SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie?

Go down

Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie? Empty Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie?

Post  sockscap Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:25 am

I had Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 on RetroPie (rpi3b) and it worked great. I'd love to play the new v5.2, but I don't see a linux version from the "Download and Info" post. I'm just wondering, is this something we can expect in the near future?

sockscap
Galsia

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-11-29

Back to top Go down

Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie? Empty Re: Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie?

Post  Ambrevar Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:01 pm

I don't know if that'll help for RetroPie, but see my post https://sorr.forumotion.net/t858-version-5-2-for-gnu-linux-guix-package#16453.

Ambrevar
Galsia

Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie? Empty Re: Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie?

Post  sockscap Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:31 am

Does it support arm cpu?

sockscap
Galsia

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-11-29

Back to top Go down

Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie? Empty Re: Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie?

Post  danielt3 Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:53 am

sockscap wrote:Does it support arm cpu?

Unlikely! SORRv5.2 under the hood uses an engine called BennuGD. BennuGD is an opensource project, and one can port to any platform that has GCC avaliable. That doesn't make that task easy at all: the build system is hard and you'd have to build all the dependencies (which are more than a few) and you'd have to solve some problems. Doable, but laborous.

I tried to port BennuGD to the PSP myself but I got stuck and never get to the release. If I have some time, I can search some old archives and give it another try.

BTW, which platform do you have in mind (that uses an ARM CPU)?

danielt3
Galsia

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-11-30

Back to top Go down

Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie? Empty Re: Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie?

Post  sockscap Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:31 am

danielt3 wrote:
sockscap wrote:Does it support arm cpu?

Unlikely! SORRv5.2 under the hood uses an engine called BennuGD. BennuGD is an opensource project, and one can port to any platform that has GCC avaliable. That doesn't make that task easy at all: the build system is hard and you'd have to build all the dependencies (which are more than a few) and you'd have to solve some problems. Doable, but laborous.

I tried to port BennuGD to the PSP myself but I got stuck and never get to the release. If I have some time, I can search some old archives and give it another try.

BTW, which platform do you have in mind (that uses an ARM CPU)?

Raspberry Pi 3B uses an ARM CPU. If I remember correctly, I used RetroPie-Extra (github.com/zerojay/RetroPie-Extra/) to install SORRv5.1 on RetroPie and it worked great. It would be great if SORR v5.2 can work as well.

In addition, many Amlogic TV boxes can run EmuELEC (github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC). If SORR v5.2 works on Raspberry Pi, there's a chance we can run it on EmuELEC.


sockscap
Galsia

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-11-29

Back to top Go down

Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie? Empty Re: Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie?

Post  danielt3 Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:13 pm

sockscap wrote:

Raspberry Pi 3B uses an ARM CPU. If I remember correctly, I used RetroPie-Extra (github.com/zerojay/RetroPie-Extra/) to install SORRv5.1 on RetroPie and it worked great. It would be great if SORR v5.2 can work as well.

In addition, many Amlogic TV boxes can run EmuELEC (github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC). If SORR v5.2 works on Raspberry Pi, there's a chance we can run it on EmuELEC.


If you can run SORRv5.1 on RetroPie it means that someone already built the engine for raspberry pi. Then it is just a matter of setup to run v5.2.

I checked and retropie-extras just downloads a pre-compiled binary of BennuGD from github and sets it up properly. I think it is a matter of a few adjusts for this to run v5.2.

danielt3
Galsia

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-11-30

Back to top Go down

Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie? Empty Re: Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie?

Post  sockscap Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:18 pm

danielt3 wrote:
sockscap wrote:

Raspberry Pi 3B uses an ARM CPU. If I remember correctly, I used RetroPie-Extra (github.com/zerojay/RetroPie-Extra/) to install SORRv5.1 on RetroPie and it worked great. It would be great if SORR v5.2 can work as well.

In addition, many Amlogic TV boxes can run EmuELEC (github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC). If SORR v5.2 works on Raspberry Pi, there's a chance we can run it on EmuELEC.


If you can run SORRv5.1 on RetroPie it means that someone already built the engine for raspberry pi. Then it is just a matter of setup to run v5.2.

I checked and retropie-extras just downloads a pre-compiled binary of BennuGD from github and sets it up properly. I think it is a matter of a few adjusts for this to run v5.2.

Indeed. I manully replace the game content from the v5.2 rar file. The game can load successfully. Thanks for the suggestion. Smile

sockscap
Galsia

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-11-29

Back to top Go down

Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie? Empty Re: Linux version of Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 for RetroPie?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum