SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MysteryMercenaries MegaMod V1.01(beta)

4 posters

Go down

MysteryMercenaries MegaMod V1.01(beta) Empty MysteryMercenaries MegaMod V1.01(beta)

Post  Manicmagnet Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:41 am

Hey guys!

So with a successful release of my first mod, I had an amazing idea for another one, so....

I'd like to announce the new MysteryMercenaries MegaMod(a.k.a. M4) is now availabe

The story centers around a town taken by Mercenaries, but not like the ones you may know in our world.

Apparently as much as they know in regards to this town, the Warden has control of the small community and squashed it under his mercenary movement-of-action, enlisting prisoners into his own personal army. Of course as it started, the guards were overseers, and the prisoners were grunts. The only thing that changed is more initiates. The more they added to their ranks the more the army flooded the streets pushing good people out of the town. It was easier to give up your job and join the military because of the food and money they gave you.

So now we face a huge threat to national security, that will overtake not just this small town, but soon almost the county. We've heard the Warden had put initiates to work in the abandoned quarry, mining steels and under ores under the town, causing much of the town to be abandoned and destroyed. The land could not handle the decompression from the mining. The Warden knowing this, but obsessed with greed, ignored these facts as all he wanted was money and power. Recently, some heavy machinery, robots, machines, have been seen in the local raids on the outskirts of town. We need you to get in there and find out whats happened, infiltrate their system of management and cripple the efforts of this insane overpopulation of greedy bloodthirsty men.

Jan25 2013 Update: All stages included (111 scenes total). Each boss is located randomly within the city's alternate routes. Stage 7 has two paths, both will include storyline in later versions. Main Routes loop around to allow for somewhat of a "free roaming" experience, choosing alternate paths without worrying about getting back(until stage 7-Cool.

4shared -
Code:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/9ExsUS9v/MysteryMercenaries_MegaMod_101.html
NOTE: The mod is voluminous and Needs a guide. There is a few easter eggs. and a "Short-Mode" portal somewhat hidden in the map, allowing you to easily fast-track to each Stage's Boss, leaving Stage 7-8 Without Fast-track.

Screenshots

ROUTE - A

MysteryMercenaries MegaMod V1.01(beta) RouteA
ROUTE - B
https://2img.net/h/i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/manicmagnet/RouteB.png
ROUTE - C
https://2img.net/h/i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/manicmagnet/RouteC.png
ROUTE - C ALT
https://2img.net/h/i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/manicmagnet/RouteCALT.png
ROUTE - D
https://2img.net/h/i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/manicmagnet/RouteD.png

*-MINI GUIDE-*
The idea behind this mod is that you are in a town, that is static, but the fights, items, and sometimes rooms change from stage to stage, allowing for a wide range of possible encounters for you to stumble upon.

Primarily the action point of the game happens across the 4(+1) routes that run in a looping fashion like such:
RouteA =>RouteB =>RouteC(or Alternate RouteC) =>RouteD =>Transition(corner) scene =>RouteA...

Each route or alternate path's encounters evolve as you locate and defeat the boss for each stage.
The Boss's for each stage are located in the following:
(Stage1)Beano - Transition(corner) path after Route D.
(Stage2)Jet, Rush, and gang - Fourth path on Route B opens(boss is located here). Third path closes.
(Stage3)Zamza and Ninja Squad - Third path on Route B opens(boss is located here). Fourth path closes.
(Stage4)Jago and The Jaguar Fists - Second path on Route B.
(Stage5)Danch and his Wrangled Roo's - First alternate path on Route C opens(boss is located here).
(Stage6)Mr. Baker and Galudo - First alternate path on Route A.
(Stage7)
(???) - First alternate path on Route D, through the fence gate(boss located at end of path).
OR
(???) - Third path on Route D opens(boss located at end of path).
(stage8) (???) - 1 of 4 doors => 1 of 4 doors => 1 of 4 doors. Smile

Last edited by Don Vecta on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:40 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : needs miniguide + additional link updates)

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

MysteryMercenaries MegaMod V1.01(beta) Empty Re: MysteryMercenaries MegaMod V1.01(beta)

Post  Manicmagnet Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 pm

I just beat my mod on short-mode* mania starting with 5 lives.
Took me an hour and a half to finish the campaign on short-mode, so there is about 75% additional content to the game that I didn't preview.

Basically I showed off:
-Location of the "Short-mode" portal (this door in the nether dimension takes you to each boss for each stage directly, until you reach 7-8 because those stages are quite linear compared to the preview stages.)
-Previewed each boss excluding: the Warden's Home alternate path in Stage 7.
-Majority of rooms were unexplored, so that there is much more for people to discover. (actually in the 1st stage you see me try to get the galvice 1-up AND take that alternate path into the grey building.. that's a hint btw.)

I will post the recording once I have it on youtube.

Last edited by Manicmagnet on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : video link added)

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

MysteryMercenaries MegaMod V1.01(beta) Empty Re: MysteryMercenaries MegaMod V1.01(beta)

Post  LucasHB Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:08 am

Hey, man! I wanted to download this, but the link you gave say I don´t have permission. What´s up?

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Manicmagnet Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 am

LucasHB wrote:Hey, man! I wanted to download this, but the link you gave say I don´t have permission. What´s up?

4shared works though...
I'm updating link anyway, thanks Smile

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:09 am

The "short mode" takes an hour and a half?! And there is 75% more content?

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Manicmagnet Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:33 am

Charco wrote:The "short mode" takes an hour and a half?! And there is 75% more content?

Lol yup.
if you watch the video, I shortcut to each boss, and it still takes 1.5 hours on mania SOR3 style. lol.. Its an intense mod no doubt.

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:36 am

Manicmagnet wrote:
Charco wrote:The "short mode" takes an hour and a half?! And there is 75% more content?

Lol yup.
if you watch the video, I shortcut to each boss, and it still takes 1.5 hours on mania SOR3 style. lol.. Its an intense mod no doubt.

Sounds too long for me I'm afraid.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Manicmagnet Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2tchtgkl9e466mi

Video is also up, check it out
I show off a shortcuts that will help you farm less lives lol.

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Manicmagnet Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:37 am

Hey Guys!,

Has anyone beat this mod yet? I've finished it a total of two times, Mania, 5 lives, solo. And once with a friend but they died on stage 7 lol.

My Daughter was born mid Feb so I haven't been working on this mod as much, but I will be returning to work on it and finalize the story line. I've also found a way to maximize scenes in the mod. It is almost a maxed out mod in terms of quantity(of scenes).

My goal for this mod, was to make as expansive of a mod as possible, so you may find that a FULL RUN will take you 4-5 hours, equivalent to something along the lines of a Raid Dungeon in many MMORPGS, but thats what I was going for Razz

If you have free time, and want to try out a BA mod, you should try this one. The Soundtrack seen in the video has not been included yet, but I will include it in a more recent update. I still have some special scenes I'm adding to the mod, and once I finish adding those I'll release the 1.0 version of the mod.

Thanks guys!

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Manicmagnet Tue May 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Hey guys,

Just letting you know I'm still working on this mod, and will sooner than later be releasing the 1.10 version of Mystery Mercenaries. I'm still working full-time so I have limited time to work on the mod. I would like some help on editting and fixing a lot of the Backgrounds that are somewhat bugged.

I also ran into an issue a while back where, the scene backgrounds were not "trailing" but somehow became a little too dark and caused the backgrounds black areas to trail. Wondering how this could have happened. Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Manicmagnet
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:10 pm

At the request of saboteur, this is a new link:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/c0k8uclsg2lca3o/MysteryMercenaries.zip/file

But, honestly, this mod is a nightmare: just imagine a whole mod with same scenes in each stage, but organized like a labyrinth across many doors, with no clue to find the good way... At the first stage, I did 3 or 4 times the same scene with 50x Mac and many other enemies, it's just boring and boring!
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down