SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games: News & Releases

+31
Don Vecta
Charco
Benny26
Saven
Security
KFCutman
celestinx
Lithium Flower
Shyning77
Break
JoyJoyfulRabbit
E253MechaShadow
El Gambito
Shiva
William Assunção
Shadow Fist King
Groovemaster303
Xillatem
MangoRyu28
maruf1000
BigDarsh
Rapha.7
NeoVamp
bazzza
Criss
iceweb38
Stevo
Espilonarge
RuffNTumble
Emthree
badjab326
35 posters

Page 39 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

Games: News & Releases - Page 39 Empty Re: Games: News & Releases

Post  Saven Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:55 am

bazzza wrote:Plus it did not have the most annoying character ever in a RPG Vaan.

I don't think Vaan was as bad as people make him out to be. Sure, he wasn't a good main protagonist and was obviously shoehorned begrudgingly because Square thought Basch was too manly for Japanese audiences, but I thought he was a dorky but funny character that knows when to keep his mouth shut. But yeah, there was no reason for him or Penelo to be in the game. Hell, why was Penelo there? She didn't have any reason to tag along. It should've just been a group of Basch, Balthier, Fran, and Ashe.

And sorry, but FFXIII does have the most annoying character in RPG history.
Games: News & Releases - Page 39 Latest?cb=20090727142009&path-prefix=de
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:54 am

Hope was really annoying yeah.

Could also argue that Vaan was a protagonist in a very light sense since when you get the option to switch the party leader you can effectively remove him from most of the game. In XIII you were stuck with who they gave you which was a major step back in battle customisation.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:40 pm

OK so we already got some good start for the 2016 edition of E3:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:40 am

I was at a gaming expo this weekend and played a few games of a half-complete Sociable Soccer, made by the same guy who brought us Sensible Soccer back in the day.

Day one purchase!
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:28 am

Before the Bethesda conference starts here soon, I am going to put this video here. The reactions to both of these games getting announced three minutes apart from each other represents what video gaming should be about. It was an amazing night and I hope we get more goodness starting here soon with Bethesda's press conference, who also had an amazing press conference last year btw with Fallout 4 and DOOM.

EDIT: Holy shit, Clem has really grown up since we last saw her.

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:08 am

XII's cool point was Balthier, period.

From then on, FF is dead.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:43 pm

As someone who played Quake III Arena a lot back in the day, I am really excited about this one.

Also,

Free DOOM demo available all week.

Just played it on my PC last night and I am definitely picking this one up. Smile
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:38 am

Saven wrote:
bazzza wrote:Plus it did not have the most annoying character ever in a RPG Vaan.

I don't think Vaan was as bad as people make him out to be. Sure, he wasn't a good main protagonist and was obviously shoehorned begrudgingly because Square thought Basch was too manly for Japanese audiences, but I thought he was a dorky but funny character that knows when to keep his mouth shut. But yeah, there was no reason for him or Penelo to be in the game. Hell, why was Penelo there? She didn't have any reason to tag along. It should've just been a group of Basch, Balthier, Fran, and Ashe.

And sorry, but FFXIII does have the most annoying character in RPG history.
Games: News & Releases - Page 39 Latest?cb=20090727142009&path-prefix=de

No Snow WAS NOT annoying character at all he was brilliant. He was well written for, well developed he fit in well with whole brilliant FFXIII trilogy, great character. If you want annoying characters take a look at FF IX VI and X all the characters in those are annoying as they come.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:21 pm

bazzza wrote:No Snow WAS NOT annoying character at all he was brilliant. He was well written for, well developed he fit in well with whole brilliant FFXIII trilogy, great character. If you want annoying characters take a look at FF IX VI and X all the characters in those are annoying as they come.

Top kek

I was talking about Hope, the character that I posted a picture of, not Snow. Hope was by far the worst FF character ever made and I wanted to shoot him anytime he came on screen and I had to hear his constant whining and annoyance. With that being said though, I kinda feel for him though as I can understand why he's so pissed off at the world after that godawful name he received from his parents. Who the hell names their boy Hope?

Hope's Father: "Son, you will live the life of a faggot. Therefore, you shall be named Hope."

But in all honesty, he's just a terrible character even if he had the name Steve or something, and fits right in with this game. Speaking of which:

FFIX - Would not fit right in. Incredible cast of characters and the only bad apple is Amarant, who is far from being one of the worst characters of the series and is just meh.

FFVI - Eh, my biggest issue with this cast is that there are too many of them and don't get fleshed out and some of them (Umaro and Gogo) are just ultimately meh. The ones that do get fleshed out (like Terra, Figaro brothers, Locke, etc.) are amazing however.

FFX - The only other place that I can think of where Hope would fit right in. Before FFXIII came out, this game held the title of the most annoying character ever in Tidus, and had some pretty terrible characters like Yuna and Kimarhi as well. Auron and Wakka (despite his awful weapon) are cool though.

Anyways, let's talk about E3 yesterday. The whole day felt pretty lackluster (outside of the South Park trailer) until that Sony conference came rolling around. Holy shit at that conference! Shocked

First off, they open up with a real orchestra overture that plays right into a new God of War that has (FINALLY) evolved from 2005 with new cameras, gameplay, and even setting change. Now we are in the Norse mythology and this is a for sure Day 1 buy from me.

Here's a version with the real life orchestra too and reaction.

And for the first time since 2002...Resident Evil is interesting to me again! Gone are the Third Person Shooters that made me hate and abandon the series and back is what appears to be a return to actual survival horror with puzzles and traps. Very Happy

And for all of you RE4 and newer fans that are mad about this. This is exactly how us old fans felt when RE4 and the games that followed it pissed all over the series, and I'm loling at each and every one of you that actually says "This isn't a real Resident Evil title."

(This video was really hard to find surprisingly)

And welcome back Kojima! Wait, you already got something to show us!?

A quick teaser trailer showing off Norman Reedus' buttcrack video game format in a new game. Maybe Not Silent Hills? Can't wait!
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:52 pm

Saven wrote:
bazzza wrote:No Snow WAS NOT annoying character at all he was brilliant. He was well written for, well developed he fit in well with whole brilliant FFXIII trilogy, great character. If you want annoying characters take a look at FF IX VI and X all the characters in those are annoying as they come.

Top kek

I was talking about Hope, the character that I posted a picture of, not Snow. Hope was by far the worst FF character ever made and I wanted to shoot him anytime he came on screen and I had to hear his constant whining and annoyance. With that being said though, I kinda feel for him though as I can understand why he's so pissed off at the world after that godawful name he received from his parents. Who the hell names their boy Hope?

Hope's Father: "Son, you will live the life of a faggot. Therefore, you shall be named Hope."

But in all honesty, he's just a terrible character even if he had the name Steve or something, and fits right in with this game. Speaking of which:

FFIX - Would not fit right in. Incredible cast of characters and the only bad apple is Amarant, who is far from being one of the worst characters of the series and is just meh.

FFVI - Eh, my biggest issue with this cast is that there are too many of them and don't get fleshed out and some of them (Umaro and Gogo) are just ultimately meh. The ones that do get fleshed out (like Terra, Figaro brothers, Locke, etc.) are amazing however.

FFX - The only other place that I can think of where Hope would fit right in. Before FFXIII came out, this game held the title of the most annoying character ever in Tidus, and had some pretty terrible characters like Yuna and Kimarhi as well. Auron and Wakka (despite his awful weapon) are cool though.

Anyways, let's talk about E3 yesterday. The whole day felt pretty lackluster (outside of the South Park trailer) until that Sony conference came rolling around. Holy shit at that conference! Shocked

First off, they open up with a real orchestra overture that plays right into a new God of War that has (FINALLY) evolved from 2005 with new cameras, gameplay, and even setting change. Now we are in the Norse mythology and this is a for sure Day 1 buy from me.

Here's a version with the real life orchestra too and reaction.

And for the first time since 2002...Resident Evil is interesting to me again! Gone are the Third Person Shooters that made me hate and abandon the series and back is what appears to be a return to actual survival horror with puzzles and traps. Very Happy

And for all of you RE4 and newer fans that are mad about this. This is exactly how us old fans felt when RE4 and the games that followed it pissed all over the series, and I'm loling at each and every one of you that actually says "This isn't a real Resident Evil title."

(This video was really hard to find surprisingly)

And welcome back Kojima! Wait, you already got something to show us!?

A quick teaser trailer showing off Norman Reedus' buttcrack video game format in a new game. Maybe Not Silent Hills? Can't wait!

Sorry but I meant Hope but I will still maintain he was a fantastic character great background story to him, and well developed through out. he was also well designed as well. FF IX the hold cast was awful Steiner Quina and Eiko in particular, but they were all awful but it was the worst FF game made a truly horrible game FFX was let down by the characters but the gameplay was great and the battle system the sphere grid was a great concept as well. VI another supremely overrated pile of garbage it sucked on every conceivable level how people can rate this as one of the best has alway baffled horrible game.

Quiet possibly the only one but I think RE 5 and 6 are the absolute best in the series, they did not play at a snails pace, they both had a great story and set pieces brilliant characters and still maintained a great atmosphere. They were brilliant and got undeserved hatred towards them. And I have been playing the Resident Evil series since the PS1 era as well, if Capcom are going back to the old style then they are basically taking a massive step backwards because the old are seriously dated and do not play very well at all now.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Games: News & Releases - Page 39 XObpn0r
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:48 pm

I know we already talked about this but on the RE7 situation, while I got quick that what they showed was not the real game but a teaser, the switch from RE0 (last classic RE) to RE4 felt a much more natural evolution than what's happening here since it's now switching to FPS.
RE never was a FPS in its core so this can't be considered a return to form, no matter the focus on horror. A true return to form would be the return of tank controls and camera angles, which RE2 remake will probably do.

I want to see the real game before deciding if RE7 might be worth it or not but while I'm a fan of both the classic and 3rd person eras of the series, I generally despise FPS so this is truly the first time I feel driven away by the franchise. Guess I'll contend myself with the remakes and the Revelations episode, as Revelations 2 truly felt to me like the way to go for the future of the franchise.

On Death Stranding, man Kojima sure is a fast worker!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:07 am

iceweb38 wrote:On Death Stranding, man Kojima sure is a fast worker!

Not really, he said he has not even decided on a game engine yet and all that was shown was a teaser with no game Wink

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:00 pm

Charco wrote:
iceweb38 wrote:On Death Stranding, man Kojima sure is a fast worker!

Not really, he said he has not even decided on a game engine yet and all that was shown was a teaser with no game Wink

Makes sense, he sure came up with a teaser that hyped a lot of people fast though! Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:48 pm

I just hope he didn't reveal it too early. I hate announcing games and then it not being released like three or four years later. That is a trend that needs to stop in this industry.

Anyways, I know I'm a bit late about talking about the Game of the Show 2016, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they renamed the subtitle to Breath of Fresh Air because holy shit did that game look awesome and finally was a needed evolution in the series. I don't even know where to begin with the awesomeness that I watched for 4 hours yesterday (before passing out from heavy drinking lol) of those live demos.

https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/v/72391082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZwAGNVjc0

This is a link to the live demos. If you are bored and have nothing to do or watch, I highly recommending jumping into these (starts about an hour in because they showed some boring pokemon demo first).

Games: News & Releases - Page 39 JUraoFn
Games: News & Releases - Page 39 A49KQ0O
Games: News & Releases - Page 39 Giphy
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:47 am

Okay so while some of you thought Microsofts conference was meh, I honestly enjoyed that one the most. It seems they are really pushing cross-platform play for their next set of titles and I think that's what the gaming community needs. Not only that, but the fact that Microsoft is finally giving PC gaming the support it deserves is refreshing.

Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4
Halo Wars 2
Recore
Scalebound
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2
We Happy Few

All slated for Xbox and PC releases, with several specifically noted to have cross-platform online play. Also Tekken 7 was announced for Xbox One, PS4 and PC and I'm thinking it might be the first game to have 3 way cross-platform online play. The fact that this is the first Tekken game officially released for PC has me really excited.

Definitely looking Forward to Metal Gear Zelda: Breath of the Wild despite the fact that I have never played a Zelda game for more than 5 min. I'm also excited for Crash remastered and skeptical of the GoW and Resident Evil sequels.

My biggest disappointment is the shifting focus to VR and specifically Batman Arkham VR. That sounds like the worst idea ever and I'm incredibly upset that as a huge fan of the series I have to spend an extra 400 for a console attachment that i think will end up being a novelty at best. A game like this would be better suited to Iron Man.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:47 am

Saven wrote:I just hope he didn't reveal it too early. I hate announcing games and then it not being released like three or four years later. That is a trend that needs to stop in this industry.

Anyways, I know I'm a bit late about talking about the Game of the Show 2016, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they renamed the subtitle to Breath of Fresh Air because holy shit did that game look awesome and finally was a needed evolution in the series. I don't even know where to begin with the awesomeness that I watched for 4 hours yesterday (before passing out from heavy drinking lol) of those live demos.

Ughhhh, those Zelda graphics look terrible why are they doing them in a pastel effect way. The gameplay as well looks bland.

https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/v/72391082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZwAGNVjc0

This is a link to the live demos. If you are bored and have nothing to do or watch, I highly recommending jumping into these (starts about an hour in because they showed some boring pokemon demo first).

Games: News & Releases - Page 39 JUraoFn
Games: News & Releases - Page 39 A49KQ0O
Games: News & Releases - Page 39 Giphy
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:54 pm

^

Hmmm....did you have something to comment on regarding my entire post bazzza?

EDIT: Ooooh, I saw what you said now. I thought you had quoted me and forgot to comment on it. It's pretty hard to understand these new fandangled html tags that came out recently in 1996.

Anyways, regarding what you said:

bazzza wrote:Ughhhh, those Zelda graphics look terrible why are they doing them in a pastel effect way. The gameplay as well looks bland.

Games: News & Releases - Page 39 23c

Last edited by Saven on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:23 pm

It starts tomorrow my fellow master race!

EDIT: Nevermind, this Steam sale was utter shit, just like the last two were.

Last edited by Saven on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:26 am

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:31 pm

SJWs bitched about KOF Angel's boobs. SNK made her boobs even bigger in response.

As someone who doesn't really play KOF, I gotta say...good for you SNK, fuck them lol!
Games: News & Releases - Page 39 Slow_clap_citizen_kane
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:11 pm

Saven wrote:SJWs bitched about KOF Angel's boobs. SNK made her boobs even bigger in response.

As someone who doesn't really play KOF, I gotta say...good for you SNK, fuck them lol!
Games: News & Releases - Page 39 Slow_clap_citizen_kane
Well, actually, the source is nto trustworthy, but nevertheless SNK adjusted the same sized boobs with MOAR cleavage, maybe as SWJ countermeasure or not, regardless, we're loving this!

And KOF XIV will be in Guangzhou next month, so I'm gonna take a nice look at it. The communities of SNK are in high hype. Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:56 pm

I played KOF XIV briefly in Paris at the weekend.  It's pretty tight - think the good old classic 2D KoF games with one or two SFIV inspired elements to it (cinematic Max SDMs).  I only had the chance to play as Terry, Yuri and Nakoruru so can't really comment on the other characters at this point.

The simplistic graphics (by comparison) actually work quite well IMO.

Oh and SJWs can all go jump off a fucking cliff
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:33 pm

SEGA wrote:Have you ever discovered a video game Easter egg before anyone else or thought of one that you wish you could tell the developer to put in? Well now is your chance! We are currently working on a new mobile game that will include many of your favorite SEGA characters. Let us know about a cool Easter egg idea below and our developers might just pick some for the game!

Games: News & Releases - Page 39 13692988_10154353639211796_5512998755864565878_o

https://www.facebook.com/Sega/photos/a.133608051795.134727.28248536795/10154353639211796/?type=3
Ok so even if it's just a mobile game, time to get those brains working! Razz

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Even though I know people will find something to whine and bitch about regardless I have to give sega their props here. They're FINALLY doing what nintendo has been doing with mario for years and giving us different games for different tastes, for once I'm actually drinking the koolaid and getting excited for sonic again. That being said, a new 2d sonic that stays true to the classic style means there is NO excuse to not have a retroactive SoR game if we get one at all that is.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next