SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we make it a rule that there are no dialogue boxes during gameplay?

Go down

Can we make it a rule that there are no dialogue boxes during gameplay? Empty Can we make it a rule that there are no dialogue boxes during gameplay?

Post  Iceferno Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:30 pm

I can't be the only one annoyed by this. How are we supposed to read it?

Nora

https://iceferno.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Can we make it a rule that there are no dialogue boxes during gameplay? Empty Re: Can we make it a rule that there are no dialogue boxes during gameplay?

Post  vince Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:24 pm

I think the same. Even excellent mods did this mistake, although the original SORR never do that: the dialogue boxes are only during cutscenes or when the screen is blocked (against Shiva for example).
You can rename the folder "script" in the mod folder, to have no dialogues, but you will have no cutscenes too.

In the same way, I think cutscene should always be short.

Last edited by vince on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Can we make it a rule that there are no dialogue boxes during gameplay? Empty Re: Can we make it a rule that there are no dialogue boxes during gameplay?

Post  Iceferno Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:37 pm

vince wrote:You can rename the folder "script" in the mod folder, to have no dialogue,s but you will have no cutscenes too.
Ah, good tip, thanks. I'll have to remember to do that.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with them overall, since it's a SoR3 aesthetic that's carried over. But it has to be within reason.

Nora

https://iceferno.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:05 am

Well, you CAN skip dialogues and text in gameplay if you press X X (like the command of calling a CPU partner your way).

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down