SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage 3 Ultimate Mod for V5

+18
kelgar
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
wriggle
dhoppler
Saven
Mr.Din
Charco
William Assunção
scalliano
DarkThief
JoyJoyfulRabbit
celestinx
KOManiacJim
Tanner123
DamianD
Tarma
bazzza
Security
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ultimate Mod - Streets of Rage 3 Ultimate Mod for V5 Empty Streets of Rage 3 Ultimate Mod for V5

Post  Guest Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Deleted

Last edited by CajNatalie on Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:23 am; edited 9 times in total

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Mod - Streets of Rage 3 Ultimate Mod for V5 Empty Re: Streets of Rage 3 Ultimate Mod for V5

Post  Security Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Thanks, much appreciated! Wait was really worth it! A hug for your efforts, *mwah*!

Time to sink into this great mod! Right now!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Mod - Streets of Rage 3 Ultimate Mod for V5 Empty Re: Streets of Rage 3 Ultimate Mod for V5

Post  Guest Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Security wrote:Thanks, much appreciated! Wait was really worth it! A hug for your efforts, *mwah*!

This should be many times worth the wait. Very Happy
Next mod I work on will have the character edits done first so I don't leave it hanging at 99%.

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:23 pm

CajNatalie wrote:
Security wrote:Thanks, much appreciated! Wait was really worth it! A hug for your efforts, *mwah*!

This should be many times worth the wait. Very Happy
Next mod I work on will have the character edits done first so I don't leave it hanging at 99%.

You little beauty CajNatalie thank you thank you thank you. Downloading now.... except some terrible video uploads soon> Razz
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Great! Thank you very much, I am downloading it! cheers
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  DamianD Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:48 pm

Downloading now so excited thanks so much Cajnatalie and everyone who helped you.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanner123 Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:14 pm

Hiya there.
I actually plan on making a 'meh'ish sort of mod, Streets of Rage 4 (of course it's basically going to be old levels from the original games with a twist and use the old soundtrack), but what sounds in the data files are the ones applied to the Shiva enemy? I want to know so I can just have the Break bot functioning w/ sounds and not the other stuff.

Tanner123

Back to top Go down

Post  KOManiacJim Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:58 pm

Greetings and I would just like to say how epic the trilogy had become thanks to the developers of this mod series and many others. Though if I had to add in a subtitle to the title to the collections of games you have made then I would call it "Ultimate Streets Of Rage Trilogy: The Race against Time." Or alternately " ベアナックルトリロジー:時間との戦い "

I just figured that I should let you know how great a job you have done. Smile

KOManiacJim
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:40 am

Fantastic collection mod for SOR3, I have yet to play all the modes, but, i started with the Japanese route.
It's amazing.

The three collection mods have so much attention to detail and this one goes that step more by adding Brek and dong all the painstaking character editing. I have a lot more playing to-do before I can come back to praise this mod some more. I love you Cool
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  DamianD Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:14 am

I was looking through the fpg files in the data folder that comes with this and noticed a shotgun and flamethrower are these weapons that weren't added or is there a way too use them ?

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:51 pm

Tanner123 wrote:Hiya there.
I actually plan on making a 'meh'ish sort of mod, Streets of Rage 4 (of course it's basically going to be old levels from the original games with a twist and use the old soundtrack), but what sounds in the data files are the ones applied to the Shiva enemy? I want to know so I can just have the Break bot functioning w/ sounds and not the other stuff.
It's been so long I don't remember the specific files.
'sev' files are 'Sound Effect VOICE', so flick through those until you get Axel ones, then just do some testing to make sure you didn't get an actual Axel file. The one that's in the folder 'for Shiva players' is the filename used by Shiva2's "HAYAAH" flying kick.

DamianD wrote:I was looking through the fpg files in the data folder that comes with this and noticed a shotgun and flamethrower are these weapons that weren't added or is there a way too use them ?
Those are just in the V5 fpgs and unused. A lot of things are left in V5's dat... nobody did any housecleaning so don't get your hopes up when you find stuff. It's just there but can't be used. XD

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:50 pm

I prefer the music tracks from the Casual route. But I have enjoyed both routes a lot. Now for the other parts.
Really loving this mod, a lot of replay value. Even more so than the original!

By the way here is a mirror Link: https://firedrop.com/ad9789ad2cfd48b1139783bea3a93fef

The mod has been added to the completed mods list.
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:03 pm

Did a casual run on Mania with Max! Very nice! Thanks for the hard work!

Now i will do a Hardcore run on normal, probably with Shiva or Mr.X! This thing is awesome!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanner123 Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:36 pm

CajNatalie wrote:
Tanner123 wrote:Hiya there.
It's been so long I don't remember the specific files.
'sev' files are 'Sound Effect VOICE', so flick through those until you get Axel ones, then just do some testing to make sure you didn't get an actual Axel file. The one that's in the folder 'for Shiva players' is the filename used by Shiva2's "HAYAAH" flying kick.
Ah okay. Thank you.

Tanner123

Back to top Go down

Post  DamianD Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:53 pm

CajNatalie wrote:Those are just in the V5 fpgs and unused. A lot of things are left in V5's dat... nobody did any housecleaning so don't get your hopes up when you find stuff. It's just there but can't be used. XD

That's too bad but I figured that's what it was would have loved too use the flamethrower lol. Anyways I played most of the mod and it is amazing thanks again for all the work you did.

I have been playing with fpg edit and made an image of what it might have looked like if the flamethrower was useable I replaced the plank.
Ultimate Mod - Streets of Rage 3 Ultimate Mod for V5 D5571a3cd7

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:26 am

Can i ask one question, please? The stage of the ninja headquarters, with the secret rooms... I see THREE arrows to a hidden room, yet i can enter only TWO... The behind (blue) wall one and the behind pink panel, which breaks after punch. How can i enter the third indicated room, please? Or rather, is there a third secret room, or there flashes one extra directional arrow without use?

Also, i have beaten all modes and it is really beautiful, thanks again for the treat! Wonderful job, kat!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Security wrote:Can i ask one question, please? The stage of the ninja headquarters, with the secret rooms... I see THREE arrows to a hidden room, yet i can enter only TWO... The behind (blue) wall one and the behind pink panel, which breaks after punch. How can i enter the third indicated room, please? Or rather, is there a third secret room, or there flashes one extra directional arrow without use?

Also, i have beaten all modes and it is really beautiful, thanks again for the treat! Wonderful job, kat!
Look at the floor it's pointing to... it's slightly broken. Also notice how you can't seem to walk over it during the select screen. Razz
Walk down on the left or right side of it, and do a flying kick toward that floor section. You should break through it and fall down.

It's much more clear when you have a CPU partner. They have a habit of breaking things in that scene... also exposing a hilarious bug during the creation of the scene where the CPU partner would rush so fast they'd fall off the screen and die somehow, even with SoR3 recovery.

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:52 pm

CajNatalie wrote:
Look at the floor it's pointing to... it's slightly broken. Also notice how you can't seem to walk over it during the select screen. Razz
Walk down on the left or right side of it, and do a flying kick toward that floor section. You should break through it and fall down.

It's much more clear when you have a CPU partner. They have a habit of breaking things in that scene... also exposing a hilarious bug during the creation of the scene where the CPU partner would rush so fast they'd fall off the screen and die somehow, even with SoR3 recovery.

Thanks a lot, Caj! You are the best! Seriously, I can't get enough of your mods! Ever since that Golden Axe Trilogy, you have captured my (gamer's) heart! *mwah*
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:15 pm

So here is one of my monumentally bad videos, Razz It the footage looks jerkier than usual that is because numbnuts here forgot to record at 60FPS, this video in only in 30FPS Embarassed Embarassed It does not look bad and at least the sound is in synch this time around. Gameplay is on Mania setting, Balanced AI and CajNatalies sound effect selection.

bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:23 pm

30FPS is actually smooth and watchable. That there looks like 10FPS.
Oh well. Thanks anyway. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Nice countdown time at Robot Y stage Cool
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:37 pm

JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:Nice countdown time at Robot Y stage Cool
The custom timer was something I was dying to do for a very very long time, thank you. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:16 am

But does it actually work and give you different endings? (no time to check when a x8 Robot Y is spinning around Razz)

PS: was I the only one wondering if I would make a cameo appearance alongside the other forum members by the time I reached the epilogue route? Razz (probably as a ninja or something)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:44 am

DarkThief wrote:But does it actually work and give you different endings? (no time to check when a x8 Robot Y is spinning around Razz)

PS: was I the only one wondering if I would make a cameo appearance alongside the other forum members by the time I reached the epilogue route? Razz (probably as a ninja or something)
Yeah, as you can see from Bazzza's video, he titled it Bad Ending, because he ran out of time and got the WWIII Ending.
It's a completely custom timer.
Hell I pulled all the stops with the outcomes, especially for HC. Cool

PS: You should see the Battle Route for cameos (you're not one of them, my apologies)... if you can handle it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  scalliano Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:36 pm

Stellar work as always, aside from blocking off Stages 6 and 7 from BKIII Normal which IMPO was a bit of a dick move considering the original game. SoR3 Easy, yes, certainly, but BKIII didn't block off the game at all. Call me a big girl's blouse if you will, I prefer the term "purist", and it just struck me as unnecessarily elitist (although anyone playing BKIII on Easy really should consider why they bother to play games at all Razz).

That's really my only criticism, TBH. Thoroughly enjoying the mod, and it's great to see the trilogy finally completed. Also, the little hidden extras are a godsend.

So ... v4 for v5.1? (j/k)

For the record, I've beaten v5 on Mania. Once.
scalliano
scalliano
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next