SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Mania run for the complete ending.

2 posters

Go down

My Mania run for the complete ending. Empty My Mania run for the complete ending.

Post  Security Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFgDmyr3bQc

Check this out. Comments welcome.
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

My Mania run for the complete ending. Empty Re: My Mania run for the complete ending.

Post  WillyTheSquid Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:42 pm

Congrats, still (not) looking forward to having to do a mania run for that ending myself. Gonna give it a look-over.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

My Mania run for the complete ending. Empty Re: My Mania run for the complete ending.

Post  WillyTheSquid Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:17 pm

Notes:

You missed a few extra lives. SoR2 route, immediately after game starts go bottom left an pick up a life behind the trash can. After exiting stage2 truck, top left behind truck cab is another one. Stage3 amusement park has another one under Vehelits (slightly left of center bottom, behind foreground).

Good use of specials in general. Quick reflexes too.

Seeing some nice (back) grabs and your use of the slide is well-executed (again, good reflexes). Did you know you can follow up the choke grab with the forward special for massive damage?

And you're real good with those metal pipes. SoR1 weapon style, right?

Pwnd by Barbon because of premature police use then missing the chicken. Yeah, I LOL'd.

The way you are fighting Jet2 is very risky. Try using neutral jump attacks when he goes in for the horizontal punch, and roll up/down when he rises for the dive kick. Way easier.

I started noticing around stage 3 that you tend to run ahead and let all the enemies spawn at once. You don't have to do that. I tend to take things as few enemies at a time as I can by inching forward slowly. You'll find that that makes the SoR2 route a lot more manageable, trust me.

Stage 4, bridge level. Some very avoidable deaths there silent
Nice handling of the bosses though.

Stage 5, ship. You messed up that first batch of kickboxers and most of the Hakuyo enemies real good.

Stage 6, factory. Calling police while standing under a crusher trap... clown
You did well against the robot armor boss -- but you can do better. His pattern is extremely simple and he can be locked into it if you exploit his forced circular movement. Stand slightly above the bottom or below the top of the circle and smack him when he comes around, then roll up/down to switch position. Then smack him again. Repeat. This way he won't even use most of his attacks and you won't have to get messy with his retaliation/recovery pattern (which is a bit more difficult to get down).

Stage 7, elevator. Stick to the top op the screen, it's dangerous with all those punkers around who love to throw you overboard.
Stage 7, indoors. Here the sound starts to desync noticeably from the visuals. Probably an encoding issue.
Shiva fight: rolling will save you from his recovery jumpkick more often than sliding away will.

Stage 8, highrise lounge. A nearly-flawless Abadede takedown for the third time in this playthrough. Well done, sir. It's like you can predict exactly where he's going to be at any given time and blitz-2 him. Very nice work and definitely something I can stand to learn a few things from.
Final battle: DAMN, SON. X got PWNED. Twisted Evil

General notes:
1. Weapon use... you seem to go for weapons like bottles, knives, guns a lot and it's not doing Max any favors. Swords and sticks and bats are what you work well with, skip the rest. I can see why you would want to get knives etc. out of play to prevent enemies from grabbing them, but if there are no enemies around just toss 'em. Bottles can't be used against you and pepper spray is worthless. The uzi isn't really working considering Max has so many invincible frames in his moveset and his attacks hit more than one enemy. Skip.

2. As mentioned earlier on... slow down a bit when moving forward, so you fight less enemies at a time. Unless you like going all-out balls-to-the-wall all the time and only fight huge mobs.

Thanks for uploading your vid. I definitely enjoyed watching you play. Do you main any other characters?

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:39 pm

Thanks for the reply and the analysis, you are correct on everything! I am not highly skilled though, still learning, i am just barely able to do interesting mania runs, not like others here who are at the top! Besides in most mods, i do spend 1 continue (maybe both)!

I always use max for mania. I also use Mr.X and Shiva (sor 2 version) a lot, but not past Hard or very hard and this, quite much strained. For generic fun and normal mode, i use Electra! Mods that are very hard, like the Sor2 collection mega drive route, i use Max with Mr.X computer controlled (he has enough endurance to draw the attention of enemies until i slam them down and his machine gun is always useful to temporarily stop them in their tracks)!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down