SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoR3 Ultimate Mod for V5 - Back From Break

+14
LaGsDAI92
Security
88fighter
celestinx
scalliano
graylandertagger
DarkThief
iceweb38
Tarma
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Don Vecta
KFCutman
Mr.Din
Charco
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SoR3 Ultimate Mod for V5 - Back From Break - Page 2 Empty Re: SoR3 Ultimate Mod for V5 - Back From Break

Post  celestinx Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:26 pm

CajNatalie wrote:The mod's currently on hiatus while I transfer exact attack hitbox data from the original into V5, frame by frame so it's slowing me down significantly.
Well, as exact as possible, since V5 uses hit-lines and never had the chance to be updated to boxes.

I'm preparing a special present for people who beat Hardcore at a high enough difficulty.

That sounds epic this may be the first real mod mod, Is that right?
I was wondering, pre-sorr, you must have had some experience with fiddling around with games. Care to share? I use to make my own maps for command and conquer red alert 2 and timesplitters 1-3 and unreal 99/2004 (Hardly real editing tho)

Be patient. Everyone need rest after doing their own things than mods. You don't need to say "coming on Christmas" or the mod will be end up like game breaking :p be patient, sit down watch youtubers' videos...

When i was a kid, i found it hard to get to sleep on Christmas eve. I'm not asking for a rush-job, im just an info druggy needing my dose.

celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

SoR3 Ultimate Mod for V5 - Back From Break - Page 2 Empty Re: SoR3 Ultimate Mod for V5 - Back From Break

Post  Tarma Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:29 pm

I hoped it was as easy as swapping objects. Great job, it seems to be very hard to make.
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:49 pm

celestinx wrote:I was wondering, pre-sorr, you must have had some experience with fiddling around with games. Care to share?
No I just grew up first with SoR1 when the son of one of my mum's boyfriends brought it over, then got my own copy of it and later received SoR3 for my 8th birthday.
Just shit that's imprinted on my brain from childhood so this is a natural progression of events.

Maybe I did some minor edits of Shining Force 1, but that was following the progress of other people who found the data addresses I was editting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:54 am

0.9 Closed Beta is approaching...
...maybe I can invite just one more person (whom I must already recognise) to the Dropbox.

Of course, you must also have Dropbox ready.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:33 am

Beta 0.9 is alive.

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:50 am

This looks awesome.
SoR3 Ultimate Mod for V5 - Back From Break - Page 2 Th?id=OIP.M88f5e92493c81b6f53171bddeb02211eH0&pid=15
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:09 pm

My beta test run.

Excuse the lame gameplay, I'm just starting to use these new settings. Oh, Caj, did you tell them about the Chan's crazy settings? Razz

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:16 pm

With Chan's help I made a guide to using the AI Editor with the mod, for extra customisation of the mod's difficulty. XD

Yeah guys, don't play in Chan Mania unless you're Chan. Even I'll personally only go to Super Mania and the pain starts to build up over time. Razz

Edit: BTW Vecta wasn't using my Axel fix, so he had it even harder than he should have.
._.
But of course this means to give him even bigger respect for going THAT FAR out of his comfort zone. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:13 pm

Well this look like a great work of SOR3 recreation with the SORmaker. Now let's see how you'll handle the last 3 stages

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:39 pm

SoR3 Ultimate Mod for V5 - Back From Break - Page 2 Stage_10
It's time.
I have every part of every floor included, a way to pick Casual or Hardcore, fail states to get the General & Chief killed, etcetera, along with the cutscenes, so now it's finally time to put the enemies in.

Oh, and it only took one and a half stages this time; not three, despite this having a much more complex concept.
How far I've come. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:17 am

I may as well...

Sound is out of sync, thanks Twitch. D=
Note that after Stage 5, Casual and Hardcore are temporarily united so you have a total of four ends to the stage.
This video explores all four outcomes in MANIA (stupid health values not included in regular difficulties).

All placements found their way into the huge assortment of scenes that make this Stage 6 up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:40 am

Very impressive use of all scenes and somehow managing to include the chief and general in a cohesive way. It's a shame both can't be rescued but that only adds to the story, well done.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:58 pm

Hold on, hold on, hold on... did I just see Victy doing a combo out of a police call!? Wow, that's fucking fantastic! Shocked

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Hold on, hold on, hold on... did I just see Victy doing a combo out of a police call!? Wow, that's fucking fantastic! Shocked
The modified helicopter seems to allow this. I would say it's a bug, but for this battle it's a useful ability since all Rockets will die, and you want to capitalise on the stunned Jet without waiting for his eternal recovery.
As a feature there is no intention of me fixing it. Very Happy

Anyway, to everyone else... I had to rest my mind and slow down the pace a little.
Stage 6 was easy - I've had it planned since the SoR1 Collection. Want to know what I wanted to revise my plans for...?
SoR3 Ultimate Mod for V5 - Back From Break - Page 2 Custom10
One layer away from completion - my custom timer (does not use the Maker timer!!!). I imagine once this mod's done, people will be able to see this creation and learn how to make longer customised timers, for when the Maker 99 seconds is just not enough.

The digits are all ticking perfectly... it's beautiful seeing it work. The only thing remaining is to build and synchronise the minutes along with the SUCCEEDED prompt upon reaching 0:00:00.
This little break of mine has helped me come back with a lot of clarity.
Just be aware that the break still on-going; I'm just doing little bits here and there when my mind wants to mod above all else.

Update: Minutes are now ticking in synch. I can make the SUCCEEDED separate from them now that I've merged two layers.
This will succeed better than expected, and gives me a maximum available timer of 3 minutes 20 seconds.

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:24 am

CajNatalie wrote:I have every part of every floor included, a way to pick Casual or Hardcore, fail states to get the General & Chief killed, etcetera, along with the cutscenes, so now it's finally time to put the enemies in.

ooo...does this mean we get the basement, room 4-5, the other lift and the exit?
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:46 pm

DarkThief wrote:
CajNatalie wrote:I have every part of every floor included, a way to pick Casual or Hardcore, fail states to get the General & Chief killed, etcetera, along with the cutscenes, so now it's finally time to put the enemies in.

ooo...does this mean we get the basement, room 4-5, the other lift and the exit?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.
Even the floor in the right elevator that leads to nowhere is used for the Casual/Hardcore selector.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Le juicy mod is juicy~! Very Happy

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:11 pm

4 endings down, 5 to go.

Edit...

5 endings down, 4 to go.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:04 pm

SoR3 Ultimate Mod for V5 - Back From Break - Page 2 Select10
No more silly Axel grin and no more inverted smile into silly Blaze pout, yay!

Did this because I could. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:41 am

Hardcore route complete!

Just Battle and Epilogue to go...
...oh, and I finished the final character update, too!
SoR3 Ultimate Mod for V5 - Back From Break - Page 2 Shiva_10
And yes it's nice I colour separate, but let me stress that none of these are merely visual updates.
I focused intensely on comparing sprite control points, one-by-one, with the original offsets and hitboxes to improve hit detection and playability for them all. Even new sprites have been checked over.
Control points are easy (however tedious). Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:56 pm

I'm gonna leave this here and then I'll tiptoe through the tulips outta here. Very Happy

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

SoR3 Ultimate Mod for V5 - Back From Break - Page 2 Empty )))

Post  88fighter Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:19 pm

CajNatalie wrote:

Hardcore route complete!

Just Battle and Epilogue to go...
...oh, and I finished the final character update, too!
SoR3 Ultimate Mod for V5 - Back From Break - Page 2 Shiva_10
And yes it's nice I colour separate, but let me stress that none of these are merely visual updates.
I focused intensely on comparing sprite control points, one-by-one, with the original offsets and hitboxes to improve hit detection and playability for them all. Even new sprites have been checked over.
Control points are easy (however tedious). Razz
What about mod Zan Story?
88fighter
88fighter
Galsia

https://vk.com/id112984837

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:36 pm

What about that pointlessly huge-size quote?

Zan's Story is the Half Life 3 of mods.

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:02 am

CajNatalie wrote:What about that pointlessly huge-size quote?

Zan's Story is the Half Life 3 of mods.
Such a shame. If your interested you might want to consider uploading the work in progress files so someone else can pickup where you left off. Of course, i'll understand if you plan on going back to it in the future.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:47 am

Zan's is always in progress.
The ETA is just always in the future. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next