SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Films Thread

+11
cabo-hicks
BigDarsh
Mr.Din
bazzza
badjab326
Don Vecta
RuffNTumble
Waruiva
Benny26
Charco
Saven
15 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Films Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Films Thread

Post  BigDarsh Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:13 am

I'm a great fan of RoboCop and Verhoeven too, and I must admit the remake took an interesting point of view. This said, Padilla couldn't do the movie he want to make (using the same angle, but with more depth) and it's like a watered down version of his project.

That sucks since RoboCop is a such a great object. But yeah, I share opinion, there is no disrespect in this project and it is very refreshing (for once!).

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:53 am

BigDarsh wrote:I'm a great fan of RoboCop and Verhoeven too, and I must admit the remake took an interesting point of view. This said, Padilla couldn't do the movie he want to make (using the same angle, but with more depth) and it's like a watered down version of his project.

That sucks since RoboCop is a such a great object. But yeah, I share opinion, there is no disrespect in this project and it is very refreshing (for once!).

It was a fact that Padilha got a shitload of pressure from the execs and several of his ideas were cut down. The movie delivered, indeed, but who knows if the film would have done better with Padilha's ideas in hand.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:44 pm

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:39 am

God this was horrible, it was like watching a movie based on a Frank Miller comic, but with some fanboy putting Power Rangers in.

No sir, I don't like it.

Power Rangers could be a great movie if done right. A Guardians of the Galaxy-like movie would be perfect if they want a more serious reboot. It would be a mix of comedy and fun like it normally is, but at the same time can get pretty serious if need be and could flesh out some believable and really good characters. That would make the Power Rangers be relatable to an older audience. Not this dark and gritty "I need to slit my wrists because it's so edgy" shit this short tried to be. They tried waaaaay too hard to be "cool" here.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:05 pm

So Batman is going to be fighting an ICP member in the new DC movies? Wtf is this crap?

Films Thread - Page 5 CDZbuEiUUAAtGQb

No really, the new Joker looks like it was designed by some 14 year old goth kid from the mid-2000s. This is a really bad design lmao.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:15 pm

Terrible.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:25 pm

It has spawned some good photoshopped pics though Laughing

Films Thread - Page 5 CDaPkZXUsAEI--k
Films Thread - Page 5 CDaNq8aWoAAyW2b
Films Thread - Page 5 3Gd1uu6
Films Thread - Page 5 L7aRhWi
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:32 pm

Razz

Brilliant!

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:35 am

Love them all! LOL

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:51 am

Uwe Boll's crowfunded project has failed and he is MAAAAAAAD.

He basically tells his fans and Hollywood (for some reason) to go fuck themselves for this failure and that he has enough money to go golfing instead.

This video is just another indicator as to what a real piece of shit Uwe Boll is.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:04 pm

Since he contributs to the animal cause, he's not a 100% douchebag! Razz

Hoping though the very few people that actually supported him by giving him money learned they lesson coz wow, what a dickhead he's been in that video!

EDIT: BTW, I think he's mentionning a big french amateur series that managed to gather 600 000€ to produce 3 movies! Oh my the jealousy is really showing, it's hilarious! XD

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:06 pm

So lately I've been kinda obsessed with Hotline Miami 1&2. Finished both of them and I'm overall just a massive fan of the soundtrack and atmosphere, that whole genre in general. I dug a little deep and learned Drive was an inspiration for this game. Drive kept popping up referenced by people i know or having an artist on the soundtrack who I like, so I decided to watch it finally.

Easily one of the most overrated movies I've ever seen. It didn't seem to be committed to any theme it had. The dialogue while understandably light wasn't exactly well written. It started off okay but inconsistently went downhill from there. People compare Ryan's character to a cowboy, but he came off as awkward and perhaps a little mentally ill.

Honestly I had taken a rather indefinite break from movies and this reminded me why, video games are getting better and better at storytelling, so much so to the point where even something as minimalistic as Hotline Miami has a more intriguing and well written story than many top rated movies.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:27 pm

badjab326 wrote:So lately I've been kinda obsessed with Hotline Miami 1&2. Finished both of them and I'm overall just a massive fan of the soundtrack and atmosphere, that whole genre in general. I dug a little deep and learned Drive was an inspiration for this game. Drive kept popping up referenced by people i know or having an artist on the soundtrack who I like, so I decided to watch it finally.

Easily one of the most overrated movies I've ever seen. It didn't seem to be committed to any theme it had. The dialogue while understandably light wasn't exactly well written. It started off okay but inconsistently went downhill from there. People compare Ryan's character to a cowboy, but he came off as awkward and perhaps a little mentally ill.

Honestly I had taken a rather indefinite break from movies and this reminded me why, video games are getting better and better at storytelling, so much so to the point where even something as minimalistic as Hotline Miami has a more intriguing and well written story than many top rated movies.

That's curious, I never was under the impression that the Drive movie was overrated though I admit I have a soft spot for that movie which is rare for me these days.
I agree with you that Ryan's character is kind of awkward, not necessarely mentally ill but taciturn that's for sure.
I have also been watching less and less movies, simply because I found myself to be better entertained with games which have developped to the point of delivering what movies could deliver and even much more!

BTW, for those curious or unsure about the Pixels movie, just...don't bother.
This shit is just abysmal and a fake testimony to the video games! Never going to be on par with the likes of Scott Pilgrim or Wreck-It Ralph.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:20 pm

iceweb38 wrote:
BTW, for those curious or unsure about the Pixels movie, just...don't bother.
This shit is just abysmal and a fake testimony to the video games! Never going to be on par with the likes of Scott Pilgrim or Wreck-It Ralph.

Haha, I had no intention on seeing this shit. Any gamer should know that movie was going to be cringeworthy. Razz

Funny you two mention playing games more than movies. I have been the complete opposite for the last 10 years or so because of the era of gaming we are in (well, except the last two months with all of the exciting announcements).
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Cast of The Warriors 1979 cult classic film get together for a ride to Coney Island.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/watch-the-warriors-recreate-their-last-subway-ride-home-20150923

They're old now but still badass as ever Cool

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:48 am

Caught this on my news feed the other day, Very cool to see at least a few of theses guys still up to cool stuff.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Watched The Warriors on Netflix last night, the soundtrack is awesome. You can really see the influence this movie had on '80s beat 'em ups, Double Dragon, Renegade, and Crime Fighters especially. I guess the movie was popular among game designers in Japan Wink

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:04 pm

Charco wrote:Watched The Warriors on Netflix last night, the soundtrack is awesome. You can really see the influence this movie had on '80s beat 'em ups, Double Dragon, Renegade, and Crime Fighters especially. I guess the movie was popular among game designers in Japan Wink
Now go play the PS2 game! It's an excellent extension of the universe and one of the few great 3D beat em ups out there.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:04 am

badjab326 wrote:
Charco wrote:Watched The Warriors on Netflix last night, the soundtrack is awesome. You can really see the influence this movie had on '80s beat 'em ups, Double Dragon, Renegade, and Crime Fighters especially. I guess the movie was popular among game designers in Japan Wink
Now go play the PS2 game! It's an excellent extension of the universe and one of the few great 3D beat em ups out there.

Definitely on my to do list for two player games. I am going to download it now.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:33 am

OMG~! Will be in theaters today~!

I do hope it's better than Jaws 18, I still believe Jaws 12 part II was the best of all the series (I can't forget the scene where the shark pretends to be a goldfish AND THEY BOUGHT IT!). I mean, why the fuck did they take Tarantino out from directing the series and give them to Michael Bay!?

I will be directed by James Cameron, they say.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:18 pm

George Lucas says the new Star Wars movie strays "from his original vision"

Hahahaha, of course you would say this George. Now you don't have Yes Men like Rick McCallum anymore to agree to any of your dumb ideas like Jar Jar, whiny Anakin that ruined Darth Vader altogether, skipping almost the entire Clone Wars, etc. and Disney can say no to them now that they own Star Wars.

It's pretty clear George Lucas lucked out with an incredible production team while working on the old trilogy. I doubt we would never see a single sequel to SW if he had gotten anywhere near the control he did when he made the prequels.

Anyways, this news actually got me more excited for the new movie because of Disney saying no to his silly ideas lol.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:43 pm

This is very good news.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Copy and paste this into a Google search:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:58 am

Charco wrote:Copy and paste this into a Google search:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

That was quite badass!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Not working for me. Am I too late?

EDIT: Works on Chrome, but not on Firefox. Just another reason to switch over to Chrome and stop using this POS browser.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next