SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games: News & Releases

+31
Don Vecta
Charco
Benny26
Saven
Security
KFCutman
celestinx
Lithium Flower
Shyning77
Break
JoyJoyfulRabbit
E253MechaShadow
El Gambito
Shiva
William Assunção
Shadow Fist King
Groovemaster303
Xillatem
MangoRyu28
maruf1000
BigDarsh
Rapha.7
NeoVamp
bazzza
Criss
iceweb38
Stevo
Espilonarge
RuffNTumble
Emthree
badjab326
35 posters

Page 24 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 43  Next

Go down

Games: News & Releases - Page 24 Empty Re: Games: News & Releases

Post  iceweb38 Wed May 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Rejoice Batman fans! PSN has some awesome deals on Batman games, including Injustice going from €39.99 to €7.99
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/28/big-savings-batman-games-start-today-playstation-store/

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Thu May 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Has anyone played Watchdogs yet? whaddya think?

I've been pretty disappointed with the last few videos I've seen. Multiplayer looks lame and the hud can be a mess sometimes I think I'll wait on this one.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Thu May 29, 2014 10:56 pm

badjab326 wrote:Has anyone played Watchdogs yet? whaddya think?

I've been pretty disappointed with the last few videos I've seen. Multiplayer looks lame and the hud can be a mess sometimes I think I'll wait on this one.

I'm in the same boat here, I'm holding off on it for now. I'll pick it up when it comes a bit cheaper because those last few trailers have put me off a bit.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu May 29, 2014 11:06 pm

I think the problem with Watchdogs is that they built way too much hype last year, now most of people seems to be disappointed.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri May 30, 2014 12:11 am

Game is turning out pretty much how I thought it would be. It's basically this (potential) franchise's own version of Assassin's Creed 1. A game that is really rough and hasn't lived up to expectations, but with some fine tuning and tweaks, it can turn out to be the game that everyone wanted in the sequel. So it's a (possible) franchise that has a great mindset, but the plan hasn't been fully thought out and put into work just yet.

I am glad that I went with my instincts with the PC version and not buying it. Me and Benny have been talking about this for the past few days. But when looking at the game's extremely high system requirements, me and him both thought that the game was going to be poorly optimized (because seriously, no game needs to seriously consider an higher core i7 3000 series as a recommended CPU in 2014). As soon as it was released, I was hearing plenty of people having problems getting the game stabilized even on some of the most beastly rigs that you could ever find. And even then, they were having some issues running the game on medium (!!!). This is basically PC GTA IV all over again.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Fri May 30, 2014 12:12 am

iceweb38 wrote:I think the problem with Watchdogs is that they built way too much hype last year, now most of people seems to be disappointed.

imo it should have had a 4p co-op campaign, that would have been a lot more fun than the other multiplayer modes. And it would set it apart from all other free-roam games. I would be much more interested in the game if that were a main feature.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Fri May 30, 2014 12:29 am

Saven wrote:
I am glad that I went with my instincts with the PC version and not buying it. Me and Benny have been talking about this for the past few days. But when looking at the game's extremely high system requirements, me and him both thought that the game was going to be poorly optimized (because seriously, no game needs to seriously consider an higher core i7 3000 series as a recommended CPU in 2014). As soon as it was released, I was hearing plenty of people having problems getting the game stabilized even on some of the most beastly rigs that you could ever find. And even then, they were having some issues running the game on medium (!!!). This is basically PC GTA IV all over again.

Yeah another reason not to buy it now, It needs to bed down and get itself sorted out because the requirements are ass basically. They've obviously not put the full attention into the PC version IMO.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri May 30, 2014 12:37 am

Benny26 wrote:
Yeah another reason not to buy it now, It needs to bed down and get itself sorted out because the requirements are ass basically. They've obviously not put the full attention into the PC version IMO.

Yea, even though they said the PC version was the original and every other version was based off of it. Rolling Eyes 
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri May 30, 2014 9:09 pm

Lol Glenn Beck is at it again.

tl;dr: "THEM DARN VIDYA GAMES ARE RUINING ARE KIDS BRAINS! WATCH DOGS IS TEACHING US HOW TO HACK INTO ATMS AND PERSONAL CONVERSATIONS!!! WHY CAN'T WE BE A HERO FOR ONCE!!!"
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat May 31, 2014 11:39 am

What is this, 1991?!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sat May 31, 2014 3:18 pm

A kickstarter has opened for a beat them up project in the vein of SoR and the alikes that has been advertised on Twitter for quite some time now:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1481559826/ward-nex-rising?ref=discovery

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat May 31, 2014 7:18 pm

iceweb38 wrote:A kickstarter has opened for a beat them up project in the vein of SoR and the alikes that has been advertised on Twitter for quite some time now:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1481559826/ward-nex-rising?ref=discovery

Interesting, but... I dunno, SORR was done with very little funding, mostly for the website than anything else and yet the game was too solid.

Also, many current mods in OpenBOR have sick quality in gameplay and features and mostly are done by fans but with talent. What's been done in this project doesn't impress me too much, to be perfectly blunt.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat May 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Honestly, I think this looks pretty poor.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sat May 31, 2014 8:32 pm

Same here, I'm pretty sure all this stuff is in pre-alpha state but yeah, they definitely need to propose something much more representative of how the final product could look.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat May 31, 2014 10:20 pm

Actually, I do have many questions about the project.

• What engine are they using? Is it a completely new written one or are they using another existing language?
  • What are the features of gameplay? Something that doesn't look like a 1992 Final Fight bad rip-off in the gameplay department (I'm talking about lovely-graphics-but-awful-gameplay-games here like D.D. Crew or Burning Fight). Dashing? specials? Background interactions like in Crime Fighters? Special animations like kicks in the nuts a-la Vendetta?
  • What's the ETA with the funds goal reached? Cuz a good OpenBOR mod worked daily could be done in 8 months or less... now drawing backgrounds and characters could take longer, but depends also with the staff included. SORR took 8 years with a main coder/designer and collaborators who came and went.

EDIT: Read the details already... too much money in artists.

To be frank, so far it looks like one of those piss-poor FTP mobile apps with a brawler theme. I wanna know where my money is going that won't make me turn my head into other indie projects, OpenBOR mods or more v5 mods.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat May 31, 2014 11:46 pm

Something like Project Y is more what people on this forum would be interested in. If the game had actual sprites as opposed to this horrible drawn HD look it might help.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:14 am

I might throw in some cash, mainly because I'm interested in where this will go. I do hope the animation gets an overhaul from what we're currently seeing. When I talked to the guy behind the project he seemed pretty open to any notable suggestion, I'm not a fan of the art style myself. Sprites are such a better way to go.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:28 am

I'm actually curious to see how good drawn sprites would look with the right direction in a beat them all game.
Rayman Origins was absolutely marvelous for example, Shank on the other hand was boring (only played the demo) because il felt bland to the eyes, especially when you compare to Klares SoRmaker mods because at least his art feels lively, both scenes and characters.

That said, so far, Rex needs a better presentation for me to fully support the project.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Im personally not fond of the character designs.

They kinda look the same with same personality and same background.
I mean SoR for example while Axel, Adam and Blaze are cops, they feel distinct with each other starting from the color scheme, gender, race, clothing and martial arts style.
Heck, even at just looking the Ninja Turtles you feel their distinct personality and you just have to look at their masks, weapons and their fighting or normal stances.
Here it feels like they have the same colors, same clothing style, kinda same personality, I dunno! I just feel they are the same people with genderbend or race change.

As for the art, the cover illustration looks okay I guess but the in-game backgrounds looks cheap, flash player game baad for me. I don't know if it's the lack of even a lifebar but it feels empty as heck and doesn't help their could only design one goon atm.

The animations look decent but not really smooth.
The moves look boring, it barely feels dynamic or exciting, could be because they didn't incorporate specials yet but I think the animation creativity needs more push.
I mean look at Skullgirls. Every character has been ilustrated and it looks dynamic, colorful, stylish and smooth~
If done right, hand drawn or digital ilustrated characters could work on good hands but heere it's pretty lacking.

Oh well, personally I wasn't impressed in this project at all. I reaaaaaally hope they innnovate A LOT from the Pre-Alpha stage or I'll feel bad for the people funding the project :S

Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:35 pm

Well, if they REALLY wanna have the project out, they'd finish it funding or not funding... there's still OpenBOR engine if they can't.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:51 am

Konami gives green light to a Metal Gear fan remake

Pretty cool move of Konami to do this, especially considering this is a remake of their hottest IP.

I wish companies like Square Enix and Sega would do this more often...well, just Square Enix actually. Sega has done this before, but they love to hand pick which fan games they want to green light and pisses on the others.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:22 am

Very interesting^^ That is a surprise to me.

Does this mean that a remake of their own is not going to happen though, that's what I'm wondering. We were kinda thinking that maybe after TPP they might go ahead and remake the originals but seeing as they've given the light for another company that doesn't seem as likely now which is a bit sad.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:28 pm

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:02 am

sounds like more awesome being added to me. I'll gladly wait this one out Very Happy

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:38 am

ah ok, more time for me to build and afford a gaming PC. What a Face 

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down