SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED)

+10
Areton338
thenomad
Puzirkov
MARTIN98
gravegun
vince
Axle Stone 1991
Herb1e
Don Vecta
Rain
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) Empty RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED)

Post  oracle Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:13 am

After SO MANY years of waiting, the complete version of my Rudra mod is here (formerly Rudra 2029), with its 8 stages.

Special thanks to Don Vecta for his special contributions and to everyone in the forum that provided encouragement  I love you

RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) 0XzFHhB

RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) 3qe8qaR

Download 1.4:
https://mega.nz/file/nNYCnLYA#IhF3zsI2wy2vm8XnoHsRAU8bumsPZATDtQlP2cGiXwk

Last edited by oracle on Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:51 pm; edited 15 times in total
oracle
oracle
Fog

SORDave, Puzirkov, Herb1e, gravegun, RicardoXI, MARTIN98, Teramussa and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) Empty Re: RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED)

Post  Rain Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:19 am

Wow this is great can't wait to get a chance and play it
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) Empty Re: RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED)

Post  oracle Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:42 am

Rain wrote:Wow this is great can't wait to get a chance and play it

I just re-uploaded it with a small patch in stage 1 (a bug that could prevent the game from progressing). Likely we're going to have more of these
oracle
oracle
Fog

Rain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:01 am

oracle wrote:
Rain wrote:Wow this is great can't wait to get a chance and play it

I just re-uploaded it with a small patch in stage 1 (a bug that could prevent the game from progressing). Likely we're going to have more of these

Same was happening in stage 6. Just grab version 1.03 and everything should go fine
I just completed two runs now, one with the end 1 and another one with end 2. Now I'm going to rest Smile I hope you enjoy the mod!
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:45 am

Fuck yeah~! Now let's play this babe. Great job in finishing it.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Rain and Teramussa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:56 am

Right, so I played it

So here are my thoughts and some things that can be improved:

• It looks NOTHING like the demo of Rudra 2029 or the experiments we were doing, but somehow the final mod is solid enough. So, basically, don't expect anything from previous demos or videos. It's going to be a whole new experience. Surprised
  • I dunno which ending I've got but the fight was rather hard with the time limit, even for me which I think I'm a decent Rudra player (lower the HP of that Yamato at x3 at most), but as soon I beat him, got just the thanks for playing screen... not sure if that's the good ending, I dunno, but it was very anti-climatic, considering the amount of cutscenes and dialogues this mod has. Sad
  • Most street scenes have a gigantic van in the foreground scroller that is way TOO fucking obtrusive. Get rid of it. It obscures A LOT the fight, especially when fighting hard enemies like the kickboxers, which come the next point: Sneaky
  • Way TOO many kickboxers! As in TOO many. Thumbs down

Besides that, couldn't expect less. It was a stellar work and will do another run soon with the bad ending, I guess.

BTW, for those who monetize your YT videos, don't expect any money from this mod since, as always, got copyright claims...😒
RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) Image

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Rain, RicardoXI, MARTIN98 and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Puzirkov Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:39 pm

oracle wrote:After SO MANY years of waiting, the complete version of my Rudra mod is here (formerly Rudra 2029), with all 8 stages. This is still a release candidate, if any bugs are found, an update will be made available shortly. Exclamation

Special thanks to Don Vecta for his special contributions and to everyone in the forum that provided encouragement  I love you

RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) 41lLi95

RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) 3qe8qaR

Download 1.03:
https://mega.nz/file/7QJTXLia#PKZDpnS3eqOLVvZU_NEuLAWbj8uhHiXTgsE9p-B29Ig

I have already watched the video walkthrough of don vecta. I look forward to playing. Im very surprisses bounce Very Happy

Hakuyo

Axle Stone 1991 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Herb1e Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:58 pm

WOW

At long last, it's finally here!

Congrats on completing the mod. I will play it tonight and put my review of the mod in then. Really looking forward to trying this one out!

Donovan

https://sites.google.com/view/herbgamesonline/home

oracle, Rain and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) Empty No words man... But

Post  Axle Stone 1991 Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:15 am

⠄⠄⠸⣿⣿⢣⢶⣟⣿⣖⣿⣷⣻⣮⡿⣽⣿⣻⣖⣶⣤⣭⡉⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⢹⠣⣛⣣⣭⣭⣭⣁⡛⠻⢽⣿⣿⣿⣿⢻⣿⣿⣿⣽⡧⡄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣌⡛⢿⣽⢘⣿⣷⣿⡻⠏⣛⣀⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠙⡅⣿⠚⣡⣴⣿⣿⣿⡆⠄
⠄⠄⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠄⣱⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠄
⠄⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠄
⠄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠣⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠄
⠄⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⠑⣿⣮⣝⣛⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠄
⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⠄⠄⠄⠄⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠄
⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⠄⠄⠄⠄⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⠄
⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠏⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⢟⣣⣀

Good Mod BTW.

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:24 am

Yes, onions, kickboxers and obtrusive vans, this is what this mod is all about, lol (grating and annoying but oh well, lol)

So, we got the "bad ending" that, somehow, has more resolution than last night's "good ending" that ends in a bland "thanks for playing" screen with no resolution. Regardless, this route was more enjoyable than the last. So, hope you enjoy this new run. For a bad ending, this was the best outcome.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Puzirkov, gravegun and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:45 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Yes, onions, kickboxers and obtrusive vans

"Onyx, are you watching this?" Yes, I was! I watched both videos and you gave valuable feedback. I will get ride of the onions, kickboxer infestation, foreground vans and some other annoying details in the next update, and the songs that triggered copyright notice on YT - I have some free time tonight, so... I think this is a necessary update before this can be considered a final release. I still remember when the BFR mod was released some things still needed improvement. Now it is no different with Nightfall.
oracle
oracle
Fog

Don Vecta and Teramussa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:31 pm

oracle wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:Yes, onions, kickboxers and obtrusive vans

"Onyx, are you watching this?" Yes, I was! I watched both videos and you gave valuable feedback. I will get ride of the onions, kickboxer infestation, foreground vans and some other annoying details in the next update, and the songs that triggered copyright notice on YT - I have some free time tonight, so... I think this is a necessary update before this can be considered a final release. I still remember when the BFR mod was released some things still needed improvement. Now it is no different with Nightfall.

Excellent, looking forward to it. So far, the mod is looking fantastic. I assume the "good" ending ending like that was also intentional (es the bad ending being more canon).

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:39 pm

Don was so pissed about the vans I couldn't help but laugh
Rain
Rain
Electra

Don Vecta, oracle, Herb1e and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:04 am

Don Vecta wrote:Excellent, looking forward to it. So far, the mod is looking fantastic. I assume the "good" ending ending like that was also intentional (es the bad ending being more canon).

Yeah, it was intentional, which the second end you saw being the "official" one. I'm happy you liked the mod. In the future, I hope to merge the custom enemies from SOK.

Just updated the link with version 1.1, with the improvements based on your feedback. Give it a shot.
PS: I also deleted data/cutscenesa.fpg because it was creating some issue, and also updated a few palettes

Last edited by oracle on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
oracle
oracle
Fog

Don Vecta likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:20 pm

Excellent news!
I have to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vince
vince
Electra

oracle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Herb1e Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:57 am

Well I have done two playthroughs of Rudra Nightfall. I did the bad ending on V1 and the good ending on V1.1

I will first say that this is absolutely an excellent mod. It takes what BFR1&2 did and makes it even better. I love the use of cutscenes to tell a more complicated story than most other mods. Stage design is great, really makes me feel like I am exploring Japan. Enemy placement is pretty solid, certainly better in V1.1 after the kickboxers were toned down. Also it was a good call to remove the vans from the foreground. They were obtrusive and also didn't really match the style of the other cars.

Now I have a few issues to bring up. First, there seemed to be a lack of food items, especially during boss fights. This did not really affect my playthroughs much but beginner players could be turned off by that. Also, I think that Vecta mentioned before that sometimes dialogue comes up when you are fighting enemies, which makes it very hard to pay attention. Maybe make it so in some stages you have to walk a little bit for enemies to appear so we can read the dialogue

I also found a few bugs in the mod:
In stage3n (pool lounge) there is an error in the map and it allows for you to walk up part of the wall. Just a simple fix but I thought I would point it out.
RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) Snapsh34

In stage 7p, if you beat the Yamato before he uses the health spell, then you have to go back to the beginning of stage 8. This happened in my playthrough but I didn't really mind because it gave me a chance to look at the other ending. Probably just set it so that the Yamato on stage 7 is not a boss, so in the chance that you do beat him, it will take you back to stage 8 where he uses the health spell.

Also, not really a glitch, but in stage6m(Lenore Hotel), there are two traps behind the wall. I'm not really sure what the point of these are and they are pretty annoying when you are fighting an enemy and suddenly you lose a bunch of your life.

Overall though, really great mod! I think with a few small tweaks, this could be one of the greatest SORmaker mods on the forums. Keep up the good work!

Donovan

https://sites.google.com/view/herbgamesonline/home

Don Vecta, oracle, Puzirkov and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:47 am

So, here it is, the new run of the latest Nightfall, now this is as perfect as it could be. No complains whatsoever. Great job, Onyx. Was a pleasure collaborating with you on this mod.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

oracle, Puzirkov, gravegun, Rain, Teramussa and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:16 am

Ok. I just published the final version (version 1.2).

It fixes the pool map issue that Herb1e pointed out and the issue with Yamato in 7p, as well as the minor issue with Sookie landing outside the canal after jumping. It adds some missing food items in boss scenes, removes some dialogs appearing during fights and includes some other minor tweaks.

It also comes with this new title screen tongue

RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) 39lCo9A
oracle
oracle
Fog

SORDave, Herb1e, Rain and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:51 am

Sweet hopefully I'll be able to check out the mod tonight
Rain
Rain
Electra

oracle and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:12 am

If you liked the new character Synthia. I've made an alternate title screen with her:

RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) 1vO2XcB
oracle
oracle
Fog

SORDave, Puzirkov, Rain, RicardoXI and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:37 pm

A lengthy review and run of Nightfall 1.1, alongside a synopsis, has been published by @vangames (thank u, vangames!). But I've to say... The story is not so open, if you accept Y's proposal. Smile

Simply Awesome! Rudra: Nightfall 1.1 is the name and finished version of the Rudra 2029 project!
Perhaps many of us felt that it was long past time for a new narrative and a new line of events.
A world that retains the spirit of SoRR but develops the concept on a larger and more diverse scale. To develop new gameplay stories and thus prevent the possibility of SorR becoming boring.

And here's a new game from Oracle that might open up that new niche and inspire new works!
The game looks more like a concept model, but is fully playable.
The staked concept could pave the way for a whole new branch of Streets of Rage Remake development alongside classic mods.

But what does Rudra: Nightfall possess?
First, a new, in-depth and original story set forward in the near future.
Mr.X's syndicate no longer exists, but its revival has begun. Far away in Tokyo, Mr.X's evil machine gathers speed. It is now run by the daughter of the sindicate boss.
As you can guess the missions in Rudra: Nightfall take place in Japan and Rudra is the main protagonist there. Backed up by a new logistics support team, in the form of Risa and Gaius Onix.
Of course Axel, Blaze and Adam's group still exists and is part of the story, but it's far away in Wood Oak City. Thus, the focus of the adventures in Streets of Rage Remake shifts to Rudra and interacting with this new team.

The gameplay also has its own peculiarities.
Rudra: Nightfall has short and short stages with all new scenery. New attributes in every aspect. New pallets for the enemies as well as an all new and futuristic car fleet.
In Rudra: Nightfall (Rudra 2029), you'll find a whole maze of alternate routes to take, as well as a plethora of choices to make. All of these will determine how your gameplay will proceed.

The story seems to remain open, which promises new additions to its development.
We are eagerly waiting for the author to delight us with the next episode of Rudra: Nightfall (Rudra 2029)
The authors of this mod are Oracle and  SorR community.
oracle
oracle
Fog

Don Vecta, Rain and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gravegun Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:19 pm

Amazing mod; one of the best for sure.  I actually prefer the difficulty of the first release. v1.2 seems much easier. I didn't mind the kickboxers and appreciated the challenge.

gravegun
Galsia

oracle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:51 pm

gravegun wrote:Amazing mod; one of the best for sure.  I actually prefer the difficulty of the first release. v1.2 seems much easier. I didn't mind the kickboxers and appreciated the challenge.

While I understand that regular kickboxers would not upset players like you, I really think Don was right and it needed to be toned down.

I was not planning to have another update, but now I have a very strong reason to have another update. There has been some major breakthrough related to artwork, so we're likely going to have one final big update soon with some major additions to cutscene artwork.
oracle
oracle
Fog

Don Vecta and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:40 pm

Due to some unexpected personal issues, it may take a while before the final update with the new artwork is published. Meanwhile, I leave here this new Rudra art Smile I've been thinking last week and I have some ideas on how to make a presequel of this mod as well as a continuation of the story after the I accept choice, but I still have to evaluate my schedule to make it possible.

RUDRA: NIGHTFALL COMPLETE v1.4 (UPDATED) XzmnQgm
oracle
oracle
Fog

Don Vecta, Puzirkov, saboteur, Rain, MARTIN98 and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MARTIN98 Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:18 pm

oracle wrote:Due to some unexpected personal issues, it may take a while before the final update with the new artwork is published. Meanwhile, I leave here this new Rudra art Smile I've been thinking last week and I have some ideas on how to make a presequel of this mod as well as a continuation of the story after the I accept choice, but I still have to evaluate my schedule to make it possible.

https://i.imgur.com/XzmnQgm.png
So beautiful Rudra art (and Risa! Very Happy ).
The most awaited mod is finally released! bounce  Thank you oracle, I will definitely play this.
MARTIN98
MARTIN98
Galsia

oracle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next