SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP

+7
Rain
WizzyWhipitWonderful
natalialuzak
trialforce
SORDave
someplayer22
Don Vecta
11 posters

Go down

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Empty [TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP

Post  Don Vecta Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:53 am

Well, there's 2 news regarding custom characters in v5.2, enemies and playable alike: a good one and a bad one.

Let's start with the bad one: ANYTHING made for v5.0, v5.0a and v5.1 now is graphically speaking useless in v5.2...  
[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Snapshot

...unless you wanna play with noised up characters, that is.😒

Now, the good news:
an fpg from v4 is now visually visible on v5.2, which means the encryption for custom characters is gone. Which will make the development of new custom characters definitely a lot easier from now on.

So, from the bugtrack list, I'll paste the instructions for custom enemies as it's mentioned.

Code:
Added enemy swap for Sormaker:
- This is a very basic replacement, in mod/resources folder, electra_sor1.fpg has been added as an example.
- Drop the fpg file in the root of the mod folder, this replaces the enemy
- Collisions and other features needs control points to work:
000 - Sprite alignment
001 - Weapon position
002 - Impact hitpoint
006/007 - Footprints
- If you are using Auto Sor2/3 collisions you are good to go, collisions are autogenerated with that given information, proper hitboxes of x0,x1,y0,y1 with internal custom values
- New hitbox Sor2/3 needs manual input:
003 - x0/y0
004 - x1/y1 (these are width/height)
- The colours of the replacement sprite must match the colours of the original sprite for this to work.
- The fpg file must be 8bit, this is mandatory, otherwise things like shadows, some effects or palettes won't work.

So, basically, you must create your main custom character using the colors of the one you're replacing and convert the fpg into 8-bit after you've added the images, so it's highly convenient to have a good 256 color palette mix up.

Now, we have our custom enemies in a mod, but we still have multiple palettes (you don't want them to look like your host character, do you?), for that, use this method as listed in the bugtrack

Code:
- Create a file called "enable_pal" on the main folder of your mod. (no file extension)
- Create palettes/enemies folder and drop your files inside.
- If you want to replace Abadede palette 3, keep abadede.pal (reference) and abadede3.pal (palette).
- The game will load the missing palettes from the original directory.

so, now we'll need a new folder in our mod for palettes and enemies... I do wonder if custom PLAYABLE characters could have the same treatment, as in putting them in the mod and setting the palettes in the mod's palette folder? Hmmm... 🤔

We'll experiment and put our results here.

EDIT: So, I tested some custom playable characters inside the mod's folder and no, it only works for enemy characters. Which means, if you want to customize your playable characters, they must be placed in the data folder.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Empty Re: [TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP

Post  someplayer22 Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
so, now we'll need a new folder in our mod for palettes and enemies... I do wonder if custom PLAYABLE characters could have the same treatment, as in putting them in the mod and setting the palettes in the mod's palette folder? Hmmm... 🤔

EDIT: So, I tested some custom playable characters inside the mod's folder and no, it only works for enemy characters. Which means, if you want to customize your playable characters, they must be placed in the data folder.

What folder do I put the .fpg for the playable characters to work? I put a .fpg of 5.1 on \data\ of 5.2 it doest work. Sad
I was hopping to see the character with the dots...

(I would just apply the denoiser, put on the .fpg and... good to go.)

someplayer22
Galsia

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Empty Re: [TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP

Post  SORDave Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:17 pm

Interesting.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:41 pm

someplayer22 wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

What folder do I put the .fpg for the playable characters to work? I put a .fpg of 5.1 on \data\ of 5.2 it doest work. Sad

You need to create a data folder in the root folder of the game. In the data folder you put the fpg, just like in v5.1.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  someplayer22 Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:08 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
someplayer22 wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

You need to create a data folder in the root folder of the game. In the data folder you put the fpg, just like in v5.1.

I create a "sorr52\data\" folder, put the .fpg there... and did not work. What am I doing wrong? Did I have to active something?

someplayer22
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  someplayer22 Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:47 pm

Sorry! My Bad! As was selecting the wrong char to play... I mean... I select the blaze of street of rage 2, But I have the blaze from Street of rage 3. Laughing

someplayer22
Galsia

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Empty FPG Files

Post  trialforce Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:12 am

Where I can get the "default" FPG files from the characters?

trialforce
Galsia

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL] v5.2 Custom Characters Playable/Enemies WIP Empty custom characters

Post  natalialuzak Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:41 pm

how to add custom characters in the game Streets of Rage Remake program for that please

natalialuzak
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  WizzyWhipitWonderful Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:33 am

Does anyone have access to all the character and enemy files for fpg edit?
I can't seem to find them.

WizzyWhipitWonderful
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:38 am

WizzyWhipitWonderful wrote:Does anyone have access to all the character and enemy files for fpg edit?

here anything for the person who created my one of my favorite mods (:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/d7p9dyvki3zcbdz/Fpg_data.zip/file
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  WizzyWhipitWonderful Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:23 pm

Rain wrote:
WizzyWhipitWonderful wrote:Does anyone have access to all the character and enemy files for fpg edit?

I appreciate it. Does anyone have the enemy files?

WizzyWhipitWonderful
Galsia

lvgisgoed and Rain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  lvgisgoed Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:22 pm

WizzyWhipitWonderful wrote:
Rain wrote:

I was wondering the same thing Surprised
There has been said that the FPG enemy files are visible in the files, but i only see PAL files of the enemies and characters.
Am i looking in the wrong direction? Or doesn't the SORRv52_rev550 version have those kind of files?

Donovan

Rain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:25 pm

lvgisgoed wrote:
Rain wrote:

There has been said that the FPG enemy files are visible in the files, but i only see PAL files of the enemies and characters.
Am i looking in the wrong direction? Or doesn't the SORRv52_rev550 version have those kind of files?

The only version of streets of rage remake that openly has the FPG File's is v4
Cuz the file is in a .file format 
However by changing it too .fpg 
You will get access to the fpg File's 
However only works in v4
Rain
Rain
Electra

lvgisgoed likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  lvgisgoed Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:06 pm

Rain wrote:
lvgisgoed wrote:
Rain wrote:

However only works in v4

Ohhh right, i misunderstood, i thought we all could finally change the SoRR V5.2 enemy appearances ass well xD
Prhaps in the near future tough, we can only hope Very Happy

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:49 am

lvgisgoed wrote:
Rain wrote:
lvgisgoed wrote:
Rain wrote:

However only works in v4

Ohhh right, i misunderstood, i thought we all could finally change the SoRR V5.2 enemy appearances ass well xD

well here is v5.2 data soo i think you could do it i think ( not my link)

https://disk.yandex.com/d/Z9EMU4p2lcAVhQ/Data%20(5.2)%20Unpacked%20and%20FPG-files/data
Rain
Rain
Electra

lvgisgoed likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Diavoletto Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:43 pm

Hi Don Vecta, great guide!
Few years ago I have created a custom character "Geese Howard" for SORR.
Today I'm going to add some correction but anytime I add some frame to the fpg file, I have multiple color dots on screen like in the screen on your post. I applied the correct palette extracted from other frames but problem persist.
Any idea? some smart fpg editor bug?

Diavoletto
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  ilikepeas Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:14 pm

Rain wrote:
lvgisgoed wrote:
Rain wrote:
lvgisgoed wrote:
Rain wrote:

However only works in v4

https://disk.yandex.com/d/Z9EMU4p2lcAVhQ/Data%20(5.2)%20Unpacked%20and%20FPG-files/data

Does anyone have a link to the 5.2 FPG data that's not on Yandex (e.g. Google Drive, Mega or something)?
ilikepeas
ilikepeas
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Puzirkov Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:21 am

ilikepeas wrote:
Rain wrote:
lvgisgoed wrote:
Rain wrote:
lvgisgoed wrote:

However only works in v4

Does anyone have a link to the 5.2 FPG data that's not on Yandex (e.g. Google Drive, Mega or something)?

Try this is link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IRR3n1LXCpfajSdO14eIH9ggUeI9XQ7-/view?usp=sharing

Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  ilikepeas Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:12 am

That worked, thank you!
ilikepeas
ilikepeas
Galsia

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down