SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

+38
vince
Tarma
Charco
mariocanales
Mr.Din
Security
Don Vecta
Puzirkov
Sshadow5001
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Meesta_X
Jonny1989
dhoppler
Danshimaru
WillyTheSquid
graylandertagger
SORDave
celestinx
Ducobson
webdrow
Doctrine Dark
KFCutman
I.R.S.
TheWolfe
Garcia75
DarkThief
EddyCartoon
Reinhart
Saven
realnabarl
Shiva
cabo-hicks
BigDarsh
Shadow Fist King
JoyJoyfulRabbit
wawatu
42 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

RESCUE - Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City Empty Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

Post  Tarma Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Hello,

I'm proud to present Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City v3.

RESCUE - Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City W8QCxxb

First of all, it is NOT a Final Rage Trilogy copy. I know this awesome mod, I knew it after the beginning of my work.
It's a tribute to the Final Fight series, especially Final Fight, Final Fight 2 and Final Fight 3.
I did my best, I hope you will enjoy it. Tell me. Smile

Features:

- fully compatible with SoR Remake v5.1
- 32 stages
- 122 scenes
- 4 different routes
- 4 endings
- alternate paths
- alternate scenes from Final Fight 3 included
- soundtracks from CPS-I, Mega CD, SNES, Mega Drive, etc.
- custom palettes and names
- custom pickup items
- custom breakable items
- custom traps
- custom Cody!
- Final Fight 2 stages "metrocitiesed", the story taking place in Metro City
- tributes to other games, like Art of Fighting, Revenge of Shinobi, Breaker's or World Heroes 2
- unlockable "Classic" version with older graphics and musics by finishing the mod

RESCUE - Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City Rescue_metro_city_map

Download links:
http://ovh.to/q6MjrkL
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/?bqqd4mn7u7ry668

Last edited by Tarma on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:40 pm; edited 31 times in total
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

RESCUE - Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City Empty Re: Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

Post  Don Vecta Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Hell yeah, a new mod! Downloading!

EDIT: Hmmm any other mirror? Troublesome downloading from there.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

RESCUE - Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City Empty Re: Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

Post  wawatu Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:42 pm

the download doesn't work please fix this

wawatu
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:52 pm

It is strange, the link works perfectly at home. Maybe it only works in France...
A mirror link is added. Smile
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:10 am

Okay, got the mod, testing tonight.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:56 pm

Good to see a new mod. Awesome work on the promo pics etc, this is the way to announce a mod!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Alright, did a run in the FF2 route (curious how did you adapt the international areas into Metro City) and I'm impressed with the mod. Presentation, cut scenes (gorgeous, well animated and synchronized with the dialogues) and overall mood was fantastic.

Loved the remixing a-la Champion Edition of some old stages (as in change of colors, weather, time of day like in SFIICE over the original stages) and clever usage of resources. Nice graphics design and wonderful background animations as well with tons of easter eggs that pleased both fans of FF, SOR and... other game out there Wink.

However, as this is just me being a douche nitpicking in a couple of issues, but they're not really big deal: 1) resizing scenes. It's always an issue to resize scenes that have lower res than the ones we need to use in SORR, however, I'm the kinda person who learned the wrong way that resizing is definitely not the way to go (this was crucial when i ripped and resized the BG's from Rival Turf back in the day and used them in HUNTER, gosh, those resources were awful!), what I learned afterwards (especially when I made Rushing Beat Remake) was to keep the native res but extend the area to the upper or lower area or put a foreground to cover the missing part to reach the 240 height. I'm not saying your resizing was awful, though (compared to mine, sure you did a good job), but me think that a native res background would have been dreamy.
2) Why Sailor Moon? Those resources are more than used, burned out to hell! Yes, they're great, clean, crisp and detailed but... there's more stuff worth ripping out there to use as original or unique stages... just saying.

Music selection was great and felt good, however, some tracks don't have proper loop (then again it's me nitpicking). Enemy positioning was alright overall but some areas of mooks felt more randomly placed rather than following a pattern or style in names/palettes/appearance. Some enemies felt a bit off theme in certain areas, but it wasn't broken, was highly enjoyable still and worth replaying again.

The endings were also gorgeous! Very well animated and gave the mod a nice closure, something that, unfortunately, Final Rage Trilogy didn't have.

Overall it's a very well done mod. My review it's me at the most nitpicky self, but none of them are serious issues. As it is right now it's a pretty solid, well crafted mod and I'm glad to see new people in the mod scene that delivers high quality works like this. Congratulations.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  wawatu Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:57 pm

this mod looks good but i tried and tried and couldn't download it can you post in another mirror this doesn't work for me sorry.Crying or Very sad

wawatu
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:32 pm

@ Don Vecta

Thank you very much for your review. Smile

The route 2 is the first one I finished. Streching stages is easier than redrawing them. In this route, only three scenes are redrawn: the boat, the train and the final scene. It is not enough. In route 3, almost each scene is redrawn with 240 pixels height.
I didn't know Sailor Moon is a classic source for "SoRR modders".  Embarassed I put this stage to make a large tribute to The Revenge of Shinobi. I find the mood very "Shinobi", especially with the music you heared.
About the music, I could loop those coming from the SNES. Thank you for the idea. Smile

@ wawatu

I'm going to make a second mirror link. Smile
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Well, since tomorrow morning I don't have class, I decided to finish the other two routes of FF1 and FF3 and well, I'll be damned! The mod feels just right. I love the style of the stages and the plot involving the crossover. This is definitely a very well done mod. Congrats!

BTW, I played it with my custom palette sets of Final Rage CD and my custom sound I used in HUNTER (which has most of FF sounds instead) and yeah, the overall feeling with those is fantastic!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Download Mirror got problem Sad
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:12 pm

A second mirror 2 is added. Smile

Don Vecta, I'm on a new version. It is hard to redraw each Final Fight 2 scene. I do my best.
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Augmented Antics Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Played it over the last couple of days, and I have to say, even though it's really good for the most part, there are some things about it that bothered me.  This is just my personal opinion and is in no way meant to be malicious towards it.

First, the pros:
--Insanely good production values and attention to detail, taking full advantage of SORMaker's features without them coming off as forced or shoehorned.  The cutscenes actually being used to finely detail the story instead of being static images was just icing on the cake.
--Mixes and matches environments to keep things interesting, though I was surprised the FF1 route had the fewest alternate routes.

And the cons...
--Enemy placement could have used much more care.  I think it would have been much better to adhere to rules and themes for enemy placement instead of having gangs of 10 random enemies with large lifebars swarm you.  Even on Mania, I thought this was a little much and only became exhausting.  Some areas were fine, but others carried this farther than necessary.
--Lack of difficulty progression.  The game immediately starts with Final Stage-level armies attacking you.  It should start off slowly and work its way up towards those, so then the player doesn't get exhausted quickly and doesn't pad the game.
--The music is a little...uuhhh.  Did you by any chance leave some of your music files at the 48000 resampling rate?  Some songs sounded unusually off-pitch.  Also, it's somewhat jarring that they weren't looped properly.  You could have used my Final Rage songs and I would have been fine with that, and because the songs are shorter as a result, the filesize for the mod is much more compacted.

So yeah, my only real issue with this mod mainly centers around the usage of enemies.  This would easily be one of my top SORMaker mods if enemy placement received just as much careful execution as the overall presentation.
Augmented Antics
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  wawatu Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:54 pm

someone can upload this mod ?? i tried to download but doesn't work even with the mirrors i don't know what happen

maybe Don vecta or augmented antics the people who can play this game.

wawatu
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:57 am

The second mirror does not work? Shocked 

Thank you Augmented Antics for your feedback.
I will try to fix the issue regarding ennemies moves.
Regarding music, could you please provide me with more details, because I do not understand clearly your point, particularly the ratio rate of 48 000.
Thanks for your answer.
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Augmented Antics Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:09 pm

Sampling rate is kind of hard to explain since it usually just explains itself. You can open a song in Audacity and look in the lower left corner of the screen where it lists the sampling rate. I don't know why, but if it's higher than 41000 and brought into SORR, music slows down. If it's lower, it speeds up. I assumed that since some of your songs were at normal speed while others were at a lower speed, you left the resampling rate higher than 41000, which is common to do if you ripped the SNES songs right from the games. I'm kinda nitpicking with this detail since I obsess over small details like that, so it's understandable if you have no idea what I'm talking about.
Augmented Antics
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:14 pm

I don't see any 41000 setting in Audacity. Did you mean "44100"? Indeed, the Final Fight 2 musics are 48000 Hz. I changed them in 44100, they are faster... and smarter to listen. Thank you very much. Smile

I am going to work on the other points.
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Augmented Antics Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:56 pm

Yeah, I totally meant 44100. Sorry about that.
Augmented Antics
Augmented Antics
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:57 am

Solid work. I'm getting a heck of a challenge out of this one, and it's pretty and has a good storyline to boot. I'm looking forward to more of your work.
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  wawatu Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:34 am

awesome mod congratulations, by the way is like to play all the trilogy of final fight in one and i want to say something about sailor moon stages i think is a tradition for the sor modders include that hehe, i have a mod but i dont have the time now to finish it..

but nice work.

wawatu
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:08 am

Here is a new version of Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City. Smile

http://valou.ludo.free.fr/NEO/Tarma/rescue_metro_city.rar

- The mod is 156 MB (previously 190 MB)
- All the stages are true 240 pixels height. Nothing is resized, only redrawing for Routes 2 and 3.
- The difficulty is rebalanced with stages 1 and 2 a little bit easier and levels Hard to Mania less difficult from stages 1 to 6.
- No more random ennemies waves. Everything is planned.
- Minor changes about weapons, items and traps.
- Graphics slightly improved
- Musics are looped, excepted the ones from the Sega CD / Mega CD (I would to keep the CD spirit)
- All musics are in 44100 Hz
- More Easter eggs

I didn't add alternate paths to Route 1. I want to keep it as an unique game.
I kept Sailor Moon stages, sorry... Embarassed
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:26 pm

Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Last version  (no more version, excepted bug fixes):
http://www.filedropper.com/rescuemetrocity
http://valou.ludo.free.fr/NEO/Tarma/rescue_metro_city.rar
A Training Mode is added.

Did anybody try the previous version?...
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:34 am

None of the download links in this thread are working at all; every one I try gives me the same result, only a few music files in the folder and, within the game itself, only the intro sequence and then nothing else. :-(

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:20 am

Oh, thank you. If nobody tells me, I can't guess... Razz 

The two links are repaired and 100% ok.
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next