SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games: News & Releases

+31
Don Vecta
Charco
Benny26
Saven
Security
KFCutman
celestinx
Lithium Flower
Shyning77
Break
JoyJoyfulRabbit
E253MechaShadow
El Gambito
Shiva
William Assunção
Shadow Fist King
Groovemaster303
Xillatem
MangoRyu28
maruf1000
BigDarsh
Rapha.7
NeoVamp
bazzza
Criss
iceweb38
Stevo
Espilonarge
RuffNTumble
Emthree
badjab326
35 posters

Page 25 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next

Go down

Games: News & Releases - Page 25 Empty Re: Games: News & Releases

Post  Charco Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:06 am

It seems every major release for the PS4 and Xbox One has been delayed, and there are no first party games either. It's like as if Sony and Microsoft were taken by surprise by the release of their own systems after about 8 years of the last gen. A crash could be on the way.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:37 pm

Charco wrote:It seems every major release for the PS4 and Xbox One has been delayed, and there are no first party games either. It's like as if Sony and Microsoft were taken by surprise by the release of their own systems after about 8 years of the last gen. A crash could be on the way.

I am praying for it. The current gen is terrible and the companies need to be taught a lesson. As do the consumers who bought into their crap.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:52 pm

I won't be buying another console any time soon. I have a backlog of PS3 games and thousands of games on my hacked Wii. I get more enjoyment out of playing retro games these days anyway.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Charco wrote:It seems every major release for the PS4 and Xbox One has been delayed, and there are no first party games either. It's like as if Sony and Microsoft were taken by surprise by the release of their own systems after about 8 years of the last gen. A crash could be on the way.

All of these delays and also some games yet to be released until next year are still going to be released on the PS3 and 360 like Mortal Kombat X and MGSV: The Phantom Pain. So yeah, there is definitely something amiss going on here, because people like Hideo Kojima get a hard-on playing with new consoles and seeing how far he can push the limits of that new system. But he is just now ok working with older technology. It's like not only Sony and Microsoft were surprised by the release of their own systems, but everyone else also. What a joke the industry has become.

Companies and businesses here in America, especially the video game industry, have been bending over all of the population and spanking them over and over for some time now. With the bullshit that we have all seen from this generation and the last with the likes of pay-to-win or "if you want access to more things on your disc you bought, just pay us $20 more dollars!" or HUGE corporations like Comcast, which pretty much is the only ISP you can get in over half of the country, establishing data caps on your internet. Better yet, another huge corporation, Time Warner, was in control of the market in the other majority of the country, is now conveniently merging with Comcast right around when the country decides if we need to change the rules on net neutrality. Now we will soon have a country that will have data caps in place for no reason at all. It will get a whole lot worse when the death of net neutrality hits here in the next few months.

I can just only hope that the public will really backlash the hearings that the FCC (whose chairman used to be a lobbyist for cable companies btw) wants to put in place for net neutrality and that the government overrules the merging of these two companies (which should forbid monopolies from ever happening and to keep the market a fair and competitive place). I also really hope that there is another video game crash here soon, because fucking companies like EA deserve it.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:38 am

badjab326 wrote:

I am praying for it. The current gen is terrible and the companies need to be taught a lesson. As do the consumers who bought into their crap.

Yes, yes, yes~! It's been the worst era of gaming I've lived in my 36 years of life.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:33 am

One of the problems is the massive budgets for AAA games. A game has to sell millions upon millions of copies now to make a profit, meaning companies taking less and less risk and producing generic games and sequels. Have you noticed all games are now pretty much the same? First person shooters, 3d person action games with a bit of stealth here, a bit of gunplay there, a bit of platforming etc. It's a case of giving people what they know and just churning out safe sequels. It's either a massive budget AAA game, or a small innovative indie title. There is no in between.

The new ideas are all in indie games or kickstarters as there is less financial risk. We are in a time where the Tomb Raider reboot sold millions of copies, and yet Square Enix said sales "did not meet expectations." What were they expecting, it was highly successful, yet it barely covered the cost. This whole model is a joke, all we hear about is studios creating good games that sell well and then are promptly closed down by publishers because X game didn't make a trillion dollars or some other ridiculous estimate that the suits made.

The new gen is too expensive to develop for, and as with any new generation, has a small install base so far. There is no financial incentive to make new gen exclusives so they have to make them cross-generational to make their money back. This, in turn, shackles the development of the new gen version, so we are left with games like Watch_Dogs that were hyped to oblivion because they were shown initially running on some massively high end pc and what was released was this hog-tied cross gen game.

The industry is in more trouble than people realise and if E3 isn't the best ever, then there will be serious questions asked about its future..

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:12 am

Charco wrote:One of the problems is the massive budgets for AAA games. A game has to sell millions upon millions of copies now to make a profit, meaning companies taking less and less risk and producing generic games and sequels. Have you noticed all games are now pretty much the same? First person shooters, 3d person action games with a bit of stealth here, a bit of gunplay there, a bit of platforming etc. It's a case of giving people what they know and just churning out safe sequels. It's either a massive budget AAA game, or a small innovative indie title. There is no in between.

The new ideas are all in indie games or kickstarters as there is less financial risk. We are in a time where the Tomb Raider reboot sold millions of copies, and yet Square Enix said sales "did not meet expectations." What were they expecting, it was highly successful, yet it barely covered the cost. This whole model is a joke, all we hear about is studios creating good games that sell well and then are promptly closed down by publishers because X game didn't make a trillion dollars or some other ridiculous estimate that the suits made.

The new gen is too expensive to develop for, and as with any new generation, has a small install base so far. There is no financial incentive to make new gen exclusives so they have to make them cross-generational to make their money back. This, in turn, shackles the development of the new gen version, so we are left with games like Watch_Dogs that were hyped to oblivion because they were shown initially running on some massively high end pc and what was released was this hog-tied cross gen game.

The industry is in more trouble than people realise and if E3 isn't the best ever, then there will be serious questions asked about its future..

The devs are trying too hard to impress with graphics and "real feel" with the current generation, forgetting of innovative or interesting gameplay concepts. If a massive game projects like the Arkhams, the GTA's, Watch_Dogs, etc. get successful is merely cuz either they offer too much to do (GTA/Watch_Dogs) or the premise of the gameplay is rich, deep and fun (Arkhams).

They're forgetting, though, that in simplicity and simple graphics also lies the fun. How simple was the LittleBigPlanet series yet how fucking magnificent was. Not only the established platforms but the ability to customize your own ones... and graphically wasn't really wow~! relied in simple mechanics, well-crafted scenes and elements and a cool modding platform.

For the sound of things, it's easier to develop in PC as devs can go as far end or simple as they want. Therefore, could find more variety in PC gaming nowadays than in this shitty console gen (not to mention Sony and MS are not exactly too open in welcome indie devs to their console anyways). Nintendo is a joke too. They have had their head stuck in their asses since the N64 days and gamers barely take them seriously. They need to get their game together so they can be competitive like in the SNES era.

Said that, hope the game scene crashes so hard that turns console back to the stone age and start doing the right thing.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:46 pm

Nintendo's E3 presentation lineup possibly leaked:

Games: News & Releases - Page 25 EBDJgCq
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:51 pm

looks like Zelda Wind Waker HD was so successful that they decided to remake other Gamecube classics.
That said, Mario Sunshine was awesome!

And yeah for Bayonetta 2!

Capcom revealed their line-up, nothing too exciting but I'm glad to see this:

If you have a 3DS and never tried the series, you really should consider getting it if you're interested.
It easily became one of my most favorite franchise and never disappointed!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:02 pm

Aw yes!
Definetely recommend Ace Attorney series to anyone! It's awesome! It's fun. It spins with your logic. It has tragedy and has lots of memorable characters, almost every single one has a distinct and excentric personality that makes this series so unique~

A bummer Investigations 2 never came to the US though, for the little I watched about the game it was really cool.

Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Get a DS emulator and the ROM , a fan translation has been released and covers the first 3 cases currently Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:40 pm

I played the first one over Christmas Break. I only played the first four cases though, I kinda just stopped and never finished the last one.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Oh it's alright, the fifth case is a bonus that is only necessary if you''re going to play the 4th game, Apollo Justice.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:21 am

iceweb38 wrote:Get a DS emulator and the ROM , a fan translation has been released and covers the first 3 cases currently Wink

Yeah, actually played the patch when it was translated up until Case 2 .w.
Gonna wait until the full patch is done though, I'd hate to stay with another cliffhanger  Razz 

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:33 am

Not sure if there's a Kingdom Hearts fan around here buuut I'll leave this here anyway!

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Jesus, this E3 is turning into a joke already with so many trailers being released before the actual show stars and so many big games that people are expecting to see not showing up at all. The two latest big games that are skipping the event are now Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III:

http://kotaku.com/square-enix-says-not-to-expect-final-fantasy-xv-and-khi-1587011860

Amazing really, Final Fantasy XV was first announced at E3 2006. I was just a freshman back in high school when it was announced and now I just graduated from college this past month. Pretty sad when Square released Final Fantasies 1-7 in the span of 9 years and now its taking 8 (possibly 9) to release this one.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if the game was released on the 10th anniversary it was announced. And still turn out to be modern day Square Enix crap.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Personally I was not expecting a lot of XV or KH III, I already got used to the idea of Versus/XV rarely getting news and KH III actually got a teaser post KH II.5 trailer, later or sooner it got me excited .w.

Seems to me they might announce XII HD on the works maybe and they already said *sigh* that something related to Lightning will be announced :V

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:19 pm

You can't really compare FFV with VII, VIII or IX. Those last 3 were much easier to develop and create due to the technology.

Not to mention the troubles into which Square seemed to get out recently these last two years so I expect the FFV developpement to progress faster.
Not expecting FFXII HD so soon after FFX HD release as well actually.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:29 pm

iceweb38 wrote:You can't really compare FFV with VII, VIII or IX. Those last 3 were much easier to develop and create due to the technology.

Not to mention the troubles into which Square seemed to get out recently these last two years so I expect the FFV developpement to progress faster.
Not expecting FFXII HD so soon after FFX HD release as well actually.

But I didn't compare FFXV with VIII or IX. Razz

Still though, it's really alarming when a game goes past 5 years or more in game development. This is year 8 and we still don't know how much left is to be done. So to hear that no news on the game at E3 this year is disappointing.

And I would be ok with FFXII HD. I always liked that over FFX. Razz *Runs to the hills*
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Oops my mistake, I didn't read carefully ^^'
I do agree though that 8 years is too much and will be quite difficult to make it profitable.

Oh don'trun away, my banhammer doesn't sting much Razz

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:06 pm

So the Microsoft conference just ended and I gotta say there was some nice games!
Here's what I liked most:
EVOLVE by Left 4 Dead creators
Assasins creed Unity (setting in paris during The Great Terror)
Sunset Overdrive (looks like a fun beat them all game)
Dead Rising 3 DLC (Holy shit now that was awesome! Arcade experience with TONS of Capcom references. Looks like a love letter from Capcom to me)
Project Spark (Looks like it'll be the LittleBigPlanet of Microsoft, looks very fun)
Ori and the black forest (beautiful game)
INSIDE (in the same style as Limbo)
Id@XBOX (Indie games platform, some of them looked nice)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (new Tomb Raider game!!! Looks like it's gonna follow the previous Tomb Raider patten and ambient)

So upset I won't be able to follow Sony's, it's gonna air at 3am here

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:12 pm

Thought it was a very meh conference overall.

Yeah they showed games and all, but there were hardly any gameplay in those trailers. Most of the games were multiplatform also.

Mainly the indie games looked the best. Witcher 3 is looking pretty good as well.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:17 pm

I actually wish they would show more of Rise of Tomb Raider!
Here's the world premiere trailer:

Here's the trailer of the Dead Rising 3 DLC

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:19 am

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Saven