SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey CelestinX is back! I'm feelings lost here..

+2
Charco
celestinx
6 posters

Go down

Hey CelestinX is back! I'm feelings lost here.. Empty Hey CelestinX is back! I'm feelings lost here..

Post  celestinx Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Hello everyone.

First of, I have been away for quite some time... I was upset with Sorr and myself. I was working on the remake of the Sor2 sms/gg version (Tho my work in progress post on the forum has gone) I had done a lot (If anyone can remember that far back and saw the images you would know)...

My stupid Segate external hard drive decided to stop working and i lost ALOT of data.. luckily i backed up most of my data, I thought Sorr was backed up too until i went back to my own country to look at my backup-drive to discover everything but sorr was there!

I lost everything from 2011 on-wards... I pumped hours of work into a SOR4 mod which i had not even revealed to anyone. It was going to be my best work... I felt so gutted, it may be sad to admit, but, at the time i even went to bed thinking about it... I didn't go as far as to cry, but, i sure felt like doing so.

ANYWAY, time has moved on, i got married and life made me forget all about it. Until this week, when i saw a video online talking about how SOR2 music had been copied from other artists, which angered me, but, there was some proof partly backing up the claim, quite far off overall though. That post reminded me of my favorite level and music (SOR2 level 8A) SO, here i am revising and a lot has changed.

I have re-downloaded Sorr v5a (Most links on this site are dead) In the old forums good Don Vecta had created a list of mods all in one place for a reference of release dates and updates. This would be really useful as the mod list is only growing.. I have managed to download some of the mods, I will comment on them in a sec, i am looking forward to the future of SORR modding, What is being done with the new Sor1-3 remakes looks most impressive and is a dream i have had for a long time.

I also expanded the original sor2 myself calling it SOR2XL (I didn't upload it as it was mainly another uses hard work, however, i added some extra bits here and there to have sor as i felt it should have been while still trying to remain faithful to the original... anyway it's lost, but, I may do that again someday.

For now however, i wish to get all the mods from 2011-to now and try them all out. Can anyone help? Maybe a user can send the files to me over a torrent or something, I seed Sorr v5a and have been for over a week now (because the game link to the Sor v5a on this forum is dead).

Look forward to hearing from you. Sorry to vent, at least i have had about 2 years to blow off most of that anger and regret.
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Hey CelestinX is back! I'm feelings lost here.. Empty Re: Hey CelestinX is back! I'm feelings lost here..

Post  Guest Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:46 pm

The latest is actually v5.1
I put it up on Drop because Charco wouldn't look after his links. =P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vg7o1s6lmlf4bds/SORRv5.1.rar?dl=0

You'll need v5.1 to play all the latest shiniest versions of mods nowadays at their fullest.

Now I've given you the biggest and most important piece, welcome back.
Maybe my SMS/GG updates can help you with your SoR2 project down the line. Razz

Back to top Go down

Hey CelestinX is back! I'm feelings lost here.. Empty Re: Hey CelestinX is back! I'm feelings lost here..

Post  Charco Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:57 pm

I'll update links if someone provides mirrors, sure. Don't have time myself anymore.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:03 pm

CajNatalie wrote:The latest is actually v5.1
I put it up on Drop because Charco wouldn't look after his links. =P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vg7o1s6lmlf4bds/SORRv5.1.rar?dl=0

You'll need v5.1 to play all the latest shiniest versions of mods nowadays at their fullest.

Now I've given you the biggest and most important piece, welcome back.
Maybe my SMS/GG updates can help you with your SoR2 project down the line. Razz

Wow, I just noticed that!!! I thought SOR v5a was it, I just assumed that 5.1 was 5a, I thought there were no more updates after 5a, where the heck did that come from? Thanks for the link, I currently cannot download, I will use a VPN tomorrow to get it.

Hah, It might inspire me, the extras were hybrid graphics from SORR (for example the boat level (outside) on SORR has some extra bits at the far left and right of the map (If i remember correctly) the SOR2 version didnt have that, so, although it doesn't extend the level, it looks better. It was not fully complete, I had a few little personal projects on the go. I do feel like getting back into things. I'm glad you are still around and working on things CajNatalie.

EDIT: Charco, wasn't trying to diss you, but, there are so many broken links, most things need re-uploading.
Maybe all mods should be kept in a file for non-editing purposes on SORR fans computers and put in a torrent we can all share? Coz that's the problem with a lot of hosts, they delete things over time or if they think it violates something even tho what we upload doesn't...
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:59 am

Welcome back Celestinx Smile
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:18 am

Welcome back, sorry for your projects. I've been there time and time again, it REALLY sucks to be in that limbo state but you'll see it helps you refine things you may never have thought of back then, never give up!

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:55 pm

Hey C, if you still in China (or even better, in GZ), hit me up. I give you the whole shitload of mod packages all for you, bro. You're going to play the sickest mods ever with the new features going on. You're going to be back modding like a boss!

I'm so glad you're back. Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:44 pm

Until this week, when i saw a video online talking about how SOR2 music had been copied from other artists, which angered me, but, there was some proof partly backing up the claim, quite far off overall though.

I don't know if this can cheer you up, but this video is really far stretched.
SoR2 Good Ending copy from Man in the mirror?
FFVII plagiarazed from Dungeons & Dragons.

Period.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:04 am

Don Vecta wrote:Hey C, if you still in China (or even better, in GZ), hit me up. I give you the whole shitload of mod packages all for you, bro. You're going to play the sickest mods ever with the new features going on. You're going to be back modding like a boss!

I'm so glad you're back. Smile

Hey man that would be awesome, I would highly appreciate that, thanks. I am struggling to re-download everything so that would be great, other sites have out of date versions of some of the mods... Even newer mods like Metro don't seem to work. I'm not far from SH, the only time i have been to GZ was the time we met.

I managed to get the new Sorr version, having a cpu in mods feature is great, that's what i use to dream of years back, as having to use cheatmonkey or w/e everytime was annoying.
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down