SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enemy mod experiment

3 posters

Go down

Enemy mod experiment Empty Enemy mod experiment

Post  mrxskull Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:54 am

A few hours messing around with the fpg files I managed to replace all the frames of sor2 Y signal (except the gory / special fx ones) with the female mook from Spider-Man Maximum Carnage. Had to first colour edit the sprites to better fit the original palette. Think it turned out pretty well. Only real downside is I don't think you can swap out shared sound effects individually so she still has all the same death grunts as the other male enemies. Not that big of an issue for me though.

I just did this for personal use but I can post the edited fpg file if anyone is interested enough.

mrxskull
Galsia

SORDave and Puzirkov like this post

Back to top Go down

Enemy mod experiment Empty Re: Enemy mod experiment

Post  Don Vecta Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:31 am

Try setting her with another female enemy? Maybe a Garnet or a Soozie...

looking good

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Hey,this can prove useful for certain mods.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  mrxskull Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:39 pm

I was thinking of doing similar replacements for some of the other 'duplicate' type enemies ie Galsias, Donovans, Big Bens, sor 3 Electras etc as they have at least two or three versions in the game so not like I'd be cutting them out completely, and would still add a bit more mook variety. Depends on how much I can be bothered and what character sprites I could use from other games that would fit in over them. I think it's possible you can add extra animation sprite frames for a character too in smart fpg editor but haven't tried it yet.

Like I say I mostly did this out of personal curiosity to see that it could work correctly. I've seen a few mods that replaces the sprites of the player characters, but don't think any for the enemies.

mrxskull
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:47 pm

Sounds fair enough,carry on.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content