SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games: News & Releases

+31
Don Vecta
Charco
Benny26
Saven
Security
KFCutman
celestinx
Lithium Flower
Shyning77
Break
JoyJoyfulRabbit
E253MechaShadow
El Gambito
Shiva
William Assunção
Shadow Fist King
Groovemaster303
Xillatem
MangoRyu28
maruf1000
BigDarsh
Rapha.7
NeoVamp
bazzza
Criss
iceweb38
Stevo
Espilonarge
RuffNTumble
Emthree
badjab326
35 posters

Page 5 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next

Go down

Games: News & Releases - Page 5 Empty Re: Games: News & Releases

Post  Criss Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:44 pm

In case noone heard, the Multiplayer addon for Scott Pilgrim is out, adds online function and Wallace Wells, a head-swap of Stills. The online works fairly decently, but it plagued with disconnects unfortunately.

If you don't own the base game, right now you can pick up the Game+Knives DLC+Online/Wells DLC for one bundled price of I think 14.99. Great deal for a fantastic beat-em-up.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:09 pm

Some AWESOME info on Injustice's insane amount of content! Very Happy

Injustice has a few new things that aren’t common to the average fighting game, including an extensive Story Mode, an XP system, and a mission-like adventure called S.T.A.R. Labs.

Story mode kicks off with one hell of a cutscene, something that will leave your jaw wide open. You may have been spoiled elsewhere, but I’m not going to do that here. After the cinematic, you get to play as Batman to start things off. With your first opponent being Lex Luthor, you initiate a small mini-game before the actual match. However, this is not a pew-pew, Galaga type mini-game. This determines how your match is going to start. Let me explain. Lex is your opponent, but before the match starts, you get these simple commands (press B or Y, etc…) that flash pretty quickly at the bottom-right corner of the screen. If done correctly, you throw a batarang to keep Lex from approaching you. I failed this exercise because of how excited I was, but the point is, if you win the game, Lex starts the real match with a chunk of his life missing. If you lose, Lex will keep his life heading into the match. The matches from here on out vary, and you get a chance to play as most of the characters throughout story mode.

If you’re familiar with the trial/challenge/mission modes in most fighting games, then you will absolutely love S.T.A.R. Labs. There are tons of missions to do in this mode, and sometimes even missions within missions. The copy I got to play had over 200 and it still wasn’t the complete build of the game. Every character has a few objectives to complete. As far as the mission within the mission idea, they’ll ask you to do something simple like defeat Black Adam. However, within the same challenge, they’ll ask you to do something like throw Black Adam 10 times, land 8 special moves and perform 2 supers, all before defeating him. All of this, as well as story mode, help you gain XP and level up, which we will discuss later. Remember the Lex Luthor mini-game I mentioned earlier? Well, S.T.A.R. Labs has some surprises of its own. One of the missions I did had a simple task: defeat Harley Quinn. What made this match random was that Two-Face is part of the mission, standing in the background tossing his coin and yelling out heads or tails, correspond to the first and second players respectively. As the sides are called out, he takes pot shots at the fighter whose side is called out. Here I am pulling off one of my sexy combos on Harley and it stops, only to see that Two-Face isn’t there to look cute in the background. I found this to be an extremely cool addition to the mission, and it’s things like these that help set S.T.A.R. Labs apart and keep it interesting.

After spending any amount of time in either the story or S.T.A.R. Labs modes, you’ll have a bit of racked up XP. This currency can be used to unlock things like icons, achievements, skins, and badges. It also helps you level up within the game, which unlocks further tiers with bigger and better rewards, similar to the Krypt in Mortal Kombat.

My time with the game made me very impressed with the way its turning out. While the combat mechanics are on point, the game also offers a story mode unlike anything seen in fighting games before, as well as a few fun diversions in the S.T.A.R. Labs when you want to check out what else the game has to offer.

And here's an ingame pic of Criss... I mean Nightwing's alternate costume Razz
Games: News & Releases - Page 5 Crv6DEO

Confirmed roster so far
1 Aquaman
2 Bane
3 Batman
4 Catwoman
5 Cyborg
6 Deathstroke
7 Flash
8 Green Arrow
9 Green Lantern
10 Harley Quinn
11 Hawkgirl
12 Joker
13 Lex Luthor
14 Nightwing
15 Shazam
16 Sinestro
17 Solomon Grundy
18 Superman
19 Wonder Woman
20) Raven
21) Black Adam
22) Doomsday

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 pm

It's good to see that DC fans are going to be in for a treat.
It just makes me even more eager to see how their next MK game will shape up, even if it won't be on the current gen Sad

One rumor that is going to make me SUPER HAPPY if it happens to be true:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/19/final-fantasy-x-hd-includes-x-2-on-ps3-not-on-vita

Now to wonder where the hell I am going to find 300+ hours to spend on both games

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:06 am

iceweb38 wrote:It's good to see that DC fans are going to be in for a treat.
It just makes me even more eager to see how their next MK game will shape up, even if it won't be on the current gen Sad

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/19/final-fantasy-x-hd-includes-x-2-on-ps3-not-on-vita

Now to wonder where the hell I am going to find 300+ hours to spend on both games

I would rather have FFX and FFXII's special editions remastered in HD instead. I would buy it day one.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:04 am

But it is the ultimate version of both FFX and FFX-2 that are getting an HD treatment there and the rumor just got confirmed.
I forgive Square for all the time it took, it was worth it! Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Don Vecta wrote:I'm getting both PS3 and PC versions. PC most likely will create a mod community just like GTA so things might become more interesting.

Guess late 2013 will have some nice games to play.

What modding on a ubisoft game, I think not ubisoft are against that sort of thing like squaresoft.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:01 pm

Saven wrote:
iceweb38 wrote:It's good to see that DC fans are going to be in for a treat.

I would rather have FFX and FFXII's special editions remastered in HD instead. I would buy it day one.

Really a HD version of the 2 worst final fantasy games in the series I want square to what most of the world want and that is HD versions of VII and VIII.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Benny26 wrote:Saint's Row IV trailer has been released. Game release date has been put forward as 23th August.

As the storyline goes, the Third Street Saints have become leaders of the free world after their boss was elected president of the United States. But things quickly turn bad when a catastrophic alien invasion occurs and the characters are transported into a Steelport simulation. Players will have access to insane superpowers and alien weapons to try and fend off the attack.

It's tempting to say that Saints Row is getting too stupid now...but then that's always been the case so what the hell.

I 100% won't be buying this day 1 like i did with SR: The Third though (boy was that game a letdown)..I'll be waiting for the fanbase reaction first, and I'll bet I'm not the only one who's going to do that.

Dafuq? Aliens? President of the US? Where's the GTA alternative it used to be when SR2 got released? Man, SR2 was pure golden and I consider was the best of the series. SR3 went way too vulgar and coarse and didn't even bother buying it.

Allow me to also be on the sidewalk as it's get released. If I see it's more crap then will be a R.I.P. for another game franchise.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:42 pm

bazzza wrote:
Really a HD version of the 2 worst final fantasy games in the series I want square to what most of the world want and that is HD versions of VII and VIII.

Well, it would be rather difficult to upscale two PSX games compared to a couple PS2 games that are already in HD, but set to 480p due to console limitations.

FFXII is a really underrated game. No
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
Benny26 wrote:Saint's Row IV trailer has been released. Game release date has been put forward as 23th August.

As the storyline goes, the Third Street Saints have become leaders of the free world after their boss was elected president of the United States. But things quickly turn bad when a catastrophic alien invasion occurs and the characters are transported into a Steelport simulation. Players will have access to insane superpowers and alien weapons to try and fend off the attack.

It's tempting to say that Saints Row is getting too stupid now...but then that's always been the case so what the hell.

I 100% won't be buying this day 1 like i did with SR: The Third though (boy was that game a letdown)..I'll be waiting for the fanbase reaction first, and I'll bet I'm not the only one who's going to do that.

Dafuq? Aliens? President of the US? Where's the GTA alternative it used to be when SR2 got released? Man, SR2 was pure golden and I consider was the best of the series. SR3 went way too vulgar and coarse and didn't even bother buying it.

Allow me to also be on the sidewalk as it's get released. If I see it's more crap then will be a R.I.P. for another game franchise.

What the third is the best in the series had better gameplay than the first two lot better story gameplay was smoother and the humour was better suited to the type of game. In fact with the third the first two can be forgotten and number two pure golden really it played like shit and the comedy was awful and the story.

I am liking the look of the 4th as well with the alien invasion theme and the comedy looks even more left field it is looking good.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:14 pm

bazzza wrote:What the third is the best in the series had better gameplay than the first two lot better story gameplay was smoother and the humour was better suited to the type of game. In fact with the third the first two can be forgotten and number two pure golden really it played like shit and the comedy was awful and the story....in my opinion

Fixed.

and no...just no.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:48 pm

The great thing about SR1 and 2, is that the humor, while over the top and ridiculous, wasn't forced down your throat like 3 and like 4 is shaping up to be. I like a bit of comedy and satire in my games, but I don't find naked people wearing chicken heads shooting people with lazer guns the least bit funny.

Hell the main problem I had with San Andreas was that it was wayy too over the top for a GTA game. And one of the main reasons I hate playing Arcade mode in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is because the ridiculous customizations used on the characters really breaks the fluidity of the game, and the personality of the characters I'm fighting.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:00 pm

I don't trust Netherrealm with DLC. They promised a lot with the DLC for Mortal Kombat and we got a were mute Kenshi, a mute Rain (both were good though but I mean come on...) Freddy Krueger (hooray! a character no...one...wanted...), a Ninja Chick (cool new char) and nothing but ninja palette swaps, some even on the disc. No new stages, no new fatalities, no new costumes. Jesus as much as I hate Capcom's prices they supported the crap out of SSIV.

After the shit they pulled with the Vita version and its extras, they really gotta step it up to compete with Bethesda/Rockstar Games/Bioware in terms on DLC-loyalty.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:24 am

Criss wrote:I don't trust Netherrealm with DLC. They promised a lot with the DLC for Mortal Kombat and we got a were mute Kenshi, a mute Rain (both were good though but I mean come on...) Freddy Krueger (hooray! a character no...one...wanted...), a Ninja Chick (cool new char) and nothing but ninja palette swaps, some even on the disc. No new stages, no new fatalities, no new costumes. Jesus as much as I hate Capcom's prices they supported the crap out of SSIV.

After the shit they pulled with the Vita version and its extras, they really gotta step it up to compete with Bethesda/Rockstar Games/Bioware in terms on DLC-loyalty.
The DLC might have been lame, but it's not so bad when you consider the main game had more content on-disc than pretty much all Capcom fighters combined, with DLC. Don't get me wrong, I really wanted more since it's hard to keep playing a game with netcode that awful, and no new things to try out, but I won't let it define Netherrealm as a company, because everything else they gave us was perfect.

MK9 was a stepping stone to greatness, and I'm willing to support Netherrealm in hopes that they'll do even better next time (which I'm 90% sure they are already). In case you hadn't heard, one of the DLC skins (Green Arrow) has a completely different voice actor than the one for the primary.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:54 am

Would be nice if they revisited mk9 though, that complete version should get more content and a netcode fix...

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:42 am

Mr.Din wrote:Would be nice if they revisited mk9 though, that complete version should get more content and a netcode fix...

This.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Now that we're talking about it, there's a rumor saying that a PC version of MK9 is planned, based on a Amazon page.

But yeah, don't expect any MK games so soon when they seem to favor doing Batman&cie games Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:38 pm

bazzza wrote:

What the third is the best in the series had better gameplay than the first two lot better story gameplay was smoother and the humour was better suited to the type of game. In fact with the third the first two can be forgotten and number two pure golden really it played like shit and the comedy was awful and the story.

I am liking the look of the 4th as well with the alien invasion theme and the comedy looks even more left field it is looking good.

... was it me or it was too hard for me to read that? I had to re-read twice or three times. Oh yeah, my English sucks. Rolling Eyes

badjab326 wrote:The great thing about SR1 and 2, is that the humor, while over the top and ridiculous, wasn't forced down your throat like 3 and like 4 is shaping up to be. I like a bit of comedy and satire in my games, but I don't find naked people wearing chicken heads shooting people with lazer guns the least bit funny.

Hell the main problem I had with San Andreas was that it was wayy too over the top for a GTA game. And one of the main reasons I hate playing Arcade mode in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is because the ridiculous customizations used on the characters really breaks the fluidity of the game, and the personality of the characters I'm fighting.

Now this guy knows what is he talking about. Hints of comedy and fun are alright but going like HONK HONK! LOOKEY AT ME, SO FAHNEEEEEEEEE like they tried on 3rd, bitch, please! SR3 failed. Badly. You can see the reception overall. I expected SR3 could compete with the Episodes from Liberty City but... nah, was such a let down I wouldn't even bother to spend my cash on it.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:09 pm

iceweb38 wrote:Now that we're talking about it, there's a rumor saying that a PC version of MK9 is planned, based on a Amazon page.

But yeah, don't expect any MK games so soon when they seem to favor doing Batman&cie games Rolling Eyes

Yeah I heard about that. Supposedly it was called GotY edition rather than Komplete Edition. I wonder if it would have all of the Vita content.

Honestly I'd settle for a better netcode in MK9, but I know that's pretty much impossible to do with a patch. I'd love to see some more costumes though, and maybe a balance patch to nerf Kabal and buff Stryker Razz

EDIT: In this ironic yet pretty good piece of news, SFIV is getting yet ANOTHER update lol
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/mar/22/capcom-announces-new-update-street-fighter-4-pax-east/

If they add more characters, I might actually get this one.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:34 pm

I guess we can say Capcom does what others won't, like supporting their games years after their original release.

Or remastering their classics like this one:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:54 pm

iceweb38 wrote:I guess we can say Capcom does what others won't, like supporting their games years after their original release.

I have to say I am looking forward to this loved this game when I was a young-un (god I feel old now) Rolling Eyes

Though this does not look like the version I remember, there was flying parts launch pad mc'quack and you had to rescue scrooge mc duck any way ce-la-vie.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:47 pm

iceweb38 wrote:I guess we can say Capcom does what others won't, like supporting their games years after their original release.

Very cool, the originals on the NES are still great.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Shocked

MUST HAVE NOW!!!!!

Funny, I was just thinking about this game the other day and how it would be awesome to get another DuckTales game. I'm so glad that Capcom is doing this. I gotta say, I feel they have been making some good decisions as of late after the SFxT debacle. I hope they don't screw up The Moon theme in this remix.

Also, FFX HD scans:
HD Remaster:
Games: News & Releases - Page 5 2458468-6566781267-ljnoc

Original:
Games: News & Releases - Page 5 2458469-1790666077-ff105

Magazine scan:
http://gamingeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/final_fantasy_x_hd_scan1.jpg

I see that Square is trying to make Tidus look less and less like Meg Ryan now. Laughing

Last edited by Saven on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:58 am

DOUBLE POST FOR GREAT JUSTICE

More DuckTales gameplay:

Transylvania Boss Fight Shown in more detail. A much different fight from the original

Looks pretty cool, but I couldn't stand how obviously shitty the guy playing the game was. Laughing
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:25 am

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next