwise, nothing, they mostly fit the stages and the mood of the battles!

Be careful though, I noticed that the first stage don't use the custom portraits, is this an oversight?
Also, on the stage after the boat battle, the wind cause a city layer to scroll, which is wrong. I don't know where the layer comes from but you're advised to remove the wind effect from this stage, doesn't really add anything I think.

To sum up, while not as memorable as the main game or even the first DLC, this is a welcome addition to the HUNTER franchise (if we can call it that way Razz) that should satisfy those that urging for a new mod, particularly long I think since it took me a bit less than 3 hours to do both paths.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed May 13, 2015 3:48 am

Yeah I have to say I love them music choice most in this mod. I mean every scene had me going as far presentation goes even the sewer level which dragged a bit. I'm not a fan of the script honestly, it lacks that same charm we've seen in the rest of H.U.N.T.E.R, one pet peeve of mine although this is entirely subjective is the fact that we have so much game play interrupting dialect. I believe a lot of things said could've been left for actual cutscenes as the environment and other things kind of speak for themselves.

I'm also not too much a fan of the enemy placement here in comparison to the other missions. Sometimes we have the lovely combinations seen in HUNTER fashion but other times it just feels like I'm just being ganged up on, not sure if placement is good when I can tear through with max but have such a hard time using Blaze who's constantly on the move. Bare in mind I can play through vegas and the subway with blaze the same as I can Max so I judge on those two mostly.

In conclusion this DLC was very much worth the wait as well as the touch ups on the original content, although I do feel the DLC could be improved in many areas.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed May 13, 2015 11:13 am

I love rough, honest but constructive feedback like this. Thank you very much both of you.

The DLC is created in a hard difficult paired with the Vegas level, and designed somehow that both paths are different. The Mall is designed to be long but with less waves of enemies while the Lima Federal route is designed to be shorter but with tons of waves.

I tried to design the waves by theme, and give the thugs an identity with name/palette. I think, at difference of the very first draft of HUNTER, the enemies weren't randomized and tried to put more effort in which enemies would appear and why. It's a shame didn't created that effect in some players, though.

Oh yeah, that snow glitch, I'll clean that up myself. This is a very special property I found in the layer 4 when you put the snow effect: when you put this effect, the layer 4 will move in a ripple effect to the direction of the wind. You'll see that it works perfectly in the first scene at the airport, when the snow flakes move with the wind (the layered snow, not the one from the effect). It is a very useful property if you want to recreate things moving with the wind... but forgot to move it in the layer of the resolution scene. Embarassed

As for the winter theme... only SNES Batman Return used a full winter theme. Wanted to add something different to the urban landscapes we're used to and... well, in fact, the idea came when I did that old April's Fool joke with the mock mod Cold Pleasure, I was wondering why not? A winter themed chapter. The idea was to release this some X-mas/New Year time during winter but... hey, extended till summer. Embarassed

Anyways, hope you enjoyed it and keep playing it. Might have not being the best DLC content story wise but I think in design, music and theme, put a lot more effort on it. Smile

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Pleiades7 Wed May 13, 2015 8:43 pm

I saw that new Sorrmaker feature in v5.1 is unbreakable objects? Is that correct? Maybe someone could a do a tutorial for use newbie modders.

In the meanwhile, maybe a short summary? I read the other thread about it but it is SO vague it doesn't quite click for me.

For instance, can you make anything into an unbreakable object? What are the limits? Do they impede movement? Say you make a door, and mooks or even a boss is behind the door, will they be unable to pass until the door (ie. breakable object) is broken?

I brought it up on this thread as this mod is said to use them and use them well. Could someone provide more examples? Maybe even some screenshots.

Finally, I'm exploring this for the creative potential. On my mod-in-progress I was envisioning an R-type like level where you are basically fighting one giant boss of sorts (remember the mid-game space battleship?) which has been reused by many other games (i.e. futuristic truck in Shinobi, giant dragon monster in DragonBreed, etc.) Anyhow, the conceit of those games is that you are presented with a level long boss but most of the breakable objects that make up the boss in THOSES games are just window dressing -ie. the battleship in Rtype has a lot of breakable damage object in the form of the ship's hull and parts. Anyways, whether you destroy the breakable objects or not doesn't matter since these levels almost always ended with a final boss of sorts in the form of a reactor or a heart, etc., and then destroying that ends the level. But even so, it's still a fun idea that adds to the illusions of those games and one that MAY be possible with this new feature depending on it's limits.

So for the longwinded post (lol) but I'm appreciative to any questions that could answered here and feedback.

Thank you!
Pleiades7
Pleiades7
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu May 14, 2015 6:38 am

Not unbreakable objects but BREAKABLE objects that can be edited.

In H.U.N.T.E.R., I use them a lot in Lima Federal building and many other areas. You can make doors either in barrier or in the background. But make sure to place your control points properly in the sprite.

For the concept you have, could be to use the breakable walls as parts of the monstrosity and then the core could be an enemy trapped in green area (could have a sort of idea from a machine boss created in the mod H.U.N.T.E.R. Nightsweeper by Laucorn, whose idea to build a machine as a boss with lasers and whatnot was simply incredible. Now I'm sure with breakable objects the idea could mature even better.

Now notice you have a limit of 10 items per scene and that the walls are ALWAYS placed at the bottom and can't pass through unless you break them. Other useful breakable items are the Alien Eggs as they explode on break.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  axbattler Thu May 14, 2015 9:38 am

Hi DonVecta.
I don't understand why, when I'm playing your mod on my computer, the game is faster than the normal way. For exemple the player & the ennemies perform their attacks and walk very fast.
So, is the AI editor, when it been modified by the modder, had an influence on the mods played with a SoRR without the AI editor unlock?

This "problem" only happen with your mod on my computer.

(p.s: sorry for bad english. I hope to be understood, if not, tell me!)

axbattler
axbattler

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu May 14, 2015 12:24 pm

I think it does, the setting in the mod are almost like the default ones in v5.1, not sure if you changed your settings, though, but the mod includes settings from the maker.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu May 14, 2015 12:25 pm

I actually noticed this too, I had SOR3 delay mode enabled when I've always set it to default.
Wonder if you can actually apply your options to the mod even when played on other savefiles.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Thu May 14, 2015 2:36 pm

axbattler wrote:Hi DonVecta.
I don't understand why, when I'm playing your mod on my computer, the game  is faster than the normal way. For exemple the player & the ennemies perform their attacks and walk very fast.
So, is the AI editor, when it been modified by the modder, had an influence on the mods played with a SoRR without the AI editor unlock?

This "problem" only happen with your mod on my computer.

I had this problem - when I first went to play the mod and hit "load" instead of "new" from the SORMaker menu (which is the default option so it's really easy to do).

This called up the savestate that was already in the H.U.N.T.E.R folder, which ofc is Don's. Delete that savestate.sor from the folder and you'll be back to normal.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Pleiades7 Thu May 14, 2015 5:59 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Not unbreakable objects but BREAKABLE objects that can be edited.

In H.U.N.T.E.R., I use them a lot in Lima Federal building and many other areas. You can make doors either in barrier or in the background. But make sure to place your control points properly in the sprite.

For the concept you have, could be to use the breakable walls as parts of the monstrosity and then the core could be an enemy trapped in green area (could have a sort of idea from a machine boss created in the mod H.U.N.T.E.R. Nightsweeper by Laucorn, whose idea to build a machine as a boss with lasers and whatnot was simply incredible. Now I'm sure with breakable objects the idea could mature even better.

Now notice you have a limit of 10 items per scene and that the walls are ALWAYS placed at the bottom and can't pass through unless you break them. Other useful breakable items are the Alien Eggs as they explode on break.

Thank  you SO much, mate. Great mod by the way! I can tell you put a lot of work into it. cheers

Last edited by Pleiades7 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Pleiades7
Pleiades7
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next