SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!!

+9
BigDarsh
LaGsDAI92
celestinx
Mr.Din
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Don Vecta
iceweb38
William Assunção
Charco
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!!

Post  BigDarsh Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:45 pm

The star system for summing up all the route is a brilliant idea to highlight your work while helping the player to understand what to expect from the mod. Just brilliant.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!!

Post  Guest Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:53 pm

SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! - Page 3 Victor10
I have finished a playtest from start to finish of the stupid route on Mania.
Turns out I was far too forgiving, so a bunch of 1-ups have been removed, and the requirements for a 'True Victory' have been updated, also including to keep enemies able to steal the food.
It's not stealing anyway, I put it there for them, not you. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:17 am

DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:51 pm

so... next is SOR3 Collection? BK3 and SOR3.

(April Fool version not count :U)
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:22 pm

Oh there'll definitely be a hardcore route.
Back when I was a kid, I remember inserting the cart crooked until I unlocked the VH/Mania modes in SoR3; it's all still in the final release. Best way to do it nowadays is to just tweak a PAR difficulty code. SoR3 works on a difficulty algorithm so it has a ton of Mania variants.
Twisted Evil

I just didn't do it last time because I was foolishly trying to placate the chucklefucks who don't even like SoR3 anyway (sentiments like "bkiii sux an sor3 dusnt exits"). The SoR3 mod will be properly made for anyone willing to like it or who already likes it. Only thing I really need to scrap from the port is anything from the chain reaction of panic decisions after one or two idiots decided 'no translation'. Everything else is good, yes even the palett- "stfu they change palett, like we do all the time in V5, and 2 sprites corrupt it sux".
Fucking chucklefucks in this community, seriously.

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:08 pm

CajNatalie wrote:Oh there'll definitely be a hardcore route.
Back when I was a kid, I remember inserting the cart crooked until I unlocked the VH/Mania modes in SoR3; it's all still in the final release. Best way to do it nowadays is to just tweak a PAR difficulty code. SoR3 works on a difficulty algorithm so it has a ton of Mania variants.
Twisted Evil

I just didn't do it last time because I was foolishly trying to placate the chucklefucks who don't even like SoR3 anyway (sentiments like "bkiii sux an sor3 dusnt exits"). The SoR3 mod will be properly made for anyone willing to like it or who already likes it. Only thing I really need to scrap from the port is anything from the chain reaction of panic decisions after one or two idiots decided 'no translation'. Everything else is good, yes even the palett- "stfu they change palett, like we do all the time in V5, and 2 sprites corrupt it sux".
Fucking chucklefucks in this community, seriously.

SOR3 was not good to be honest the weakest in the series by far, either BK3 or SOR3 it was poorly conceived. Everything to poor enemy layout, bad music, poor locations, terrible pallets (SOR 3 not BK3) and wonky difficulty. It was like Sega saying oh we had a big hit with SOR 2 lets release any old crap and it will be just as good, in the end it was a turd. Not a very good game at all.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:15 pm

^That's an example of someone I'm not making the SoR3 mod for. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:48 pm

SOR3 was not good to be honest the weakest in the series by far, either BK3 or SOR3 it was poorly conceived. Everything to poor enemy layout, bad music, poor locations, terrible pallets (SOR 3 not BK3) and wonky difficulty. It was like Sega saying oh we had a big hit with SOR 2 lets release any old crap and it will be just as good, in the end it was a turd. Not a very good game at all.

Bazzza BKIII/SoR3 mini review:

• Enemy placement: check
  • Music: check
  • City layers: check
  • Sprite/palette: check
  • Difficulty scaling: check

To do.

• Battle system analysis: ???
  • Moveset analysis: ????
  • Fighting Philosophy consitency: ???
  • Ennemy moveset: ???
  • Battle Design: ????
  • AI behavior: ???

It seems like "everything" lack of the core elements of the BTU genre that is dead and might be the reason the genre is dead.

Do you know God of War? It's a 2005 game that forget to create a good Battle system, good movesets, clever IA, interesting battle design and interesting fighting philosophy. It is considered the best 3D BTU by a large audience in my country, because it has good music, good city layer, good chara design and all that shit SoR3 overlooked.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:09 pm

I don't know, I quite liked the first God of War myself. Sure, it wasn't deep, but it was a very fun game to play.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:34 am

BigDarsh wrote:

Bazzza BKIII/SoR3 mini review:

• Enemy placement: check
  • Music: check
  • City layers: check
  • Sprite/palette: check
  • Difficulty scaling: check

To do.

• Battle system analysis: ???
  • Moveset analysis: ????
  • Fighting Philosophy consitency: ???
  • Ennemy moveset: ???
  • Battle Design: ????
  • AI behavior: ???

It seems like "everything" lack of the core elements of the BTU genre that is dead and might be the reason the genre is dead.

Do you know God of War? It's a 2005 game that forget to create a good Battle system, good movesets, clever IA, interesting battle design and interesting fighting philosophy. It is considered the best 3D BTU by a large audience in my country, because it has good music, good city layer, good chara design and all that shit SoR3 overlooked.

God of War is awesome, great series.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:55 am

I think that zero thought response inadvertently proved Big Darsh's point. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:10 am

Boy I can't wait to see the SoR3 mod topic is getting lit up in here already! Very Happy

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:32 am

--In regards to sor3--
I didn't enjoy sor3 as much as 2, however, it is still a good game, the things i didn't like include the lighting in the disco and some of the tracks that were a bit repetitive, however, some of the music was awesome. I have a lot more nostalgia and love for sor2 as i didn't even get to play sor3 until the year 2000.

Despite that though, i love a lot of the stages, and a complete collections of anything sor related, i will turn down the lighting effect in the mod, and replace some songs with the sorr version to get the most enjoyment out of it. I was disappointed that the sormaker and sorr does not include the axel character as a badguy, in-fact with the AI already in place, it would have been possible to have allowed all of the playable characters to be used as enemies in the sor maker. (Maybe if we get another update.. I know it's not likely, but we can all live in hope.)
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:58 am

Saven wrote:I don't know, I quite liked the first God of War myself. Sure, it wasn't deep, but it was a very fun game to play.

So you got my point Saven. I have no problem with God of War concept in itself. It is fun, pretty and very flashy. The thing is it overshadow all BTU that have lot of work involve in game mechanics, which means the industry know they will make more money with game shallow but pretty, than deep. I mean, Clover tried to make God Hand, and Clover dies. Why? Because for many people, BTU is mindless fun (God of War).

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:59 am

*insert Mr. X laugh* GAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~! Twisted Evil

I'll be honest: I liked BK3, I truly did. Loved the more complicated plot, the scenes weren't as awesome at first, but kinda grew on me, and there's some favorite areas of mine (Sunset bay, Dub Slash street, Club Atlas, Blue Island Bar, the whole construction site, the lobby of Robo X building, City Hall/White House, Green Leaf district). The music also grew on me cuz some tunes are just nails on a blackboard while others are just badass (Fuze, Poets II, Crazy Train, Inga Rasen, Random Cross, etc.). Enemies were overall cool (love the new hipster mooks, the ugly bitches, the return of Mona & Lisa and Jet, the SOR2 mooks now more fair, complete, detailed and with new arrays of attacks), the game good secrets and unlockables, too.
However, my love wasn't as strong as it was for SOR1 (oh, yeah, I'm not incredibly crazy by SOR2, BTW, I like it, but that's it, I find BK3 more appealing in some areas).

SOR3 was messed up in the whole localization, but was still kinda fun , gotta admit. And despite being the core game like BK3, I see them as different games, due of the difficulty scaling, the enemies, the lack of Ash and the whole new plot. Yeah, I know probably won't make too much sense, but I still see BK3 and SOR3 as different games.

So, to sum it up: SOR1 > BK3 > SOR2 > SOR3.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:13 am

Don Vecta wrote:(oh, yeah, I'm not incredibly crazy by SOR2,

Blasphemy!!! affraid Authority
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:43 am

celestinx wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:(oh, yeah, I'm not incredibly crazy by SOR2,

Blasphemy!!! affraid    Authority

.|.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:50 am

Mr.Din wrote:Boy I can't wait to see the SoR3 mod topic is getting lit up in here already! Very Happy
Needless hate won't be welcomed. Feel free to shun anyone who shows up to be a bozo when it happens. Razz

The third installment needs some love, not whiny idiots who want to butcher it worse than the heads of localisation in Sega of America.
Yeah, most of those chucklefucks are objectively worse than Sega of America. Hypocrisy FTW!!! Rolling Eyes

So yeah, no bozos please, let's give the next game a helping hand to get it closer to the level of the other two. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:17 am

BigDarsh wrote:
Saven wrote:I don't know, I quite liked the first God of War myself. Sure, it wasn't deep, but it was a very fun game to play.

So you got my point Saven. I have no problem with God of War concept in itself. It is fun, pretty and very flashy. The thing is it overshadow all BTU that have lot of work involve in game mechanics, which means the industry know they will make more money with game shallow but pretty, than deep. I mean, Clover tried to make God Hand, and Clover dies. Why? Because for many people, BTU is mindless fun (God of War).

Yeah but God hand had a laundry list of problems, from bad mechanics, poor controls, shoddy graphics, terrible story, bugs and glitches and generally bad thought out and conceived. It was one of the time IGN got that review right, it was a pretty awful game.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:28 am

The topic is getting too deviated from SOR2 mod. So, why not opening a discussion about BTU's and other shit?

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:31 pm

CajNatalie wrote:I've played it now and I have dedication to modding so times have changed.

Anyway, if you looked at the latest videos you'd see that the selector scene tells you all four routes.
SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! - Page 3 Sor2_s10
I'm not going into detail about the remaining scenes (of which there are very few to fill). It's all easter eggs, selector scenes, and insanity, from here. Twisted Evil

I'm loving it, it gives the mod a more "professional" look with the stars thing.
I'm curious to see how you proceeded to make the stage picture appearing when you're getting closer to a path, I can't figure it out right now!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:38 pm

Layer over it with the transparency.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:12 pm

iceweb38 wrote:I'm loving it, it gives the mod a more "professional" look with the stars thing.
I'm curious to see how you proceeded to make the stage picture appearing when you're getting closer to a path, I can't figure it out right now!
You know that setting where if you walk behind a layer, it becomes transluscent?
Yeah you don't have to behind it... just 'intersect' with any non-transparent pixels in the layer and it activates.

Thank Vecta for giving me the nudge to try it for the SoR1 mod. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:54 pm

Riiiiiigght, I never used that feature but I was positive it was only working while walking behind the layer. Thanks for the tip! Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:25 pm

I have just finished adding the final finishing touches to finalise this mod.
There is now a full collection of 8x16 scenes.
Every ogg slot; every ambient; every step used.

Streets of Rage 2 is my least favourite game in the series.
Let this be a lesson to the chucklefucks who held V5 back, about objectivity over subjectivity.
This mod is the absolute best it can be. I didn't try to rush it, I didn't try to kill it, I didn't think 'oh I don't like this one as much' and half-ass a thing.

But enough lamenting over how indivuduals prevented V5 from becoming as great as it could have been...
Final checks have now begun; TWO WEEKS mode is fully engaged.
SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! - Page 3 Sor2_c10
This baby is huge at max compression. o_o

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next