SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally played through SORR

+7
serp
scalliano
Don Vecta
toph_bei_fong
BigDarsh
Charco
wart
11 posters

Go down

Finally played through SORR Empty Finally played through SORR

Post  wart Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:53 pm

I guess I'm late to the party, but I recently played through Streets of Rage Remake and thought I'd share
some of my thoughts on it.

I grew up playing Streets of Rage 1-3, and to this day they remain some of my all-time favourite games.
When I started playing the remake, what struck me is what an incredible job it does of emulating the original
series in every aspect from the player physics to the enemy behavior, while still not being afraid to mix things up a bit.

I really enjoyed the multiple route approach, which together with the shop made for some really great replay-value.
I do have some nitpicks too, such as the story feeling like a bit of an afterthought, and that it would have been nice to be able to turn off certain effects, mainly the one that occurs when something explodes.

But like I said, these are just nitpicks. Overall I love the game and think it's a fantastic achievement Smile 

wart

Back to top Go down

Finally played through SORR Empty Re: Finally played through SORR

Post  Charco Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Glad you liked it, it really is an awesome game!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:53 pm

Better late than sorry  Wink 
Every SoR fans have to discover this jewel one day, or another. This game is like a dream come true.  santa 

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  toph_bei_fong Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:10 am

If SEGA was smart they would have published this for Bomber instead of handling it the way they did. But as we all know SEGA is allergic to success.

toph_bei_fong
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:14 am

toph_bei_fong wrote:But as we all know SEGA is allergic to success.

I quote you for truth! Cool

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  scalliano Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Absolutely. I'd have happily stuck down a tenner for this if it had been released on PSN/XBLA. No question.
scalliano
scalliano
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  serp Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Pretty much all the work was done for them. All they'd have needed to do was some ports, maybe HD the graphics a bit, add some netcode, then do some promotional work. Minimal investment on their parts.

IIRC when Capcom found out about Megaman vs. SF they just decided to promote and publish it...for free. Sega took an incomprehensible tact instead.

Honestly I avoid Sega games entirely now because I think the company is such crap. I'm amazed it's still around.
serp
serp
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:27 am

serp wrote:Pretty much all the work was done for them. All they'd have needed to do was some ports, maybe HD the graphics a bit, add some netcode, then do some promotional work. Minimal investment on their parts.

IIRC when Capcom found out about Megaman vs. SF they just decided to promote and publish it...for free. Sega took an incomprehensible tact instead.

Honestly I avoid Sega games entirely now because I think the company is such crap. I'm amazed it's still around.

Sonic, one of the graphics contributors on SORR, made that game Cool

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kormann Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Don Vecta wrote:

+1

It's sad. SoRR is amazing. I love the challenge, in normal it's harder than in the original games.
I don't know how Taxman from Sonic Retro had luck with Sega and they partned up for Sonic CD port. Does anyone know how?
Kormann
Kormann
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:02 am

Kormann wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

+1

It's sad. SoRR is amazing. I love the challenge, in normal it's harder than in the original games.
I don't know how Taxman from Sonic Retro had luck with Sega and they partned up for Sonic CD port. Does anyone know how?

It involved their only beloved IP, so Sega rocked a steel-hard boner when Taxman came to them or when they found out about it.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Kormann Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:17 am

LOL. Really... that was funny. Probably that's what happened. Sega has lots of cool IP's (Comix Zone, Kid Chameleon, E-swat, Shinobi, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, STREETS OF RAGE (Very Happy), Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes, Ristar, Vectorman, etc).
I wish Nintendo could buy all from them. And finally I would buy a Nintendo console because I know they would do great stuff with them.
Kormann
Kormann
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:34 pm

Charco wrote:
serp wrote:Pretty much all the work was done for them. All they'd have needed to do was some ports, maybe HD the graphics a bit, add some netcode, then do some promotional work. Minimal investment on their parts.

Sonic, one of the graphics contributors on SORR, made that game Cool

And take a look at one of the bits of merchandise we just got in the shop I work for:

Finally played through SORR Image
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Break Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Oh man. I thought for sure I posted in here! Well then...

The first character I ever played was SOR3 Axel (since you can't access SOR1/2 yet) and I picked the SOR1 route for some odd reason, which I later found to be the hardest route you can pick. I had no controller, so I had to use the keyboard, and since I was entirely unfamiliar with the controls, I flopped on Easy.

Soon I got to the end and went on a continue, whereby I played as Adam. Shiva single-handedly wiped out all of my lives, so I decided to bring... Zan! And Mr. X killed me and I got a Game Over. XD

Really, though, I was mystified. It was a beautiful experience to witness everything I'd watched on Youtube, and I thought to myself, "What have I been missing out on all these years?" Kinda corny, but it was fun. =3
Break
Break
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down