SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SORR 5.1 AI Editor FAQ

+12
Don Vecta
kighted
Security
KFCutman
invertedzero
Charco
ArcadeTheHedgehog
Shyning77
bazzza
DarkThief
Mr.Din
90sace1
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SORR 5.1 AI Editor FAQ - Page 2 Empty Re: SORR 5.1 AI Editor FAQ

Post  Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:31 am

Search Weapons 3 makes enemies pick up any and every weapon they can, whenever they can.
I'm not sure the difference between 2 and Off... did enemies ever pick weapons up in SoR2?

For X and Z speed (Y is air distance, silly Security), it's best to set Z speed below X, to improve the viability of blitzes.
If playing without diagonal run, Z should be set to 1 and only 1.

Evade deals with countering the excessive protectivity of V5's AI. I've looked into this with people who have issues with the 'annoying' and 'anti-fun' aspects of the AI and we all concluded: to maximise accuracy with original trilogy AI, you should set this to "Ignore Harmful Events".

Teamwork set to On allows enemies to work together to set up their big attacks (most obvious example is Galsia teleporting next to you to jab you, followed by other enemies hitting you with their most powerful attack before the stun has worn off). The extra difficulty is offset by enemies grouping together more often so they can be dealt with more efficiently.

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Thanks for the info!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

SORR 5.1 AI Editor FAQ - Page 2 Empty I know this is the wrong place for this

Post  kighted Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:36 am

I am not trying to jack this thread. I just see that it has been the most active. I have been trying to Download SOR REMAKE and patches for about a month now. I have posted on the site, but no response. Could someone please help me. Smile I played SOR when I was a kid and would love to re-visit these memories. I would really appreciate any information that anyone could provide!
kighted
kighted
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:12 pm

kighted wrote:I am not trying to jack this thread. I just see that it has been the most active. I have been trying to Download SOR REMAKE and patches for about a month now. I have posted on the site, but no response. Could someone please help me. Smile I played SOR when I was a kid and would love to re-visit these memories. I would really appreciate any information that anyone could provide!

Well, you ARE jacking the thread. Ask the question in the pertinent thread. Authority

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  kighted Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:33 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
kighted wrote:I am not trying to jack this thread. I just see that it has been the most active. I have been trying to Download SOR REMAKE and patches for about a month now. I have posted on the site, but no response. Could someone please help me. Smile I played SOR when I was a kid and would love to re-visit these memories. I would really appreciate any information that anyone could provide!

Well, you ARE jacking the thread. Ask the question in the pertinent thread. Authority

Thanks Don Vecta, I have posted a new topic. I would really appreciate it if you could give your input there!
kighted
kighted
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  90sace1 Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:54 am

I recommend trying the game with the Teamwork setting turned on - it seems to make the enemy AI much better and more varied and makes the game more fun - some things I've noticed:

*Enemies tend to surround you more rather than bunch together

*Enemies use new attack patterns and moves that are rarely seen; enemies such as the kickboxers or ninja enemies will do combo attacks or 'hit and run' style attacks; while the Big Ben enemies for example will pick up Galsia enemies and toss them at the character.

*Enemies with weapons like pipes are much more deadly; they'll actively evade you while keeping enough distance to attack you.

90sace1
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  gza036 Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:25 pm

My only experience is with SOR2

The AI's in this remake are way, way too fast.

What are the proper speed settings to make it as close as possible to the original difficulty levels?

gza036
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:01 pm

gza036 wrote:My only experience is with SOR2

The AI's in this remake are way, way too fast.

What are the proper speed settings to make it as close as possible to the original difficulty levels?
Don't go over 4 for either value. Depending on your pause delay and combo type choices (SoR2 combo type has a stiffening effect that roots you long after a hit animation has ended; I hate it) you may need to set it lower.

Setting Z speed to 1 works perfectly for having diagonal run turned off (i.e. your running attacks aren't rendered useless).

2/1 or 1/1 are both perfectly acceptable if you're running full SoR2 rulesets.

Back to top Go down

Post  gza036 Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:21 am

What was the idea behind making them super fast regardless of the difficulty setting...people prefer it that way?

BTW What speed values would you suggest for SOR1 and SOR3

gza036
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyTheSquid Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:05 am

So, messing around with the AI editor (which, btw, I unlocked by completing boss rush with all gold medals and having SORmaker already bought beforehand; I erred on the side of caution and did not go into the Survival and Event mode level select screens since it will be a while until I can clear all of those again).

Ignore Harmful Events... is it simply that enemies will walk into grenade explosions and such instead of hanging back? Or will it make enemies ignore player's invincible frames that normally makes them scatter like a flock of pigeons (for example, Adam's Riot Stopper...)
I seem to notice a slight difference in getting such moves to connect but it could just as well be a placebo effect.

I don't get what "Ignore player recovery" does. Could be that enemies don't swarm you when down, but it could something different, like making them run up and hit you when you are vulnerable after doing an attack... or maybe this is what sets enemies to not dodge invulnerability frames from player moves... who knows, the terminology is unclear to me here.

I can guess what Counter does. I don't think I need more of that in my life, but I will give it a shot soonish.

What about Blocking, I think it's getting kind of silly now; so what's the relationship between the Remake and 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 settings? Is Remake the max setting (9?) or is there another way it is different from the numbered ones?

What about X/Z speed? It goes from 1/2/3/4/5/6 and then there's Remake... is Remake 7? 8? 10? I am getting good results with X set to Remake and Z to 4, doesn't feel too much like cheating. For reference, my settings are SoR3 Combo, SoR1 Jumping, Remake Pause Delay, Run&Roll (+diagonally) on for everyone. Difficulty Very Hard.

Some thoughts about AI's grab changes:

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:20 am

Okay, need to revive this thread cuz I think this discovery is important for those tweaking the AI.

The pick up weapons set in SOR2 will only let the AI pick up the weapon according to their version they have. Meaning, SOR2 Galsias and Donnies will never pick up weapons if dropped or if in the floor, just like in SOR2.

Now, set in SOR3 will allow EVERYONE who can wield that respective weapon to get it. Which means now Galsia-2 will pick up knives on the floor and Donnie-2 will pick up pipes or bats as well.

Also, in teamwork set in yes, enemies are incredibly more vicious and will gangbang you more easily.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:31 am

how do i unlock it?
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:29 pm