SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19**

+10
William Assunção
Charco
TheWolfe
bazzza
BigDarsh
Don Vecta
LucasHB
Lithium Flower
Manicmagnet
Augmented Antics
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19** Empty SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19**

Post  Augmented Antics Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:14 pm

SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19** Title_zpsf1mlgabn

SoR4: Rage in Time has FINALLY been updated to v5.1 standards!

This update not only optimizes this mod to use v5.1 features, it is also a massive overhaul in attempts to make it more modern and polished.

For the uninitiated, this is a conversion/tribute of TMNT4: Turtles In Time from an SOR perspective.  However, it's not entirely limited to just that one game.  It also contains elements from other Turtles games, as well as creative stretching to mix things up a little bit.

This mod was one of the first to dabble into game mashing, beginning life as a simple "can I do this in SORMaker" experiment.  While influential for its time, it has shown its age over the years, lacking many of the new improvements the community has recently discovered and implemented into their own mods.  However, the new 3.0 update for Rage in Time seeks to breathe life back into this shell-shocking campaign.

Version 3.0 Update
--Enemies now use a custom palette set suited exclusively to this mod
--Contains a "data" folder with visual and audio modifications that further enhance this mod's experience
--While minimalistic (the original game had the same "issue", anyway), this mod now contains more cutscenes that tell the story, with a few being fully animated. It actually has a proper ending, now!
--Fixes some issues/personal gripes that were left in the mod from earlier updates, such as a few enemy/item placements and graphical annoyances
--Takes advantage of the new features exclusive to v5.1 (obviously)
--(Minor update) Fixed naming and palette inconsistencies
--(Minor-ish update) Attempt to counter game-breaker in Neon Night Riders where enemies may get stuck offscreen if thrown a particular way by re-positioning camera locks and enemy placements
--(Minor update) Added some alternate routes for earlier points of the game
--(Minor-ish update) Fixed game ender when fighting Rudra/Tatsuko
--(Minor update) Corrected some cutscenes
--(Minor update) Made the enemy group battle on Stage 3 less annoying
--(Minor update) Tweaked enemy placement a little more

Version 2.1 Update
--Changed a few enemy placements but nothing major
--Fixed some oversights left behind while doing the more major changes previously (hate when that happens); some oversights include a game-breaker in the arcade where an enemy may get stuck offscreen, and a missing alternate route on Stage 4
--Took some suggestions/criticisms into consideration for a few areas of the game

Version 2.0 Update
--Some cosmetic and changes and improvements
--Difficulty rebalancing, more so with enemy placement (mainly in places where the difficulty was up, down, and all around, especially on the outdoor stage of Stage 7 with the surprise gangbang at the beginning; also added items in places where they're needed most)
--Removed and edited some unneeded/unnecessary assets for smoother pacing; one such asset removed was the "virtual reality" hallway in Stage 3 because it just felt like it didn't need to be there, so the "No Entry" door just goes straight to the 4 Mona/Lisa/Yasha/Onihimes; also taking this path actually ends up in a different part of the game, unlike before where all paths in Stage 3 went to the same stage ending)

Things to be found in this mod:
----Compressed to 36 megs; decompresses to around 50 megs
--You can follow the TMNT4 "story" or deviate into Hyperstone Heist stages (but will still end up following TMNT4 afterwards); also included are some stages from the 1989 arcade game.  Some stages, however, were compacted into single stages for pacing and to keep everything under 8 total stages.
--All appropriate music for their respective stages.

Other than that, I'd say this turned out pretty well.  However, should you uncover any bugs or irregularities in general, report them to me, and I shall deal with it ASAP.  

Also, HUGE thanks to Don Vecta for providing me with the v5 resources that allowed me to further enhance the presentation of this mod.

Get the mod here: OneDrive

If that doesn't work for you: Dropbox
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Screens:
SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19** Screen1_zpsfe3osehc

SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19** Screen2_zpsbrcuedqd

SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19** Screen3_zpslhevduam

SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19** Screen4_zpsmnnjbcf5

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some videos of people playing it (these are playthroughs of older versions, though):

Last edited by Augmented Antics on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:29 am; edited 25 times in total (Reason for editing : Update announcement)
Augmented Antics
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19** Empty Re: SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19**

Post  Manicmagnet Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:36 am

Nice mod, I'm going to have to review this one after Operation Nightsweeper,

By the way I made a mod that uses a similar purple creature fight in that same cave style map.

And I have a fight in the yellow Shredder fight as well. I put the levels together myself so their all custom, but I thought it was funny that we happen to both have the same idea for that cave scene, haha. Smile

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19** Empty Re: SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19**

Post  Lithium Flower Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Didn't think you made SoR mods, thanks for the release.

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Manicmagnet Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Yeah I'm fairly new as of august. I was a lurker on the old site and basically just looked into tutorials and what not until I joined the forum community officially, and announced I was going to make a mod.

Well a lot happened in between august and november so by that time I had set a release date for my next mod (which was late again anyway lol.) I put out a 39 scene Nostalgia mess of scenes from a huge selection of games, but I made a story for it, I just haven't written all that out yet.

Once I thought I had the scenes, fights, and layout for levels done, I was going to release. I still need help with music selection, layer fixing on levels, and adding a bunch more cinematics to the game.

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  LucasHB Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:33 am

A great mod! One of the first to experiment with game mashing in the old forum, and probably the most fun! A love letter to the old Ninja Turtles games, up to the sound effects.

Rating: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven (our of 5).

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Okay, this might be the most horrible attempt to do necromancy... but then again, I could use some fresh links from this mod since the ones posted are deader than Marilyn Manson's rock.

If someone who still have this great mod could re-upload it in an easier to get site (Dropbox, Sendspace, MEGA, etc.) I'd truly appreciate it! :3

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:33 am

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:23 am

BigDarsh wrote:I like necromancy and Konami's  TMNT. geek geek
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=2F2933F59569E458!161&cid=2F2933F59569E458&group=0

And today's awesomeness award goes to... cheers

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:01 pm

This is still an awesome mod 4 years on with a great amount of detail in it, still feels like the turtles while being streets of rage great going. If I have one issue this could done with being updated for 5.1 there little things in that need updating.

bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:08 am

Word. This mod, despite being quite old, is still highly relevant even after so many years. Replayed it recently and is still solid, doesn't feel too outdated (compared with the new v5.1 patches) and it's still fun, with tons of extra features and routes.

Definitely, this mod would be quite highlighted if used some v5.1 features... like the breakable items (that could be some background props used in the TMNT arcade and SNES, like the circus props, the parking meters, the fire hydrant, etc.), hope Deus could read the mod and try a quick upgrade. Smile

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:52 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Word. This mod, despite being quite old, is still highly relevant even after so many years. Replayed it  recently and is still solid, doesn't feel too outdated (compared with the new v5.1 patches) and it's still fun, with tons of extra features and routes.

Definitely, this mod would be quite highlighted if used some v5.1 features... like the breakable items (that could be some background props used in the TMNT arcade and SNES, like the circus props, the parking meters, the fire hydrant, etc.), hope Deus could read the mod and try a quick upgrade. Smile

I could of worded what I said better sorry, but yeah you are right this does not feel as outdated as some of the other mods pre 5.1. One thing like level 2 in the video there was loads of extra points and lives, I think that was to compensate for the police bug. But it would be outstanding to have some of the 5.1 features in it as you said Donnie the breakable would be good. This is in my top 5 mods still just because of the sheer amount of fun it pack, thank you Deus for this mod and hope you read this.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWolfe Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:44 pm

I definitely agree with you guys. This mod still holds up very well, even in the face of recent works of Golden Rage, H.U.N.T.E.R., and Adam's Story. Each area is translated well with minimal hiccups and the stage pacing is done really well, with the only big issue is that you may get overwhelmed easier in the early game if you're not paying attention.

Design wise, there aren't too many deviations from the original TMNT beat-em-ups, but the few that are there (such as the Mr. X mountain in the Prehistoric stage) are a nice touch. I also appreciate putting in the Genesis stages from Hyperstone Heist, and I especially loved how Deus incorporated the Shredder hideout stages into the mod theme.

It might 'feel' outdated, since this mod (as well as Deus' earlier work Final Rage) don't have any special palettes, sound effects, or additional touches that are now the norm in SoRMaker mods, especially the v5.1 effects such as breakable items or ending cutscenes. Honestly, it doesn't detract from the mod's enjoyment at all, but it's still worth nothing should Deus ever return to the SoRR scene as well as anyone else getting into this for the first time.

Speaking of updates, I've been working a pet project that should compliment this mod quite nicely. It's nothing too elaborate, but I think it'll give it a new lease on life. Very Happy
TheWolfe
TheWolfe
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:27 am

TheWolfe wrote:
Speaking of updates, I've been working a pet project that should compliment this mod quite nicely. It's nothing too elaborate, but I think it'll give it a new lease on life. Very Happy

Oh? looking forward to it.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Augmented Antics Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:22 pm

So, I decided to pop in and see how things were going, and I'm surprised that people appreciate this mod as much as they do despite how it's one of the earliest ones ever created.

Yes, I am aware that 5.1 is out and that this mod could use a definite update. I actually spent a little while after obtaining 5.1 messing around with all the new features before trying anything substantial (like breakable objects), and I wanted to use what I learned to start new mods before going back and revisiting them. Problem is, with one of the mods I was working on, I experienced a case of designer's block with one of the stages (if only SORMaker could allow you to make motorcycle stages...). However, if I ever get over that, I'll post stuff about the new mods before revisiting my older works. I may be real busy with other things over the next few months, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to show them off. But, hopefully, I'll be coming back into making and presenting mods very soon. Keep a look out!
Augmented Antics
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Glad to hear it, looking forward to seeing your work!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWolfe Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:28 pm

It's great seeing you back! I can't wait to hear about your upcoming projects. Smile
TheWolfe
TheWolfe
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:12 pm

I didn't add any input since now because the very fact I still had this tribute on my computer and sharing it with people is more than enough to tell how I feel about this mod. But since the author is back in the community, I'm in the mood to give my 2 cents. SoR4 Rage in Time is Augmented Antic's best work so far. Both visually speaking and battle wise, everything fits. Even though several games have been mixed up, nothing is shocking to the eye, it feels like an harmony has been created between several turtle games to make something very consistant. This mod is polished regarding the gameplay too which is something Final Rage and Final Rage trilogy fail a bit to handle.

SoR4 Rage in Time is just one of the best mod of the early aera of SoRMaker along with few other title like the famous. Way of The Warrior. Can't wait to see your next work and if you update this game, I hope there will be some iconic sound effect from the turtle game (actually, I've made a sound pack with Konami's TMNT Series SE for my personal use, but since most people don't use custom sound effects, I just keep it for myself geek . )

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Augmented Antics wrote:Problem is, with one of the mods I was working on, I experienced a case of designer's block with one of the stages  (if only SORMaker could allow you to make motorcycle stages...).

Been there, done that. Tons of times actually. Not a pretty thing for creative people when you reach a block and eventually lose momentum.

Regardless, hope this is inspirational enough to get you back in track. Looking forward to your next project. Very Happy

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Augmented Antics Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Yeah, it sucks because I was on good pace to have the mod done before the end of June. However, that one stage that I was stuck on completely killed my momentum and the mod was sitting off to the side all this time until I figured out what to do. I don't want to do anything lame, like having the player just walk down the street and beat up bikers along the way. But at the same time, I don't want to cut the stage out since it is supposed to be a pivotal moment from the original game the mod is based on. Hell, I tried everything I could think of to keep the original spirit of the stage while working within SORMaker's limitations. Sadly, everything I try turns out to be too ambitious for SORMaker and things either glitch out or simply don't work the way I need things to. I may end up making it a cutscene or something, because I'm excited to finish and release it and I don't want this stupid stage holding me back for too long.

In related news, I am working on another mod aside from that which will probably be one of the most unexpected mods anyone will ever see. Funny thing about that mod is that I started working on it back in early 2013, but left that alone completely all this time. I may either release a demo to get people's thoughts on it or wait until it's finished just to have it done.
Augmented Antics
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

SoR4: Rage in Time 3.0 **Update Feb 19** Empty SoR4 Updated!

Post  Augmented Antics Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:32 pm

SoR4: Rage in Time has now been officially updated to v5.1 standards! Read up and see what's going down in this town in the original post.
Augmented Antics
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:51 pm

I guess now we know what's Papa gonna play and record tonight... downloading. Twisted Evil

EDIT: Oh... and I *just* did! The normal arcade route. Later will do the other alternate routes as well. Razz

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:45 am

FUCK YEAH!!!!! came back after not being here for a while, and one of the all time greatest SORR MOD's gets and update. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . Thank you Augmented Antics I love you downloading now.

Alternate link if anyone cares.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwz9M4z5ZWtPM2FieWU4WGY2SE0/view?usp=sharing
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Second walkthrough, this time another route at the beginning including the Street Fighter bonus stage and the alternate Technodrome. I'm using Shiva-3, which I have basically no experience, but I still manage to beat the game.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:05 pm

This video is the updated version of this mod, taking I thing every alternative route. Playing on maina with Electra.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Augmented Antics Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:03 am

That one's slightly more outdated, though. I've updated it quite a few times in the past day, so the links that are there now should be the most up-to-date versions.
Augmented Antics
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next