SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Utility] SORmaker Window Customizer v0.2a

3 posters

Go down

[Utility] SORmaker Window Customizer v0.2a Empty [Utility] SORmaker Window Customizer v0.2a

Post  Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:45 am

Greetings, my fellow SoRR Community members.

I have programmed a utility that lets you transfer certain files to the sormaker folder in your copy of Streets of Rage Remake to customize your SORMaker workspace when creating your mods. The files contained within are a set of novelty sound effects for the menus and colorful background themes for the editor itself to make your modding experience more interesting.

You may download my latest utility from this link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuSM15YFVhx8ghZw_kfF5H5HiRT0

NOTE 1: Due to the programming structure of my utility, this utility is restricted to Microsoft Windows users only.
NOTE 2: Although the actual program is named SETUP.CMD, do not act suspicious and I suggest you should try it.

Last edited by Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 on Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Donovan

Don Vecta and SORDave like this post

Back to top Go down

[Utility] SORmaker Window Customizer v0.2a Empty Re: [Utility] SORmaker Window Customizer v0.2a

Post  Don Vecta Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:48 pm

Giving it a spin while I'm writing this. Might try something custom on my own.

EDIT: it does look good. I'm gonna do one skin based on BKM

[Utility] SORmaker Window Customizer v0.2a Image

EDIT 2: Hey, guess my BKM Stage 1 skin looks good and doesn't look as intrusive. Yay.

Last edited by Don Vecta on Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 likes this post

Back to top Go down

[Utility] SORmaker Window Customizer v0.2a Empty Re: [Utility] SORmaker Window Customizer v0.2a

Post  Don Vecta Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:01 pm

So, went ahead and wanted to add a trim based on the neon signs from stage 1... and I guess they look great and no obtrusive at all while keeping the SOR vibe on.

If you guys are interested, I can upload the skin for you.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 and Rain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:33 pm

yes pls upload it!!

ill have to this a try
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

[Utility] SORmaker Window Customizer v0.2a Empty New update on SoRMaker Customizer (now v0.2a)

Post  Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:42 am

A thousand thanks for witnessing my work, dudes, especially to you, Rain and Don Vecta!

I spent all week debugging and re-writing the code, so I have added a confirmation request, which makes users think again before copying their selected themes or other files.  I also updated the ReadMe file, so it has more detailed instructions.

Also on the new update, I have added custom fonts for use on the mod selector menus and I have even named them (if you open the corresponding FPG files on some of them using FPG Edit and displaying the Details view, you will see a hidden credit on the first picture).  Not only those, I have added more themes and sound effects for making SoRMaker feel more unique.  I have also included my special versions of LISTA_SORMAKER.FPG and SORMAKER.FPG, so that the mod selector screen contains a welcome message, improved labels and a better save warning dialog.  As a bonus, I have added my modified LIBFONT.DLL file, which contains a different font that I made myself.

If you, or anyone else has not unlocked SoRMaker, they will also see a message, which I wrote in picture 5 of my SORMAKER.FPG file (I witnessed Bomberlink's original image and found out it was too small, thus creating an extremely wide gap between the image and, of course, the SoRMaker window).  When I designed the labels for the background layers, I had it based on a font from an educational game called Thomas & Friends: Engines Working Together for my V.Smile (yes, it does exist, try Googling it, or to make it easier, follow the link on said title).

Don Vecta wrote:Giving it a spin while I'm writing this. Might try something custom on my own.
EDIT: it does look good. I'm gonna do one skin based on BKM
EDIT 2: Hey, guess my BKM Stage 1 skin looks good and doesn't look as intrusive. Yay.

About the custom theme I designed: That was from a Disney film called Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure, which would inspire me to promote one of my mods I am designing, namely The Diabolical World of Disney.  You will find the information about it on the Previews page of my program.

In addition to the changes to the utility, I have also updated the preview texts about my upcoming mods, which you and other forum members should look forward to in the future.

Next time you download this update, you should erase your present one before installing the new version (the link is on the first message I have posted).  Also make sure to persuade other forum members to perform the same.  Thank you for commenting.
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Donovan

Rain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down