SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:

Go down

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:  Empty Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:

Post  xRainmakerRSx Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:20 pm

:

Below, the miracle prints:

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:  Ndice2

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:  Ndice

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:  Ndice3

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:  Ndice3

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:  Ndice88

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:  Ndice2

Old players love 'pure pixel art'? It may even be that BUT I am an old player and I am not playing 'minecraft' or emulating a 16-bit cartridge on a pentinum3 in 1999! So if you ask me if I prefer "pure pixel art" or "rounded pixels" for a filter or shader of any kind .... I will tell you that I want to see an image in high definition!

IMPORTANT: If you do not use the "Windowns10" operating system, I cannot say that your computer will have this effect of rounding pixels in the zoom! You have to test it!

Old players love 'pure pixel art'? It may even be that BUT I am an old player and I am not playing 'minecraft' or emulating a 16-bit cartridge on a pentinum3 in 1999! So if you ask me if I prefer "pure pixel art" or "rounded pixels" for a filter or shader of any kind .... I will tell you that I want to see an image in high definition!

And believe me, after 10 years playing streets of rage remake, JUST NOW the image is OF MY TASTE!

The magic happened to me under the following conditions:
- Windows 10 zoom
- SorR standard window in widescreen mode (4x3 should be the same but not tested), not in 2x or 3x .... just normal!

- Adjusting the zoom will generate minor imperfections on the screen but nothing will affect the game.

- The ideal zoom percentage may be different and may not fill 100% of your screen. And you can use a dark wallpaper so that the sides or horizontals don't bother you!

My configs:

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:  Whats-App-Image-2021-04-06-at-11-54-22-PM

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:  Whats-App-Image-2021-04-06-at-11-52-35-PM

I created this topic to share this 'discovery' with everyone after all!

Many like me broke their heads trying to find a solution to improve the graphics experience in this beloved game!

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:  WATER-WINE

In my personal opinion, the game should present only one type of graphic image: wine!

Hope this helps! bounce

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:  Empty Re: Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:

Post  bareknuckleroo Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:46 pm

This looks awful. You've taken crisp pixel artwork that was originally designed to look good on a CRT and turned it into a blurry mess where small details like eyes are completely obliterated and lost. Just look at Blaze and Adam's faces. Instead of low-resolution, painstakingly shaded pixel art, it now looks like a weirdly stylized high-res where someone decided to draw everything with abstract geometric shapes and blobs. Just look at what's happened to the stuff that's supposed to be square or rectangular, such as the windows of the buildings on the title screen.

Furthermore, this appears to introduce a bunch of really ugly looking vertical artifacts everywhere: https://imgur.com/a/NTmog2I

I do like the water vs wine comparison, if only because it's an unintentionally and appropriately dire warning against alcoholism. Water is what's good for your body and soul. Wink

Signal

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

xRainmakerRSx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:  Empty Re: Filter or shader for SORR v5.2 in widescreen mode YES! OH MY GOD YES! and tha's de way:

Post  xRainmakerRSx Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:25 pm

After so many years I can't really put a game on my high definition TV in 'pure pixel art' where it applies about 8x the original resolution completely distorting the original expectation of inance in the mega drive! I prefer a cartoonized filter to soften the giant lego blocks that such an enlargement of image 416-320x240 to 1920x1080 creates!
Just place the game in 1x window to see what the original perspective is, without so many squares on the screen!

Anyway I am glad to know that we have many options of visual perspective for this beloved game, my dear 'water man' since the game did not give us such options natively in its new 'widescreen' format. In fact if you know how to apply CRT scanline or any other type of filter to the widescreen mode in the game I am all ears! You are my favorite Roo player! Health!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:07 pm

I do not normally use shaders or CRT filters because I don't mind the look of lower res games on large displays where the pixels are crisp and visible, but what you're after is something that can be configured to work system-wide with any game. I think this is what you're after: https://reshade.me

example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwQUBsxK6JA

Signal

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

xRainmakerRSx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:46 pm

Yes I have used shaders via reshade for many years and in many steam games the result is excellent! But speaking in terms of "SorR" the game is unconventional and does not use OpenGL or DirectX of any kind which makes it impossible for us to apply reshade or "SweetFIX" to improve the image of SOR = / Crying or Very sad  

I understand the reasons why you thought "windos10 zoom" was a bad idea .... but think of it as using a "mod" in a steam game, it's something that only you will see! It won't bother other players, so that's okay, right? I mean, it's a discovery that I made and wanted to share here on the forum.

Maybe somebody else will like it someday =]

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  E253MechaShadow Mon May 03, 2021 12:51 pm

I'll never be able to understand people who prefer THIS over the sharp-looking pixel art. This is just distasteful.
E253MechaShadow
E253MechaShadow
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Mon May 03, 2021 1:28 pm

Ahh, this is the style I know as "SuperEagle" on Snes9X. Used it a lot back when I first played emulators.
It was kind of interesting seeing retro graphics smoothed out, but I also prefer crisp pixels these days.

Nora

https://iceferno.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockmanxx Sat May 08, 2021 2:47 pm

Good God, that looks like an Atrocity! CRT Filters(HLSL/Hylian/Scanlines) are the only acceptable Retro filters. Everything else just makes the game look WORSE.

Rockmanxx
Galsia

E253MechaShadow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down