SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your default option settings?

+2
BigDarsh
El Gambito
6 posters

Go down

What's your default option settings? Empty What's your default option settings?

Post  El Gambito Mon May 12, 2014 9:02 pm

Well, title says it all!  tongue 
"What's your default settings?"
Elaborate on why if you wish  Cool 

Difficulty: Hard
Well Im an average player, not too noobish but not really too pro either I think .w.''
Lives: 5
I dunno, I always pick the max number of lives possible on any game ;w;
Star Moves: B Button
I tried going with X button to keep the basic special available but something about pressing X feels ankward to me so I just go with B always :S
Weapon Type: SoR2
Me no likey SoR3 depleting weapons!
Meter type: Mostly Gauge
For single player I go with meter, I like they incorporated that for SoR3 but I go with Timer for multiplayer, my bros like the game being the most close to SoR 1 and 2 as possible, we never had 3 on our childhood so there's that too .w.
Combo type: SoR2
I prefer to start a combo when I land the first punch so I can spam the B button, heheh >_>''
Jump Type: SoR2
Well I actually don't know the difference but I roll with SoR2 jump anyway Razz
Death type: SoR
I dunno, I just roll with SoR for nostalgia and I guess on multiplayer it helps my partners to stun various enemies if I die maybe .w.
Use guns: Yes
At first I was like "lol why" but then "hahah, this is fun Razz"

Video
Game speed: 60 fps
Graphic mode: 2x Normal
I'd go with scanlines for a more classic feel but I think it looks too dark lol.
Blood: No
I dunno, I know SoR is plenty violent but blood somehow rubs me off. *Stares at SoR1 route, stage 2*

Audio
BGM Source: OST
Well quite the obvious choice but somehow I thought this would allow you to pick folders containing various songs you could mod, I dunno :S
Last Breath: SoR2
Voice Type: BK3
Why they changed their quotes in SoR3? WHY? ;_;
SE Type: SoR2
SoR2 SE> SoR3 SE. I feel like SoR2 effects have more impact! Especially the pipe or Shiva's finisher combo!

Misc
Song Titles: No
Camera Type: SoR2
Hmm not sure what's the difference but yaay SoR2!
SoR3 exceptions: No
Give me my diagonal running please :V
Collision type: SoR2
Actually also don't know what this does lol Razz
Enable Police: Yes
Well, why not? Razz
Enable run and roll: Mostly Yes.
Same as the Meter options, depends if Im going solo or multiplayer, I personally prefer running but my bros like it old school lol.

And that's that Razz

Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

What's your default option settings? Empty Re: What's your default option settings?

Post  BigDarsh Wed May 14, 2014 6:34 am

As far as I can tell, seg6 (shiva combo ender) and seg5 (pipe / atomic drop) are all set in every se option. Wink

Regarding jump setting, SoR2 is one curve per character (2 with the run set up). SoR3 permit you to change your jumping curve (directional jump) while in air. SoR1 permit you to change the direction of the attack while in air (but still strict curve).

I may edit this later to give my setup!

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

What's your default option settings? Empty Re: What's your default option settings?

Post  Don Vecta Thu May 15, 2014 5:37 am

Here's mine:

Level: Mania (proud maniac player)
Lives: 0 - 5 (depends of my mood and mod)
Damage between players: Yes (I don't play 2p, but kept it on to get one of the endings).
Star moves: X Button (adds diversity to my gameplay).
Weapon type: SOR2 (yeah, so?)
Meter type: Both
Combo type: SOR2.
Jump type: SOR1.
Death type: Remake (after it got fixed in v5a, I use it now).

Blood: On (hell yeah! love slashing mooks with my sword! Twisted Evil ).

Last breath: SOR1 (the SOR2 is fucking stupid and we already discussed why).
Voice type: BK3 (don't mind too much, though, I usually use sound data packs).
SE type: Combined (same reason above).

Language: English (even though I'm a Spanish native speaker, I like me options in English).
Game title: SOR.
Song titles: Yes.
Stage opening: Theater.
Camera type: SOR2.
SOR3 Exceptions: No (hell no! I like my gameplay dynamic!).
Collision type: SOR3.
Enable police: Yes.
Enable run & roll: Yes (absolutely!).
Pause delay: SOR3 (give it to my boy Max and... AUCH~! Twisted Evil).

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Thu May 15, 2014 6:15 am

BigDarsh wrote:As far as I can tell, seg6 (shiva combo ender) and seg5 (pipe / atomic drop) are all set in every se option. Wink

Regarding jump setting, SoR2 is one curve per character (2 with the run set up). SoR3 permit you to change your jumping curve (directional jump) while in air. SoR1 permit you to change the direction of the attack while in air (but still strict curve).

I may edit this later to give my setup!

Huh... well, gonna try that sometime, I was under the impression it would only add SoR3's effects, of which for my taste was alright at best.

Ah, kinda like in Mario when on the first game it was stiff to move yourself back and it got more flexible on sequels? :3 Well, gonna have to test them as well  tongue 

Don Vecta wrote:Level: Mania (proud maniac player)
Lives: 0 - 5 (depends of my mood and mod)
Damage between players: Yes (I don't play 2p, but kept it on to get one of the endings).
Star moves: X Button (adds diversity to my gameplay).
Weapon type: SOR2 (yeah, so?)
Meter type: Both
Combo type: SOR2.
Jump type: SOR1.
Death type: Remake (after it got fixed in v5a, I use it now).

Blood: On (hell yeah! love slashing mooks with my sword! Twisted Evil ).

Last breath: SOR1 (the SOR2 is fucking stupid and we already discussed why).
Voice type: BK3 (don't mind too much, though, I usually use sound data packs).
SE type: Combined (same reason above).

Language: English (even though I'm a Spanish native speaker, I like me options in English).
Game title: SOR.
Song titles: Yes.
Stage opening: Theater.
Camera type: SOR2.
SOR3 Exceptions: No (hell no! I like my gameplay dynamic!).
Collision type: SOR3.
Enable police: Yes.
Enable run & roll: Yes (absolutely!).
Pause delay: SOR3 (give it to my boy Max and... AUCH~! Twisted Evil).

You mean the SoR 1 bad ending? I think in 5.0a it got fixed and now it automatically switch damage between players on when both accept Mr X's offer .w.
My personal choice for that is putting it off. I kinda feel too distracted to not hit my partner and when I do I have to say sorry a lot  Embarassed 

Hmm... was there an inconveniece about the Remake death before? :O

And... now that I think of it yeah, screaming when you hit the ground it's like a retarded reaction x'D
Still prefer SoR 2 scream for some reason though, nostalgia I guess :3

May I ask what pause delay does?  Razz

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu May 15, 2014 9:15 am

Yeah, the SOR1 Bad Ending. But besides beating your patnah, it also allows you to do the partner attacks while playing with CPU or friend, so it's still cool.

Pause delay is how fast you hit the enemy. SOR3 is the fastest.

The Remake death had a bug that it didn't reset the timer when you died, it kept where it was.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Thu May 15, 2014 11:32 am

Level: Mania (hardcore mode ftw)
Lives: 5
Damage between players: Yes
Star moves: X Button (unreliable at times but far more flexible than B)
Weapon type: SoR3 (although there really should be longer-lasting knives)
Meter type: Gauge (timer is faaaaail)
Combo type: SoR3 (more flexible at times)
Jump type: SoR3 (very good for defensive strategy)
Death type: SoR
Use Guns: Yes (even though they're not much use on mania)

Language: English
Game title: SoR
Song titles: Yes
Stage opening: SoR
Camera type: SoR3
SOR3 Exceptions: No (they fail)
Collision type: SoR3
Enable police: Yes (part of the balance between various toons)
Enable run & roll: Yes
Pause delay: SoR3 (even though it means I can't use Shiva 2)

As you can see, I'm more of an SoR3 person...although I have evolved out of certain things. (like the exceptions)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Thu May 15, 2014 3:04 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Yeah, the SOR1 Bad Ending. But besides beating your patnah, it also allows you to do the partner attacks while playing with CPU or friend, so it's still cool.

Pause delay is how fast you hit the enemy. SOR3 is the fastest.

The Remake death had a bug that it didn't reset the timer when you died, it kept where it was.

Wow, after setting Pause delay to SoR 3 it suddely feels more cooler to play as most characters but at the same time now I feel like SoR3 versions now are completely useless, especially SoR3 Axel.  Shocked 
I mean, the only advantage SoR3 Axel has over SoR2 Axel it's mostly his speed but with pause delay on SoR3, SoR2 Axel is pretty much SoR3 Axel except way stronger, which is funny since SoR3 Axel is more bulky he should be more strong but less speedy lol.

And wow, that bug seems sucky indeed, good thing it got repaired  Cool

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu May 15, 2014 5:46 pm

@Dark Thief
Basicly, If you  tone down the difficulty to very hard, you can play pause delay remake, and have more strategic choice since now, unleashing a combo is pretty dangerous.

I don't think "mania pause delay sor3" is more hardcore than "very hard pause delay remake"
Just give it a try

@El Gambito.
Bascily SoR 3 Axel has invincible special which is something really cool compare to Axel 2. On top of that , Axel3 move faster and has a better jump kick and a better 2 stars move (46 damage).

For playing axel (all version) I can assure you that Axel1 is definitly the best but still don't know if Axel 2 > Axel 3.

They both have pros and cons, and they both are weak character compare to pretty much every one in the roster ^^

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Thu May 15, 2014 7:07 pm

BigDarsh wrote:@Dark Thief
@El Gambito.
Bascily SoR 3 Axel has invincible special which is something really cool compare to Axel 2. On top of that , Axel3 move faster and has a better jump kick and a better 2 stars move (46 damage).

For playing axel (all version) I can assure you that Axel1 is definitly the best but still don't know if Axel 2 > Axel 3.

They both have pros and cons, and they both are weak character compare to pretty much every one in the roster ^^

You mean the rotating dragon thingy special? Huh... never actually noticed anything special in between the 3, it always got me away from harm's way as SoR2 Axel no problem but then again I suppose it's just me not really going that hardcore ^^''

I'll have to test their running speed but far as I remember it didn't seem something too significant.  Razz 
As for jump kicks hmmm also gonna have to test that out but I'd say it's not as bad as SoR 1 Axel jump knees, I'd say it's nothing too significant as well.

I dunno, I guess Im bias but I prefer how SoR2 Axel holds up overall, his normal combo hurts a lot more although slower than SoR3 but with Pause delay that feels irrelevant now and I think that's important as you use it mostly until your gauge is up. About star specials I personally prefer to keep Grand Upper since 2 stars and 3 stars special it's kinda odd to land em since Axel kinda twitch down and up, so far Grand Upper almost never failed me and I'd wish I could more technical as of why ^^''. And my favourite part about SoR2 Axel is his foward+special combo, it's pretty unsafe if someone's behind you but if you manage to chain it with his normal combo you can almost deplete an entire life bar and now with SoR3 Pause delay it's execution it's not as slow.

*scratch head*
Well, this is an opinion of a not so hardcore player so it might be irrelevant but I wouldn't say Axel, at least SoR1 and SoR2 Axel are that weak in relation to others, on my runs I can do better as Axel and Max than everyone else (Especially muuuuuuuuuuch better than Roo or Zan :V). Might be playstyle or perhaaaps there's something Im not seeing, think I'll Mania one of these days lol.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Thu May 15, 2014 7:14 pm

And out of curiousity, whose are considered top tier in SoRR?  Laughing Hard 

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu May 15, 2014 9:48 pm

And my favourite part about SoR2 Axel is his foward+special combo
This is totally invincible with axel 3 which make it totally safe (that what I speaked about in the previous message.

It's hard to tell who is the "top" characters, but sure there is:
Max, Skate 2, Rudra, Shiva (both if you play remake pause delay), Blaze 2/3, Adam, Zan, Mr X... you know everything that kick ass!

PS: I love Axel 2 too because it fits my playstyle, it was just to tell you that factually , Axel 3 is not strictly inferior to axel 2. Just taste / play style.  Wink 

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Thu May 15, 2014 10:20 pm

BigDarsh wrote:
And my favourite part about SoR2 Axel is his foward+special combo
This is totally invincible with axel 3 which make it totally safe (that what I speaked about in the previous message.

It's hard to tell who is the "top" characters, but sure there is:
Max, Skate 2, Rudra, Shiva (both if you play remake pause delay), Blaze 2/3, Adam, Zan, Mr X... you know everything that kick ass!

PS: I love Axel 2 too because it fits my playstyle, it was just to tell you that factually , Axel 3 is not strictly inferior  to axel 2. Just taste / play style.  Wink 

Oh, that changes my opinion a good chunk.

Hmm, well all summing it up well aight, I can see how it can make the difference for somebody although for me I'd say with SoR2 Axel  Cool 

Although I can't believe he's considered low tier D: Perhaps I should go mooore in depht with other chars, I personally don't do well with Rudra, Mr X and sometimes Blaze, I always get interrupted with her foward+attack move xAx

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Solinarius Mon May 26, 2014 8:29 am

I pretty much use the same settings as DarkThief, with minor tweaks depending on the character played. They  are essential if you want to get the most out of characters and the game itself. Particularly in mania difficulty, or survival mode.

El Gambito, I might suggest you try to convince your buds to first play a tweaked game, then a "legacy" style game. It's only fair and who knows, maybe they will enjoy it! I'm definitely a fan of nostalgia but I never see a reason to gimp gameplay in favor of it.

Also, you can get a good idea of what a character can do by watching mania runs or S-Rank survival on youtube. One thing that is universal is the exploitation of invincibility frames through throwing and specials.
Solinarius
Solinarius
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Wed May 28, 2014 3:12 am

Solinarius wrote:I pretty much use the same settings as DarkThief, with minor tweaks depending on the character played. They  are essential if you want to get the most out of characters and the game itself. Particularly in mania difficulty, or survival mode.

El Gambito, I might suggest you try to convince your buds to first play a tweaked game, then a "legacy" style game. It's only fair and who knows, maybe they will enjoy it! I'm definitely a fan of nostalgia but I never see a reason to gimp gameplay in favor of it.

Also, you can get a good idea of what a character can do by watching mania runs or S-Rank survival on youtube. One thing that is universal is the exploitation of invincibility frames through throwing and specials.

I could try, one of my bros liked playing with the meter system although he didn't like he couldn't spam specials for Jets since with Timer you don't lose life unless you hit the enemy hahah.
Anyways, I personally don't mind going for a nostalgic run once in awhile and I agree neglecting to try other settings would be unfair but oh well, can't force em either, they are more casual nowadays ^^''

And I'll keep that in mind~

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Fri May 30, 2014 9:54 am

Although I can't believe he's considered low tier D:
Basicly it's all about relativity more than pure weakness. The characters of this game are pretty strong for a beat them up. So yeah Axel 2 is pretty much outmatched by everyone in the roster (he lack of range and mobility, and he can't abuse his high damage move because they are not safe) but it is still a formidable character.

The other characters are safer and/or better range, and/or better damage output, or everything in one pack but that don't make him a bad character (this is not a fighting game where relativity rules). Axel 2 is still pretty good at beating out the crap of the mooks. Need more training, more planning, and if you like challenge, playing axel 2 is definitly a good one!

That's what is awesome in v5, every characters are usable, even Skate 3 and Roo! (which are very weak character)

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:17 pm

I've been playing him quite a lot recently, and I actually think I've got the hang of him now (even to the point of completing some of the tougher mods w/o losing continues), gonna post in the Axel thread soon about the best way IMO to handle him.

Axel 2 is still pretty good at beating out the crap of the mooks.

He's actually quite strong against some mooks (suits in particular) and any boss that doesn't block. I felt daring enough to attempt Maximum of Rage (original version) earlier today, and I don't think I've ever had it easier during the final boss encounter (I didn't drop a life on that fight until all the suits were gone). The 2 Bears in the previous stage also went down fairly easily (another boss that he's strong against).

That's what is awesome in v5, every characters are usable, even Skate 3 and Roo! (which are very weak character)

Roo is the weakest on paper, but he has the strongest individual move in the game (tail poke) so it does make him somewhat better (along with his throw and forward A-special). Skate 3 on the other hand... Razz
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Solinarius Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:54 pm

DarkThief wrote:I've been playing him quite a lot recently, and I actually think I've got the hang of him now (even to the point of completing some of the tougher mods w/o losing continues), gonna post in the Axel thread soon about the best way IMO to handle him.

Awesome, can't wait! I've seen great Axel 3 players mop the floor with Mania. Their mob control based around blitz 2 and the backhand.

DarkThief wrote:Roo is the weakest on paper, but he has the strongest individual move in the game (tail poke) so it does make him somewhat better (along with his throw and forward A-special).  Skate 3 on the other hand... Razz

I wouldn't say the tail poke is the strongest move, period, rather it the provides very strong utility. Skate 3's honestly not any worse off than Roo since 5.0a. He still has the dominating Dynamite Headbutt, and a much better throw.
Solinarius
Solinarius
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:54 pm

Solinarius wrote:Awesome, can't wait! I've seen great Axel 3 players mop the floor with Mania. Their mob control based around blitz 2 and the backhand.

Axel 2 here, sorry to disappoint Razz
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Level: Usually Normal and when mood hits me (rarely, though...), Mania!
Lives: 5 (the more the better, i don't use cheats)!
Damage Between Players: No (hotseat people i play with are not skilled, lol)!
Star Moves: X button (better to do manually whichever one you want at any moment, rather than your stars dictating which one)!
Weapon Type: Sor 1 (better for weapons to not degrade by use, or like in sor 2 setting, to loose them when "you" grab "enemy")!
Meter Type: Both!
Combo Type: Sor 3 (complete combo sequences any time is better)!
Jump Type: Sor 1 (changing facing and direction is better, like this, other types have restrictions on either)!
Death Type: Sor (better to knock enemies down)!
Use Guns: YES (absolutely, what kind of question was that?)!

Visual Effects: Sor (sorry, i like retro better)!
Shadows: Reflected (default)
Blood: YES (again, what kind of question was that?)!
Transparencies: 25% (default)

Last Breath: Sor 1
Voice Type: BK 3
SE Type: Combined (so each enemy has the effects from the corresponding game they appear into)!

Language: English (i don't know Spanish, even though i would like to learn)!
Game Title: BK !
Stage Opening: Fast Fade (default)!
Camera Type: Sor 2 (sudden movements sounds ominous, so i didn't use Sor 3)!
Sor 3 Exceptions: NO (why wouldn't i want to run vertically, i wonder, among other things?)!
Collision Type: Sor 2 (on the box is better than between, i guess...)!
Enable Police: YES (again, what kind of question was that?)!
Enable Run and Roll: YES (again, what kind of question was that?)!
Pause Delay: Sor 2 (the longer the better, i hate being swarmed...)!

And that's all! With those settings, i enjoy the game pretty much!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down