SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boss Discussion

+8
KFCutman
DarkThief
bareknuckleroo
WillyTheSquid
Don Vecta
BigDarsh
Crash Dummie
Shadow Fist King
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Boss Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Boss Discussion

Post  KFCutman Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:59 pm

Here's what I think about Abadebe
Abadebe: Goddamm cheap!

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  RotaEA Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:22 pm

Some of my nightmare bosses, using my main characters (Adam, Elle, and Shiva)

Zamza) I have NEVER liked this boss fight. He jumps around, the hit detection and armor on some of his moves is aggravating, and any boss that can auto throw me is a piss of in and of itself. Not a throw like Barbon where you can do the ukemi to negate the damage. I HATE suplexing bosses.

Jet) This guy just annoys me more than anything. I've learned him about as much as i can at this point, but he still just bugs the crap out of me. i save my police call just to knock down a health bar on his ass so I have to see him less. not to mention his auto throw if you approach him at the wrong times, which is hard to see if you're not paying attention.

Abadede) He is an annoying boss more than anything to me now too. Easy to exploit into doing what you want(the dash), his only hard moments come with his hulk out, and some of his range on other moves but you can get around those with struggle attacks, specials, or the auto final attack for raw knockback and damage.

R.Bear) FUCK THIS GUY WITH A POGOSTICK. I hate this guy with a fiery passion. his range is ridiculous, his movement hard to read or react to( i had a moment where he began his jump, I moved to a higher plane, and he changed trajectory mid jump and hit me anyways.), and he also does the auto grab stuff I hate. He hits like a truck, and nine times out of ten, hits way harder than you, and can stay out of good punish range.

Mr.X) The shiva fight before him is fun. I like the legitimate challenge a lot, and Max Man is an excellent song. However, it used to be that Mr. X was a pushover(mostly) after that Shiva fight...this is no longer the case for me with Remake. He uses the gun a HELL of a lot more efficiently, he has actual up close moves, a second phase, hurts like hell, has REALLY good mobility, and has those endless spawning distractions. 'gratz guys. this guy is officially on my shit list now. the only saving grace is that his boss theme is AMAZING, and easily one of my favorite boss themes period.
RotaEA
RotaEA
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:06 pm

You gotta admit X needed to be a tough boss for the final battle. In SOR1 and 2 he was such a wimp...

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:50 pm

RotaEA wrote:R.Bear) FUCK THIS GUY WITH A POGOSTICK. I hate this guy with a fiery passion. his range is ridiculous, his movement hard to read or react to( i had a moment where he began his jump, I moved to a higher plane, and he changed trajectory mid jump and hit me anyways.), and he also does the auto grab stuff I hate. He hits like a truck, and nine times out of ten, hits way harder than you, and can stay out of good punish range.

Adam is actually quite strong against Bear (compared to most toons at least).  His basic blitz is reliable against him if you try to line up on the same z-plane and run at him (same with any blitz that propels you forward a fair bit, which tbh is Bear's only weakness) and his forward-A special (the double high-kick) is surprisingly good against Bear's jump. (also, try to use that instead of the static A-special when he jabs or grabs you at close range)

Zamza dies very easily to anyone with decent jump kicks, A-specials also work (unless they're multi-hit like Zan/Elle).  Don't blitz him as he'll just block and suplex, you can get a throw in sometimes if you catch him when he's jumping around (but this is unreliable).

Jet again is easily killed with decent jump kicks, there's a few blitzes that also work.  If you're referring to Jet-3/Rocket however, this won't work...the best way to win there is get them off the right-hand side of the screen and you can reliably jump-kick them to death as they try to come back on (doesn't work on the left side or if there's other enemies around too).  Most A-specials are also very good against Jets/Rockets, especially single hit forward-A's such as Shiva's and Blaze 2's.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  RotaEA Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Don Vecta wrote:You gotta admit X needed to be a tough boss for the final battle. In SOR1 and 2 he was such a wimp...

I agree with that wholeheartedly. I do not think increasing his difficulty was a bad move in the slightest. A final boss should feel like just that: a FINAL boss. He's just really hard to read and react to.

DarkThief wrote:Jet again is easily killed with decent jump kicks, there's a few blitzes that also work.  If you're referring to Jet-3/Rocket however, this won't work...the best way to win there is get them off the right-hand side of the screen and you can reliably jump-kick them to death as they try to come back on (doesn't work on the left side or if there's other enemies around too).  Most A-specials are also very good against Jets/Rockets, especially single hit forward-A's such as Shiva's and Blaze 2's.

Yeah, that is exactly why I find him annoying, and not hard. I can kick his ass six ways to sunday, he doesn't kill me, It's just that he's the one boss you pretty much need to chip down, instead of fight. makes the fight tedious.

DarkThief wrote:Zamza dies very easily to anyone with decent jump kicks, A-specials also work (unless they're multi-hit like Zan/Elle).  Don't blitz him as he'll just block and suplex, you can get a throw in sometimes if you catch him when he's jumping around (but this is unreliable).

The only time I have found jump kicks to be effective on him is during his two dash moves: the spinny ball and the slide. otherwise it becomes the Jet scenario, and why anyone would want to spend MORE time on Zamza is beyond me.

Keep in mind, and I forgot to mention this, not only are these very opinionated, but I have a very aggressive playstyle and these are most of the bosses that annoy me because they break my flow.
RotaEA
RotaEA
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:17 pm

I still love to lure the fucker (Zamza) to do his tornado claw when he stands up so I can grab the beejesus outta him (extra pain if I go for the Atomic Drop). Twisted Evil 

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  RotaEA Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:45 pm

Okay, Max is a beast, and all the grab shit I hate almost goes away because his grab priority is amazing. that said, I am terrible at grabbing Zamza, and he grabs me 70% of the time every single time. MAN I hate that guy.
RotaEA
RotaEA
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:34 am

Don Vecta wrote:You gotta admit X needed to be a tough boss for the final battle. In SOR1 and 2 he was such a wimp...

I don't know, I think SOR1 Mr. X can hold his own weight. He's still one of the couple bosses in that game that I have trouble with.

SOR2, yeah.....piss easy.

Glad at the super buff he got in SORR. Took me by surprise (even when his patten changes to his SOR1 self took me by surprise too) in a good way. He is the last enemy and the grand obstacle for the heroes to overcome, so he should be the game's ultimate challenge.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  RotaEA Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:28 am

Yeah. In SoR 2(my personal favorite in the trilogy) it becomes a situation where his Shiva is better than him in every way except his lack of a gun. It makes you wonder why Shiva didn't just whoop Mr.X's ass and take over the syndicate for himself. There is something to be said about loyalty I guess, but Mr. X clearly and demonstrably has no qualms about using his own underlings as cannon fodder. even his higher ups suffer this same fate. So why follow under the big man, when you are better than him in every way, and can BE the big boss?

...though I agree, Mr. X in SoR1 was a pain in the ass. it took me multiple tries to beat him when I let's played that game, but Mr. X 2 only took me a couple as a kid before I knew what was up.
RotaEA
RotaEA
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:49 am

Mr. X-2 was easy, I agree. In fact, I can beat him in Syndicate Wars (A SOR2 mod, adding all the enemies, bosses, and even Adam and Zan, though my version doesn't have Zan) with FREAKING GALSIA( the best character because of the no knockdown punches and he can PWN Round 1 Survival with the knife by literally touching enemies with the knife.). Mr. X-SORR caught me off guard because he was much harder that time around, but X-2 was EASY!

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:36 pm

RotaEA wrote:
Jet) This guy just annoys me more than anything. I've learned him about as much as i can at this point, but he still just bugs the crap out of me. i save my police call just to knock down a health bar on his ass so I have to see him less. not to mention his auto throw if you approach him at the wrong times, which is hard to see if you're not paying attention.

The one I despise is Cyber-Jet. For a guy to be able to change directions out of nowhere when he dashes down on you...flamethrower from the chest...bombs...he's definitely a high-tier boss for me.

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  ZM5 Fri May 02, 2014 8:15 pm

I gotta agree that neither Jet-2 or Rocket are particularly difficult, just annoying to wear down. Jet-3 on the other hand is a pain - area denial mines, unpredictable AI, highly damaging grab...Alone, he's difficult but manageable, but is a nightmare when there's adds during the fight. This was particularly bad in SOR3 with the infinitely respawning Rockets - probably one of the hardest fights in the series.

As for easier bosses, I gotta say Yamato is really easy, disappointingly so, even, which is a shame as he has one of the coolest enemy designs in the series. Easy to exploit and chain-grab AI, his most damaging attacks are the most telegraphed ones, his only real dangerous move is his regular shuriken throw, but even that is easily avoidable by dodge rolling. Though, he can be difficult or atleast annoying if you fight more than 1 of him at once, like in (IIRC) Way of the Warrior, or if he's got regular mooks backing him up, as then you can be kept at bay while he pelts you with shurikens.
ZM5
ZM5
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri May 02, 2014 9:23 pm

ZM5 wrote:I gotta agree that neither Jet-2 or Rocket are particularly difficult, just annoying to wear down. Jet-3 on the other hand is a pain - area denial mines, unpredictable AI, highly damaging grab...Alone, he's difficult but manageable, but is a nightmare when there's adds during the fight. This was particularly bad in SOR3 with the infinitely respawning Rockets - probably one of the hardest fights in the series.

As for easier bosses, I gotta say Yamato is really easy, disappointingly so, even, which is a shame as he has one of the coolest enemy designs in the series. Easy to exploit and chain-grab AI, his most damaging attacks are the most telegraphed ones, his only real dangerous move is his regular shuriken throw, but even that is easily avoidable by dodge rolling. Though, he can be difficult or atleast annoying if you fight more than 1 of him at once, like in (IIRC) Way of the Warrior, or if he's got regular mooks backing him up, as then you can be kept at bay while he pelts you with shurikens.

Yamato is the kind of boss that only becomes lot stronger if set in Boss 2 intro (his Shinobi run can be annoying, and he uses it pretty often in Mania), the regular and Boss 1 intro ones are supposed to be milder as you're fighting 2 of them before setting up the real Yamato.

But Yamato's difficulty comes if paired with the right mooks. Set him at Boss 2 Intro with blocking mooks (Tigers or Goldies) and you'll know what it is to be in a world of pain!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat May 03, 2014 12:30 am

Don Vecta wrote:
But Yamato's difficulty comes if paired with the right mooks. Set him at Boss 2 Intro with blocking mooks (Tigers or Goldies) and you'll know what it is to be in a world of pain!

Here come an army of Shivas paired with a Boss 2 Yamato in my mod! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am

Saven wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

Here come an army of Shivas paired with a Boss 2 Yamato in my mod! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

BANNED~!! Twisted Evil 

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Killa Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Here's a topic I was looking for. One thing that has always puzzled me is how do you dodge Neo X's missiles?
I could be doing a perfect run and this is like the one boss that always kills me because of that. The only way I've seen you can dodge them is if you're below and close to him while walking up and behind him as he fires. Problem is if he comes on screen from a distance and starts shooting you get hit.

Masta Killa
Masta Killa
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:49 pm

You can dodge them if you're far away, providing you read where they're going and roll if one heads for you (depending on how good your toon can roll). This will only work if he's off-screen though, as he'll just start firing a new round of 5 if he's on-screen.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3