SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Warriors movie 1979 analysis

+3
badjab326
Don Vecta
BigDarsh
7 posters

Go down

The Warriors movie 1979 analysis Empty The Warriors movie 1979 analysis

Post  BigDarsh Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:52 am

I discovered this awesome movie recently thanks to Benny26 "Sor at the movie" mod, and I recommand it to anyone who like sidescroller, cinema, or both!

I found this really in depht analysis about this movie and I want to share it. Lots of spoiler in it, so don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled.

PS: The author made a lot of greats movie analysis for master piece such as Starship Troopers, The Matrix, Alien, The Thing, Blade Runner, 2001 space odyssey; etc... I watched a lot of them, and I enjoyed them to. If you like sci-fi, cinema, or both... have a look!
http://www.collativelearning.com/FILMS%20reviews%20BY%20ROB%20AGER.html

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

The Warriors movie 1979 analysis Empty Re: The Warriors movie 1979 analysis

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Oh, and the Rockstar game for PS2 also covered a lot of official background of the story too.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Yeah the PS2 game was beautiful. I played it 1st and then watched the movie. The game adds quite a bit to the story as DV said, and it's insanely fun whether you have a friend to play with or not.

I really wish Rockstar would make a new game using The Warriors combat system.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:31 pm

One of the factors I liked from The Warriors is that nobody in the gang was a hero. They were into gang affairs that were certainly not done to the good of society, like mugging, stealing, vandalism, etc. But perhaps what made them highly liked and respected was their determination of survival and their union, despite of the many obstacles they faced.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:59 pm

I do not have played the game yet, but I sure look for it since lots of comments across the internet (including yours peole!) seems to depict it as a good work!

Something interesting about The Warriors. It is adapted from a book and the movie adds depth to it. It's pretty rare. Most of the time, movie lose depth for commercial purpose or budget/politacly correct reasons.

As Don Vecta said, the fact that good and evil are totaly take off the screen is a pretty interesting thing since the moral is not depicted by the director. It's up to you, to make up your opinion. (pretty rare nowdays too...)

PS: Assault on Precint 13 (1976).

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Ah The Warriors, a cult classic. The game has far more depth than the film in fact, you'll certainly have to check that out.

But yeah these vids I've never seen before so thanks for those Smile

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:32 am

Great movie.
Great game.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:00 pm

I watched this movie on my PC several times during my days at university in the early 2000s. Some of the best parts of the movie, I quote below:

"I'm gonna shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle." - Ajax, played by James Remar

"Warriors! Come out to play!" - Luthor, played by David Patrick Kelly (best part is, the actor ad-libbed that line while clinking the bottles together)

"RIFFS!" ("Yeah, right!") - catch-phrase of the Gramercy Riffs gang

...............all I can say: awesome.
Shadow Fist King
Shadow Fist King
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:23 pm

interesting movie.

very old yeah, but i saw the movie some months ago and i enjoy it.
apart, i like to see those details that remenbers me to final fight, etc and the begins of the beat em up genre on videogames. Smile

in fact, i saw recently "streets of fire", that remenbers you even more to final fight in more aspects. (cody main character, the part where he dress like haggar, etc.

is funny see how videogames many times where inspired on movies...

since golden axe, with the game voices taken directly from "rambo first blood" 1st movie and "conan the barbarian" movie... to tumblepop game where you can see one boss that is the "flatswood monster" from one of the first and famous ufo cases of the 50ś in usa.

is very curious... Very Happy

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down