SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!!

+9
BigDarsh
LaGsDAI92
celestinx
Mr.Din
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Don Vecta
iceweb38
William Assunção
Charco
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! Empty SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!!

Post  Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:24 pm

Okay so now I have the MD route all fixed and actually good this time, and the SMS has been turned from a janky unplayable showcase of unfortunately missed awesomeness, into 8-/16-bit hybridised awesomeness.
Videos:
Only one route left: Survival Battle!
Nice and simple, just a ton of clicks.

Last edited by CajNatalie on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:34 pm; edited 13 times in total

Back to top Go down

SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! Empty Re: SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!!

Post  Charco Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Will you be using 16-bit assets for the SMS and GG routes?

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! Empty Re: SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!!

Post  Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:02 pm

Charco wrote:Will you be using 16-bit assets for the SMS and GG routes?
Depends.
I just finished building SMS1a from a mix of 8-bit and 16-bit assets.
Music for the SMS route will be SoR2 and SoR3 16 bit tracks.
GG route will use 8-bit tracks (since it's the one that uses all of them).

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Why mix the two?

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:55 pm

Charco wrote:Why mix the two?
Why not?

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Well, for consistency.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Charco wrote:Well, for consistency.
Consistently tiny compared to the 16 bit models?
Consistently low detail?
No thanks.

A well blended fusion is underway, with modifications to 8-bit tiles that look absolutely horrid, and the obvious palette matching.
One doesn't just toss in resources as is. You have to touch them the right way first. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:06 pm

That's what I meant. I thought you were mixing 8-bit levels followed by 16-bit levels and doing the same with music!

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Charco wrote:That's what I meant. I thought you were mixing 8-bit levels followed by 16-bit levels and doing the same with music!
Oh good, glad our misunderstandings now understand eachother. Razz
Yeah it's fusion style. The image at the start of the topic was a beta draft (it doesn't look like that anymore).
SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! Select10
^Here's the current look of the first screen. Ugly bricks have been smoothed, in the foreground the only unpaletted items are the bushes and signs, since they don't need it. The fence is 8-bit.
The signs use a mix of Red128 colour cycling in Maker and an animation. Windows and doors have to be 16 bit otherwise they'll be Hobbit Style.

I'm hoping that the SMS route in general will be a strong fusion. It'll be so easy to mess it up and have a level overshadow the others or just look janky, but it's worth trying.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:41 am

Oh hey, look what I made.
Only took an entire day. @.@
SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! 1st_ne10
Yeah made. Updating everything to higher detail, more colours, etcetera.
Oh but it's not consisten- get outta here Charco. I'm making this mod and I'm making it glorious!

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:33 am

Man, you are impressive Caj, i'm impressed how you have courage to make thoses stages without being tired or something XD

Like the Adam's Story mod says: you are the modding queen Cool

The 08 bits ones are the most impressive, i can't wait for the new alien bridge, this stage will be great!
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:48 pm

That wasn't even its final form! Vecta is giving pointers on what can be touched up, so with a few words from him I finalised it...

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:01 am

I'm really liking what I'm seeing with the SMS/GG recreations! That's something I'm looking forward to play! Thanks for your dedicated work as always CajNatalie! Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:22 am

Yeah, well, of course I'm still heavily involved in the design, but I'm trying to let Caj edit as much as she can because she really has the motivation to do so, so, I'm a bit in the backseat couching with graphics resources, ideas, coloring, tilesets or simply templates to go from there. Of course I might have to do some stages personally, but once again, this is something she really wants to do, so why not?

and, as you can see, she can fend off by herself quite well. I'm quite pleased. Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:06 am

Mainly to preserve just enough of the 8-bit, I'm retaining control. Otherwise Vecta would make everything too beautiful. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:49 am

Here's an example of 8-bit preservation that Vecta will not approve of. Razz
SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! Wareho10
The original stage is just scrolling BG, while my 16-bit redraw is the main scroller.

Yes, you saw right, that scene uses all 9 layers. XD

Edit: Yes I realise the girder foreground spacing is off, and has since been fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:12 pm

An 8-bit resource can be as great as any 16-bit or 32-bit as long it uses the right color scheme and the right combination with other 16-bit resources.

Anyways, that multi-layered stage, just by its design can automatically nullify the 8-bit issue I have, because it does look impressive alright. Very Happy

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:32 pm

Looks cool, I like the way the first three stages on the Master System version are completely different from the original game. This will add some variety to the routes for sure Smile

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Charco wrote:Looks cool, I like the way the first three stages on the Master System version are completely different from the original game. This will add some variety to the routes for sure Smile
I only wish there were unique stages in the SMS SoR1, so I could've had more freedom than 'another copypasta? Okay, copypasta time'. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Your stage is better than mine Very Happy Embarassed

SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! Sor2warehouse

SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! SOR2SMSdockstage
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Eheh, thank you. Razz
The way you did yours looks like overall redrawing at upscaled resolution - you may say mine is better but the irony is I couldn't do close to what you did like that.

I'm pretty much a pixel modder so, despite not being able to draw to save my life, I'm making tiles and then building the full sized images from those tiles. I focused on just making tile-by-tile each unique part of the vertical beams and then the scene made itself.

Tiles FTW!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:15 pm

Scratch that, I drew something... sort of, but it took disproportionately long and I don't want to do it again. Sad

Uhn tss uhn tss uhn tss uhn tss uhn tss uhn tss uhn tss uhn tss uhn tss uhn tss uhn tss uhn tss uhn tss~

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Looks great.

Now......

copypasta time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:01 pm

Charco wrote:copypasta time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope.
Copypasta is where they just replicate the MD level in 8-bit almost exactly.
See the difference in SMSSoR1 and GGSoR1 - they tried to make new layouts for the GG, while just straight up copying everything in the SMS.

The layout's different, and by this point it's necessary to also repallet, which may I add was the most difficult repalletting I've ever had to do - the same colour has to be changed to like 5 different colours depending on where it is, somehow resulting in even higher detail.
SoR2 Collection for V5: TWO WEEEKS!!! Lower_10
Lower Decks: Needs Moar Fire Extinguishers Edition

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm

No fire will ever survive that boat ride or maybe BigBen has too many accidents. :V

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next