SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games: News & Releases

+31
Don Vecta
Charco
Benny26
Saven
Security
KFCutman
celestinx
Lithium Flower
Shyning77
Break
JoyJoyfulRabbit
E253MechaShadow
El Gambito
Shiva
William Assunção
Shadow Fist King
Groovemaster303
Xillatem
MangoRyu28
maruf1000
BigDarsh
Rapha.7
NeoVamp
bazzza
Criss
iceweb38
Stevo
Espilonarge
RuffNTumble
Emthree
badjab326
35 posters

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Games: News & Releases - Page 4 Empty Re: Games: News & Releases

Post  Stevo Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Well I'm definitely enjoying MGRR and hyped up for Tomb Raider next week but Aliens Colonial Marines will be going on this years 'big disappointment' list...and I had such high hopes.
Stevo
Stevo
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:40 am

Ok, so I downloaded the God of War Ascension demo and it feels... like I've seen it all before. The level they released seemed to have fairly generic enemies and the controls felt a little "looser" than previous games in the series. Why didn't they release the part in the trailer, you know, the one with the cool looking enemies and that new time altering mechanic? I dunno, I will wait for the reviews but this doesn't seem like a day one purchase for me like The Last of Us will be.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Sorry to read that, could be really detriental for the game if they're releasing a generic part as a demo, I don't see quite as much hype for this game than for the previous episodes.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Like I told badjab in the chat last week, the series needs a overhaul. It has really gotten stale.

GOW - Holy shit, incredible gameplay! I was completely blown away by the gameplay and I was immediately hooked from the minute the game started all the way to the very end. My personal GOTY of that year.

GOWII - Okay, don't fix what's not broken, that isn't a bad idea at all. Nothing new has changed except for a few new things. But since the series is so new and the gameplay was widely praised the last time, there is no reason for it to have a revamp, so this is a good thing. Personally didn't think it was as good as the first one, but it was still a great game.

GOW: CoO - A PSP side story. So again, there is no reason for the series to be changed and we are just expecting the same old GOW on a portable console. It does this quite well, albeit a little too short, even for by GOW standards.

GOWIII - Okay, this is where the series was beginning to feel a little stale. Besides a awkward jump mechanic change, the series is still the same. I still didn't want to complain yet since it was a part of a trilogy of games and you want to have some consistency, but I felt that after this game there should be a revamp in gameplay.

GOW: GoS - I played this for one day and never touched it since. It wasn't a bad game by any means, but I am just starting to get tired of the same old gameplay over and over again by now. It really needs a revision at this point.

So far, besides multiplayer, I am not seeing much change with Ascension and thats got me worried. The gameplay was incredible when it came out. But you can only do so much with something that was done back in 2005. I feel like I am blowing $60 on the same game over and over again. The series has become stagnant.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:59 pm

As someone relatively new to the series, I picked up the GoW Saga and played through the whole thing in chronological order. Tbh it really felt like 1 really big/long game and that was pretty cool. I can understand how you long time fans feel as it's been a very long road and you've probably played the games plenty times since they've been released. The only 2 I've played more than once are Chains of Olympus and GoW III (played once or twice prior to buying the Saga for myself).

The main reason I'm getting this though is for MP. I have a few friends who are GoW fans and this would be a chance for all of us to play something together. Also the multiplayer brawler genre is pretty fresh. So far there was really only Anarchy Reigns, and that game wasn't exactly my cup of tea (though I may try it again later). I know I enjoy the GoW combat as it reminds me a LOT of MK Shaolin Monks so I'm looking forward to trying this out. Plus I already got a bunch of free DLC from the Rise of the Warrior web game so I'd like to put it to use.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:51 pm

I agree 100%

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:22 pm

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:43 pm

I imagine that could be one of the fastest Kickstarter goals reached so far.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Could be, depends on how much money he asks for the game though. Laughing

I hope it happens though, can't leave a series hanging on a huge cliffhanger like that one just did.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:35 am

I hope it goes through. But give me an HD collection first please! I really wanna give the series a shot and I don't feel like burning them for dreamcast Razz

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:37 pm

I downloaded the DmC demo and must say it was great fun. I had never played the old Devil May Cry games so I have nothing to b*tch about. Might pick this one up when it drops in price to 20 quid. Check it out.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Charco wrote:I downloaded the DmC demo and must say it was great fun. I had never played the old Devil May Cry games so I have nothing to b*tch about. Might pick this one up when it drops in price to 20 quid. Check it out.

I agree, I played it and it seemed like a pretty cool game and it seemed it took upon the same atmosphere and funness of the origina games (sans retarded redesign). I think I will pick it up when it is cheaper as well.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:13 am

So apparently that new Tomb Raider game is really, really good. I'm surprised. Shocked

....I'm still going to wait for about a week and see how the general opinion is like then. Laughing

And while looking around for some general opinions I came across some really strange questions on gamefaqs...One of which if you ever see Lara poop out in the open during the game. Laughing
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:26 am

How are you surprised? It had a pretty damn good showing at it's reveal. Tbh it's the only Tomb Raider game that had me interested with a trailer. I'll definitely be picking it up, but since I'm not a big fan of the series in general it'll probably be after a price drop.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 am

I was skeptical of it. It looked a little too actiony for a TR game for my tastes. Razz Plus I didn't hear the amount of praise before the last couple of weeks.

Hope it's as good as they say because I might pick it up. Regardless, it's nice to see Tomb Raider be popular again though.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:51 pm

It's not a Tomb Raider game. It is any action game with no puzzles that has the words "Tomb Raider" on the box. A half price pick up for me.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:09 pm

God damn this game is looking awesome.

edit: Annnnnnnd Co-op survival mode for GoW:A

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:25 am

Sony bows down to political correctness and changes the trophy "Bros Before Hoes" to "Bros Before Foes"

So fucking stupid, you can't joke about anything in this country anymore. Evil or Very Mad

"Lets sell a really violent M video game where we slam a dude's head into a door repeatedly until he bleeds out, rip peoples eyes out, hell even gauge them out in some of the most painful ways, kill innocent civilians for EXP and even have have sex with nude women. OH SHIT we said hoes!!! WE MUST UNDO IT! FUCK LOGIC!"

I gotta say, I lost any respect I had for Adam Sessler after this debacle. He has become what he was fighting against for all those years. Dude is morphing into Jack Thompson (I guess the game is a 4/5 now since they got rid of such an "evil" name for a trophy Rolling Eyes ).

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:13 pm

^ Yeah that whole thing is lame.

Either way though, finally got my hands on the game. Jumped straight into multiplayer for a few rounds, and I must say it's pretty damn good. It's a breath of fresh air in the online world which is filled with nothing but shooters and 1v1 fighters. The best comparison I could make would be to Powerstone 2, but with a much more broad scope.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:30 am

Alright, played through up to chapter 8 thus far in GOW: Ascension. The game does get a little better after the demo section, but yeah its pretty much the same game since GOW1. I would probably just go ahead and buy it when its cheaper if you are not in a hurry to play it.

Speaking of GOW, here's some interesting trivia I found regarding David Jaffe's proposed vision of what GOW3 would've been that was scrapped.

A GTTV Extended Cuts interview with David Jaffe is up on GameTrailers. In the last 5 minutes of the video, he explains in pretty rich details what was his vision of God of War 3. To sum it up, all of the Gods of every ancient religions would have been tricked by Kratos into fighting each other. Egyptian, Norse, Greek, name 'em. The manner in which Kratos kills them is by making mankind forget about the Gods that have abandoned them. The final shot of the game would have been the three wisemen looking up to the stars, symbolising the birth of modern religions.

That would've been a MUCH, MUCH better ending than what we got. But I see why Sony scrapped this idea, since it would've pretty much killed any chance of another sequel and would close up all loose ends within the series if they went that route.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:28 pm

Scott Pilgrim Online mode DLC out today for everybody!

Anyone is planning to get it? for those who haven't bought it yet, there's an ultimate pack for 15€/$ (less for those who suscribed to PS+).

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:35 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Scott Pilgrim Online mode DLC out today for everybody!

Anyone is planning to get it? for those who haven't bought it yet, there's an ultimate pack for 15€/$ (less for those who suscribed to PS+).
I was thinking about it. But honestly I'm holding out for DD Neon, which I'm hoping get's either a price drop or an online patch.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Saint's Row IV trailer has been released. Game release date has been put forward as 23th August.

As the storyline goes, the Third Street Saints have become leaders of the free world after their boss was elected president of the United States. But things quickly turn bad when a catastrophic alien invasion occurs and the characters are transported into a Steelport simulation. Players will have access to insane superpowers and alien weapons to try and fend off the attack.

It's tempting to say that Saints Row is getting too stupid now...but then that's always been the case so what the hell.

I 100% won't be buying this day 1 like i did with SR: The Third though (boy was that game a letdown)..I'll be waiting for the fanbase reaction first, and I'll bet I'm not the only one who's going to do that.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Wow, this is just ridiculous. I liked 1 and 2, because they were over the top while still being grounded in reality, and the story was actually decent. I played a little bit of 3 but 2 mins was enough for me to know I wouldn't like the game. I mean I can't fault them for trying new things, but damn it's like they're trying even harder to cater to 12 yr olds. I wasn't on board for the futuristic take of SR3 and I damn sure won't be on board for the space alien theme of SR4.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 pm

Just got that infamous trophy in God of War: Ascension.

Wow, that's what hurt Adam Sessler's vagina? That was very mild compared to some of the scenes in the rest of the series.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next