SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V4 Remake and Bonus Mini-Mod Rudra's Story

+25
Puzirkov
Maria Lourenço
Blackblade34
vince
mariocanales
celestinx
scalliano
Security
KFCutman
bazzza
SORDave
William Assunção
LaGsDAI92
Break
Mr.Din
Shiva
iceweb38
bufs
HeroBorn
Don Vecta
Shadow Fist King
BigDarsh
LucasHB
Charco
29 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

V4 Remake and Bonus Mini-Mod Rudra's Story Empty V4 Remake and Bonus Mini-Mod Rudra's Story

Post  Charco Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:24 pm

So, here it is! Have you ever wondered what it would be like to relive SorR v4 with the v5 engine? Or have you never played SorR v4? Well, now is your chance!

V4 Remake and Bonus Mini-Mod Rudra's Story NYMtn

Description:
-8 stages - all remade and with additional layers, ambient sounds etc.
-New cutscenes between stages in the original v4 style that flesh out the story of v4
-Enemy placement accurate to v4 Normal mode - Now you get to actually fight Rudra!
-Scaled for all difficulties (additional enemies added for 2 players, V. Hard and Mania mode)
-Original v4 music for all scenes
-Alternate routes
-2 endings
-includes full route map created by Sixfortyfive

Videos
Mania playthrough by realnabarl:

2p solo mania playthrough by CajNatalie:

1p with cpu friend mania playthrough by chanwa1522:

Firedrop: https://firedrop.com/cc7d02ebdab25f6b

Bonus Mini-Mod!

V4 Remake and Bonus Mini-Mod Rudra's Story 843200title

Ever wondered why Rudra ambushed the heroes' helicopter in v4? What was her involvement in The Syndicate and how did it come to pass in v5 that Mr. X had kidnapped her sister? Well, now you can find out!  Team up with a friend as Elle in an original mini-mod consisting of 3 stages, including the original v4 Snowy Mountain stage and the v4 Survival stage!

* Please use the included twins.pal file in your v5 palette/enemies folder for this mod.

Videos
Mania playthrough by realnabarl:

2p solo mania playthrough by CajNatalie:

Playthrough by jazdab28

Firedrop (Not Working): https://firedrop.com/9366d59bb2e3cb3a

Alternate Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZYEGGzVbDGZD_aMBs56ou9D0AkH3aL2p/view

Last edited by Charco on Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:54 pm; edited 4 times in total

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

V4 Remake and Bonus Mini-Mod Rudra's Story Empty Re: V4 Remake and Bonus Mini-Mod Rudra's Story

Post  6566328 Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:29 am

Signal

Back to top Go down

V4 Remake and Bonus Mini-Mod Rudra's Story Empty Re: V4 Remake and Bonus Mini-Mod Rudra's Story

Post  Charco Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:25 am

Cool, thanks Very Happy

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LucasHB Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:36 am

I liked SOR Remake V4. It was not perfect, but there were things I liked, some of them even more than what ended up in V5 (not a lot, but...). So, it was nice to revisit V4 but with the dynamics and playability of V5. So, thanks, Charco! And it also comes with the great mini-mod about Rudra, which I consider canon.

Rating: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven (out of 5).

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:31 pm

Glad you liked it! Make sure to play the final version with all the breakable exits etc, adds to the mod imo.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:57 am

I've played a lot the v1.4 of your mod last year and tried your patch for v5.0a yesterday.

It's really neat, especially the one that lead to the sor2 stadium elevator. I was really surprised as I never play SoRRV4.
And as said before, Rudra Story definitly deserve an extended version since it's cool and I consider it canon too Wink
(No Request inside this message lol).
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:34 am

Thanks BigDarsh! Really glad you are still enjoying the mod, I am very happy with the final version as it has all the finishing touches I had wanted, I still play it too every once in a while!

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:56 pm

Downloading this as soon as I get home from work today. Can't wait to see how this has been updated from the original v.4! :-D

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:14 pm

It's a shame you didn't use the latest version of the mod, which has been improved a lot. Great run, though. You're a good player. Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Oh god yes, I spent too much time making improvements to have people playing that old gimped version. My favourite update must be when the characters physically destroy the bomb at the end if you take the train route.:-)

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:41 am

Don Vecta wrote:
It's a shame you didn't use the latest version of the mod, which has been improved a lot. Great run, though. You're a good player. Smile
Thank you Don Vecta,I will pay attention next time, and a little more difficult this MOD

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:07 am

Charco wrote:Oh god yes, I spent too much time making improvements to have people playing that old gimped version. My favourite update must be when the characters physically destroy the bomb at the end if you take the train route.:-)
you are great!I promise to play the new version next

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Well now, what to say...I give this mod 4.5 stars out of 5 (due to a few little strafing glitches I noticed here and there)...but basically, this is what the original v.4 should have been like, for real!

Also, the background and overall stages look so very well done (kudos for the beach stage in particular).

I'm going to play back through this the next time I play, to check out the paths I didn't take. Awesome!

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:06 am

Thanks very much! Really glad you enjoyed the mod :-)

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Shadow Fist King wrote:I'm going to play back through this the next time I play, to check out the paths I didn't take. Awesome!
Well, I did a second play-through last night, taking the paths I didn't take the first time around (still got to fight Rudra!). Unfortunately, after beating Shiva and disarming the bomb, it played out like the worst ending (if memory serves correctly, in the original V4, beating SUPER Shiva resulted in the BEST ending). Ah, well, lessons learned there!

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:35 pm

I did a re-run myself the night before yesterday and it reminded me how hard it was... gee! I guess I put too much chili pepper to the Mania myself, lol!Razz 

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Well if you found my mod tough on mania Don then I don't think I will ever attempt it! Razz 

I am glad you guys are re-playing the mod with the new tweaks. I mst play it again as I haven't done so in ages Smile 

Did you like the new touches I added?

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Charco wrote:Well if you found my mod tough on mania Don then I don't think I will ever attempt it! Razz 

I am glad you guys are re-playing the mod with the new tweaks. I mst play it again as I haven't done so in ages Smile 

Did you like the new touches I added?
Didn't I mention them? I love them! Everything visually enhanced to v5.0a was simply perfect! Was definitely worth replaying.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Not sure if it was mentioned, but was any similar re-tweaking done to Rudra's side-story? I haven't played it yet since I downloaded it, but I'm gonna play it tonight after I get home.

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:48 pm

I didn't have anything to tweaking Rudra's Story, I was really happy with how that turned out.

I did add more animated layers to Entertainment Street in the main mod that I could have implemented to the fpg of the same stage in Rudra's Story, but I was too lazy Razz 

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:54 am

Okay, just finished playing Rudra's side story. Since her story takes place at roughly the same time as the events of v4, I'm figuring that, in order for it to fit into continuity, v4 could possibly be fitted as a prequel to v5. After all, why else would Rudra in v5 fight the heroes in her bamboo/grass stage and then say "I am not your enemy"?

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:21 am

Shadow Fist King wrote:Okay, just finished playing Rudra's side story. Since her story takes place at roughly the same time as the events of v4, I'm figuring that, in order for it to fit into continuity, v4 could possibly be fitted as a prequel to v5. After all, why else would Rudra in v5 fight the heroes in her bamboo/grass stage and then say "I am not your enemy"?
Sure. At the end of Rudra's Story/V4 Remake, Mr. X has kidnapped Rudra's sister and blackmailed her into working for him if she ever wants to see her again. In V5, she finds out her location and saves her in Rudra's ending.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeroBorn Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:13 am

Of course I had to download this. V4 with the V5 engine...YES! I have yet to play Rudra's Story mini mod.
HeroBorn
HeroBorn
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next