SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(GNU/Linux) Quick Fix for Streets of Rage Remake

2 posters

Go down

linux - (GNU/Linux) Quick Fix for Streets of Rage Remake Empty (GNU/Linux) Quick Fix for Streets of Rage Remake

Post  brocashelm Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:55 am

Hey, everyone. Been playing this amazing game throughout the years and brought it along with my migration outside of Window$. The Debian build that this forum hosts worked great for the longest time, except for the fact that there have been problems lately when it came to library files. Running on a terminal screen, I'd get segmentation faults, so I'd assumed that the libraries were incompatible with mine (I use Devuan Ceres, which is the same as Debian Sid). After going back and forth with this, I finally figured out a working solution.

1. If you're using a Debian-based system (Ubuntu and GNU/Linux Mint should also count), you'll need to install the following packages:
Code:
apt install libsdl-mixer1.2:i386 libsdl-image1.2:i386
2. Head over to where your wrapper script is located (should be "/usr/games/sorr"). Open it and look for this line:
Code:
env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=data ./bgdi SorR.dat
3. What we want to do in this case is change "data" to our main system library path, but also with some slight changes to how it's called (pay close attention to the separate line):
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu"
./bgdi SorR.dat
4. In order to guarantee the game will work without any issues, copy all the "mod" and "libmod" files in your "data" folder over to "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu". Those should be unique to the game.

5. Now, try running the game. Chances are good that the game won't be crashing anymore.

That's the solution that worked for me. Yours might vary, but I'm sure the other few people running the game on GNU/Linux might appreciate this. Feel free to leave your feedback or other working solutions.

brocashelm

bufs likes this post

Back to top Go down

linux - (GNU/Linux) Quick Fix for Streets of Rage Remake Empty Re: (GNU/Linux) Quick Fix for Streets of Rage Remake

Post  bufs Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:03 am

Thanks Smile
Very useful information.

Galsia

Back to top Go down