SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Back Down by Axelfan

+17
WizzyWhipitWonderful
I.am.Blaze
Security
vince
celestinx
graylandertagger
bazzza
88fighter
Boss
wawatu
Ducobson
Mr.Din
DarkThief
Axelfan
Charco
iceweb38
Don Vecta
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Never Back Down - Never Back Down by Axelfan - Page 2 Empty Re: Never Back Down by Axelfan

Post  wawatu Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:05 am

hi wawatu here and i want to say about this mod is awesome and i would like to ask to axelfan and don vecta something i ask his permission, i made some little changes to the mod never back down and i want to share this with all of you.

1. the speed of the elevators as don vecta said

2. some enemy position

3. the addition of  two new stages made by me (they are secret)

4. fixing as darkthief said :Other (very) minor issues:

Stage 5-5 has a death screen/text but no exit on the map.
Stage 7-1 has an exit on the map but no death screen/text.
Stage 6-3 has intro text (for the music) but no intro event on the map.
Stage 5-2 has intro text (for the route choice) but no event on the map.

5. adding intro, and change Nakamura from BOSS to NORMAL, and it should transition to SCENE 5, where you fight Abadede with the bikers rooting for him.

6. fixing the dojo scene at stage 1.

the music and and all the stuff are the same with all the respect for your work what do you think don vecta and axelfan ??

wawatu
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Never Back Down - Never Back Down by Axelfan - Page 2 Empty Re: Never Back Down by Axelfan

Post  wawatu Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:45 pm

wawatu
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:25 am

sigh.... im too lazy to fully express how i feel but i'll keep it brief. im disappointed that don had a hand in this and it still came out stale. wasnt bad but wasnt exciting either. just straight neutral. average, if you will. i felt pretty bored playing and the time factor being unbalanced was really annoying. i shouldnt have to turn on a cheat to play a mod. anyways, i died on 1 level (which i dont remember) cause of some time factor bs and got an automatic game over. i went ahead and deleted the mod. just cant see myself replaying it
Boss
Boss
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Axelfan Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:36 am

Boss wrote:sigh.... im too lazy to fully express how i feel but i'll keep it brief. im disappointed that don had a hand in this and it still came out stale. wasnt bad but wasnt exciting either. just straight neutral. average, if you will. i felt pretty bored playing and the time factor being unbalanced was really annoying. i shouldnt have to turn on a cheat to play a mod. anyways, i died on 1 level (which i dont remember) cause of some time factor bs and got an automatic game over. i went ahead and deleted the mod. just cant see myself replaying it

That's one HELL of a personal opinion! Ouch.

Sorry you can't adjust to change and don't have the patience to play this mod. I didn't expect everyone to enjoy it because it's much different from others and requires a little more thinking.

Since you've had such a horrible experience with this mod,do me a favor.....
DON'T use my music for your mods again.

Thank you.

Axelfan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Well that escalated quickly LOL.

I agree a bit with boss on some aspects, definitely wouldn't say the mod is stale by any means but there's some things about it that leaves it short on it's potential. I know the game is meant to be about making right choices but The Insta death paths really kill the hype and flow of the game in my opinion. Some of the death paths aren't even necessary, when I went to one that said I got beat to death I thought to myself "why not actually attempt to beat me to death instead of giving me a cutscene?". Paths like that have potential to really engage the player, an ambush/survival like scene would've been more suitable. The challenge should be in the fact that the player has to work harder because he or she chose the wrong path, maybe even introduce more endings as well? I felt the bad ending was a bit much for having chosen to go further on the island.

My personal issue is that these paths make the game an obstacle course instead of risk/reward, the idea is very well thought out but could be executed better. I have to choose in this case on the island rather I want to actually see the nice stage and get an ending the game keeps reminding me I'm going to die in or just skip it so I can get the only real ending. The replay value would boost if this level for example had a shinobi 3 like maze in which if I were to choose the right paths I could actually escape the island and get a neutral ending, maybe there's more to it that I missed but that's my stance so far some insta death paths are amusing but having so many reminds me too much of that odd era of gaming where death pits were a thing.

Enemy and item placement is a bit odd to me, I think there's too many food items in these levels. On one hand it makes the game too easy and in other situations frustrating because I'm either picking up food while tryin to attack or enemies are getting food pick ups left and right. Enemy placement isn't bad but it could use a little more to it to keep things interesting and give better pacing, there are times I feel like a wave was too short, others too long and a few in between that didn't really make too much sense. Enemy combination is key here, it's better to have two electras and a barbon/jack/etc than to have a bunch of goons on screen that either frustrates or doesn't wow the player. The first level had decent placement.

The music is great, I heard quite a few throwbacks to your older works that were lost (computer crash?) so that brought some nostalgia. You delivered here as you always do.

The story I feel dragged a bit, narrative seems to beat a dead horse at times. The bad blaze plot point could've gone a bit further though I honestly didn't understand what was going on there. Too many shiva clones here, you'd think all these martial artists went to the same school lol.

My verdict so far 7/10 the potential is certainly there for this type of mod but the hype factor needs to be there.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Axelfan Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:38 pm

Now, that's a better way to present CC, Mr. Din.

I would've done that, but then that would made the mod EVEN LONGER that what it is now. I tried to use something a little more simple.

Like I've said before I was never really good at these types of projects, so I'll just leave the work to you all; I'll just stick to doing music...

Thanks for the CC y'all.

Axelfan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Boss Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:11 pm

all jokes aside, lighten up dude. does 1 person's opinion affect you that bad? my thoughts and opinions dont equal facts. all i ask is that you make a mod that doesnt require me to use a cheat (the time factor) to beat it. but i'll go ahead and re download (no bs) and give it another shot
Boss
Boss
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:12 am

Play nice, kiddos... play nice.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:23 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Play nice, kiddos... play nice.
DAMN! every time I see that you posted on this board I think you're making new topic on a release Sad lol

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Yeah, I know critics can be hard to take sometimes, I've been subject to it after all but that's not a reason to say you're not good with these types of projects because:
1 - everyone has a different opinion. I for one think your mods are very interesting but as for everything, there's always things to improve.
2 - you actually completed 3 mods. The fact alone means you can see through to the end these kinds of projects and that is a good thing itself.
3 - Mostly everyone here has been respectful, Boss has been very blunt but not insulting in any way.
4- I think it's better to have people giving constructive critics about your work than simply being ignored.

Cheer up bud Smile

Last edited by iceweb38 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:32 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Yeah, I know critics can be hard to take sometimes, I've been subject to it after all but that's not a reason you're not good with these types of projects because:
1 - everyone has a different opinion. I for one think your mods are very interesting but as for everything, there's always things to improve.
2 - you actually completed 3 mods. The fact alone means you can see through to the end  these kinds of projects and that is a good thing.
I agree with this, there's always room for improvement but you're far from bad with these projects. As I said the potential is there the methods just need polish. Smile

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Never Back Down - Never Back Down by Axelfan - Page 2 Empty breath of fresh air

Post  Boss Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:06 am

ahhh, just had a 2nd look at this project and i must say... when it comes to stage designs and music, this guy's a Monster! even "I" cant compete with his brilliance. but as far as the game play goes, its not my cup of tea but i'd still recommend this mod to the sorr universe.
Boss
Boss
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:01 pm

First play since 5.1 and I have to say it's a true hardcore challenge now, with all those Shiva fights. But with time comes the ability to master said fights, and with the best characters it's still beatable. (in fact Abadede was harder to avoid dieing to, despite me taking all the hard routes with the Shiva fights in Razz)

btw, there's a new 5.1 bug...all the food at the bottom of the screen in the luxury boat stages can't be reached anymore.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:57 pm

I like this mod a lot but it is so damn frustrating as because of the instant game over paths you do feel like what is the point and tends not to feel rewarding in anyway. Having said that some path seem pretty obvious that they will be instant death routes like the path on the boat that leads to the sea, but other like the one on stage 4 that leads to an alley dont (which seems cheap too me).

Did do a video, got to stage 4 but ran into a instant game over path (shame I was playing some of my best too.)

bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  88fighter Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:05 pm

bazzza wrote:I like this mod a lot but it is so damn frustrating as because of the instant game over paths you do feel like what is the point and tends not to feel rewarding in anyway. Having said that some path seem pretty obvious that they will be instant death routes like the path on the boat that leads to the sea, but other like the one on stage 4 that leads to an alley dont (which seems cheap too me).

Did do a video, got to stage 4 but ran into a instant game over path (shame I was playing some of my best too.)

Hello) link for this mod (stage clear,choose character and game over) its dead( maybe you have new alternate link? Thanks
88fighter
88fighter
Galsia

https://vk.com/id112984837

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:00 pm

88fighter wrote:
bazzza wrote:I like this mod a lot but it is so damn frustrating as because of the instant game over paths you do feel like what is the point and tends not to feel rewarding in anyway. Having said that some path seem pretty obvious that they will be instant death routes like the path on the boat that leads to the sea, but other like the one on stage 4 that leads to an alley dont (which seems cheap too me).

Hello) link for this mod (stage clear,choose character and game over) its dead( maybe you have new alternate link? Thanks

Here you go. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1w4zMvi1BBkRG04dmIzYTEydVU/view?usp=sharing Sorry to say though I do not have the pallets or the themes I lost them.

Could Mr Vecta update the original post please with this link thank you.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:10 am

I tried the two download links to give this mod a go, but neighter of them work.  Can somebody reupload when they get the chance?
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  88fighter Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:14 pm

graylandertagger wrote:I tried the two download links to give this mod a go, but neighter of them work.  Can somebody reupload when they get the chance?
https://mega.nz/#F!s84y3KJS!cJd2CtPzlZCYvxjFe8sOwA
88fighter
88fighter
Galsia

https://vk.com/id112984837

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:06 pm

graylandertagger wrote:I tried the two download links to give this mod a go, but neighter of them work.  Can somebody reupload when they get the chance?

Did my link not work then.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:26 pm

bazzza wrote:

Did my link not work then.

Sorry about that.  Didn't notice your post.  Downloading now.

88fighter wrote:
graylandertagger wrote:I tried the two download links to give this mod a go, but neighter of them work. Can somebody reupload when they get the chance?
https://mega.nz/#F!s84y3KJS!cJd2CtPzlZCYvxjFe8sOwA

I was able to download using the link 88fighter used. I'm thankful for the link bazzza posted, but the download was corrupted. However the download 88fighter uploaded doesn't seem to come with the color palletes which is something I always use when playing a mod. Anybody willing to upload? By the way, thanks for the main upload. I really look forward to playing this.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:50 pm

This mod has never left the forum, the All completed mods index has links to every mod [no broken links]

http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t396-all-completed-mods-index
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:44 am

celestinx wrote:

This mod has never left the forum, the All completed mods index has links to every mod [no broken links]

http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t396-all-completed-mods-index

Thanks for the link, but the download doesn't come with the palletes. Anybody got them?
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:39 pm

graylandertagger wrote:Thanks for the link, but the download doesn't come with the palletes.  Anybody got them?
Very late, once again, sorry!
These are palettes:
https://1fichier.com/?kcpcwh9mdh

And a link with the entire mod with palettes:
https://1fichier.com/?t98mh2ck4k

vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Man, this mod was really good! But it needed a level map or something... Suddenly going upwards only to end up in a game over screen, wow!

All in all, it was one of the easiest mods around. Groups of enemies were thin-ranked, combinations of enemy types weren't as deadly as those in CajN's little brawlfests of a mod and it was a nice, easy, slow and enjoyable experience, just enough to work someone's frustration from elsewhere, on! But boy, was this a long one...

Also, the "die in the fire" ending needed beforehand some hint, so as to be avoided. That was the ugliest trap i have ever fallen into, in any game ever! Other than that, VERY, enjoyable! Would up a video had my camtasia not expired, since i spent no continue (and was even stuck at 8 lives pretty much throughout the game with minor ups and downs, just like in my Adam's Story play), but i have yet to get a new program to record.
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Mon May 14, 2018 5:32 pm

vince wrote:
graylandertagger wrote:Thanks for the link, but the download doesn't come with the palletes.  Anybody got them?
Very late, once again, sorry!
These are palettes:
https://1fichier.com/?kcpcwh9mdh

And a link with the entire mod with palettes:
https://1fichier.com/?t98mh2ck4k

I didn't notice the link you posted since it's been awhile since I logged in, however the two links you posted are a dud. Got any other links?
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next