SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night Slashers - A streets of Rage Remake mod

+2
celestinx
Cm_Blast
6 posters

Go down

night slashers - Night Slashers - A streets of Rage Remake mod Empty Night Slashers - A streets of Rage Remake mod

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:54 pm

After a while I returned to share my newest creation: A mod based on Night Slashers.
As usual with my work this mod has the stages, the palettes, music, cutscenes and etc… although I wanted to try some things I never did before.

Now, the gameplay itself. The enemies will be spread in early levels, but more guys together in later levels. However to avoid an insane number of enemies they are limited to 7 at screen (and in some zones divided in several waves, to avoid large groups of enemies on screen since in Sorr is easy being knocked out).

There is more food that in the original game; more enemies and more items to pick up at two players. Call police available for almost all the game.

Also, added a few palettes to the heroes:
Jake, Christopher, Hong-Hua and her sister.
night slashers - Night Slashers - A streets of Rage Remake mod Los_cu11 

Demo arcade trailer (gameplay at 1:00).

Notes: There isn’t extra enemies or life bars for very hard/mania. I can add both things if needed. The “Data” folder included will replace stompers for a guillotine, nothing else. However, seems that if you want to use other effects (fog, sniper shooting...) the original sprites are required (instead like object.fpg, where replacing 1 object don’t affect original material). For this reason, I took the data from “Turtles in time” mod.

*Mini update*
- Just insignificant tweaks: 1 Electra was dropping an item. The police call was available in the last scene, and in the vampire count boss was a typo. Nothing substantial has changed.
- New palette for Roo, the same as the enemy. I add this because I like it, that's all.
night slashers - Night Slashers - A streets of Rage Remake mod Rooooo11

Links:
Mod here:
https://mega.nz/file/aio3BITL#_tFeu-GgMy_EIyF-fE-P8xEfYkttgfGmm34phuFwQ5M

More mods here:
https://mega.nz/folder/OywVSSiR#tJrB6EEqjO1P7c891mblng

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:04 pm; edited 8 times in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

night slashers - Night Slashers - A streets of Rage Remake mod Empty Re: Night Slashers - A streets of Rage Remake mod

Post  celestinx Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:06 am

LOOK COOL! I'll download and re-up on the completed mods list and then try this baby out.

Thanks. Smile

Edit:

Mirror: https://firedrop.com/342327afc24120817bf5125ecab268d5

I will try this out now and let you know what i think.

EDIT 2: 16th Aug 2016: To start of, i have never played the original game that this mod was based on. But, I enjoyed this mod, i particularly liked the graphics and animations of the early levels. I have yet to finish it, but i did take a cheating peek at the stages on the sor maker.. I do not have enough time to do it all in one sitting.

This video is not me playing, but, i found it on Youtube and wanted to share it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmKMz6ICzmg

Last edited by celestinx on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

night slashers - Night Slashers - A streets of Rage Remake mod Empty Re: Night Slashers - A streets of Rage Remake mod

Post  Don Vecta Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:20 am

PUTA MADRE~! Nuevos mods~! Very Happy

Downloading, hell yes!!!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:27 pm

Ìt is always refreshing to see a new mod, and this is no exception. This mod feels balanced and fun and overall I enjoyed it. I really didn't play the original Night Slashers so I can't really relate the faithfulness from the original one into this mod, but I really liked the dynamic cutscenes and the environment.
The certain combinations of enemies and bosses gave a nice edge, couldn't believe how challenging can be a Bongo-1 with annoying Codys bugging you all the way.

Maybe I just think the mod needs the custom items to be perfect. Obviously the custom voices is asking too much, but with the custom items would have been wonderful.

Here's a Mania longplay. Abadede, as always, gives me the hardest time of the world.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:55 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Ìt is always refreshing to see a new mod, and this is no exception. This mod feels balanced and fun and overall I enjoyed it. I really didn't play the original Night Slashers so I can't really relate the faithfulness from the original one into this mod, but I really liked the dynamic cutscenes and the environment.
The certain combinations of enemies and bosses gave a nice edge, couldn't believe how challenging can be a Bongo-1 with annoying Codys bugging you all the way.

Maybe I just think the mod needs the custom items to be perfect. Obviously the custom voices is asking too much, but with the custom items would have been wonderful.

Here's a Mania longplay. Abadede, as always, gives me the hardest time of the world.

Glad to hear that.

I didn't want to add more enemies or health bars to bosses to mania. I though that there were already too much enemies to even adding more. 

Like in the original game, the first three bosses have zombies with them. Then the rest of the bosses fights on their own.
Only the final fight have those added enemies to make the final encounter harder.

Anyway, I am happy to know I manage to create a balanced and a fun mod.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Looks great, looking forward to playing this one!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:19 pm

celestinx wrote:EDIT 2: 16th Aug 2016: To start of, i have never played the original game that this mod was based on. But, I enjoyed this mod, i particularly liked the graphics and animations of the early levels. I have yet to finish it, but i did take a cheating peek at the stages on the sor maker.. I do not have enough time to do it all in one sitting.

This video is not me playing, but, i found it on Youtube and wanted to share it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmKMz6ICzmg

I could recommend playing the original. Is a bit gore, since your kills make the zombies fall appart in pieces with their intestines dropping from their body.

Several bosses and the main characters have wrestling moves. Seeing a Frankenstein doing a suplex is priceless, but even the "axel" type of guy (Christopher) do a DDT.

The game is more complex that it seems. you have a charge attack (pressing the buttom) to make a signal slide, for example. If you are in the air you do a new attack but also if you have someone grabbed there is a new move. Playing at 2 players both can grab the same enemy to do a double attack.
If you jump and hit down+attack you can bury enemies (and bosses) on the floor. That's like 3 kicks on the head for free.

The only problem with the game is the annoying "Go" sound, since is beeping even when they are enemies on screen. Only stops if you advance a bit (but after a few seconds starts again) or if you are at the end of the screen, but doing that will attract 15 enemies on screen.

By the way guys. The last scene "stage8a" shouldn't have a police call. I forgot to turn it off when I was testing the "killing final enemy + looking my credits".

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:09 pm

One new mod, Cm_Blast? You're unbreakable! A nice hommage mod, with the whole complete work: cutscenes, palettes, breakable objects, etc. And of course plenty of new backgrounds. Thanks!
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:41 pm

I've already finished your MOD. Night Slasher is one of few arcade game which I never played it before. But after playing it on SORR, I realize if that game is not bad at all and of course, full of horror. However, I found a mistake in your MOD (again) Very Happy

Check the beginning of stage 4 and stage 5. One of the executioner still has a name "Tiger"

By the way, I want to ask something. In original game, there is an enemy called "Knife Thug". Using Nora and Electra-2 as them, it's not a bad idea. But why you didn't use a Galsia instead? (Just ask)

night slashers - Night Slashers - A streets of Rage Remake mod AeMaYVV
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 pm

Persephone wrote:I've already finished your MOD. Night Slasher is one of few arcade game which I never played it before. But after playing it on SORR, I realize if that game is not bad at all and of course, full of horror. However, I found a mistake in your MOD (again) Very Happy

Check the beginning of stage 4 and stage 5. One of the executioner still has a name "Tiger"

By the way, I want to ask something. In original game, there is an enemy called "Knife Thug". Using Nora and Electra-2 as them, it's not a bad idea. But why you didn't use a Galsia instead? (Just ask)

Good, you are finding all the mistakes I didn't fix yet xD. Fixed now.

I used Nora-electra because those knife guys are the harderst enemies on the game, at least to me. The exec guys are a giant enemy with a long reach, but those are agile and keep jumping using the knife. For this reason I used sub-boss Sor class of goon (and since there were 2 different knife thungs and didn't want to overcrown with Electras, I used the most easy version: Nora).

The original game it's pretty fun too and very complete in terms of moveset: aerial attacks, grab attacks, double tag attacks and charged attacks (you keep press the attack buttom and then release) for ground, aerial and grabbed enemies!

The only thing I hate about that game it's the "go, go, go, go" if the screen it's not locked... even if there are enemies (and there are a lot of them together). Here in the mod I split them in some rounds, but in the original all the enemies should be a round 1 wave (It's true that in the original game it's not that easy getting knocked up as in Sorr).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:35 am

Maybe I need to play an original Night Slasher. So I can feel how hard it is. Too bad, in Arcadequartermaster, the enemy list for this game aren't fully completed yet. But I love the idea to use more than one type of mooks for each enemy.

Yeah, imagine fighting against more than 10 enemies in one wave. Perhaps you will lost many lives if that happens xD
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:52 pm

Persephone wrote:Maybe I need to play an original Night Slasher. So I can feel how hard it is. Too bad, in Arcadequartermaster, the enemy list for this game aren't fully completed yet. But I love the idea to use more than one type of mooks for each enemy.

Yeah, imagine fighting against more than 10 enemies in one wave. Perhaps you will lost many lives if that happens xD

Regular enemies become easy once you played a few games. The giant enemies have a long reach and the knife ones with the jumping and fast moving are the sub-bosses of the game. The frankestein it's like the Sor 1 Abadede. And overall the bosses are similar to the counter part I used.

I usually don't do that, but there are only a few palette-2 for enemies; also some enemies behave different too. Some werewolf only slide (like signal), others only jump atack (Garnet/Soozie).

I recomend it. It's gore xD, and seeing a Frankestein doing a suplex to you it's worth to see.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 pm

I was planning to play it. However, my emulator crashed and couldn't launch that game at all Sad
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down