SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage mod - Cadillacs & Dinosaurs

+17
sparda10
Persephone
megamem
Cm_Blast
jlenoconel
vince
Don Vecta
Saven
HeroBorn
DarkThief
EddyCartoon
kmc
BigDarsh
WillyTheSquid
Tarma
Charco
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage mod - Cadillacs & Dinosaurs Empty Streets of Rage mod - Cadillacs & Dinosaurs

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:56 pm

Hello everybody, I´m here to show all of you my newest mod: Cadillacs & Dinosaurs. Oh yeah!

The Mod featured:
- The 8 original levels (and music).
- Enemies positioned as close as possible to the original game, with a proportionate health but adapted to the game.
- Custom Palettes.
- The final bosses are accompanied by soldiers who generate more when they die.
- Some fat will drop food, plus there are boxes, drums ... which also have food.
- Special Specifications levels normal, hard and very hard.
-> Normal = Play the original game: 1 player.
-> Hard = Play original: 2 players.
-> Very hard = 3 players.
- At more difficult there are more enemies but don't have more health. Just the bosses have a little more health.
- Part of the plot added, including some in-game texts.
- Includes plot in English (just rename the folder "script english").

The little update:
- A new set of custom items, including falling and rollings "barrels".
- Custom portrait for the bosses.
- Custom music for character select and stage clear.
- Some little changes about position of items, enemies and food.
- In the elevator scenes, the bongos now drops food appropriately.
- Abadede's Soldiers are weaker (the easy type enemy).

Special notes:
- Patience with desert level: is a veeeeeeeeery long stage with just enemies far between them.

Final Update to modern era:
- New middle and final cutscenes.
- Script folder unified (only english).
- Data folder with a custom crusher.
- Enemies on "Hard or above" have been changed to "only 2 players".
- Jack replaced by Garcia1.
- Music extended (no loop).
- Enemies added in the final battle (all difficulty).
- Police available for the stage 3 (desert).
* Items of extra Police calls along the same level.

2018 Update:
- Bosses now have the same HP on both "normal" and "hard" (Hard version reduced). V.Hard/Mania unchanged.
- For easy, they already had slightly less health, but now they have a little less.
- Text "Police call available" on the desert that appears when you pick the first police call item.
- On hard difficulty, the Boss biker (stage 3) had more health than intended.
* Some bikers with grenades are added to make the boss harder.

promotional vid:

Links:

Download here:
https://mega.nz/file/jyZwSTSA#p5gQTEgpmRq73Y2717M07rIMHtEDUPJuuNK2ud_vG0o

More mods here:
https://mega.nz/folder/OywVSSiR#tJrB6EEqjO1P7c891mblng

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:58 pm; edited 11 times in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage mod - Cadillacs & Dinosaurs Empty Re: Streets of Rage mod - Cadillacs & Dinosaurs

Post  Charco Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:58 pm

Awesome! Downloading now. Looks like I have a few mods to catch up on, still have to complete the King of Dragons mod aswell!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage mod - Cadillacs & Dinosaurs Empty Re: Streets of Rage mod - Cadillacs & Dinosaurs

Post  Tarma Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:41 pm

I love Cadillacs & Dinosaurs. Thank you very much! I'm going to try it. cheers 
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks. I wish all of you can enjoy it =).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  WillyTheSquid Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:Thanks. I wish all of you can enjoy it =).

Gonna try this!
WillyTheSquid
WillyTheSquid
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:48 pm

I tried your mod. Very good work on the palettes. I found it very difficult. I played Normal mode and I was overwhelmed by ennemies. I didn't remerber the original game was so difficult, I have to train! Smile 
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:32 am

Arf, I love C&D and I still don't have much time to enjoy your mod, it makes me crazy!!! Panic 

On a side note:
Special notes:
- Patience with desert level: is a veeeeeeeeery long stage with just enemies far between them.
I used to take the car in the original game, have you put some alternate path that leads to the boss? Embarassed 
(since it was technicaly what "pick the radio" item was doing).

Anyway, thank you very much, I'm sure this mod will please CPS-1/2 lovers like me tongue 

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:52 pm

tried your mod. Very good work on the palettes. I found it very difficult. I played Normal mode and I was overwhelmed by ennemies. I didn't remerber the original game was so difficult, I have to train! Smile

The next time you will beat the mod =).

BigDarsh wrote:Arf, I love C&D and I still don't have much time to enjoy your mod, it makes me crazy!!! Panic 

On a side note:
Special notes:
I used to take the car in the original game, have you put some alternate path that leads to the boss? Embarassed 
(since it was technicaly what "pick the radio" item was doing).

Anyway, thank you very much, I'm sure this mod will please CPS-1/2 lovers like me tongue 

I think that level (in the original) is pointless. You beat the 4 Ferris/Gneiss/Driver and take the radio. Then the only enemy that can kill you is Hogg. Is almost a bonus level.

To answer your question: No, there is no alternative way: P.

thanks to all.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Like in the Greek Tragedy, the temptation was too HUGE!

I spent some hours yesterday and today to play your mod dude!
What can I say?
I died before the end and I was using Shiva 2 which is more than an average ass-kicker!! lol
Aside from that, it's beautiful work here. I like how you try to match mooks from SoR with the one from C&D gameplay wise, and even if you reach SoRMaker limitation, it's still a great adaptation.
The layers are well ripped and I especially like the Desert part, the way they all scroll at different speed:
Awesome.

The difficulty might be a real cons here, but it can be a good pros too since it make you replay it to death! Next Time; I'll pick Max :p

Thank you very much for this one CM_blast!

PS: C&D musics are awesome!

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:02 pm

BigDarsh wrote:Like in the Greek Tragedy, the temptation was too HUGE!

I spent some hours yesterday and today to play your mod dude!
What can I say?
I died before the end and I was using Shiva 2 which is more than an average ass-kicker!! lol
Aside from that, it's beautiful work here. I like how you try to match mooks from SoR with the one from C&D gameplay wise, and even if you reach SoRMaker limitation, it's still a great adaptation.
The layers are well ripped and I especially like the Desert part, the way they all scroll at different speed:
Awesome.

The difficulty might be a real cons here, but it can be a good pros too since it make you replay it to death! Next Time; I'll pick Max :p

Thank you very much for this one CM_blast!

PS: C&D musics are awesome!

I testing my mods in this way: level normal with Adam (delay = combine), Hard with Blaze, and very Hard with Shiva. So, the mod can be completed =) (better if the fatmen gives you burgers)

If the mod is too difficult I can change the food to add some to give more health (for example; place apple instead of soda.)
Or you can try it in easy (will have the same enemies. Just the bosses have less health).

I admit that this is one of my mods more hard, partly because of the Jack/Soya and the Zamzas.
If Sormaker could put Galsias Sor 1 with Knifes (how to behave when they themselves draw a knife) I will put them instead the Jack/Soya.

Thanks for the words =).

Ps: I love the elevator one.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:06 pm

I've already had this discussion with TheNomad on another thread but I think it is important to tell it again!
Don't take review as a patch note ! Just read them and see how people feel about your mods. If you want to make a mod challenging and difficult, then if you read people telling you that is challenging and difficult, I think you can conclude that you have made the mod you would like to!

I'm not the best player around here, and I like challenge too so, don't bother with patching this awesome work based on one or two comments Wink

PS: Gonna play this one for a while :p

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Yes! At last I finished your mod... on Easy level. Embarassed 

Very good work, I'm impressed by all the mods you provide. Thank you!
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:18 pm

BigDarsh wrote:I've already had this discussion with TheNomad on another thread but I think it is important to tell it again!
Don't take review as a patch note ! Just read them and see how people feel about your mods. If you want to make a mod challenging and difficult, then if you read people telling you that is challenging and difficult, I think you can conclude that you have made the mod you would like to!

I'm not the best player around here, and I like challenge too so, don't bother with patching this awesome work based on one or two comments Wink

PS: Gonna play this one for a while :p

Had written a nice long post and did not give either send T_T.

In short, not going to change the game all the food, but only change 3-4 key points.

If I put a soda and your enemies following are four jacks, 3 fat, 1 barbon, five gunmen ... and then in the next scene you get a pineapple and your enemies are 3 Galsias and 2 Slums ... that makes no sense.

I want to be a mod difficult, but better if it is balanced. Swap soda for pineapple and pineapple for soda (for example)

I will not change anything at the moment. If I notice experience some scene or passage is too unbalanced'll change my own judgment, but overall will remain as is.

Anyway, if you download the mod right now is not exactly the same as I posted the first few days.

I realized that in the desert had not put any food, making it nearly impossible to beat this level without dying 1 life.

For example, when you fight the 3 Barbons I put pizza (I did this before your post).
Also I noticed one or two scenes you can call the police helicopter so I had to remove and reupload the mod.

Not sure if I reuploaded the mod before or after you downloaded it.

Tarma wrote:Yes! At last I finished your mod... on Easy level. Streets of Rage mod - Cadillacs & Dinosaurs Icon_redface

Very good work, I'm impressed by all the mods you provide. Thank you!

Thanks, hope you do not find with any mistake because I did not try the easy level =)

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 4 times in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:55 pm

Oh, challenging, huh? Well, then I must play it as soon I'm done with my holidays! Let's break this mod on Mania!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:Thanks, hope you do not find with any mistake because I did not try the easy level =)
No, I didn't notice any mistake. Now, I'm going to finish it at Normal level! Very Happy 

An idea, maybe. Yes, the desert stage is long. You should make it with heroes on a Cadillac with a quick auto scrolling for the background. Or on a bus, if a Cadillac is too small. Or jumping from a Cadillac to another one for each ennemies wave (like the trucks in Mutation Nation). I don't know if SoRMaker makes it possible...
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  kmc Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:47 am

I've fought until Stage 4 and found a glitch. There is a severely damaged car which is put upside down, and I stepped onto it with Shiva, then I got trapped and can't get pass. Every time I tried to walk/run forward, the character is brought back.

Sorry I forgot to make a screenshot...

And how do I choose difficulty?

kmc
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:35 pm

kmc wrote:I've fought until Stage 4 and found a glitch. There is a severely damaged car which is put upside down, and I stepped onto it with Shiva, then I got trapped and can't get pass. Every time I tried to walk/run forward, the character is brought back.

Sorry I forgot to make a screenshot...

And how do I choose difficulty?
I tried that and my Shivas (Sor2 and Sor 3 versions) lower correctly both sides or simply pressing down (both Sor 5.0 and 5.0a versions).

I did a little video showing it.
https://anonfiles.com/file/cefd6461c60b14a28098ef593e88cba0
When the video stops that enemy threw me.

Perhaps the game was the one that suffered the glitch.

If you want you can put sormaker, load level 4 scene 2 and move up to the car, jump and see if you can get down. Then come back here and comment on if you could go down or still stuck.

kmc wrote:And how do I choose difficulty?
In the main menu go to "options", In the first option you can change the difficulty.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Tarma wrote:An idea, maybe. Yes, the desert stage is long. You should make it with heroes on a Cadillac with a quick auto scrolling for the background. Or on a bus, if a Cadillac is too small. Or jumping from a Cadillac to another one for each ennemies wave (like the trucks in Mutation Nation). I don't know if SoRMaker makes it possible...
Cm_Blast, do you see what I mean? Smile

Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Tarma wrote:
Tarma wrote:An idea, maybe. Yes, the desert stage is long. You should make it with heroes on a Cadillac with a quick auto scrolling for the background. Or on a bus, if a Cadillac is too small. Or jumping from a Cadillac to another one for each ennemies wave (like the trucks in Mutation Nation). I don't know if SoRMaker makes it possible...
Cm_Blast, do you see what I mean? Smile

I see, that curious thing.

you died some lives jumping huh? XD.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:I see, that curious thing.

I didn't know you were joking. I climbed on a car, I tried to jump on another car, and I died. Fortunately, I've got an extra-live this morning. Razz 

Well, seriously, I think you die if your jump is not good. It is not neccessary to run, but it makes this prototype scene easier. It is only a quick video to explain my idea, as the desert stage is very long. And a Cadillacs & Dinosaurs mod with many Cadillacs is not a bad idea, to my mind.
I only want help you, as my little skill in SoR Remake mods makes it possible. Smile
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:00 am

Tarma wrote:
Cm_Blast wrote:I see, that curious thing.

I didn't know you were joking. I climbed on a car, I tried to jump on another car, and I died. Fortunately, I've got an extra-live this morning. Razz 

Well, seriously, I think you die if your jump is not good. It is not neccessary to run, but it makes this prototype scene easier. It is only a quick video to explain my idea, as the desert stage is very long. And a Cadillacs & Dinosaurs mod with many Cadillacs is not a bad idea, to my mind.
I only want help you, as my little skill in SoR Remake mods makes it possible. Smile
Yeah I know, is a good idea. Maybe not from my mod, but yes for another mod using that scene and that idea.

it´s original and well thought.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:28 pm

[quote="Cm_Blast"][quote="Tarma"]
Cm_Blast wrote:Yeah I know, is a good idea. Maybe not from my mod, but yes for another mod using that scene and that idea.

it´s original and well thought.
Thank you. Smile

If someone else wants to use the Cadillacs & Dinosaurs universe, I give the layers of this stage, no problem.
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage mod - Cadillacs & Dinosaurs Empty I beat this game on Mania

Post  EddyCartoon Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Just got through playing this game on Mania, on my 1st try, without using continues. I can't believe I managed to pull that off. Had a whole bunch of enemies & bosses charging at me left & right throughout the whole game. By the time I got to the final boss, I was literally down to my last life, but I survived, with SOR2 Shiva of course. BTW, this is a pretty awesome game to say the least.

EddyCartoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 pm

EddyCartoon wrote:Just got through playing this game on Mania, on my 1st try, without using continues. I can't believe I managed to pull that off. Had a whole bunch of enemies & bosses charging at me left & right throughout the whole game. By the time I got to the final boss, I was literally down to my last life, but I survived, with SOR2 Shiva of course. BTW, this is a pretty awesome game to say the least.
Thanks =), I appreciate your words.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:32 am

Don Vecta wrote:Oh, challenging, huh? Well, then I must play it as soon I'm done with my holidays! Let's break this mod on Mania!
It's not actually that bad challenge-wise, certainly not to the point of being unbalanced at times (like WoF). I managed it fairly comfortably with Blaze 2 (middle-of-the-road toon for me), no continues dropped.

Another good mod though.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next