SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SORMAKER! The Battle in Persia by Serrr

+3
Cm_Blast
Laucorn
Puzirkov
7 posters

Go down

SORMAKER! The Battle in Persia by Serrr Empty SORMAKER! The Battle in Persia by Serrr

Post  Puzirkov Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:06 pm

SORMAKER! The Battle in Persia by Serrr
Call me a sinner, but I never played the original version of Prince of Persia until it was embodied on Sega. I saw the game in action on the PC in its original format and was impressed. After playing the Sega version, I just had to ask myself, “What kept me from doing this for so long? "
SORMAKER! The Battle in Persia by Serrr Ouo21
When Jordan Mechner released Prince of Persia for the Apple II in 1989, it immediately took the world by storm. Running and jumping were common tropes in gaming at that point, but the game’s incredibly fluid rotoscope animation was totally new. Combine that with the game’s engrossing combat and cerebral, puzzle-esque layout and you have all the makings of a classic.

Unfortunately, at the time, Mechner was, as he writes in his blog, “burned out on coding and seriously eager for the next chapter of my life to start.” Thus, he packed away the floppy disks containing the game’s source code, thinking he’d never need them again. Fast foward to 2002 and Mechner is working on Ubisoft’s Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. He wonders what ever happened to the original PoP code, but discovers that he can’t find those old disks anywhere. The idea was that the original version of the game would be included in the PlayStation 2 version of Sands of Time, but to do so the development team needed access to the source code and Mechner just couldn’t find it. Eventually they found a version of the Mac source code, and that was put into the PS2 title instead.
SORMAKER! The Battle in Persia by Serrr Ouo22
October 3, 1989 Jordan Mekner, who released the game "Karateka" in 1984, after many years of work, released the game "Prince of Persia", which was characterized by smooth animation of characters and the fascination of the gameplay. When developing the game, Jordan Mekner used his brother David to animate game characters, digitizing videos that captured David's movements. This technology allowed the creation of heroes who move naturally. [1] After the release for Apple II, where the game was not particularly successful, the game was ported to several other platforms. A year after the release, ports were released for other personal computers - Amiga, Atari ST and IBM PC-compatible.
I played this game through sormaker yesterday. Naturally, it is very difficult to fully reflect the spirit of this game, given the limitations in creating mods. The Openbor engine is another matter, but it requires knowledge of scripts. So, I played for almost 2 hours. During these two hours I experienced a lot of emotions.
Firstly, in this game you will constantly get stress, because here you will not succeed in throwing enemies so easily. The slabs will constantly fall on the head, the spikes take a lot of lives, I only managed to deceive and dodge them several times.

I played on normal difficulty, but here it is above the roof. I wonder where you can get there without cheats ???))) It will be interesting if you flood your walkthroughs. I ate got to stage 6 ...

Featuring:

-8 stages, with different scenes!
-Contains never-before-seen stages.
-New storyline and cutscenes.

Here are some examples of what the game looks like. I will also upload my video walkthrough here about what you will encounter. I believe that the author of this mod titanically worked on it. So, Prince of Persia .... I used Axel and the author's palette in gray and blue.
SORMAKER! The Battle in Persia by Serrr The_ba10

T h e   B a t t l e   i n   P e r s i a

How to jump over the abyss? Jump when the wind is strong and in the direction of the wind.

2 0 1 9   B y   S E R R R

LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1egjiwhHKSsmtiNrNv1AEkzScGfA2NZfw/view

Hakuyo

Mehdi98, MARTIN98 and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

SORMAKER! The Battle in Persia by Serrr Empty Re: SORMAKER! The Battle in Persia by Serrr

Post  Laucorn Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:31 am

I love this mod, very well done my friend. But it's easily one of the hardest I've ever played. Those jumps are killer.
But this is very fateful homage to Prince of Persia. Well done.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

SORMAKER! The Battle in Persia by Serrr Empty Re: SORMAKER! The Battle in Persia by Serrr

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:12 pm

I never would expect to find one day a mod from Prince of Persia, this is interesting.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Puzirkov and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Puzirkov Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Laucorn wrote:I love this mod, very well done my friend. But it's easily one of the hardest I've ever played. Those jumps are killer.
But this is very fateful homage to Prince of Persia. Well done.

Hakuyo

Axle Stone 1991 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:16 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:I never would expect to find one day a mod from Prince of Persia, this is interesting.
Your dream must have came true, Cm_Blast!

Unlike the original Prince of Persia, which used Flashback-style controls, this is a totally new way to play the game! In certain scenes, there are alternate exits you must use because you cannot jump high enough due to the game's mechanics.

The video is also packaged in MP4 format with the archive file — this will show you how to cross the abyss in selected scenes using the wind generator event.
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:24 pm

What an awesome MOD. I've tried it on mania level by using Adam. The environment is good, but I noticed if this MOD is very hard to play, especially on mania level unless you're using a powerful character like Max or Shiva. Most of enemies here are Martial Arts, Ninjas, and Kickboxers, which are pretty annoying due to their block ability

As for final boss (Jaffar), aw c'mon man. Barbon with high amount of HP like that. His blocking ability are annoying and he keeps throwing me all the time. Even it's very hard to grab or hit him. And you expect me to beat him less than 2 minutes? Perhaps you need to re-balance it
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  gravegun Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:58 pm

Just tried this. It is an amazing unique mod. Great job.

gravegun
Galsia

MARTIN98 and Axle Stone 1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MARTIN98 Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:44 pm

The most special mod I have ever played. great!
MARTIN98
MARTIN98
Galsia

Puzir likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down