SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games: News & Releases

+31
Don Vecta
Charco
Benny26
Saven
Security
KFCutman
celestinx
Lithium Flower
Shyning77
Break
JoyJoyfulRabbit
E253MechaShadow
El Gambito
Shiva
William Assunção
Shadow Fist King
Groovemaster303
Xillatem
MangoRyu28
maruf1000
BigDarsh
Rapha.7
NeoVamp
bazzza
Criss
iceweb38
Stevo
Espilonarge
RuffNTumble
Emthree
badjab326
35 posters

Page 20 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 43  Next

Go down

Games: News & Releases - Page 20 Empty Re: Games: News & Releases

Post  iceweb38 Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Out of the whole industry, I never thought Konami and especially Kojima would resort to this.
So yeah, I was quite dumbfounded when I found out about Ground Zero which I think is very stupid!
Capcom did the same with Dead Rising 2 but it wasn't that ridiculous!
Many of my friends who are MGS fans have already said they would not support this.

As for the generation that has started recently, I am not appealed at all, that's for sure.
Guess it's always like that at the beginning of every generation but this one is off a very bad start, especially if they keep going with that DLC bullshit that IMO should be regulated.
Not to say I'd jump in the PC gaming bandwagon but I'll stay for sure on my PS3 for many years to come as you can still find some pieces of gold if you're very selective.
It's all about supporting those that truly respect their customers, the very few there are.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:33 pm

http://platinumgames.com/2014/02/14/bayonetta-2-coming-to-wii-u-in-2014/

My god, that trailer! Frustration level over 9000!!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Since my PS3 died of YLOD, I was thinking (maybe VERY briefly) that I should do the leap to the PS4 but... to think about it... there's nothing seriously attractive so far from me. It's the same as Saven: I'm playing a very lot less new games and I'm doing lots of re-runs of my old PS3 games (Batman Arkhma Asylum and City, GTA IV and the Episodes, Saints Row 2, Yakuza 4, Silent Hill Homecoming and Downpour, Red Dead Redemption, MGS4, Fallout 3 GOTY and New Vegas, hell, even fucking Little Big Planet doing another full 100% run! Some versus matches or combos in TTT2 and KOF XIII), the last new games I've got was Yakuza 5 (that still didn't play) and GTA V (which I've been playing to my content). I simply don't feel motivated to buy games anymore.

There's so much shit going on I really lost the hots for console gaming... I'd definitely go deep in PC gaming as the companies don't have too much control in the DRM/excessive DLC and whatnot... especially when there's ways to kick back in the nuts those assholes by getting the knock-off bootlegs, lol. I'd only purchase games from companies who *still* respect the gamers and provide with complete games, interesting DLC's and modding options. The rest, well... nothing beats the pirate bay, bitches, lolz! Twisted Evil

You wanna know what's the fact that really's been ticking me off? Just how the development companies (consoles and games) have disrespected the gamers to the point in turning us into catty, entitled, negative consumers that won't get hype for a new game anymore... we've become so cynical that we try to find the catch in the new gameplay stuff (that mostly happens to be just cheap gimmicks rather than an innovative game mechanic) or the catch in the new offer they do so we find that there's in disc DLC worth the same price you paid for the original game! Not to mention that digital distribution it's pretty much owning NOTHING and if your console gets fucked, so are you. Your saves, your data, gone.

Fuck this gaming generation... and fuck mobile games too!

Last edited by Don Vecta on Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Me thinks your best bet would be to get a PS3, second-hand. Dunno how's the market in China but they shouldn't be too expensive.
My 80gb FAT PS3 never had any problem since I bought it in 2009 but you should be good with the lastest PS3 slim too.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:04 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Me thinks your best bet would be to get a PS3, second-hand. Dunno how's the market in China but they shouldn't be too expensive.
My 80gb FAT PS3 never had any problem since I bought it in 2009 but you should be good with the lastest PS3 slim too.

Yeah, that's not the issue... but 6 years of gaming lost in saves, data, digital games (Scott Pilgrim, SSF2THD,etc)... down the drain. It's plain frustrating.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:15 pm

I'm also going down the same road as you Don. I don't own a Ps4, and right now have no desire to own one. It's actually a downgrade on the PS3 disguised as an upgrade IMO. If i switch to a PS4 i can't play MP3's on it without having to subscribe to Sony's bullshit Music Unlimited, I'll have to start paying to game online...which i find totally an arsehole move since people already pay for Internet connection in the first place. I wouldn't be able to link my PC upto my PS4 because they removed the media server option. It's just a £350 disgrace when i look at it.

Even when you say "well, new generation of more powerful graphics" ect. It's completely worthless if you don't (or rather not looking like it from my point of view) have the games capable of taking advantage of it properly. There's 2 games I'm looking at right now, and even both of them are coming to the PS3 anyway lol. It's just a failure this next gen so far IMO, from the consoles to what content is coming...and also the lack of quality in that content, the gaming industry really isn't looking great. I'm seriously glad i built my monster gaming PC last year, it's the way I'm going in the future now it seems, with my PS3 alongside also.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:33 pm

And graphic improvement? Really? To be perfectly honest, there's nothing revolutionary in the PS4/X-Box-359 that a well programmed game done in PS3/360 can be done. When the leap came from PS2 to PS3 was theHD gaming: 720p screens and a very few games supported 1080p. It's like that stupid "next gen feature" that now fish move out of your way while swimming nearby them! OMG! But-... wait! Wasn't that done already in the very first game for N64?

I don't see an upgrade at all... none whatsoever. Consoles now it's all about restrictions, restrictions, restrictions!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:57 pm

I would imagine this will be my last console generation. Now is the time to hoover upa load of games for my PS3 while they are about 20 quid. I recently got DmC, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, God of War Ascension, Dead Space 2, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection, Batman Arkham Origins and The Last of Us. Plenty to keep me going there for another year, at which point I can replay all the other games I have!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Hold it, the YLOD is not related to a hardrive failure so technically your data is not lost.
Now you can't plug one PS3 HDD to another PS3 so I guess you can send your PS3 to Sony to get it fixed or maybe there's a way on the internet to hack the data and get them work on another PS3 HDD.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:28 am

It's a fucking mess... in old consoles, just put everything in a memory card and that's it. Also, you could back it up in your PC as well. Shitty ass console generation.

On other news... what's your take on this?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hitman-getting-a-turn-based-strategy-game-for-real/1100-6417725/

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:13 am

Don Vecta wrote:It's a fucking mess... in old consoles, just put everything in a memory card and that's it. Also, you could back it up in your PC as well. Shitty ass console generation.

Games: News & Releases - Page 20 Xbox-360-nintendo-nes
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Groovemaster303 Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:52 pm

Well just lately I've had a major shuffle with my consoles. I've sold my 360 and around 40-50 games but keeping my PS3. In my opinion the Uncharted trilogy and Last Of Us alone makes keeping the PS3 worth it. I only need to replace a couple of games on 360 too on my Ps3 like Devil May Cry HD collection the only game I'm gutted to not have on PS3 is Tales Of Vesperia. But even so that was only a digital copy.

I got both the Xbox One and PS4 and it's going to take time for these consoles to really take off. So basically like I have been doing for the last year or so is gaming more and more on my PC. DayZ, both mod and standalone are taking up tons of my free time lately.

Groovemaster303
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:09 pm

I'm about halfway through Tomb Raider and I am really enjoying it, very well made game.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:34 am

Anyone tried the new Strider game?
Any fan of the Castlevania/Metroid games should like it!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:20 am

iceweb38 wrote:Anyone tried the new Strider game?
I'm interested, haven't played the series but I loved strider in the mahvel series. I'd like to see what I've been missing Very Happy

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Groovemaster303 Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:12 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Anyone tried the new Strider game?

Strider was one of my favourite Megadrive games back in the 90's. Kind of worried how this new version is.
Still I really like Castlevania/Metroid exploration type games. So I may take a chance on it.

Groovemaster303
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Oh did I forget to mention there is a demo? I didn't buy the game as I have way too many game to go through but I thought it was a convincing demo for someone that never played a Strider game like me! There's nothing to lose giving the demo a spin Smile

Oh and for The Walking Dead fans, Episode 2-2 is set to be released on early March (they don't even have a fixed date)! Considering this is the longest wait we've had between TWD episodes and they said on early February it was "around the corner" and "you'll be playing it super soon", I really hope this will be polished and long or this will be the last time I buy a season pass right off the start!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:15 pm

^

And it was announced today that The Walking Dead: Season Two Episode 2 will officially be released on March 4th next week for PC and PS3.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:56 pm

PS3 EU and Xbox360 still have to be confirmed.
Watched the new trailer yesterday and man I'm hyped!

Spoiler:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:13 pm

iceweb38 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

March is really shaping up to be a loaded month video game-wise. Too bad I have no money right now, so I can't buy any of the big names coming out next month. Sad (Glad I bought the season pass when I did)

Anyways, more bullshit from the US Government over them dayum vidya games.

Violent video game makers would be denied tax credit under new reform blueprint

So glad to know that this countries still has its priorities straight. One comment in this article pretty much summed up my feelings:

I'm sorry but you cant expect game developers to raise your children for you nor should they be penalized. Parents have to do their job and stop childrearing with a tv or iphone.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Anadel released the theme for the Walking Dead game episode 2-2
https://anadel.bandcamp.com/album/carver-2

Awesome that they're doing a theme for each episode, gotta love the SilentHill-esque feel!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:29 pm

Well I guess I'll have to buy a PS4 this October then.....

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Charco wrote:Well I guess I'll have to buy a PS4 this October then.....

Goddammit Rocksteady. Now I have to build a gaming PC. Also theyre saying this is the final game in the series, which means Ill never get my dream of Co-op arkham Sad really hope nightwing and Tim Drake Robin return though.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Goddamit Warner Bros, Arkham Origins JUST got released and you're already announcing another Arkham game?!
Stop spoiling the Batman fans and do some MK games for once  Smile 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Rocksteady's back!...Awww yeah, something Batmanny to look forward to this year. It looks great also.

And thankfully i already have a monster gaming PC ready and waiting so i can dodge the £350 i don't want to pay for a PS4.

Result.  Cool 

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 43  Next