SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name/Palette Editor trouble

Go down

Name/Palette Editor trouble Empty Name/Palette Editor trouble

Post  ondarisa Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:19 am

Hi everyone! I recently downloaded SORR (v5.1) after getting a new computer. I unlocked all of the characters and a few other things in the cheats and extras, including SORMaker, the palette editor, and the name editor. However, when I try to rename enemies, it refuses to save the changed names; I can rename Vehelits to Xenomorph and add a new name Predator, but when I click to a different name sheet and back again, it's reset to Vehelits only. Meanwhile, the color editor won't even let me make changes; it lets me select a character and select a color I want to use, but won't let me apply the color at all (e.g. I can select Jet and select the color black, but can't actually change any part of any of Jet's palettes black).

Does anyone have any advice about this? I've tried a few things to fix it and nothing's stuck...I dug through the AI editor thread here to see if the addition of that somehow messed up the other editors, but so far I haven't found much about problems with these. I grabbed a save with everything unlocked in case not having bought the volleyball game or something was tripping the editor up, but no dice. Oh, and I tried downloading a SORMaker mod and copy-pasted those palettes into the main palette folder. The new names and palettes from the mod stuck, but the game still refused to let me save any changes to their names or even try to make any changes at all to their color palettes.

ondarisa

Back to top Go down

Name/Palette Editor trouble Empty Re: Name/Palette Editor trouble

Post  Guest Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:20 am

Select the whole SoRR directory and remove 'Read-Only' from all of its contents
Set SoRR to run in Admin mode
Set SoRR to run in Admin mode for all users (click the button first)

Only solutions I can think of.

Back to top Go down

Post  ondarisa Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Switching off Read-Only worked. Thanks CajNatalie!

ondarisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down