SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP

Go down

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Empty [TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP

Post  Don Vecta Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:53 am

Well, there's 2 news regarding custom characters in v5.2, enemies and playable alike: a good one and a bad one.

Let's start with the bad one: ANYTHING made for v5.0, v5.0a and v5.1 now is graphically speaking useless in v5.2...  
[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Snapshot

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Snapshot
...unless you wanna play with noised up characters, that is.😒

Now, the good news:
[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Snapshot
an fpg from v4 is now visually visible on v5.2, which means the encryption for custom characters is gone. Which will make the development of new custom characters definitely a lot easier from now on.

So, from the bugtrack list, I'll paste the instructions for custom enemies as it's mentioned.

Code:
Added enemy swap for Sormaker:
- This is a very basic replacement, in mod/resources folder, electra_sor1.fpg has been added as an example.
- Drop the fpg file in the root of the mod folder, this replaces the enemy
- Collisions and other features needs control points to work:
000 - Sprite alignment
001 - Weapon position
002 - Impact hitpoint
006/007 - Footprints
- If you are using Auto Sor2/3 collisions you are good to go, collisions are autogenerated with that given information, proper hitboxes of x0,x1,y0,y1 with internal custom values
- New hitbox Sor2/3 needs manual input:
003 - x0/y0
004 - x1/y1 (these are width/height)
- The colours of the replacement sprite must match the colours of the original sprite for this to work.
- The fpg file must be 8bit, this is mandatory, otherwise things like shadows, some effects or palettes won't work.

So, basically, you must create your main custom character using the colors of the one you're replacing and convert the fpg into 8-bit after you've added the images, so it's highly convenient to have a good 256 color palette mix up.

Now, we have our custom enemies in a mod, but we still have multiple palettes (you don't want them to look like your host character, do you?), for that, use this method as listed in the bugtrack

Code:
- Create a file called "enable_pal" on the main folder of your mod. (no file extension)
- Create palettes/enemies folder and drop your files inside.
- If you want to replace Abadede palette 3, keep abadede.pal (reference) and abadede3.pal (palette).
- The game will load the missing palettes from the original directory.

so, now we'll need a new folder in our mod for palettes and enemies... I do wonder if custom PLAYABLE characters could have the same treatment, as in putting them in the mod and setting the palettes in the mod's palette folder? Hmmm... 🤔

We'll experiment and put our results here.

EDIT: So, I tested some custom playable characters inside the mod's folder and no, it only works for enemy characters. Which means, if you want to customize your playable characters, they must be placed in the data folder.

_________________
[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Signature_zps2ad5949e
Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1715
Join date : 2013-01-10

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Empty Re: [TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP

Post  someplayer22 Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
so, now we'll need a new folder in our mod for palettes and enemies... I do wonder if custom PLAYABLE characters could have the same treatment, as in putting them in the mod and setting the palettes in the mod's palette folder? Hmmm... 🤔

We'll experiment and put our results here.

EDIT: So, I tested some custom playable characters inside the mod's folder and no, it only works for enemy characters. Which means, if you want to customize your playable characters, they must be placed in the data folder.

What folder do I put the .fpg for the playable characters to work? I put a .fpg of 5.1 on \data\ of 5.2 it doest work. Sad
I was hopping to see the character with the dots...

(I would just apply the denoiser, put on the .fpg and... good to go.)

someplayer22
Galsia

Posts : 3
Join date : 2020-11-19

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Empty Re: [TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP

Post  SORDave Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:17 pm

Interesting.

SORDave
Fog

Posts : 218
Join date : 2015-10-15

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Empty Re: [TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP

Post  Don Vecta Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:41 pm

someplayer22 wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:
so, now we'll need a new folder in our mod for palettes and enemies... I do wonder if custom PLAYABLE characters could have the same treatment, as in putting them in the mod and setting the palettes in the mod's palette folder? Hmmm... 🤔

We'll experiment and put our results here.

EDIT: So, I tested some custom playable characters inside the mod's folder and no, it only works for enemy characters. Which means, if you want to customize your playable characters, they must be placed in the data folder.

What folder do I put the .fpg for the playable characters to work? I put a .fpg of 5.1 on \data\ of 5.2 it doest work. Sad
I was hopping to see the character with the dots...

(I would just apply the denoiser, put on the .fpg and... good to go.)

You need to create a data folder in the root folder of the game. In the data folder you put the fpg, just like in v5.1.

_________________
[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Signature_zps2ad5949e
Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1715
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Empty Re: [TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP

Post  someplayer22 Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:08 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
someplayer22 wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:
so, now we'll need a new folder in our mod for palettes and enemies... I do wonder if custom PLAYABLE characters could have the same treatment, as in putting them in the mod and setting the palettes in the mod's palette folder? Hmmm... 🤔

We'll experiment and put our results here.

EDIT: So, I tested some custom playable characters inside the mod's folder and no, it only works for enemy characters. Which means, if you want to customize your playable characters, they must be placed in the data folder.

What folder do I put the .fpg for the playable characters to work? I put a .fpg of 5.1 on \data\ of 5.2 it doest work. Sad
I was hopping to see the character with the dots...

(I would just apply the denoiser, put on the .fpg and... good to go.)

You need to create a data folder in the root folder of the game. In the data folder you put the fpg, just like in v5.1.

I create a "sorr52\data\" folder, put the .fpg there... and did not work. What am I doing wrong? Did I have to active something?

someplayer22
Galsia

Posts : 3
Join date : 2020-11-19

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Empty Re: [TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP

Post  someplayer22 Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:47 pm

Sorry! My Bad! As was selecting the wrong char to play... I mean... I select the blaze of street of rage 2, But I have the blaze from Street of rage 3. Laughing

someplayer22
Galsia

Posts : 3
Join date : 2020-11-19

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Empty Re: [TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum