SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars, guns and chicks: The Grand Theft Auto thread.

+8
bazzza
Criss
cabo-hicks
iceweb38
badjab326
Benny26
Saven
Don Vecta
12 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Cars, guns and chicks: The Grand Theft Auto thread. Empty Cars, guns and chicks: The Grand Theft Auto thread.

Post  Don Vecta Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Considering the amount of fans of the series here, I guess this deserves its own thread.

And gentlemen, so far GTA V is simply fantastic! And the only thing I've been doing is farming money with the taxi driver missions (this mostly to get myself used to the new control scheme for driving, which sucks, I hate driving with the triggers!) and hooking up the girls at the strip clubs (who also show REAL TITS finally! Very Happy)

How you guys faring?

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Cars, guns and chicks: The Grand Theft Auto thread. Empty Re: Cars, guns and chicks: The Grand Theft Auto thread.

Post  Saven Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
How you guys faring?
Sittin at the install screen so far. Crying or Very sad

I knew I should've made some Lucky Charms for me while waiting for this.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Cars, guns and chicks: The Grand Theft Auto thread. Empty Re: Cars, guns and chicks: The Grand Theft Auto thread.

Post  Saven Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:24 pm

Ok, major problem off the bat. My game is only displaying at 480p, even though my PS3 is checked to start on 1080p for all games and it's never been a problem. What's going on?

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out I have to manually check the 720p button to get it to HD. Really weird.

EDIT: .....and the game froze. We are not off to a good start here. Mad 
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Yeah....triple post. For Great Justice!

Just played my first couple hours or so. My first impressions:

So far, besides the lockup and the game being picky about native resolutions, I gotta say I have had nothing negative to say about this game. Smile 

This is shaping up to be the sequel that I've always wanted to see since GTA3. It has a lot of new features that really distance itself from the other games, but still keeps the flavor and spirit of the GTA games - making it a true sequel.

I have done some Taxi jobs (seems like you drive across the country in those), and missions mostly. I did save some grocery worker's life earlier from a bunch of robbers. Laughing 

Controls are kinda weird at first and I'm still used to the PS2 saga's controls so I died during a shootout since I was still getting used to the controls. Laughing Hard 

First-second mission spoilers
Spoiler:
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Enjoying the game so far.

I will admit that i found the movement very sluggish at first, took a lot of getting used to. Other parts of the game though are great: I find the driving alright, nicely tuned, BUT i do miss the damage factor you got in GTAIV with the car's shell warping after a crash. It doesn't seem to do that in this game...no biggie though.

The missions are very well thought out and don't seem to have the generic "go here kill this guy" all the time which is good. I've been to the titty bar and touched her up like a boss (didn't get thrown out lol) I will admit also that I've died quite a few times and failed a few missons due to me underestimating the power of their guns lol..Still those mission checkpoints and really nice.

So yeah, onward!

Edit: Also...
Spoiler:

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:24 am

Loving every second so far. Everything about this game feels perfect after a little time with it. Feels like a nice blend of all the greatest of Rockstar.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:42 am

Is any of you the type that goes free roam in the open world and do odd jobs, mini-games (available) and whatnot before advancing in the story? I am that type. Though right now I cleared 3 of the weird strangers and... the random encounters got unlocked. The best? Blowing up a securicar! Lots of cash available! Very Happy

Oh yeah, and already conquered 3 strippers as my booty calls! Twisted Evil 

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:37 am

Just gotta mention, Lamar is the best character in the game BY FAR. Dude cracks me up every time he's on screen.

This fuckin killed me:
Spoiler:
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 am

Ahh man, the first chunk of the game with Franklin is hilarious. Reminds me of the Friday movies Laughing 

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:01 am

Lamar is awesome indeed.

You know? The East Los FM.became my favorite station so far: come on, they put fucking La Maldita Vecindad in the playlist! And tons of songs I haven't heard in years (I'm talking about childhood years),a nice assorted selection of Mexican music,plus, El Instituto Mexicano del Sonido is pretty awesome (Don Cheto annoys me, though).

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:43 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Is any of you the type that goes free roam in the open world and do odd jobs, mini-games (available) and whatnot before advancing in the story? I am that type.
I am also that type Smile

I like to get my fill of all of it while the story is ongoing.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:14 pm

I unlocked Trevor last night. His opening missions will be a pretty big shock for anyone who played TLaD. At first I didn't like him much, but after seeing him interact with Michael's family, he's really grown on me.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:53 pm

badjab326 wrote:I unlocked Trevor last night. His opening missions will be a pretty big shock for anyone who played TLaD. At first I didn't like him much, but after seeing him interact with Michael's family, he's really grown on me.
You're not kidding about TLAD, damn. I haven't met Michael's family with him yet (just about to) but I'd just like to say that the Thunderstorms in this game are pretty epic.

The whole vibration on the pad to the thunder while i was driving in it gave me chills...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Yeah, the thunderstorms are definitely amazing.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:05 am

Wow~! Couldn't expect less! Game's awesome!

BTW, in one of Michael's missions.... did you get the reference to Lethal Weapon? Wink

Oh, and anybody has got the iFruit app that the game prompts every time? I still can't find it.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:17 am

Don Vecta wrote:
Wow~! Couldn't expect less! Game's awesome!

BTW, in one of Michael's missions.... did you get the reference to Lethal Weapon? Wink

Oh, and anybody has got the iFruit app that the game prompts every time? I still can't find it.
Yeah, I caught that I think
Spoiler:

And yeah, I also can't find the ifruit app either. I was trying to show Chop some tricks but I couldn't find it on the phone anywhere.

I just finished a Michael mission, not too long ago. Some of the funniest shit I have ever seen in a video game. Laughing 
Spoiler:
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:03 am

Careful to those who are going to buy the game, the digital version on the PSN has a lot of problem, graphically speaking.
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2013/00068056-gta-5-le-comparatif-choquant-blu-ray-demat.htm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:35 am

Guys, the Ifruit app is a real app...for your real phone: http://www.rockstargames.com/V/downloads

Saven wrote:

I just finished a Michael mission, not too long ago. Some of the funniest shit I have ever seen in a video game. Laughing 
Spoiler:
I just did that, was a really fun ride.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:23 pm

The real app is just for (ironically) iOS, it's not out for Android yet.

And man, that mission when you kill Mark Zuckerbe-- I mean, Jay Norris. That was fucked up! Nice jab at facebook!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:24 pm

Spoiler:

By the other hand...

Spoiler:

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:11 am

I lol'd at this reference to San Andreas:
Spoiler:

I think I am near the end of the game now. It has been a really good story so far. Smile 
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:31 pm

And speaking of CJ...

Spoiler:

I truly love this game but... I miss many of the awesome cars from GTA IV. They took away almost all my favorite cars: Super GT (Aston Martin DB9) arguably my favorite, Turismo (Ferrari 360), PMP600 (Chrysler 300c) and the Sultan RS (Lexus IS300). I could be away with the Bullet GT (I just can't get myself to like that fucking ugly ass car) or the damn Infernus (I never liked the rear design of it).

They should have returned other classic GTA cars like the original Mercedes look of the Admiral (not the horrible Ford version of GTA IV), the Kuruma (maybe based in a Nissan Sentra or a Maxima), the Jester (in Toyota Supra), or the Euros (basing it in one of my favorite cars: the Nissan 300ZX).

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Yeah, honestly I'm surprised that not all cars from IV-TBoGT have returned. But I don't really mind too much, as there are several cars I like much better than any others from that game. (also I like the Bullet and Infernus Razz [but imo the Vice City Infernus is still 2000000000x better])

Btw, the Social Club has undergone some changes, so check the crew invites and stuff because I know it was having issues before. I just made a new one for my irl friends and it went much more smoothly.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:50 am

So, a selected soundtrack is out.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/24/4766398/grand-theft-auto-v-soundtrack-is-now-on-itunes

But on digital (I'd never buy digital) and not all the tracks, plus the original score and ambience. Doesn't sound like a real deal to me, though... but okay, maybe if a physical copy goes out, I'd get it.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next