SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets Of Rage movie (1994), starring Mimi Lesseos

2 posters

Go down

Streets Of Rage movie (1994), starring Mimi Lesseos Empty Streets Of Rage movie (1994), starring Mimi Lesseos

Post  Iceferno Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:32 am

I don't know how many know about this, but I watched it a couple of years ago.
Seemingly nothing to do with the games, but released the same year as No. 3.

It's actually on YouTube in full:

Length - 1:23:50
(fair warning: there is a shower scene)

I had no expectations, watching it all those years ago. But I enjoyed it somewhat, purely from curiosity.
It's not that great, but see what you think.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Streets Of Rage movie (1994), starring Mimi Lesseos Empty Re: Streets Of Rage movie (1994), starring Mimi Lesseos

Post  Cosmo Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:42 am

This is actually pretty well known, believe it or not. We all know it has nothing to do with the game, as I seriously doubt you yourself ever thought, but it is indeed interesting to see a movie share the exact same name. Especially at a time where the SoR series was very much around.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Streets Of Rage movie (1994), starring Mimi Lesseos Empty Re: Streets Of Rage movie (1994), starring Mimi Lesseos

Post  Iceferno Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:10 pm

My mistake. Though I checked for threads and didn't see it mentioned.

As far as SoR movies go, I still think the closest thing to an official one is Tony Jaa's Tom Yum Goong (aka The Protector, Warrior King). The restaurant scene is one of the best continuous shots in a movie I've seen.

The continual shot makes it so much like a beat 'em up, seeing him take down dozens of thugs. People have even done Streets Of Rage and Shenmue video edits of these scenes. I still haven't seen the sequel. Need to check that out at some point.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmo Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:14 pm

Oh, this is hardly a mistake. All evidence of the community knowing is pretty much off the main radar at the moment. You'd literally have to go to the wayback machine to see any evidence of that stuff. I do think you made a good move in bringing it back to the public attention. Especially those still not in the know, because they do exist. But among the main community, basically the old timers, we all kinda know. Wink

EDIT: Also, I remember those Shenmue Protector videos very well, what with the QTE. I remember they included a bat signal button and the star of david. Always made me wonder what THAT pad looked like. LOL
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down