SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finished Mania mode but with the wrong ending?!

3 posters

Go down

Finished Mania mode but with the wrong ending?! Empty Finished Mania mode but with the wrong ending?!

Post  Rocketeer Raccoon Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:58 pm

I'm not really sure what happened but I was playing the Mania difficulty mode as Max on the SoR2 route, on version 5.2 of course, and I gotten to the final part on the elevator going up to Mr. X, I beat him, gotten the trophy for beating the game on Mania difficulty, but the game however instead gave me the wrong ending, the normal ending...

I'm honestly not sure what happened and I'm still confused about this, I mean I'll admit I was reloading from a save state but surely it can't be true that reloading from a save state on the last level can affect what ending you get? Like can anyone confirm this?
Rocketeer Raccoon
Rocketeer Raccoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Finished Mania mode but with the wrong ending?! Empty Re: Finished Mania mode but with the wrong ending?!

Post  Gettoru Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:40 pm

If I remember correctly, to get the Maniaending you gotta do it in one go, no savestates at all. But you can use a CPU partner to help you out at least.

Galsia

Rocketeer Raccoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Finished Mania mode but with the wrong ending?! Empty Re: Finished Mania mode but with the wrong ending?!

Post  bareknuckleroo Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:07 pm

If you Alt-F4 out of the game midway through or the game crashes (I've never had this happen to me but if your computer turns off because of a power failure this would happen too) and you restart the game you'll replay where you left off using a "Savestate" that the game makes at the start of each level. However, if you happen to use one of these it disables Mania's special ending.

So yeah, as Gettoru said, you gotta do Mania mode all in one sitting, and with ALL CHEATS DISABLED. This includes cheats that are purely cosmetic in nature or ones that make the game harder like double bosses. I can't remember if using a CPU partner also disables the Mania ending or not, sorry.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gettoru Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:50 pm

bareknuckleroo wrote:[...] If your computer turns off because of a power failure [...] and you restart the game you'll replay where you left off using a "Savestate" that the game makes at the start of each level. However, if you happen to use one of these it disables Mania's special ending.

The power went off over here last night while I was trying for the Mania ending, so I can personally (and begrudgingly) confirm that.

bareknuckleroo wrote:I can't remember if using a CPU partner also disables the Mania ending or not, sorry.

It doesn't, I used it myself after the power came back, Max bulldozed through the bosses, it was great. Very Happy
On that note, using continues (at least from the CPU partner) won't disable the Mania ending either.

Galsia

bareknuckleroo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:46 pm

Gettoru wrote:power went off over here last night while I was trying for the Mania ending, so I can personally (and begrudgingly) confirm that.

That sucks, sorry. Sad

On that note, using continues (at least from the CPU partner) won't disable the Mania ending either.

Yeah, this is definitely true, you don't have to beat Mania without continues to get the special ending, you're allowed to use the continues.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Gettoru likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down