SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE

+15
Mr.Din
Feanor
BigDarsh
KFCutman
MangoRyu28
graylandertagger
DarkThief
Manicmagnet
Laucorn
Zarzak
Charco
Benny26
Lithium Flower
Don Vecta
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 4 Empty Re: Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE

Post  Don Vecta Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Well, I'm definitely going a bit ahead with the immersion of the original Rushing Beat game... and decided to fiddle with something.

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 4 SnapshotRBR02_zpswkbiz8e2Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 4 SnapshotRBR00_zpskivicbtbRushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 4 SnapshotRBR01_zps3hd14140Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 4 SnapshotRBR03_zpscz6kqzf6
(the last one, a new area: a boxing gym)

So, what do you think? Razz

Last edited by Don Vecta on Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 4 Empty Re: Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE

Post  bazzza Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:23 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Well, I'm definitely going a bit ahead with the immersion of the original Rushing Beat game... and decided to fiddle with something.

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 4 SnapshotRBR02_zpswkbiz8e2Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 4 SnapshotRBR00_zpskivicbtbRushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 4 SnapshotRBR01_zps3hd14140

So, what do you think? Razz

Donnie I know this say's wip, is playable yet. I am only asking because it is in the completed mods section. Also is it possible to get my grubby paws on your remix of the never back down mod please.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Okay, fair enough... I'm moving this to the demos/experiments area. Razz

Trust me, the old mod will pale compared with the new v2.0 mod.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:38 pm

such a DICK TEASE! sfkfjaklfjajfalfjkasfl I want it, I WANT IT NAO!

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:53 pm

Here's a balance demo and a teaser of the new alternate route, featuring two new kickboxer bosses: Hack & Slash (cookie for the ones who get the reference and the palettes). Razz

I'm considerably toning down the difficulty now that I'm doing my tests with Axel-1 all the time instead of Max, and also, considering how pumped up is the AI in v5.1.

Enjoy the new construction site and the boxing gym with its breakables. Razz

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:19 am

Okay, requesting your input, people:

I've been playing the OG Rushing Beat again after several years and well, game ain't easy, mainly cuz enemies can be incredibly aggressive (yeah, talking about you, fucking Skinny/Slick or you Goro/Kato), the odd hitboxes it has (game ain't super polished), and relies too much in the Ikari Mode comeback gimmick. SORR is somehow paired with its difficulty (mainly in Mania).

So, anyways, the biggest comeback gimmick SORR has is Murphy's. Also, in Rushing Beat Shura, the players have both Ikari attacks, Ikari mode AND a DM (Pretty much like Rudra, Ash and Elle), so, question, you think I should make Murphy available in the open sky areas or in streets for the mod? Yes? No? Why?

Thank you for your input.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:59 pm

Indeed the rushing beat series has quite awkward/clunky battle design and the first one might be the most underthought of them all. Rushing Beat is the first ikari mode of the medium which will plague Fatal Fury series (gave up in laters installment) then KoF series (gave up in laters installment), then the tekken series (TTT, then T6 then TTT2). All of them gave it up for a good reason, it is unpolished inelegant and all followed the Capcom path (for a good reason).

So it's up to you to make your tribute with an unpolished come back mechanics (like the police support the very one Sega gave up, for a good reason) or to adapt your battle design in a modern way.

SoRMaker is designed for old skool feature (unpolished or not) and for modern feature (unpolished or not). To me, the choice you have to make is an artistic decision which can have disastrous social aftermath. I'm the audience, I respect your decision because I love the genre, but I really do think that you should care about other people who are not as "open minded" as me, and go the Capcom way.

Because Capcom lobotomized the planet.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:42 pm

^ Hence the reason I'm asking a vote here.

So, I take you're against the Murphy's call?

EDIT: Incidentally... I'm leaving this here and moonwalk myself outta here like poetry in motion. Razz

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 4 Snapshot_zpsnslsj0hm

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:58 pm

I gave ins and out.
Me the user: I'm okay with both as long as it makes sense. It's your tribute and I adopt the experience the author offers me.
The police way = battles are thought with police usage/police pick up/save police for tough battle/areas allows police usage when required and not when not required.
The no police way = battles are thought with no police usage from the first to the last.

Me the advisor: going the police way might be not welcomed by a part of the audience (ie: the "real warrior" knows that using police is for the weaklings). Wink

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:31 pm

As you know I balanced Adam Story around token Murphy calls at every boss fight he was available. Some enemy swarms were even beefed up as 'call Murphy here' zones in hard+.

This is where Darsh is coming from. If you make the mod with police calls in mind you must keep action high and ensure bosses have sufficient health to survive 2 players hitting the button and still having at least one remaining health bar in all difficulties. Since you've stepped aside from Max to 'difficulty test' with someone else I believe you may be able to pull it off enjoyably now (this follows a similar idea to me learning Adam whilst balancing around the experience of testing with an unfamiliar character to create the masterpiece we all know).

If you were still testing 100% Max I would vote 'no police calls', just saying. Razz
Should you be confident and willing to take the time to carefully tip the scales without them falling over, then go ahead and build around police calls.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:25 pm

No police call, the comparison to ikari mode is not even close imho. This particular mod I prefer none because it's been built around not having it so far and it's been solid considering.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Seeing you upload a run of the original game at full difficulty helps me give a better answer.
The best way to reference Ikari would be to set up a large group of extra enemies with relatively low health to swarm the player, forcing them to use their special a few times... fighting them off in a desperate rage.
Add a bottle of water (or a selection of fruit) before or after (you choose) any Ikari zones you want to set up, to help refil some of the life spent.

How's that for adaptive translation? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:06 pm

CajNatalie wrote:Seeing you upload a run of the original game at full difficulty helps me give a better answer.
The best way to reference Ikari would be to set up a large group of extra enemies with relatively low health to swarm the player, forcing them to use their special a few times... fighting them off in a desperate rage.
Add a bottle of water (or a selection of fruit) before or after (you choose) any Ikari zones you want to set up, to help refil some of the life spent.

How's that for adaptive translation? Razz

Good concept, somehow it's been translated in the balance patch as I've reduced drastically the lifebar of some enemies that have quite a huge chunk of health. Mania exclusive enemies (the ones having the big stacks of health) always drop food. Notice that the OG game also have very few pickups and health is scarce (hence the reason why I lost two continues.... and my lousy, rusty gameplay).

I think the new patch is enjoyable. The one that will be tweaked and feel more freestlye is the Grandmaster Challenge, which is still too much Kung Fu even for hardcore maniacs like me.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:50 pm

The X-mas holidays and the load of work I've got in the last week didn't allow me to work too much in them mods... so until now I was able to have something done...

like...

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 4 Snapshot_zpsqb2p5qs1

Custom items for Rushing Beat. Including name tag and picture when picked up. Yeah, so no more "apple" cosplaying as "curry" anymore. They are marked as the real deal and with the proper font of the game (I did the same for the Mighty Final Fight mod as well).

Unfortunately, couldn't find the fpg containing the weapon's nametags, so those still have the SORR font instead. :-/

But still, "small" update (trust me, it took longer than I thought edit the images and the names, a real chore), but getting closer to the final beta. Smile

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:42 pm

Thanks.

Okay, seems the core game itself is done. Working now in re-balancing and making the Grandmaster Challenge fair and fun.

The Grandmaster Challenge won't be just another insane, almost unplayable route for experts anymore (Very Hard and Mania can access it only)... well, it WILL still have a huge challenge for experts, but paired up with the v5.1 AI, it will be definitely more balanced.

So, some of the tweaks I'm doing are:

• Reducing some exaggerated lifebars I had in some enemies, especially in Mania only enemies.
  • Mania only enemies will either grant a food drop or will have a HUGE score point on K.O., we have to reward the challenge somehow and keep the player going.
  • The bosses location will also be relocated. No more Ice Man/Captain/Kintark with x8 bars in the final area.
  • Now there's an anti-cheating method for non-Very Hard/Mania players (accessing it though SORmaker), all enemies are set on Very Hard or above and Mania only and an Easy Only/Normal Only/Hard Only bosses with no energy, therefore, no way to play it in lesser difficulties.

I'm still WIPing this shit, so hopefully tonight or tomorrow the close beta will be ready. Stay tuned.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:40 pm

Wouldn't it be better to cut the game short at a specific level on lower difficulties? I don't plan on playing on those difficulties but might be better to encourage the player to play harder difficulties rather than cutting them off entirely? I like that you're taking the time to push the player though!

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Mr.Din wrote:Wouldn't it be better to cut the game short at a specific level on lower difficulties? I don't plan on playing on those difficulties but might be better to encourage the player to play harder difficulties rather than cutting them off entirely? I like that you're taking the time to push the player though!

Ah no no no, the core game is open to ALL the difficulties, along the standard ending. The only one I'm cutting off from is the extra Grandmaster Challenge, which is a some sort of reward/challenge for the experts who get on higher level (just like the original).

Besides, two alternative and unique hidden routes is not rewarding enough for everyone already? Razz

EDIT: Oh, found a rather interesting effect that works in the street from the Grandmaster Challenge. Being a street with a big thunderstorm falling down and many parts of the road are full with puddles that reflect the city above, just realized that the puddle areas are under pure black and the background reflections are in 50% and 75% each... well, since the background is in total black, as soon the enemies fall or there's a sudden move, the reflection also cast a faint flash over it (which is usually caused by the blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr void of the pure blackness). The cool thing is that the flash simulates other flashing thunders happening in the cityscape behind. Neat, huh? Razz

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:57 pm

Ah sorry I read that wrong! So does that mean in the area prior The challenge there will be a lock out boss to end the level before the player even gets to try and go that route?

Also I was actually going to suggest maybe shortening the warp areas to just that one scene on lower difficulties making the other paths a reward for higher level play. Can't wait to see that effect in action.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:55 pm

Well, the hidden routes WILL BE hidden routes... just sayin'  Twisted Evil

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:31 pm

Lock-a-doodle-doo. Twisted Evil

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4