SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Redux

+5
MARTIN98
Puzirkov
Herb1e
SORDave
Rain
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Redux - Streets of Rage Redux - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Redux

Post  SORDave Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:52 am

Anytime,Rain.

Keep up the great work,hope to see more progress later this month.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Redux - Streets of Rage Redux - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Redux

Post  Iceferno Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:03 pm

Once you have some finished stages, do let us know and post preview shots of them.

The dock factory stage got me very interested in how that particular version of Stealthy Steps might sound.
The subway stage also looks beautiful, but I'm curious where it would occur? Between Dilapidated Town and Moon Beach?
SOR1 is my favourite of the series, so I'm very keen on this mod and where it goes from here.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Rain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:13 pm

The stage order will be moved ( just a bit) like i moved moon beach to be later in the game
Rain
Rain
Electra

Iceferno likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:16 pm

That's true,it dose happen in this version of the mod

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:02 am

just a demo

the 2ed stage song is just a placeholder...

Rain
Rain
Electra

Don Vecta, SORDave, Puzirkov, Iceferno, Herb1e, pepodmc- and RicardoXI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:33 am

Not bad, liking it so far.

Couple of technical tips: make your scene transitions more smoothly. When you change the floor of the scenery from one style to the other, we only can see a dry vertical cut that simply looks out of place. My suggestion is to make that cut based on the diagonal angle of the stage. Let me give you an example.
Streets of Rage Redux - Streets of Rage Redux - Page 2 DrVhq5nhtyEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Here, the diagonal angle from the transition of the harbor boards into another type of floor is a 45 degree, one pixel angle. This is because the harbor boards are on that angle, therefore, the next scene should have that angle as well.
Streets of Rage Redux - Streets of Rage Redux - Page 2 SF9nzthXlgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==Streets of Rage Redux - Streets of Rage Redux - Page 2 D9BxztjSzcjmAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
In this case, the angle is 2 pixel wide angle. Most stages in SOR have this type of angle and a cut based on that can make smoother, better looking transitions. See how it changes the concrete flooring into the metal planks: it keeps the same angle and the stage looks more harmonious. 
Streets of Rage Redux - Streets of Rage Redux - Page 2 Ky+WZ0eiB4gAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Now this kind of transitions are smoother if one of the flooring has no angle lines whatsoever and therefore, you can keep the angle as you like, either on 1 pixel or in 2.

So far so bueno. I'm loving the progress on the mod. If you need help how to make these transitions, hit me on Discord.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Mr.Din, SORDave, Puzirkov, Iceferno and Rain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:36 am

thanks for the tips
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:34 pm

just a quick work in progress photo

Streets of Rage Redux - Streets of Rage Redux - Page 2 Bandic21
Rain
Rain
Electra

Don Vecta, SORDave, Puzirkov, Iceferno, Herb1e and RicardoXI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:40 pm

Oh wow! Not bad Rain,keep it up. Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:55 pm

Ahh very nice. Like an upper class take on the stadium pathway. This is really coming together. Thumbs up

Big-Ben

SORDave and Puzirkov like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:11 am

I agree with Iceferno,it looks neat & way different from the original stadium entrance,interesting. Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:17 am

ok so I put this up on YouTube yesterday but it was in 240p so I made a better one
but I guess it was for the best because since that video I have made so updates to the stage

I really like how this stage came out

Rain
Rain
Electra

SORDave, Puzirkov, Iceferno, Herb1e, pepodmc- and RicardoXI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:28 am

Excellent work Rain,only two stages left to finish & then you can look over & touch up all the stages before you release it,keep it up. Thumbs up

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:32 am

Actually there is a few more than that before the release lol

But its just a matter of getting all or the Scenes finish
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:39 am

Oh lol my bad then,still Im really looking forward to this mod. Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

Rain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:49 pm

Looks awesome. I like the transitions within the section. This could be great inspiration for a future album I make. Smile

Big-Ben

SORDave and Rain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:54 pm

I wonder what sort of future album will that be?

And Im super excited for this mod!

SORDave
Hakuyo

Rain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:56 am

today is a specials day because now 4 stages are 100% complete in full with means half of the mod is now complete i could see a December early January release if every thing goes right from here
Rain
Rain
Electra

SORDave and Puzirkov like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:07 am

Woo,Im hyped to play it when it's done!

SORDave
Hakuyo

Puzirkov, Rain and RicardoXI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:42 am

happy Halloween! think of this a treat from me

Rain
Rain
Electra

Don Vecta, SORDave, nikolya0602, Iceferno, Herb1e and RicardoXI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:04 am

Fantastic job,Rain,it looks very simular to the original,keep it up & edit these stages until they look as the same. Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

pepodmc- likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:13 pm

Looking great so far. From what I've seen, you're keeping the strong city visuals of the original in, which is what gives SOR1 its character.
Can't wait to see more. Thumbs up

Big-Ben

Rain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:57 pm

i am happy you are looking forward to this mod! it really means a lot to me
Rain
Rain
Electra

Puzirkov and Iceferno like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:38 am

1 stage to go...... so be on the look out cuz anyone of these days i could drop a download link

a screenshot of my most recent work

Streets of Rage Redux - Streets of Rage Redux - Page 2 Bandic22
Rain
Rain
Electra

Don Vecta, SORDave, Iceferno and Herb1e like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:56 am

Sweeeeet! Geez,Rain,you are seriously working around the clock on this mod,I hope it'll be close to the original. Smile

And I'll keep an eye out for the download.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Rain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next