SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games: News & Releases

+31
Don Vecta
Charco
Benny26
Saven
Security
KFCutman
celestinx
Lithium Flower
Shyning77
Break
JoyJoyfulRabbit
E253MechaShadow
El Gambito
Shiva
William Assunção
Shadow Fist King
Groovemaster303
Xillatem
MangoRyu28
maruf1000
BigDarsh
Rapha.7
NeoVamp
bazzza
Criss
iceweb38
Stevo
Espilonarge
RuffNTumble
Emthree
badjab326
35 posters

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next

Go down

Games: News & Releases - Page 19 Empty Re: Games: News & Releases

Post  Saven Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Ok, I'm not gonna lie. This looks pretty awesome.

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Zelda meets Dynasty Warriors, gotta say it's very surprising. What's more surprising is actually how come this kind of gameplay has never been explored before.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:41 pm

iceweb38 wrote:May I suggest you UMvsC3 besides/instead? It's an awesome package full of fun (plus I tried the online with Badjab and it played decently enough)

At least UMvC3 has a disc release. People will miss out on all the awesome DLC costumes (+Jill and Shuma). But to have an entire game removed from the network is terrible news.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:03 pm

badjab326 wrote:
iceweb38 wrote:May I suggest you UMvsC3 besides/instead? It's an awesome package full of fun (plus I tried the online with Badjab and it played decently enough)

At least UMvC3 has a disc release. People will miss out on all the awesome DLC costumes (+Jill and Shuma). But to have an entire game removed from the network is terrible news.

And this is why I went with MvC2 instead. I can buy UMvC3 down the road later if I want.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Gotta say I'm quite upset about this right now!
The 50% discount did not apply to the EU PSN but what's worse is that they failed to mention it. And above all else, how the hell can you announce a delisting only 3 three days before it?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/30158761/no-price-drop-for-umvc3-dlc-on-psn-in-europe?pg=1
We tried to ask Capcom but all we got was nonexistent PR. I miss Sven Sad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Have a lenghty read at M2 interview about their 3DS port of Streets of Rage
http://blogs.sega.com/2013/12/23/sega-3d-classics-%E2%80%93-3d-streets-of-rage-interview-with-developer-m2/?7004208=1

which I bought and it's a great port, the work they did on the 3D depth makes it great to watch in 3D.
Easily the best mobile port SoR1 ever had!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:54 pm

I heard the 3D version of Shinobi III is great too with all that parallax scrolling.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:37 pm

To answer you (pretty lately), yeah the parallax scrolling looks really nice in 3D. I have to say I'm surprised some of the games I enjoy the most in 3D on the 3DS are megadrive games! That says a lot about the dedication of M2

Also, speaking of SEGA, they have been teasing Shenmue content for Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, a year after the official poll by Sumo:

Games: News & Releases - Page 19 Sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-shenmue-3-images-screenshots-3_0903D4000000503532Games: News & Releases - Page 19 Sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-shenmue-3-images-screenshots-2_0903D4000000503542Games: News & Releases - Page 19 Sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-shenmue-3-images-screenshots-1_0903D4000000503552

Truth be told, Ryo Hazuki has been leaked as a future DLC by Yogcast a week before SEGA showed these. All that is left to find out now is if it will be a DLC for every platform or only PC (in which case you can expect lot of bad blood)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:34 am

iceweb38 wrote:To answer you (pretty lately), yeah the parallax scrolling looks really nice in 3D. I have to say I'm surprised some of the games I enjoy the most in 3D on the 3DS are megadrive games! That says a lot about the dedication of M2

Also, speaking of SEGA, they have been teasing Shenmue content for Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, a year after the official poll by Sumo:

Games: News & Releases - Page 19 Sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-shenmue-3-images-screenshots-3_0903D4000000503532Games: News & Releases - Page 19 Sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-shenmue-3-images-screenshots-2_0903D4000000503542Games: News & Releases - Page 19 Sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-shenmue-3-images-screenshots-1_0903D4000000503552

Truth be told, Ryo Hazuki has been leaked as a future DLC by Yogcast a week before SEGA showed these. All that is left to find out now is if it will be a DLC for every platform or only PC (in which case you can expect lot of bad blood)
yet still no SoR rep Sad eh oh well I'm always happy to see Ryo appear in better graphics.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:09 am

I've been enjoying this a lot.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:38 pm

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:53 pm

So I just started MGS3, the beginning of my new journey through the MGS series. And I'm really not good at being stealth yet, but so far I'm loving the overall style of the game. The intro music felt like a nod to James Bond so I'm a huge fan of this.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Yeah thd theme tune is excellent and very Bond-like. MGS3 is the best game of the series in my opinion, I was thinking of picking up the HD Collection about a week ago for that game alone as I saw it for 20 quid in hmv. Might still do that.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:32 pm

Charco wrote:Yeah thd theme tune is excellent and very Bond-like. MGS3 is the best game of the series in my opinion, I was thinking of picking up the HD Collection about a week ago for that game alone as I saw it for 20 quid in hmv. Might still do that.
I'm not sure if the game is region locked, but I've been trying to gather up a few friends for Peace Walker HD co-op sessions after I finish MGS3. If you pick it up be sure to let me know if you're interested Smile 

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Charco wrote:Yeah thd theme tune is excellent and very Bond-like. MGS3 is the best game of the series in my opinion, I was thinking of picking up the HD Collection about a week ago for that game alone as I saw it for 20 quid in hmv. Might still do that.

I bought MGS HD ages ago for like 30 quid...used lol. No regrets though as it's quite simply one of the jewels in my collection. Also agree with MGS3 being the best and the theme is a beast.

badjab326 wrote:I'm not sure if the game is region locked, but I've been trying to gather up a few friends for Peace Walker HD co-op sessions after I finish MGS3. If you pick it up be sure to let me know if you're interested

Ready to rock right now regarding PW. Never played it co-op and always fancied it...So you can put me down for some action if possible Smile

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:37 am

Yes, Snake Eater is one of the GOAT theme songs of all time in any video game ever. Very Happy 

The game is probably my second favorite in the series, although I think we already talked about that a couple nights ago.

If you can, you should probably buy the Legacy boxset that came out last year. That includes every main entry except for Portable Ops and Metal Gear Rising. But yeah, definitely get the HD versions if you can, they are worth the buy. MGS3 HD runs at 60 FPS compared to the 30 FPS on PS2.

Although for whatever reason:
Spoiler:
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:35 am

Benny26 wrote:Ready to rock right now regarding PW. Never played it co-op and always fancied it...So you can put me down for some action if possible Smile

Thumbs up As soon as I finish MGS3, we've got a mission to take care of Twisted Evil 

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:26 pm

My body just wasn't ready.Still not spending 500 but damn!

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:27 am

I'm more impressed with classic Glacius, he looks so much better with his KI2 look.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:36 pm

I think I'm gonna go ahead and join the PC master race soon, I'm just done with the latest console generation.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:59 pm

badjab326 wrote:I think I'm gonna go ahead and join the PC master race soon, I'm just done with the latest console generation.

For whatever reason, I assume this has something to do with the Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes bullshit? Razz 

Anyways, I have tried to be somewhat hopeful and hoped that this generation would get better. But after the shit that Kojima and Konami pulled last week, I am hopping on the same wagon that Don Vecta's on too, FUCK THIS GENERATION!!!

In case you don't know already, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes is a $20 downloadable, $30 PS3 retail, and $40 PS4 retail game that is only 2 FUCKING HOURS LONG!!!!

Me and Benny (both big time MG fans) have discussed this in great detail last week with each other, but we both are going to be passing on this one and we love the series so much. I am not paying that much for a glorified demo. And that justification for the length and price of the game by both Kojima and Konami on their facebook page and PR announcement was fucking disgusting.

The length is short so that "we can get used to MGSV when it comes out." Well, just also last week, news of the actual MGSV isn't coming out until fucking December 2015!!!!! So yeah, we will really be getting used to that demo then. Rolling Eyes 

Don't know why Ground Zeroes is taking so long, it was announced a couple years ago and is now just coming out and to hear that its only two hours long just makes me wonder why the fuck it isn't out by now.

So yeah, news of this shit and news of EA once again fucking over gamers over its POS Dungeon Keeper mobile remake has finally made me say enough. I am really glad I became a PC gamer when I did, it really turned out to be a wonderful decision as of now.

I have been gaming less and less since 2007ish, and most of it has to do with the bullshit thats been going on, and also the lack of creativity. Whatever happened to some of these games that had all of these grand, crazy and out of place but still works, ideas that games used to have? I recently played through the original Tomb Raider and realized that there were so many creative ideas that were put to use in that game, such as exploring a cave and ending up in a lost valley still filled with living dinosaurs, or an interpretation of people from Atlantis that are far move evolved than us. Nowadays, it just feels like there isn't as much creativity and fun put into these games and really just feels extremely generic. When playing through these games I really get this feeling that its just another job.

Just to think, I have always wanted to and even entered college with the goal of going into the video game industry. This shit piled on with how awful the work environment truly is in the industry made me jump right out of it and move into the video production field instead and I have not looked back ever since.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Groovemaster303 Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Creativity went out the window a long time ago. it's all about money, maximise profits. Make sure you make many items or weapons in game unavailable unless you buy them with real cash. Then rip out half of the game and sell it as a season pass.

Groovemaster303
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Groovemaster303 wrote:Creativity went out the window a long time ago. it's all about money, maximise profits. Make sure you make many items or weapons in game unavailable unless you buy them with real cash. Then rip out half of the game and sell it as a season pass.

This is why I modded my Wii and play a lot of old 8 and 16 Bit games instead Smile

In the past year I have completed Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island and Starfox. All classic games and no DLC  Razz 

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Groovemaster303 Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:55 pm

Charco wrote:
This is why I modded my Wii and play a lot of old 8 and 16 Bit games instead Smile

I've been on facebook too much recently I'm looking for a LIKE button  Very Happy 

Good move though, you can't beat the 8/16 bit generation. Games are fun and despite the fact you can complete many in an hour or so. They never feel boring to play through again and again.

Groovemaster303
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Actually I had no idea about Ground Zeroes, but that's pretty dumb. I've just been having discussions with friends and customers at my store about the new consoles. It's surprising how many customers have no idea that the PS4 has wayy less features than the PS3. They walk in assuming its backwards compatible, works with PS3 controllers, can play mp3s etc. and even after they learn of the missing features they're like "Damn Sony is so stupid I hate them... but I'll take a PS4 anyway cuz da graphicz are da bess!"

Too many people are settling for crappy games and consoles and it's killing the industry. It's the same story with CoD, I know most people here hate the series in general but the last game in the series was particularly awful. And so many people blindly bought it because it was new and CoD, but everyone who I've talked to agreed it was a bad decision and they shouldn't have bought it, even admitting that Black Ops 1 was the best game in the series.

The major reason I'm leaning towards building a PC is that most of my favorite games can be emulated, and literally any controller can be used via USB converters. Plus there's a chance of any new games I want being released on PC i.e. Watchdogs, The Division, Mighty No. 9, GTAV etc.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next