SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoRR for RetroPie (on a Raspberry Pi 3 computer)

+2
mythias
Dochartaigh
6 posters

Go down

SoRR for RetroPie (on a Raspberry Pi 3 computer) Empty SoRR for RetroPie (on a Raspberry Pi 3 computer)

Post  Dochartaigh Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:52 pm

Hope this is the right place to post this - I found only one reference to RetroPie on this forum where it said to post on their forums...but the person who ported SoRR to the Raspberry Pi hasn't been online there since July so I thought I'd try here...

I'm running SoRR on a Raspberry Pi 3 computer running RetroPie 4.1. SoRR is up and running under the Ports menu, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to save, and load a save game. I have a random save game created at the very first scene of the game....which the game boots into automatically when I launch it from RetroPie's Ports menu, but that's it...and I don't know how that save even got there.

Can anyone please tell me:

1.) How to save?
2.) How to restore a save game?
3.) Is there only 1 save game slot?
4.) Can you save at any point?

I was told on a PC you hit F12 to save, which I tried on my Raspberry Pi's keyboard (two of them), but that just exits out of the program (which is good to know because the normal hotkeys of Select+Save or Esc to exit don't work in SoRR!). Thank you in advance!

Dochartaigh

Back to top Go down

SoRR for RetroPie (on a Raspberry Pi 3 computer) Empty Saving & Loading Saves On The Pi

Post  mythias Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:22 am

If you haven't figure it out yet, here is a video I come across last night about this. I was wondering the same. I assume it works the same way on this game. I haven't had a chance to try the game yet, so I can't say for sure.

BTW, just got a message saying I can't post links for 7 days because I am new here. So just search YouTube for this title: Retropie How To Save And Load Game States Raspberry Pi 1 2 3 Or Zero

The channel name will be ETA Prime.
mythias
mythias

http://sanctifier.net/

Back to top Go down

SoRR for RetroPie (on a Raspberry Pi 3 computer) Empty Re: SoRR for RetroPie (on a Raspberry Pi 3 computer)

Post  LucasHB Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:34 am

Hey, there. I just got a Raspberry Pi, and I'm running Recalbox instead of Retropie. Do you guys know if it's the same to emulate SORR in that? Please help me, I literally got the thing last week, still figuring it out.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

SoRR for RetroPie (on a Raspberry Pi 3 computer) Empty Re: SoRR for RetroPie (on a Raspberry Pi 3 computer)

Post  Sshadow5001 Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:23 pm

I got my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B on the 10th and got the game running Very Happy now I can bring it with me to friends houses for some couch coop Very Happy

there does seem to be a little bit of screen tearing though.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  LucasHB Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:26 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:I got my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B on the 10th and got the game running Very Happy now I can bring it with me to friends houses for some couch coop Very Happy

there does seem to be a little bit of screen tearing though.

OK, but how did you do it? Do you use Recalbox or Retropie? I'm getting my arse kicked, since I'm no programmer, and to mess around with this Raspberry Pi is not that easy!

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:50 am

I'm using RetroPie4.1. I used this video as a guide on how to do it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNDYIUfMiDI
he is using 3.6 so some of the things are slightly different but not to difficult to figure out

I did have to get Superuser privileges on my Pi so I could transfer the game over to the Pi, I used WinSCP to transfer the game files.

Some notes that might be important when using SoRR on Pi. It doesn't like using Vsync or 2x resolution. when i set the game to either of these it caused the game and/or Pi to crash. if you are transferring the save over to the Pi be sure to make sure these are set to normal or off, also it's probably best to set the controls to keyboard before copying the save over and setting up the controller after.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Back to top Go down

SoRR for RetroPie (on a Raspberry Pi 3 computer) Empty Exiting

Post  fourleggedostrich Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Anyone know how to get the Exit menu option on the Pi version? If I set the version to PSP, it has exit, but no 2 player. If I set it to PC, it has 2 player but no exit.

fourleggedostrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:14 pm

fourleggedostrich wrote:Anyone know how to get the Exit menu option on the Pi version? If I set the version to PSP, it has exit, but no 2 player. If I set it to PC, it has 2 player but no exit.

if i want to quit the game I have to press escape on the press start menu
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  wriggle Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:if i want to quit the game I have to press escape on the press start menu
I'm not sure it's that simple. I don't have a Raspberry Pi yet but PC game speaking when I use a gamepad to play SoRR I still have to hit escape on keyboard to exit the game. Because the game doesn't close no matter which button is pressed on gamepad during start menu. Doubtful
wriggle
wriggle
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down