SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE

+15
Mr.Din
Feanor
BigDarsh
KFCutman
MangoRyu28
graylandertagger
DarkThief
Manicmagnet
Laucorn
Zarzak
Charco
Benny26
Lithium Flower
Don Vecta
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 2 Empty Re: Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE

Post  DarkThief Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:26 am

Well, I have to say that this mod certainly has the challenge dial turned right up...it looks quite simple (swarms not too big, little or no anti-air) but they hurt A LOT. Stage 2 especially...that boss is unique and deadly, although prone to luck as well with the bombs and bikes going off everywhere. The grandmaster stage is also a nice touch, with the recoloured scenes and all of the mod's enemy placement rules being broken (so now we get big swarms and some or lots of anti-air).

So yeah, it's not for the faint-hearted (especially if you play Roo or a hero class due to there being no polices anywhere) but a decent mod nontheless.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 2 Empty Re: Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:40 am

Oops! I didn't notice this review until now, lol! Thank you, Thief. Yeah, wanted to add an extra punch to Very Hard and Mania players, while hard mode keeps exactly the same positioning shown in the SNES game. Thank you once again.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Oops! I didn't notice this review until now, lol! Thank you, Thief. Yeah, wanted to add an extra punch to Very Hard and Mania players, while hard mode keeps exactly the same positioning shown in the SNES game. Thank you once again.

BTW. Not to go off topic for too long, but how is Hunter a Cold Quest for Peace coming along. Is it still in development?
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  MangoRyu28 Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Played through this last night on very hard using Max. First thing I want to say is, thanks for this great mod! I took the grand master challenge at the end of the game and really enjoyed the challenge. Looking forward to more new mods!

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:03 am

Played this mod again this morning and really enjoyed it, it must have some of the cleanest and most detailed graphics in any mod I have played and I just love the music.

Any update on H.U.N.T.E.R.?

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:38 am

Charco wrote:Played this mod again this morning and really enjoyed it, it must have some of the cleanest and most detailed graphics in any mod I have played and I just love the music.

Any update on H.U.N.T.E.R.?
I usually avoid touching the topic of H.U.N.T.E.R. since I know I'm more than overdue with Cold Quest of Peace. But as you may know, my PC got fucked and everything I was working on went to hiatus, but I'm back to work now.

I can tell the whole mod is fully playable, but only needs the construction of the epilogues and the bonus stage (you know any new entry can't help having that extra something), plus, TONS of the old scenes were completely revamped using freshly ripped resources in native resolution so it's also worth to replay the old missions not only for the new appearance but also cuz I rebalanced enemies in health, positioning and order.

I guess this might be the final "MOTY Edition" with all the DLC's and the updates included, and bug fixes too. So stay tuned.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:28 am

Sounds awesome! Keep up the good work and take your time. Playing Rushing Beat Remake and seeing again just how well put together it is got me excited for your next project Smile

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:35 pm

H.U.N.T.E.Rv1.1 with Subway Mayhem blaze -1
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjI4Njk2OTE2.html

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Some pictures for Survive
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2169740078

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:53 pm

6566328 wrote:H.U.N.T.E.Rv1.1 with Subway Mayhem   blaze -1
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjI4Njk2OTE2.html
Nice played, dude! There's a thread about H.U.N.T.E.R. here. You can put your runs here. Thank you for playing.
https://sorr.forumotion.net/t232-hunter-moty-complete-edition

6566328 wrote:Some pictures for Survive
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2169740078
For survival runs, use this thread (actually, you opened this thread, lol).
https://sorr.forumotion.net/t125-survival-boss-rush-videos

Thank you once again, you're a great player. Smile 

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:40 pm

Okay, I've just did this.

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 2 CustomArmand_zps61f27066

The ones who played the Grand Master Challenge, found this Codys roaming around. Had the concept that these guys would be a couple of army freaks fancying weapons but have absolutely no idea how to use a gun or even to have proper combat training... their haymakers are slow but pack a wallop, though. They are dangerous in the usage of guns... even to themselves!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:41 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Okay, I've just did this.

The ones who played the Grand Master Challenge, found this Codys roaming around. Had the concept that these guys would be a couple of army freaks fancying weapons but have absolutely no idea how to use a gun or even to have proper combat training... their haymakers are slow but pack a wallop, though. They are dangerous in the usage of guns... even to themselves!

Nice sprite work here Don, makes me wish enemy maker was a thing for SoR Maker. the guy reminds me of duke nukem haha

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Okay, dearies. Got a little surprise for you.

As part of giving a 100% immersion of a tribute mod, BigDarsh have worked in a FANTASTIC sound scheme for this mod.

This sound pack includes all the SE's from the original Rushing Beat games but... we always thought the impact effects were pretty piss poor in that game, so... we went a bit further and redesigned the attack/impact effects based mainly on KOF '94 and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, and lemme tell you, it does sound badass!

It also contains perfectly remastered ogg's for the mod, so volume, balance and mood it's just at the top expectations.

The beauty of this sound pack is that can be used in any mod and it will sound pretty awesome, I highly recommend you to try it, download it, replace the music in the mod and use this data folder, you'll not regret at all (not to mention it's always a good thing to replay my mod, hehe Very Happy ).

Download link:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=2F2933F59569E458&id=2F2933F59569E458!173&mkt=fr-FR

Remember, the data folder goes into the main folder of SORR, the ogg's folder go inside the Rushing Beat Remake folder, replacing the old files.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Don Vecta wrote:

WOAH! Now that's how you take a sprite from one game and turn it into another. The uppercut looks really nice. The only problem is his knockdown sprite.
Other than that, good work Don.

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:37 am

The beauty of this sound pack is that can be used in any mod and it will sound pretty awesome
I'm not totally with you here, I think this sound pack fits best your great Rushing Beat Remake mods, since it involes a lot of voice effect that come from the Rushing Beat Series.

This said, the sound pack feature impact from KoF94 and SSFIIX and I can create a standalone with those Impact sound effects which can be virtually compatible with any mods. I just wait for feed back for releasing it.

Thanks for your kind word about my work, and thank you very much for making RB Remake Mod: it does kick ass!  Cool

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon May 05, 2014 12:23 am

Okay, I finally found out exactly how the access to the bonus area is unlocked (yeah, yeah, kinda unrelated.... or is it?).

http://tcrf.net/Rival_Turf!

It does seem that, against popular belief that was only available on stage 4 area, there were other 3 access points (2 of them totally inaccessible in-game due of design flaws), also they need an EXACT number of kills in score, otherwise it won't work (now that explains why I never actually accessed it).

So, the mod related question here is... shall I add these hidden bonus areas in the mod? Wich means, should I make a new patch of the mod (with probly something extra?) or... should I leave the mod as it is? Rolling Eyes 

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon May 05, 2014 8:36 am

Greed is good! More bonus rooms please! Unless it impacts on the development of Mighty Final Fight/H.U.N.T.E.R. of course  Smile 

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed May 07, 2014 8:31 am

Don Vecta wrote:Okay, I finally found out exactly how the access to the bonus area is unlocked (yeah, yeah, kinda unrelated.... or is it?).

http://tcrf.net/Rival_Turf!

It does seem that, against popular belief that was only available on stage 4 area, there were other 3 access points (2 of them totally inaccessible in-game due of design flaws), also they need an EXACT number of kills in score, otherwise it won't work (now that explains why I never actually accessed it).

So, the mod related question here is... shall I add these hidden bonus areas in the mod? Wich means, should I make a new patch of the mod (with probly something extra?) or... should I leave the mod as it is? Rolling Eyes 
YES MOAR! Very Happy

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Well, hello der! Welcome to another episode of "Messing Around Old Mods with the New v5.1 Features", with your host Don Vecta!

In today's episode, we'll talk about a couple of new additions to this classic mod, like... finally recreating a feature that the original game had:

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 2 RBlockerdoor00_zps6c259401
"Oooh! This locker room is so quiet... too quiet. I don't like that!"
Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 2 RBlockerdoor01_zps1fc65278
"I'm free! OUT OF THE CLOSET!"

Yup, now this is possible! I want to try it also wit the stage 1's glass panes from the café, but the problem is that it is a window, so cannot put an enemy behind it without making weird that players and enemies alike can clip past through the lower part of the window pane. I guess I might do something similar but with the door instead (even though it wasn't in the original game). Unless... if any of you have an idea how this breakable window setup can work, I'm open for suggestions. Smile

Oh... and you think I'd re-release this mod only to feature this new things? Oh no no no... this mod needs a whole new bargain.

How about...

Rushing Beat Remake v2.0 (WIP) by WSE - Page 2 RBnewarea00_zps028ceeca
...new stages from the alternate routes? Very Happy

Yeah, so I decided to go for the unused alternate routes, but instead of leading to that bonus stage only, why not really going into new places without breaking the style of the original Rushing Beat? So, yeah, extra content just for you, so it's your the price.

And if you don't like it, you can ask your money back! lol!

As always... STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TUNED! Facepalm with a Desk

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm suing you vecta I didn't sign up for all this fapping! Very Happy

As for the window pane, I'm not entirely sure what you mean but maybe you could place a blockade where the punks have to go around them? The windows are just there for destructible backgrounds right? Is it possible to set a layer for the bottom half as well?

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Feanor Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:20 pm

Damn, now that looks cool!
Feanor
Feanor
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Mr.Din wrote:I'm suing you vecta I didn't sign up for all this fapping! Very Happy

As for the window pane, I'm not entirely sure what you mean but maybe you could place a blockade where the punks have to go around them? The windows are just there for destructible backgrounds right? Is it possible to set a layer for the bottom half as well?

Yeah, but... they won't be bursting out from the window, which is basically the point of it. Sad

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:14 am

Don Vecta wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:I'm suing you vecta I didn't sign up for all this fapping! Very Happy

Yeah, but... they won't be bursting out from the window, which is basically the point of it. Sad
ah okay I see what you meant now, hmmm why not do full body panels instead? Would that work?

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:00 am

Mr.Din wrote:
ah okay I see what you meant now, hmmm why not do full body panels instead? Would that work?

I think so, there's not a big clearance between the lower part of the window and the floor, so yeah, why not?

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next