SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal)

+2
celestinx
Zarzak
6 posters

Go down

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) Empty Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal)

Post  Don Vecta Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:21 am

"Will I live?"
Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) Frankenstein's_monster_(Boris_Karloff)

Question for anjyone involved in modding: Have you ever created awesome scenes, stages or concepts, even mounted or ready to go, but, for a strange reason (lack of other ideas to complete an 8-stage full scale mod, laziness, blank mind, etc.) is just catching huge amount of dust in your hard drive?

If so...

Ladies and modders: welcome to the community project code name FRANKENSTEIN

When a brilliant modder like Zarzak (Gangs of Fury) approaches you to put pieces of ideas, canned projects, betas pasted all together then you listen. For many of you, it's easier to work in smaller things than huge projects, some others of you are great in using SORmaker features and resources (I'm looking at you, Oracle, rookie of the year!),o0ther are fantastic in directing quality, enemy positioning and pushing team members (yes, that's you, CajNatalie), others are fantastically artistic in sound and cutscenes (Attn: BigDarsh, Klares) and others are just incredible in their tribute mods with a personal touch (paging Dr. Augmented Antics, calling Dr. Cm_Blast, calling Dr. Tarma, et al), so, if we have this dream team project going on, I'm sure we can clean up the awesome clutter we have in our hard drives, sewing them together and release THE ULTIMATE MONSTER MOD!

So, what could be the format? First of all, the staff requirements. We need:

• A project director. His/her job is basically leading the mod in whatever direction it goes by having the pieces served together. Of course most of us can give ideas that made you create the scene(s) and the background of it. The director will sew the pieces together, push the team with deadlines and advance in the mod in a modular way. He/she also can make or tweak enemy placement to build the stuff. In my eye, I see CajNatalie as a wonderful candidate for the position. I've been working with her and it's a real pleasure getting stuff done with her.
  • Art director. This position is basically adding graphic consistency to the mod. While any other member can submit their works from betas or other stuff, they can hand them to this person, and he'll be in charge to make it in parallel with the other scenes (palette style, filters for lighting, SFX's, animations, editing perspective consistency, etc.). Of course, this position can accept or discard stuff that doesn't reach the quality standards (with quality standards I mean to have a scene at least with some creativity involved in its design, it doesn't need to be stunning graphically, but certainly proposing and creative. The art director will make it stunning) For this position, me and Zarzak could be taking care of.
  • Cutscene and Sound Scheme editor. Some of you can create the most amazing visuals in a dynamic cutscene. Not just static picture while the text moves. We want to deliver a cutscene that really keeps the player not wanting to press the button just to watch how awesomely was mounted. The cutscenes can be done by the pre-scene fpg script or as a mounted scene (like end credits stuff). I see Oracle and BigDarsh as experts in the field.
  • Artists. Either sprite artists or hand drawn artist can fill this position,basically is to submit works for cutscenes, itnros, endings and material extra. Some of you are fantastic in that field. Oracle, Klares are living examples of great artists.
  • Utility Designer. This person can design proper breakable items, consumables, fonts and interface design. This person needs to be familiar with data fpg in order to keep a style in the mod. This designer will make breakable items that fits different perspectives or situations, breakable walls or stage props. Augmented Antics did a great job in the Rage In Time mod. Oracle killed it also with his breakable items.
  • Collaborators. Anyone who has good stuff in their HD, and want to submit is welcome, they will provide everything they had in mind, and deliver as complete as they can. Of course they'll tell us what is the concept they had and we'll try to retcon it in the project. The collaborators should be aware that the final project might be altered in the end.
  • Palette Managers. This person can create a gorgeous set of palettes for certain kind of enemies. Under the director's suggestions, this person can give the characters a whole new appearance using the colors. Cm_Blast has been done a gorgeous set of palettes in all his tribute mods, so he knows how to sue the editor well.
  • Beta Testers. We need a player with mad skills to try the mod. See if it's consistent, too hard, too easy. Challenging, etc. Chan is the man for that.

Now, the format is simple: collaborators will submit their works, attaching everything in them. They'll enclose the concept, the things they'd like to see (be realistic, please!) and the visualization of the scene. If the scene is mounted and with a basic set of enemies or something, the better. Even a full stage can be submitted. The director and production will see if the stuff has the enough quality standards to be in, if so, they'll hand the works to the art directors so they can tweak a visual style into them that match the rest of the scenes done.
While working in that scene, director will call also utility designers, who will work together with the art directors and provide the gist and ideas for the scene. The utility manager will see the type of perspective thescene has and the coloring/style that matches the place. The Utility manager submit his fpg with the breakables ready to use to the art director, the art director then provide the completely tweaked scene to the director, which will mount inside the mod.
The director will set, after a lot of ideas given by the people, the theme and style of the mod. Everyone can give ideas, but the director and producer's word is final. With the theme, story and setting chosen, then the cutscene, palette managers and artists will gather to beautify this bitch and have it ready.
Then, time for game test, if the final product is ready, fixing bugs and other problems, then mod's good to go.

To work in the production of this mod, we need the collaborators to have a Facebook account (even if you don't like it, to use it as a channel of direct communication) and a Dropbox account. Updates reached in the project will be placed in a readme file inside the project folder in Dropbox, in case the people of the project missed the Facebook conversation. Any decision or comment has to be submitted in the readme, adding your name and date of submission. This way we keep a clean, organized development.

Anyways, this is just an idea. If someone's game, please, BE COMMITTED WITH THE PROJECT. Don't promise to deliver something you won't do, remember, this is a work of team, so we want someone able to get this done to the end. Working in small, modular pace won't take away most of our spare time and just do our part can have a mod done in no time.

If you're interested, please reply us and tell us in which way you'd like to collaborate or submit your work. Spare yourself written vaporware bullshit, we're not here to hear just texts, if you submit works, you must do it with files of work you've already done. Useless fluff will be ignored completely.

Anyways, anyone's welcome who wants to follow the grounds. Let's get this to work! LET'S MAKE IT ALIVE!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) Empty Re: Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal)

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:18 pm

If Megamix wasn't a bad joke science experiment, basically.
Guess I better catch the train and continue progress. Razz

Back to top Go down

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) Empty Re: Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal)

Post  Don Vecta Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Yeah, basically is Megamix take 2 but now in a proper production.

I think by now it's easy to clear out the pending stuff most modders have but still can submit your leftovers to us. Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarzak Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:08 pm

Obviously, I'm on board. I just can't find enough time to finish 8 hand drawn stages. But I do have a few done, and I definitely want to have them put to good use. The expectations of quality in mods has skyrocketed since when I completed my first mod, so it's only logical that these "one man mods" are getting harder to complete. I'm ready to check my ego, and contribute with a team and work toegether on a mod, and this sounds really fun.

Once I get some free time, I'll post some preview pics of some of the stuff that's done that we can use.

It is going to be a struggle to make a coherent mod out of a bunch of different stages, by different modders..but it'll also be a unique, fun..and complete..Mod. Most of what I have is Urban environments, but I'd say anything should go. If a modder is reading this, and has had a great idea for a stage, but can't quite fit it into a full mod, perhaps this would be the place for it. I think the ultimate goal for this mod should be something that's fun. I really hope other people are interested in putting their own stamp on a stage or even just a scene.

Zarzak
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:39 pm

Well, from my end I might offer stuff done in Hunting Java, few loose scenes from a derelict train station and lot more.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarzak Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Sounds awesome. And you and I have that kick ass Chinatown that we collaborated on. We can definitely use any of those. I'm gonna be all spoilery and show some of it, just so people know how damn amazing some of this stuff is that's just wasting away on our Hard Drives lol, and why this project is important.

I can't wait to hear some idea's people might have for the story. I wouldn't be opposed to trying my hand on a couple custom portraits for enemies, now that that's an option in the game.

Zarzak
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:50 pm

I liked the concept you mentioned in FB: a project like the Heavy Metal film: different directors following a loose storyline.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarzak Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:03 pm

Heck yeah.

But how do you explain the "Heavy metal" concept to people that haven't seen the movie? 8 different stages, 8 different directors/creators, all tied together by a loose "Science Fiction" sort of cheesy plot?

Zarzak
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarzak Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:34 am

Hmm...Not even any luke-warm interest in this project, eh?  That's too bad.  Have some fun stuff that is just going to sit shelved. Obviously, it was all designed for a Gangs of Fury 2 mod, but I just can't find time to finish 8 stages at this sort of quality;

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) GOF2HighwayBattle%20copy_zpsck9omaot
My most elaborate scrolling stage, complete with jumping from roof to roof of moving trucks, Tunnels, and zooming traffic going the opposite direction. Was done with the latest patch in mind, with it's vastly superior collision map/platforming capability and insane scroll-speed that creates a super frantic and dynamic scene.

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) GOF2Electronic%20copy_zpsun2mlmyo
A ransacked Electronic shop- This was done pre-patch, so I'd definitely add smashable stereo equipment as that's possible now. Scene starts out on the streets, goes through the shop, then the shop's warehouse, then finally ends in a dilapated alleyway- All with no scene changes. Was a fun challenge to do it a seamless scene.

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) GOF2Outlast_zpsp2kfdteo
This would most LIKELY be my contribution to any sort of "Frankenstein" project.  My favorite idea.  It takes place in a fictional reality-tv show called "Outlast TV".  Which is definitely a SMASH TV (The video game) homage, which is also a Running-Man (The Movie) homage.  This pic shows the arena/intro portion, complete with roaring, animated crowd.  Would have been a really fun concept to flesh out and there is tons of possibilities.

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) GOF2ChinatownRoof_zpskgoglhc2
Don and I worked on an early stage based in Chinatown, which had two branching paths.  Whole stage is complete and pretty great. This is the end of the path that I contributed, taking place on a very scenic rooftop for and epic boss fight.

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) UrbanDecay2_zpss3dqbtth
It's been asked for many times, and for good reason...A school is just a fun place to beat up punks. So here is just a small bit of a very elaborate hallway that was built.  Pic does it no justice compared to in game.

Anyways, fun to share some of those things (which are pretty much memories now, since they were done so long ago now lol).

Zarzak
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Okay, all those scenes caused me a hard on... 

Stuff I'm willing to donate: a whole Yakuza styled set of scenes, including that mysterious Japanese restaurant, a Japanese themed club, a Little Tokyo street and whatnot.

Also, will add stuff I was saving for HUNTER 2 and Hunting Java. I think something good came come up with this.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:17 pm

This could be cool.

A nice way to get people to upload their work for others to enjoy, why keep the fun to yourself eh?

Last edited by celestinx on Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:45 pm

I'm liking where this is going. Maybe if time allows I can contribute some custom enemies?

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) Empty Project Frankenstien

Post  SORDave Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Will this Mod have a name once all the resources are gathered?

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:58 pm

SORDave wrote:Will this Mod have a name once all the resources are gathered?
Of course, depends of the material gathered and the story line we get

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:03 pm

One possibility that has been spoken of includes the subtitle "Axel's Nightmare".
If this doesn't turn out to be that, it can always be born as a different mod. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:52 pm

CajNatalie wrote:One possibility that has been spoken of includes the subtitle "Axel's Nightmare".
If this doesn't turn out to be that, it can always be born as a different mod. Wink

Axel: Fuck my life!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) Empty Are you kidding me!

Post  Doomerzan Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:11 pm

Why is the a silence in this project now! Let's start actual development!  bounce   What a Face
We have to put Don Vecta's awesome idea to use! We could max out the scene limit with beautiful, awesome, and breath taking area's! Don't just be like  Sleep   Sleep  Sleep on this project! Let's get working!!!!!!!!
Does someone agree!!!!???? bounce bounce bounce
Doomerzan
Doomerzan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:49 am

The Syndicate is currently busy with other business ventures at this moment in time.
Some day, the greatest collaboration the world has ever seen will happen, but it cannot and will not be rushed.

Don't worry. *flips away* OH

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:30 am

Doomerzan wrote:Why is the a silence in this project now! Let's start actual development!  bounce   What a Face
We have to put Don Vecta's awesome idea to use! We could max out the scene limit with beautiful, awesome, and breath taking area's! Don't just be like  Sleep   Sleep  Sleep on this project! Let's get working!!!!!!!!
That's the spirit! I look forward to your contribution! Very Happy

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:57 am

Doomerzan wrote:Why is the a silence in this project now! Let's start actual development!  bounce   What a Face

Okay, looking forward to see your scenes. Lemme see your work and the quality of it and it will be in, that's for sure.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomerzan Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:31 am

Don Vecta wrote:

Okay, looking forward to see your scenes. Lemme see your work and the quality of it and it will be in, that's for sure.
I cannot do custom pixel art, but I can make unique stages out of pre-made resources. Look at these:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f97/19/53/51/80/scrnsh10.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f97/19/53/51/80/scrnsh11.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f97/19/53/51/80/scrnsh12.jpg
Just doing my part in the forum ma'am.
Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) Athena10

(Sorry about the links, if you have to click to see them).
In return, can you help me turn my profile image into a animated gif with paint or paint.net because I am not paying for photoshop or something.
Here are the resources for the stage's:
Pictures:
Seaside street:
(you can use the city background in neo forest for the part over the water.)
Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) Seasid10[/url]
Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) Midsea10[/url]
Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) Midsea11
Neon Forest (I luv neon and the first picture is supposed to be 7004x240 but I had to shorten it.).
Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) 00111
Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) 110

(these are supposed to be a animation and you have to put them in as four layers so they cover the whole are before the bushes)
url=https://servimg.com/view/19535180/14]Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) 110[/url]
url=https://servimg.com/view/19535180/13]Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) 210[/url]

url=https://servimg.com/view/19535180/12]Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) 310[/url]

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) 410
(That's it  for the animated water, now is an animated city.).

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) City110

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) City210

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) City310

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) City410

url=https://servimg.com/view/19535180/20]Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) City511[/url]
(That's it for the city. Now for the trees and bushes).

url=https://servimg.com/view/19535180/21]Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) Midgro10[/url]
Lilypad Street Docks

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) 00112
url=https://servimg.com/view/19535180/23]Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) 00113[/url]

Project Code Name: FRANKENSTEIN. (community mod project proposal) 04410
(For the non-animated water set the affect thing onto water)
Sorry that was so long. But at least now you can use my work in the project.
And Zarzak, good job on those stages. You should really consider letting Don Vecta put those stages in there. I would love it. Just a suggestion. Thanks everybody.
I will upload the music soon.
Doomerzan
Doomerzan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:37 pm

Doomerzan wrote:
In return, can you help me turn my profile image into a animated gif with paint or paint.net because I am not paying for photoshop or something.
Well you offered something at least but don't put your foot in your mouth making requests like this. Don't be THAT guy.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down